[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Remember pizza parties at school? Also ice cream socials? What did your school get? Mine always got little caesar's, cheese and pepperoni options and pepsi or mtn dew. Our ice cream socials had those gallon vanilla ice creams and a bunch of syrups.
>>
>>20410391
I only remember having one pizza party in school and we each ordered our own personal pan pizza for that.
>>
>>20410391
I ate cupcakes for school parties and sometimes drank some soda
>>
>>20410407
Yea, I remember eating cupcakes at birthdays someone's mom would usually bring them in. We also had school picnics and they were just a mix of whatever the families would bring in
>>
>>20410391
you must of went to a poor school. my school everyone got at least an actual size slice.
>>
I was in America for fourth year/grade and my dad bought the entire class/grade an end of year pizza party. There were dozens of pizzas but they were from Little Caesars. I only ate the breadsticks because the pizza itself was poopshits.
>>
>>20410407
I'm >>20410440
Maybe this is just a my schooling sort of thing but we had a main project every year where every class tied into that somehow. Maths, history, science etc and the year following >>20410440, it was Native Americans. We went to the Native American cultural heritage museum, ate some shitty native food (pemmican is fucking garbage) and we're taught basic native-style crafting to make things like sandals and baskets.
The end of year party was buffalo (wings) and cornbread, which I guess is kinda neat. We ordered the buffalo (wings) but made the cornbread ourselves and we also were given jars with cream and a marble and told to shake it up to make our own butter for the cornbread.
>>
>>20410391
Fondly. I grew up in the poorer side of Michigan in the late 90s for referance.
>root beer floats
>papa johns - pepperoni
>comic brownies
>little hug barrel juice bottles
>kool'aid bursts
>chocolate cupcakes
One time our teacher ordered a full anchovy 'za back when they still did that. Nobody else in the class but me and him were fans of it. Still remember that day. I got picked on for it afterwards. Didn't help I was the only blonde and the 3rd or 4th white kid for miles around.
>>
I remember one time we got pizza and soda and they gave us diet caffine free soda. like bitch that isn't even soda
>>
>>20410461
>>only white kid
>>michigan
Did you grow up in Detroit?
>>
>>20410491
Yup. My nickname was Casper. Ask me anything.
>>
>>20410495
Sheit is you that nigga who be doing good?
>>
>>20410495
Did you get bullied for being white? Is it true that black girls would throw themselves at any white guy in thier community?
>>
>>20410498
I'm not homeless living under a bridge and eating fishguts anymore. So yeah, an improvment.
>>20410505
>Did you get bullied for being white?
Intially. I stayed in tne same general area for a while and didn't ever switch schools. They started harassing me because they wanted us to move but eventually realized I was just as poor as them and begrudedgly accepted me. Around 5th I nearly killed another kid for cutting in front of me at lunch (slammed his head in with a metal tray) and after that nobody wanted to bother me.
>Is it true that black girls would throw themselves at any white guy in thier community?
There were some who were clearly desperate and looking for that kind of thing, sure. It's prety easy to tell though. I've only ever dated black girls if that answers your question.
>>
>>20410391
i dont relate to this at all. glad i grew up before the destruction of consumerism
>>
>>20410519
Did you ever wanna move away? How were you so poor that your parents never took you out of that situation? Were they addicts? Do you really wanna be with blacks or are you just settling because there's no white women around?
>>
>>20410584
Of course I wanted to move. And yeah, we were that poor. They were dopeheads to cope with it all. Living in a shitty crab bucket neighborhood is like that. All the blacks smoke. I did too back then. Hard to blame them.
>Do you really wanna be with blacks or are you just settling because there's no white women around?
White women don't do anything for me. It's really not much more complicated than that. I didn't grow up around them and they're probably about as strange to me as black women are to you. I don't even have many other white friends.
>>
>>20410391
A shitty HS i went to would buy pizzas from a local joint and sell slices for like $1.50. Close as I got. Not a bad deal. I guess it probably made them a little extra money but not a ton.
>>
>>20410458
US native food is garbage and every time I see it its just like.. that shitty bread they use both sweet and salty, ground beef, and super processed garbage. Fry bread! Thats it. Make it into indian taco.. dust it with honey and sugar, cat fish, cheetos. How does a proud native culture absolutely lose every legit meal they ever made? Did their cuisine always just suck ass? Was it always an Indian taco but instead of ground beef and taco seasoning filling it was hacked up Buffalo jerky? South American natives kept their shit and make some interesting and tasty stuff. They all got buttfucked by whites just as much as the US ones did. What's going on?
>>
File: book.jpg (29 KB, 225x300)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Does anyone remember bookit from pizza hut? Do they still do that?
I loved reading as a kid. getting a free pizza then playing the tmnt arcade game in the smoky restaurant was rad.
>>
>>20410598
This is like the end game for white men as orchestrated by the jews. Why would you befriend the people who bullied you all your life? Do you really never fantasize or are attracted to white women? Do you have any idea how unnatural that is?
>>
>>20410640
Shit i remember mom taking me to the delivery/pickup only pizza hut across the street from my elementary school in the 80's & still remember the smell while we waited. Good times.
>>
>>20410458
We did a native American semester too but since we live around natives and know what they actually eat, we just had Indian tacos which are basically just chalupas from taco bell, this is the only native food that's ever been franchised
>>
>>20410649
All the black ladies i meet have very strong personalities, lol. I don't mind, I'm just not the personality to match that. I've been with a few more meek ones that probably grew up around a lot of white people and one straight from Africa one. You must speak their language or have the strong personality to match them. Is that a normal experience?
>>
>>20410391
Canadian so our schools aren't as much of a prison system meant to accustom children to seeing the government as the provider rather than their family, so school food was uncommon.
Pizza was rare like maybe twice a year and it was fucking terrible. Zoomers will never understand how bad the quality of frozen food was before early 2000s.
We did have hotdog day every friday so I'd get to miss a class in grade 5 to go put hotdogs in buns and deliver them to all the classes.
Of course this was part of ostracizing the intelligent from their peers but I didn't understand at the time.
>>
>>20410414
I remember school picnics, like 10 families would always bring the same ambrosia salads. I wonder if they still even do school picnics these days
>>
File: Unfair.jpg (36 KB, 390x451)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>20410491
Pic related is his mom.
>>20410461
I was the only white kid in my grade in my small town in Alabama. Black History Week (before it got inflated to an entire month) was pretty sad because the other kids in my class all saw me as a stand-in for slave owners, something the teachers (all black) did nothing to prevent.
>>
>>20410640
They still do it. The personal pans have declined in taste, and I think the coupon gets you a discount or a calzone or something, but it exists still. Just not as glorious as it once was.
>>
File: booked.jpg (67 KB, 1056x792)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>20410640
Do kids even know what books are?
>>
>>20410461
> I got picked on for it afterwards.
God i fucking hate kids
>>
>>20410730
I'm assuming they do because men in drag keep reading to them
>>
>>20410736
Children generally use feminine hen pecking to determine social order. The kids who figure out early to use masculine physical violence against feminine hen pecking end up not getting fucked with. It's worth a three day suspension and angry parents to set the precedent that you won't play feminine hen pecking games. Best to establish this early and renew it every couple of years before puberty. Once testosterone starts flooding the boy's systems, the rules change but even then if you've established yourself as being willing to be violent, that will go a long way to preventing other boys from even trying to test you and it does give you a leg up on the girls too as they have an entire childhood of knowledge built up of you not taking shit.
>>
>>20410649
I'm all in on conspiracy theories and there's definitely some orchestrated perception control going on, but you're pathetic in even asking why he would befriend his bullies and by putting white women on a pedestal. You're actually as programmed as they want you to be. Get out of the "us vs them/racial/identity" programming

