[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: -1x-1.jpg (513 KB, 1880x1273)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
What are your memories of Red Lobster? Now that it will prob be gone soon

>Red Lobster Is Considering Bankruptcy Partly Due to $11 Million Loss from Endless Shrimp Deal: Report

https://people.com/red-lobster-is-considering-bankruptcy-partly-due-to-11-million-loss-from-endless-shrimp-deal-report-8635031
>>
I remember when I was in elementary school that my parents would take me to Red Lobster on my birthdays, would get a whole lobster and keep the shell afterwards as a souvenir. I go there every now and again for the nostalgia
>>
I've never been since I'm not black
>>
>>20412343
Do they not let whites in or is this a new policy?
>>
>>20412314
ahhhh, vulture capitalism strikes again
>>
>>20412347
>What kind of jewdaism is this
the jewish kind
>>
>>20412346
It's had a reputation as a chain restairant primarily popular with the african american demographic for a long time
maybe it varies by region but on the east coast it's true
>>
>>20412314
>Work at Olive Garden
>Get discount at Red Lobster in same lot
>Go there and buy a half off bowl of chowder and just mog the biscuits

I went there dozens of times and I dont think I ordered anything but the chowder.
>>
>>20412432
you are part of the problem
>>
>>20412314
"Bankruptcy" doesn't mean they're going out of business
It can mean restructuring
>>
>>20412481
11 is specifically the restructuring one
7 is the we're fucked and gotta sell everything one
>>
File: sad lobster.png (22 KB, 579x119)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>20412498
Cheddar biscuits are still on the menu, boys
>>
>>20412333
>I remember when I was in elementary school that my parents would take me to Red Lobster on my birthdays, would get a whole lobster and keep the shell afterwards as a souvenir.
That's adorable Anon. I remember as a kid Walmart used to have live Lobsters in a tank in the seafood section (back when they also sold pet fish in the pet supply/aquarium section), and I would spend a long time just watching them crawl around admiring their giant antennae.
>>
>>20412314
Love this place. The last restaurant that has a nice, dark ambience, high seat backs on the booths to afford a modicum of privacy. Comfy.
>>
>>20412516
Do they not do that in stores there anymore? Most large grocery stores here have them.
>>
>>20412996
Where is "here" exactly? You are being vague.
>>
File: IMG_7098.jpg (630 KB, 1179x1184)
630 KB
630 KB JPG
>>20412314
in my late teens my mom was very ill for a while and I had to drive her to the big city for appointments often and we’d always stop at the red lobster off the exit and get the build your lunch combo (but back then it was only like 10$ and came with a salad so pretty good deal). We were never very close until talking during those long drives and lunches
>>
Caught you sniffin my boxers at Red Lobster
>>
One time at Red Lobster I had to pee. As I walked, I noticed a trail of vomit on the floor ~15ft long, continuing under the bathroom door. I told my mom and we all left without eating.
>>
>>20412998
You know. Here.
>>
>>20412516
Meijer still has the wall of pet fish. It’s way in the back by the toilet paper.
>>
>go to red lobster for biscuits and shrimps
>having a good time eating biscuits and shrimps
>sorry, we have a 2 drink limit
never again
>>
During the last endless shrimp deal, I was at RL and actually watched a 30 yo soy manchild demand an order to go, knowing full well that all-you-can-eat deals don't include to go orders. Asked for the manager and everything. Which one of you was this?
>>
>>20412314
>Chapter 11
It's nothing
Just means they can fuck creditors over and borrow more money
>>
It's time they BLANDA UPP with Olive Garden and form the Lobster Garden
>>
>>20413181
Or The Red Olive, that might be good.
>>
>Thai businessman: "Let's offer the Americans all you can eat shrimp for $20, what could possibly go wrong"
>OH MY GOD THEY ARE BANKRUPTING US THEY ARE EATING ALL THE SHRIMP SHUT IT DOWNNNNNNNN!!!!
>>
>>20412314
I love the crab legs. Although I have a negative response to going to Red Lobster, because as a kid I remember this traumatic experience of having to pee and there being some guy who got drunk and was throwing up chunks all over the bathroom. The place was covered in half digested seafood and alcohol. It smelled like hell. I'll never forget that. I remember the staff wondering what to do about him, because he he kept puking everywhere. It was on the sink on the mirror, and two toilets,. I have no idea how he ate and drank that much.
>>
File: crabs.jpg (159 KB, 1125x1734)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>20412314>>20412314