The whole point is to realize everyone is the same, as in we are all infinite consciousness experiencing itself
>>
>>20410749
I just got funny. Funny makes girls laugh. Get girls, nobody picks on you.
>>
>>20410757
I don't put American white women on a pedestal, infa I think they're scum and it's thier fault men are avoiding them now. But c'mon he's gonna go his whole life without even dating one female of his own race? Does that sound right to you? Consciousness has tons of divisions within it, including race
>>
>>20410730
my kid is 8 and she reads books by the truckload. going to the library is one of our favorite things to do together. we'll bring home like 20 books at a time. it's one of the only things i'm certain i'm doing a good job at parenting-wise
>>
>>20410854
Never let her have a smartphone
>>
>>20410814
I don't know what to tell you other than you're walking a dark path. Too much negativity has clouded your mind and you'll never achieve anything until you shift your focus.
Try to find a way to bring positive things through positve actions to yourself and your loved ones.
I'm praying for you, anon
>>
>>20410854
Make her watch skibidi toilet
>>
>>20410495
I know another white guy in a similar situation. He grew up in blackest Philadelphia and his nickname is also Casper. I can't even remember wtf his real name is.
>>
>>20410854
Yeah I bet she loves all the faggot commie propaganda at the library
>>
>>20410391
>What did you get?
Shut down. We were supposed to have pizza and ice cream for some holiday, the night before a bunch of people broke into the school and shit all over the place. Ended up missing enough days from cleanup it cut like 2 weeks from summer vacation. And they never rescheduled the party, and they only did something like that once a year for us. Never found out who did it, but we did find out the cameras didn't work. We had just got new computers thanks to a grant, like 12 of them, first time the school district ever had computers for students. Since someone found out the cameras didn't work they broke in during the middle of the clean up one night and stole all the computers.
>>
>>20411018
>>cut 2 weeks of summer vacation
Now ik you're lying
>>
>>20410391
In Malaysia, we get packed rice dishes for school events like picrel. We get this stuff even in uni and at work.
>>
>>20411310
Most states have a legal requirement for how many school days a school must have per school year. If the school was closed for two weeks, those days would have to be made up. Most school calendars have a couple of extra days built in expecting weather or something will cause a day or two of school to be cancelled but no school can close for two weeks and not make up those days, at least not without approval at the state level.
>>
>>20411696
^this
>>20411310
My high school was in Colorado and at least two summers we were let out late because we had too many snow days
>>
>>20411310
Private school must have been nice, hope you didn't have to play alter boy.
>>
>>20411310
It actually happened. People broke into the school and shit all over the place. People believe they shit at the school and brought shit with them in bags or buckets or something because they spread it over a hallway, 3 class rooms and another room. And the state mandated school be in session a certain number of days a year, you could miss like 3 or 4 due to weather, tragedy, whatever but if you missed more you had to make them all up before the year was over. And I remember now, the pizza party was for completing a standardized test, that's why we had one every year.
>>
>>20412095
I remember that, didn't they lock pigs into the school? I remember a pig shit thing
>>
>>20410640
Good times.
>>
Remember when people didn't talk like Napa's on the Internet?
>>
catholic school in brooklyn, we had pizza day every wednesday and you could order one or two slices either plain or pepperoni and get a small bag of herrs chips and an 8oz can of arizona iced tea. The pizza came from a pizzeria nearby that was owned by the dad of a girl in my class I had a crush on lel. At the end of the year, the two school janitors would buy the whole class mcdonalds. It's weird looking back at how getting mcdonalds was seen as a treat we'd only eat once every few months and now I'm eating that slop like twice a week because it's cheaper than any other fast food spots (including pizzerias and delis)
>>
>>20412403
>At the end of the year, the two school janitors would buy the whole class mcdonalds

Comfy as fuck
>>
>>20412116
No, this was human shit.
>>
>>20410391
That's because the teachers would often pay for these events out of pocket. What's tragic is that the education system has only gotten since I was in school (graduated from HS in 2019).
>>
>>20413324
No they didn't, ever, and if they chose to for whatever reason, they were reimbursed
t.I used to sub
>>
>>20410391
one school had these odd "personal" pizzas and used one of the first microwaves to heat them up. very floppy and gummy.

we had sno cones for 15 cents each.

ice cream socials but I don't remember what all was there.

we did a pizza day one time and they ordered from a local pizza place that was not pizza hut. biggest slice of pizza I had seen at the time. I had 2 and was stuffed.

we had home room mothers who's job was to make cup cakes and such for certain events. my mother was the home room mother at least once. this was when no one had allergies.
>>
>>20413354
Are you American? Teachers here have to buy their own supplies for the classroom.
>>
>>20410391
>ice cream socials?
There was supposed to be one in my highschool but they never actually budgeted the ice cream so the school never got any, and when the day came one of the teachers was like "ill go get ice cream" but then they realized they didn't actually want to buy ice cream and it just didn't happen.
>>
>>20413775
Yes and in the case that they don't go through school channels (usually for specific supplies that aren't available) they get reimbursed for that
My wife was also a teacher, both in public and private schools, and they all had reimbursal processes
I imagine there could be some schools which make it more annoying than others but forcing teachers to supply student materials is basically illegal in all states.
>>
>>20410949
Uneducated simpleton, kill yourself.
>>
>>20410713
I love ambrosia salad
>>
my school had a reward system where at the end of the school year, the classroom of each grade year who got the highest grades would get pizza for lunch every other wednesday for the entire duration of the following grade year.
this resulted in battles between the other classes for performance but the actual class wars were not worse than when actually being the beneficiary of being a 'pizza day' classroom, because pizza days resulted in a war on which of my peers gets center pieces and who's left with a slice with crust, which i would lose often to because of spite.
i have hated every single petty piece of shit asshole in my grade year ever since.
>>
Bless the teachers who were buying this pizza with their own money to bring a bit of joy to their students, despite their lacking salary.
Doubly bless the ones with nice asses in pencil skirts
>>
>>20410391
zoomer thread