I love the crab legs. Although I have a negative response to going to Red Lobster, because as a kid I remember this traumatic experience of having to pee and there being some guy who got drunk and was throwing up chunks all over the bathroom. The place was covered in half digested seafood and alcohol. It smelled like hell. I'll never forget that. I remember the staff wondering what to do about him, because he he kept puking everywhere. It was on the sink on the mirror, and two toilets,. I have no idea how he ate and drank that much.
>>
>>20412996
There's an Asian grocery store by me that has them but none of the other major ones.
>>
>>20412314
As a kid, Red Lobster seemed like a rich people's restaurant which was too expensive for us to ever eat at. Still haven't been but because pretty much everyone says it's not very good.
>>
File: apple6.jpg (344 KB, 1224x1632)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>20413135
Me
>>
>>20412333
>keep the shell afterwards

Wouldn't that stink after a white?
>>
>>20412314
>high school
>whole group of friends can now drive
>we all work at the same place too
>go on little adventures here and there
>would occasionally go to Red Lobster
>all sitting in our booth, eating and being retards
>we had just come from a video arcade and one buddy who we'll call Ed (that's his real name) is playing with a bunch of quarters on the table
>waitress comes by to check on us, sees all the quarters on the table
>she freezes and stares at them
>her face gets real serious
>she begins to angrily lecture us about how little money she makes and how important tips are
>she starts to walk away but then turns back, takes our basket of biscuits away and goes back to the kitchen
>we all look at Ed
>force him to cover the tip and then buy us more biscuits for takeout

good times.
>>
>>20413219
>>20413135
>>20412314
>>20412364

Isn't shrimp cheap? I thought Mexican fishermen were regularly overfishing the little bastards? Surely that wouldnt be the primary factor of their Chap 11?
>>
>>20413333
should have asked for the manager and demanded the whole meal be comped.
>>
>>20413333
Based, Ed...I think? Anyway, if that waitress had been hot, she could have been making a killing at Hooters
>>
>>20413338
shrimp are very cheap but the people who value "unlimited" menu items are even more cheap. drink water and share plates and its a loss.
>>
>>20413351
I'd imagine the whole 'endless shrimp' promotion of as designed as a loss leader though. Surely most of their fat asses would have at least bought a coke or some crab cakes to go with their shrimp?
>>
File: waitress.webm (1.96 MB, 1280x720)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB WEBM
>>20413333
lmao
>>
>>20412372
In the midwest where we didn't have any blacks until the town became 50% somalians over the last 10 years somehow, red lobster was still popular it was just mobile home court residents who went there instead.
>>
>>20413330
I cleaned it and stored it in a plastic container. I didn't notice any smells the several years I held on to it
>>
>>20412458
My college roommates dad was a Darden exec. We had a stack of gift cards that still had the red lobster logo on them and no expiry so we'd go rip them off every once in a while when we got tired of shitty steaks at longhorn.
>>
>>20413361
Nah they made the offer way too generous and there's a big variety of stuff you can order.
>>
>>20413361
in 2024 we game every system we can.
>>
File: 346346346.jpg (176 KB, 1200x1600)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>20412314
For some reason we had these at home
>>
>>20412372
We call it black lobster in NY.
>>
>>20413020
Nice anon. Hope Mom is doing better now.
>>
>>20412314
Never really went there growing up cause I grew up in LI and there's so much fresh seafood everywhere that Red Lobster was redundant. I'm not sure why they opened up in coastal areas. It seems they'd be better off in areas that don't have access to bodies if saltwater.
>>
>>20413351
this. attracting penny pinchers is a huge fucking mistake. you have to reward loyal customers with discounts not broke cows
>>
>>20412314
Me in the golden armor.
>>
Have you ever had a great meal at red lobster?
>>
>>20414579
No I have never been to that restaurant.
>>
>>20414594
why not?
>>
>>20412458
>>
chili's was always better anyway
>>
>>20414621
chillis isnt even better than Applebees
>>
my mother took me there for my birthday a few years ago and it was very nice I had some beer and a lobster spaghetti, very pleasing to me, but the bill was $100! Oh well, I wasn't paying, hahaha.
>>
>The restaurant is considering filing for Chapter 11 on the advice of law firm King & Spalding, which would allow the chain to stay open while dealing with its debt and help reevaluate long-term contracts and leases.
>The chain recently added Jonathan Tibus as its new CEO. Tibus has worked with other restaurant chains to restructure their businesses through the Chapter 11 process, including Kona Grill, which filed for bankruptcy in 2019, and the fast foot chain Krystal, which filed for Chapter 11 protection in 2020.
It's Chapter 11, not Chapter 7. They're not going out of business but since Chapter 11 does allow for breaking of leases, they'll probably use it as an opportunity to close some under-performing locations without having to pay a penalty for breaking the lease.
>>
>>20412314
Why the Endless Shrimp was so bad?
>>
>>20412333
Are you 60s?
>>
>>20416243
It probably wasn't. Likely, some crooked higher up wants to downsize to illicitly pad his pockets, so they came up with this Endless Shrimp story for the press.
>>
>>20413897
Cool
>>
I don't think I've ever ordered anything other than the endless shrimp deal. I hope my gluttony has personally affected their business.
>>
>>20416246
no, 100s, you turbo nigger
>>
>>20412314
Smells like urine or something weird to me and I never go
>>
>>20412458
Nah, Red Lobster should have ran their business better.
>>
>>20413536
hope that bitch got fired on the spot
>>
>>20412314
My town never had one so my only vague memory is going to one when I was maybe 8 or something.
>>
File: 1445039943892.jpg (19 KB, 400x388)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>open borders and citizenship paths for illegals
>mass media and economic control
>wars in the middle east
I sleep.
>Red Lobster Is Considering Bankruptcy Partly Due to $11 Million Loss from Endless Shrimp Deal: Report
Now you Jews have gone too fucking far.
>>
>>20412314
Why not just stop offering endless shrimp. People will bitch, but I dunno is it worth 11 billion dollars?
>>
>>20417682
>wishing ill on another person
I hope you go to sleep and don't wake up
>>
>>20417751
Same but wishing that on your parents.
>>
>>20417767
same but wishing that on your pets
>>
File: Roark.png (73 KB, 976x847)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
Red Lobster was purchased by a seafood conglomerate in Thailand a few years ago. They probably thought they could somehow take over the US seafood dining market through vertical integration. Instead their purchase went bankrupt and now they're looking to sell the chain.
My bet is that Roark Capital will buy Red Lobster. That the chain is using King & Spalding to handle its bankrupcy is interesting since Roark Capital's offices are located in the King & Spalding headquarters in Atlanta while Red Lobster is headquartered in Orlando.
>>
>>20412432
Based biscuit buccaneer.
>>
>>20412346
Blacks go there because they think it's a fancy restaurant.
>>
>>20414595
I'm allergic to cocoa butter.
>>
>>20417935
im sorry for u anon :(
>>
>>20412364
>if I use a buzzphrase my favourite breadtuber said I will sound smarter
>>
i cant remember a single time ive gone.
bob chins for the win.
>>
>>20414620
>deliberately abuse the little remaining good will/gratuity businesses still give
>"wtf why are corporashuns getting scummier and more profit-obsessed???!!!"
>>
>>20413634
>somehow
It's because of that Somali congresswoman, she passed a bunch of laws in her district (Minnesota I think) that basically gave special subsidies and welfare exclusively to Somalian immigrants, so they flooded in en masse.