my school cooked everything from scratch in big portions, i would even help peel the potatoes
>>
File: mixed.jpg (883 KB, 1920x600)
883 KB
883 KB JPG
>>20414201
My school was mixed on that. Entrees and desserts were made from scratch on site but the mixed vegetables, corn, and other similar items came from giant cans delivered by 'Sunday Dinner' which was the Sysco for the area.
>>
>>20410391
>what did your school get?
the kitchen made pizzas and we'd get x amount of slices or something along those lines, no soda just the regular juice
>>
>>20410405
Look at Mr. Rockefeller here with his own pizza.
>>
>>20414192
I only had one hot teacher in my entire life. Bless you fresh out of college 8th grade social studies teacher. Saw her whale tail once when she was bending over organizing computer wires under her desk and fapped to the memory for years.
>>
File: file.png (77 KB, 390x280)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>20410391
>zomers only see shit tier shrinkflation pizza in their lifetime
>think pizza was always like that
>they'll never know the feel of a thick, crisp, juicy square slice

I almost feel bad for zoomers, but their relentless hostility against their betters steadies my contempt. Enjoy your "carbon neutral" world lmao.
>>
>>20410391
Hmmm. School was so long ago for me I vaguely remember. I think we had Dippin dots one time
>>
>>20410713
They did it for mine but I’m class of 2001
>>
>>20410391
Probably because it was a reward for getting good attendance in their class or highest grades for the STAR tests and they either had to pay out of their pockets or the school would only pay up to a certain amount.

We got pizza(a pretty big slice too, size of your standard paper plate) plus fries every day as 1 of 3 options for school lunch anyways so it doesn't really matter. It was more worth it to shutdown the class to watch a movie though.
>>
File: discouragingpuffle.png (3 KB, 44x48)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>get early recess for perfect attendance
>there's teacher handing out otter pops
>bitch principal takes over
>when it's my turn in line I ask if I can get a grape
>she condescendingly says "Oh, so you don't want any"
>>
>>20410391
This is an anti-ESL thread because they were beaten by the headmaster while we got to enjoy pizza parties lol
>>
>>20413804
Did the students get mad?
>>
>>20410440
imagine being such a faggot at that age. Your father must've been disgusted with you.
>>
>>20410391
Wtf did everyone go to the same school??

Ours would have less soda than that and told to get water if we wanted more
>>
>>20410391
>dis wat we wud get
What retarded nignog wrote this shit
I go to 4chan to avoid this bullshit and interactions with blacks. But guess what!!! There's no escaping the negro
>>
>>20410391
>pizza parties
Do colonials truly?
>>
>>20410713
oh fuck me sideways that's a salad in america
>>
>>20418276
DO AMERICANS REALLY?
>>
>>20410391
I remember when people could actually read, write, and speak English.
Now dis is wat we get frum duh urban youfs.
>>
>>20413835
Every school I've ever seen starts the year with a fucking wish lists and depends on the parents kindness.
>>
>>20410598
I'm white and also grew up in the hood, similar story except public housing and welfare, my family were criminals on meth
>>
I'd always be the one to bring plates or napkins to the school party because bringing a croc pot or a tray of baked goods onto the bus was annoying
>>
My school cafeteria did a "Picnic day" once a year where instead of the food from the distributor they went outside and grilled hot dogs and made their own sides. It was self-serve, the plebeians would always pile their entire tray in potato chips, while the patricians would always pile their entire tray in pasta salad
>>
>>20415104
>The year is 2077
>Joe Biden's head has been president since 2020
>The only oven approved for civilian use is the microwave
>All bread is forever soggy
>Pizza is a forgotten term
>>
File: ob4x2goy2jb61.jpg (9 KB, 320x320)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
I fucking loved these things.
>>
What's
>sm & dis
>>
>>20419459
Heh, my high school gym teacher held a "health day" at the end of every year
It was a potluck that the teachers and students could bring anything they wanted and we all shared
Some kids would go all-out and bring pulled pork and barbecue ribs
He called it "health day" to see how much junk food you could eat it took "to not need lotion"
>>
>>20419552
They still sell em. Cheap.
>>
>>20410649
>>20410814
Thought I was on /pol/ for a second with this little inbred faggot parroting whatever makes his manufactured personality feel real.
>>
>>20415124
2001 for graduating elementary school?
>>
>>20415104
Actually it's regional, square slices are a midwestern thing only
>>
I always thought the kids who brought cupcakes or cookies for everyone on their birthday were dweebs. But I didn't have any friends so was in no position to judge.
>>
>>20419386
I never once bought school supplies for my teachers. Not my problem, my parents pay taxes for a reason.
>>
>>20410640
of course and I maxed that shit out. free money
but even as a kid a personal pan wasn't enough
only a complete bitch is satisfied by one of those things
>>
I went to a Catholic school and have a distinct memory of a "school sleepover" where we all slept in the gymnasium.
One teacher had a little black box with a hole in the side and he made us line up and stick our hand in. It was full of cold canned spaghetti.
I was like 6 years old and I remember thinking at the time that it was fucking weird.
>>
>>20414192
>lacking salary
They get paid too god damned much as it is
>>
>>20420180
>It was full of cold canned spaghetti
didn't expect that with the whole catholic school sleepover, what a twist
>>
>>20420086
Do you mean in restaurants? School/prison/military pizza is usually square because it's efficient when there are loads of people to feed at once.
>>
File: Yikes.jpg (41 KB, 798x644)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>20410391
>mfw they hype up the pizza party and get little sneedsar's (shit, dog shit, stale dog shit)
>>
>>20420186
Depends on the state, some teachers are paid dogshit
It's why my wife quit she tutors and makes way more
I mean I get that some schools like to get parents to buy extra school supplies to help out with the kids whose parents are broke, that's normal, but making them pay for classroom supplies is not
Although some teachers will do it voluntarily, that's different
One of the ladies that we worked with was a double PhD in biology and microbiology, she had money and bought her kids all kinds of goofy fun shit, Chuck, I hope you're still crushing it
>>
>>20410640
I remember when In-n-out did a thing where if you read 5 books you get a free meal certificate. I would always read dr.seuss books and fill it super fast. I wonder if they still do it, but its another reason for me to consider in-n-out based.
>>
>>20410458
Pemmican is probably the tastiest survival food, again, SURVIVAL food around what are you on about
>>
>>20410495
I grew up in Seine Saint Denis, nickname was Actimel, I know the feeling
Surely it has nothing to do with me ardently wishing for TND nowadays
>>
>>20410391
It just brings me bad memories. Mom was a tightwad with money and my class was having a pizza party. Bitch teacher was asking $5 from every student to participate in the party. Embarrassed the shit out of me because of course my mom either told me no or I assumed my mom would say no. One kid in the class tells the teacher he'll cover my cost at the last minute, makes me emotional because we weren't even friends at all (makes me feel even more like shit because this middle school kid has at least five dollars in his pocket and I was lucky to even get a dollar). I remember being in the parking lot in the grocery store nearby pan handling for money. At the time I didn't think anything of it but now I realized it was fucked up. I think it's the reason why now I became a tightwad. For example I'll never order the 100% chicken burger from a fast food spot, just the cheap ass mcchicken, $1 BK chicken junior, or $1 crispy chicken at wendys. I'll make most certain to always give my future kid pocket money every day so he doesn't end up like me.
>>
>>20421449
>Five dollars for half a slice, cup of punch, tiny chocolate candy.

That whore was running a goddamn business in the school. What a cunt.
>>
>>20421451>>20421449
It gets even worse. The products were being sold in ~2003 prices.. I didn't think about it at the time but it does seem like the teacher was ripping us all the fuck off. Weird because the school was in a high income area. Fucking greedy ass teacher.
>>
>>20410391
If I were a teacher I'd make most certain I'd bring a variety of pizzas and serve them extra cut so kids don't become wasteful. But also I would make it like a buffet so you can eat as much as you want. 4 pizzas at little ceasers are like what, $33-40 fucking dollars? Teachers are so cheap.
>>
>>20415122
>Dippin dots
Man that shit was cash. Bubblegum dippin dots is still the best ice cream I've ever had
>>
>>20410434
>you must of went
Kill yourself
>>
>>20410674
This post gets the Faggot of the Month Award. Congrats.
>>
File: Taco_Pizza.jpg (46 KB, 474x355)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>20421466
Made me remember a time in high school when our AP English class won some grade average thing relative to the rest of the English courses so we got a pizza party as a prize.

So our teacher goes and asks us all where we want our pizza from and the kinds, which is nice. But our English teacher was, besides a genuinely nice guy, also utterly prissy, like the kind of guy who always looks like a soyjack even when holding his own or winning against others.