Remember when it got found out she defrauded the immigration system by marrying her brother to get a green card, yet somehow she was not only not deported but actually kept her position in congress? I remember
>>
>>20412314
>Partly Due to $11 Million Loss from Endless Shrimp Deal
Sounds like a case of competency crisis and inevitable self destruction anyways.
>>
>>20412516
Weird, I also used to be obsessed with the lobsters in the tanks. I also found them sad and had an impulse to free them.
>>
>>20412343
>>20417866
>>20412372
>>20414096
You guys are embarrassingly stupid. Get out more.
>>
>>20412314
My sister's friend worked there in high school. I had such a huge crush on her that I followed her like a puppy and she just let me hang out. Most of my memories at the place revolve around her. I learned some real life lessons at that place.

>her manager is older and seems cool
>he likes to dole out wisdom to keep me from being a Red Lobster manager at 28
>one day just sitting with my sister's friend as she reapplies her goth makeup at the rear sink's mirror
>her manager is out front
>mention some nugget of wisdom he gave about respecting the choices of women with grace so I don't seem needy and pathetic with my first girlfriend
>she laughs
>tells me about how he ambushes her in the back and harasses her
>he knows she needs the job and no one else in town is hiring
>a week later I see him boxing her in against the pile of trash at the rear of the building, grabbing her hips and telling her to take her top off
>she just stares off into space until he leaves
>feel truly impotent for the first time because I was too much of a coward to do anything
>he gets arrested a year later after hiring a 13 year old prostitute
>only serves 6 months and comes back to live with his mother
>some of the dads run him out of town

She runs a dispensary now and married my cousin. I've made it my mission to collect all the pictures of her during her goth and emo phases to show to their kids.
>>
>>20420976
That guy sounds like he probably posts on 4chan to this very day. Typical r9k 30+ poster
>>
>>20420976
Post here.
>>
The mid-tier family megachain restaurant will fully die off with the boomers
It’s no longer cheap enough to justify since it’s all reheated Cisco Foodservice anyway
For slightly more effort you can make it at home
For slightly more money you can go to a place that serves actual food
>>
>>20420264
>defrauded
you don't know what that word means
>>
>>20420247
It was the endless shrimp that did them in, not the biscuits, those cost like .4 cents to make
>>
My last memory of Red Lobster was going there with my friend in 2011 for Endless Shrimp, getting an obviously annoyed waiter that we were there for that, and then them bringing out single small dishes of shrimp out one at a time no faster than one every 15 min to try to slow down our shrimp consumption. Never went back.
>>
>>20416243
This is probably just coping due to general mismanagement
>>
Imagine marketing bugs as food.
>>
>>20412314
Was on my weight loss journey and went to a dinner where my uncle joined us. He accused me of becoming anorexic or some shit. About 9 months after that he died of liver disease due to Hepatitis C.
>>
>>20423887
>getting an obviously annoyed waiter that we were there for that, and then them bringing out single small dishes of shrimp out one at a time no faster than one every 15 min to try to slow down our shrimp consumption.

This is the norm at any all you can eat restaurant bullshit deal. Just go to a buffet at busy hours and the food will be fresh and hot, no hassles.
>>
>>20420918
t. Colored Person
>>
File: iacceptyourconcession.png (145 KB, 1069x857)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>20417777 (nice quads btw)
>>20417767
/ck/ - Food & Cooking
>>
>>20412314
My parents driving right the fuck past it and going to Olive Garden instead.
>>
>>20420918
No, I do not want to associate with niggers at Red Lobster. You may be desperate to be around us white folk to the point of begging us to go out more, but we do not want to be around you nigger.
>>
>>20413536
Thank you for posting this video. Always gives me a belly laugh.
>flings the pasta off his arm