So we all suggest pizzas from Caseys, especially their taco and breakfast pizza.
And no shit, our teacher laughed and said "we're not getting pizza from a gas station" and proceeded to ask us for another place.
So while we ended up getting "better" quality pizza, he got joked about it even by other teachers as long as I was there.
>>
>>20410391
Our school treated us to McDonald's after a school trips. But we never had any pizza parties.
>>
>>20421640
Part of the reason I did sports were the trips to mcdonalds after the games.
Surprisingly warm memories even though I was a benchsitter.
>>
>>20421635
Caseys is expensive as fuck now too. 18 bucks for a goddamn breakfast pizza. No thanks.
>>
>>20422010
Yeah I just make my pizzas these days, or if I'm splurging go for the place that's expensive but actually puts good meats and cheeses into a deep dish
>>
>>20414319
We had that too.
You kids these days are having it rough.
>>
>>20410405
>>20414319
>>20422037
If you will turn your attention to OP's image, you will note that the caption is written in African-American Vernacular English.
White kids got personal pan pizzas
Black kids got sliver slices
>>
>>20420086
lol no
>>
>>20410391
I remember we got In n Out for winning a food drive contest but I was a picky eater back then and the burger came with everything so I gave it to some broad that sat next to me.

When I was in an AP class the last month was just random shit every day cause the AP test was over and we had a big feast day where everyone just brought in whatever they wanted. Some jackass ate so much he puked everywhere outside.

In French class we had a crepé party and some overachievers brought other french snacks. I think we also did bread and cheese but I was absent when we made the groups so I was with some randoms and I contributed nothing so I felt guilty and couldn't enjoy it
>>
>>20410757
>we are all infinite consciousness experiencing itself
Im pretty sure its the opposite, this is all to produce independent (free will) beings that are... Stable.
Hivemind/one consciousness appears a lot in occult dogma.
>>
>>20410505
NTA but I had a friend who went to Cas Tech in Detroit. She wore moccasins so her nickname became cracker pocahontas. Dindus be races
>>
>>20421449
>$5
This just reminded me how little money went such a long way not even that long ago.
>>
>>20415104
What places made this kind of pizza? I have fond memories of it that you just reminded me of.
>>
>>20410391
Elementary school had monthly snowcone days. Still happens going off the school calendar for my niece.
>>
>>20410391
Never had them.
>>
i remember we had christmas parties. we would exchange gifts, make ornaments, and even had a christmas play.
>>
>>20410391
Yeah and I fucking hated them.
It’s all processed slop made for children.
>>
Nobody will see this, but it's been bugging me for almost 30 years. In first grade my class did a seafood day. They brought in a live lobster for all of us to look at and pet. Without warning the chef tosses the live lobster in the boiling water. This was my first glance at death, but I did not shed a tear yet. After the lobster was done they brought it all the way to set it on my desk so the other kids could get a good look. It was right there in front of me when the chef chopped it's head off, on my desk. That's when I cried: one because it was looking at me and also the knife made a squeak sound and I thought it was the lobster crying. This was the first week of school so the rest of the year my desk smelled of dead lobster. His black protruding eyes haunt me in my sleep. It's been 30 years and I've never brought myself to eat lobster.
>>
>>20422046
>white parents pay taxes
>black parents take taxes
>>
>>20410495
You haunting houses still nigga?
>>
>>20412403
Based Jannies
>>
>>20419552
I ate those but the strawberry or chocolate swirl versions
>>
>>20424960
A woman I know's mother was a kindergarten it preschool teacher for a Christian school. The first day of class, she'd tell all her kids that they have Jesus inside every one of them then she'd say "She me your Jesus!" and all the kids would laugh and smile.
Fast forward some length of time and, invariably, one kid will get into a fight or disagreement or something with another which will lead into a physical altercation or, at the very least, name-calling.
So she'd pull the offending student aside and in front of the class ask
>what did you do?
And the kid would sheepishly say something like "I called Billy a doodoo head."
>no you didnt, sweetheart. remember what I told you on our first day? Jesus is inside every one of you. you just called Jesus a doodoo head. that's bad and you're a sinner. everyone, Johnny here is a sinner and he's going to burn in hell for insulting Christ Jesus
At which point, the kid and several others would break out into tears.
This may sound like a horror story but in today's world of disinterested teachers and ineffective pedagogy, the fact that one woman is able to traumatise hundreds of kids shows that there's at least one teacher who can actually teach something, even if what she taught them was a deep seated hatred for humanity. Johnny likely grew up to be a serial killer or politician or something equally horrible.
>>
>>20410674
Hey, Nick from Ontario, shut up.
>>
>>20424960
I think the lesson of the day was not to be shellfish
>>
>>20419552
The wood legit made the ice cream taste better ngl
>>
>>20426486
They were cool guys, one was a vietnam vet with a missing leg
>>
>>20424960
I was traumatized of butterflies as a kid in pre-k because we had one of those terrarium things for caterpillars where you can watch them metamorphize into butterflies over a few weeks but a few of them died and were like leaking their colors out of the cocoon and it was really scary as a 4 year old. I still have a phobia of butterflies and i'm 29.
>>
>>20426748
Weird. I was autistically obsessed with butterflies till I was 13. I even brought some to class to the ire of the teachers. I insulted a girl during 4th grade recess because she misidentified a wooly bear caterpillar
>>
>>20426748
>terrarium things
This reminds of something we did as a class in fifth grade. They were supposed to be our class pets. We had 7 caterpillars in one of picrelated. One of them cannibalized a smaller one and all 6 of them ended up dying except for one of them that turned into a butterfly after hatching from its cocoon. As a class we all went outside nearing the end of the schoolday to let it free. It flew for probably less than 30 seconds before a robin came by and snatched it. Some of the girls were upset but we couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity. What a short, shitty life it lived.
>>
>>20427577
Butterfly caterpillars don’t typically spin cocoons, they shed their skin to reveal a chrysalis underneath then wait for that to harden. Moth caterpillars commonly spin a cocoon around them then turn into a chrysalis inside that. Cocoons are silk capsules normally covered in leaves to camouflage it
>>
>>20410391
>dis
>wat
what's the point of these shortening even? If the answer is to save time typing then it would save them 1 (one) whole letter. Which is a shorter time than one inhale of air.
>>
>>20427903
OP is of the negro race
>>
We had pizza at our schools mini-cafeteria every Friday, I think it was dominoes, I think you could get cheese, pepperoni or deluxe. We would have free pizza days every now and then, also dominoes.
>>
>>20410736
Public schooling is a literal fucking joke, the idea that all kids should be housed together for 12 years is genuinely psychotic
>>
>>20424960
I grew in a super redneck town that had a 4H club and when we were in third grade we went to a dairy farm that belonged to one of the kids
in the class's family and got to pet all the cows then afterwards went to the slaughterhouse outside of town. Genuinely traumatizing.
>>
>>20427889
Guess I didnt learn anything from it.
>>
Pizza day every last friday of the month. I think they ordered ginos pizza, and tim hortons cookies. Like once or twice a year they'd switch it up and make it KFC chicken instead of pizza.

I remember one time I ordered 4 slices (i'd eat more when we ordered pizza at home even) and the most one other kid got was 3. Everyone else had like 1 or 2 and it made me feel ashamed. I was still hungry though.
>>
We had an ice cream party in kindergarten and i was looking forward to it all week, but i had to go home before it started because i got sick
when we got home, we found that my cat died (he was old)
>>
>>20426871
>I insulted a girl during 4th grade recess because she misidentified a wooly bear caterpillar
lmao what a stupid fuckin bitch
>>
File: pizza-boats-5.jpg (178 KB, 1200x1529)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
My schools would order pizza from the local place whenever we got one. If there was a big event schoolwide, we got food from the staff and a bunch of other cool stuff from wherever. The pizza was always oval-shaped and always cheese, never any other toppings.

Speaking of which, in my area, chocolate milk was uncommon to rare until sixth grade. But around eighth grade onward it started tasting funny, almost like they put extra sugar in it rather than just the chocolate syrup.
>>
>>20418276
AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO AMERICANS REALLY? AMERICANS! AMERICANS?!!?! I LITERALLY CAN NOT GET AMERICA OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
>>
>>20430309
Amazing defence.
>>
>>20430419
There was nothing to defend against.
>>
When I was in elementary school, every friday my school would sell Domino's pizza out of the cafeteria. It was almost always the most hype shit ever. Virtually every kid would line up, whereas on most other days there'd be a decent mix of lunch line kids versus kids who brought.