>>20417718
Because of some legalese they couldn’t just stop it. They should have said “while supplies last” but because they didn’t, even if a restaurant was completely out of shrimp if someone came in for the all you can eat shrimp then they’d have to give them an “IOU” for a later date. This had to continue through the length of the promotion.
>>
>>20412333
>keep the shell afterwards
What the fuck?
>>
Looking back on it, I think the biscuits were the best thing available at Red Lobster.
Long Dong Silvers made better fish.
>>
>>20426375
it was cleaned and washed out, dingus
>>
>>20413536
What went wrong
>>
>>20427425
the question isn't what, by why. the answer is always the same: jews
>>
>>20427492
*but
>>
>>20413333
only a bad waiter complains about tips. the good ones get tipped
>>
>>20413536
>baldfags BTFO
>>
>>20413333
Why would you tip her at all at that point?
>>
>>20420918
t. retarded individual who spits upon statistics for no discernable reason
>>
>>20428914
we were kids and lacked social maturity.
>>
>>20413703
Do you torture cats for fun
>>
>>20413132
Where the fuck do you live that it's a 2 drink limit?
>>
>>20413228
>>20413231
Keep your autistic ass together dude.
>>
>>20412314
it became annoying a couple of decades ago. The biscuits were why anyone went there, plus the specials. But, if you want to be surrounded by screaming kids, families who have a table for 8 and loud conversations, then this is your place. Floridians will be looking for a water view and actual snapper, grouper and fresh food, however, and won't frequent their closest location. They gladly spend another $5-15/plate to get a good experience.
>>
The buns and the treasure chest
>>
>>20412314
Never went, but I used to always beg my parents for us to go since to my poor ass thought Red Lobster was fancy as fuck.
Now that I'm older, I realize it's just a seafood chain so nothing special. Still feel obligated to go once to finally fulfill that childhood wish.
>>
>>20413333
>>she begins to angrily lecture us about how little money she makes and how important tips are
Checked.
Terrible waitress though. She deserved nothing for throwing a bitch fit like that.
>>
When I go to Red Lobster, I always leave a tip for the waitress: "Get a better job"
>>
Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I would swear I read an article in a financial mag about Red Lobster being some weird propped up company. Hadn't run in the black for decades.
>>
>>20431341
"Never pet a burning dog."
>>
>>20420918
Niggers are embarrassingly stupid. I grew up in S Louisiana and blacks would keep Red Lobster in business, along with a small minority of equally retarded whites. They had access to some of the freshest shrimp and other seafood in the world but could only go for the slop bucket. Yes I am aware some small percentage of blacks resemble humans, doesn’t change anything.
>>
File: 1691372523242536.jpg (1.33 MB, 2778x1228)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>20412314
Honestly don't think I have ever been to Red Lobster. We were a McGrath's Fish House family growing up
>>
>>20412346
>Do they not let whites in or is this a new policy?

I've only been to Red Lobster twice and remember it being tasty but this was years back and since then, it's become known as a "Black restaurant" so if you want to try t out, you should look for one way outside urban areas.
>>
File: skrimps.jpg (36 KB, 600x450)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>20416243
>Why the Endless Shrimp was so bad?
>>
>>20432464
i'm gonna buttfuck you faggot
>>
>>20413536
>waitress.webm (1.96 MB, 1280x720)

This has always been a fear of mine in restaurants and so I _always_ keep a close eye on any waitress walking by with a tray of food.
>>
>>20417718
>Why not just stop offering endless shrimp. People will bitch, but I dunno is it worth 11 billion dollars?
>>20426337
>Because of some legalese they couldn’t just stop it.

Nonsense, Red Lobster could have stopped it at any point but they kept doubling-down on their financial stupidity, thinking this loss leader would at some point lead to increased profits, except they ignored who their main clientele is.
>>
File: ladyfedora.jpg (400 KB, 660x663)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>20417832
>Roark Capital
That's the most neckbeardy name for a company I've heard in my life
>>
File: 51244621.jpg (1.75 MB, 3631x2603)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>20420247
>be grateful for the scraps our corporate overlords give us
lmao
>>
>>20420918
I see the lunchtime rowdies are acting up again.
>>
File: waffle_house.webm (2.98 MB, 592x1280)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>20432482
You could always fight back.
>>
>>20413536
what would you do in that situation?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.