In 4th grade they switched over to those shitty, cafeteria pizza squares on fridays, like in: >>20415104. It was simply never the same after that. I remeber kids used to take the congealed layer of cheese off these pizzas and stick them to the tables and walls by the sauce in protest. I still don't know why they got rid of the one thing that brought us joy at the end of the week. Public school administrators just seem like cruel, vicious animals.
>>
>>20430972
>I still don't know why they got rid of the one thing that brought us joy at the end of the week.
Because it was cheaper and the money saved could go into an admin's pocket instead.
>>
>>20410405
1/2

We also did this when I was a youngling, my mom was helping with whatever the fuck we were doing so she ordered like 230 personal pizzas under her name, no issues there

However many weeks/months later when we ordered pizza again to our house they completely ignored our order and sent us another 230 personal pizzas. Keep in mind this was back before the internet so there wasn't any "glitch" on a website order, some retard took the phone call and was told "two large pizzas" and hung up the phone and thought "hmm wasn't this the lady that ordered 230 personal pizzas a few weeks ago? Let's just remake that order again instead of what she just told me." The delivery guy was livid when we refused to pay, especially after for some reason he thought to unload all the boxes of pizzas onto our porch before ringing the bell. He tried the "can you just help out and pay for some of this?" card and my parents told him to get fucked, then he tried to threaten us with "well I guess I'll take these all back then" and he was not prepared for my dad to say "please do, that is what we want." Dude packed up all the pizzas for some reason as if they were gonna reuse them or recycle them. Half hour later the store manager starts non stop calling our house saying hes gonna call the police. Manager then drives to our house (somewhat related, was a white-sounding black guy) and starts being a karen rather than full chimping out. Then he pulls out a cell phone and pulled out the antenna (I think this was one of the first times I've ever seen a cell phone in real life, and years later realized if a pizza hutt manager could afford one of the first cell phones then he was probably selling drugs on the side or something which probs was why he thought he could scare us while he was freaking out) and calls the police saying we were threatening his life. Police come and do their thing and don't arrest the guy for false reporting or whatever.
>>
>>20419552
Hated these things, spoon was dumb and the ice cream was too hard
>>
>>20431024
2/2

tl;dr we did not get any free personal pan pizzas, and we also did not get the two larges that we actually wanted, but for me being like 8 years old I enjoyed the drama
>>
>>20420086
>square slices are a midwestern thing only
my mom made pizza and cut them into square slices, we're finnish
>>
>>20431217
Oh I made her finish, alright.
(Finland is just Asia's Midwest)
>>
You're now realizing that all these events were paid for by your teachers

Once I learned how bleak education funding was in college my respect for teachers went way, way up.
>>
>>20431244
Just about everything is paid for by the teacher.
>supplies
>teaching aides
>class posters/decor
>any and all events
>fucking photocopies
And despite annual budget cuts, conditions only ever get worse all around. It really makes you think about where it's going.
>>
>>20410391
I grew up in a country area and there was no pizza place for about 90 minutes drive (there was a fish and chip shop nearby but they weren't great)
I didn't understand this concept until I entered the workforce and they tried to bribe you to hang around for unpaid work events using 6 pizzas for 30 people
>>
>>20431286
>>20431244
I already said you're both wrong
>>
>>20431291
lmao
I used to work as a game dev and they'd order us pizza just about every night we worked overtime
After I got laid off I couldn't stand the thought of eating one for years afterward
>>
>>20431351
>I used to work as a game dev and they'd order us pizza just about every night we worked overtime
If they were smart, they would've just bought a 100 pounds of oatmeal and provided you guys with unlimited bowl, spoons, and an electric kettle. Much more cost effective than pizza.
Something like that could probably be used as a "free meal" thing in workplaces where employees aren't paid enough to be able to buy their own food, or you don't want them eating your food. Like at Walmart, McDonald's, or Tesla.
>>
File: 170085466.jpg (53 KB, 500x539)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
the only parties i remember in school was everyone getting a baked potato, or getting some candy before christmas vacation. the teachers didn't like spending money on us, so they organized parties in a way that required kids to bring food for the class
>>
>>20431244
And the parents
>>
>>20430972
>American schools sell licensed proprietary pizza
damn lmao
>>
>>20431026
The stick was fine and the ice cream was too hard because your parents were retards and turned the freezer to 0K like mine did. At just freezing 0C, they're soft enough.
>>
>>20427987
You're right, we should instead exterminate the kids. The world sucks so let's end all kids and let us be the last humans on earth. We can send the species off partying.
>>
>>20431386
>t. 1840s plantation owner
>>
>>20410391
I think one time the teachee cut up the pizza like op.
Wasn't much of a party.
We had pizza for lunch every other day though so whatever.
Promise of pizza party was more common than the event itself.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.