[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713296771437548.png (93 KB, 406x468)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
the $30 deep fryer I bought won't turn on and I lost the receipt
>>
>>20427311
Have you tried plugging it in?
>>
>>20427311
What seems to be the problem here anon?
You can either take it back and speak to a manager for an exchange,(sometimes this works,) buy another one, then, using the receipt from that one return the faulty one, ~OR~ try to troubleshoot the reason the one you have now doesn't work.
Often it's operator error. Did you read the manual? Do you have basic tools to see if perhaps the switch can be fixed?
Why don't youy take a picture of it,(or at the very least list out the make and model--perhaps we can help.
>>
>>20427311 [11]
Today is the beginning of your small appliance repair journey.
>>
>>20427311
Sometimes the company will help you even if you don't have proof of purchase or warranty.
>>
>>20427324
Based KISS principle applier
>>
File: Untitled.png (303 KB, 1085x707)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>20427324
yes
>>20427329
it was this piece of trash, just does not turn on
>>
File: Bing2.gif (286 KB, 166x200)
286 KB
286 KB GIF
>>20427331
I like the way you've been checkin' those digits, anon... Subtle...Classy.
>>
>>20427335
https://youtu.be/SLpwX4uS7lA
>>
>>20427341
that's a different one, mine doesn't have a reset button of any kind.
>>
>>20427347
Yeah, I saw that.
Point was this doesn't seem to be rare for this brand.
Did you buy it on Amazon or at a store?
(Don't doxxy nao)
>>
>>20427311
its fucking over
>>
>>20427352
i bought it at the store while grocery shopping
if i bought it on amazon i would've read the reviews and not got it since apparently it doesn't even get hot when it does work
nobody buy this garbage ever
>>
>>20427347
I'm sure you've already diddled around with the "Magnetic breakaway cord"
I read the whole manual, (Gotta love the 3 pages of "Notes" filler.
If you can't get the cord to seat firmly, I'd seriously just take it back TOMORROW and bypass everyone but the manager and explain the problem.
They should at the very least exchange it without a receipt.
If that is FAIL, then you have the warranty.
Sorry Anon...sucks when you're all set to go for some delicious fries or other fried stuff and your hopes and dreams are dashed against the cold craggy rocks of modern day mediocrity.
Did you already fill it up with oil?
>>
they're making smart deep friers now?
>>
>>20427311
When something like that happens to me I stomp on the offending item while screaming until my ankle is sprained and my throat is too sore to speak for at least a week.
>>
>>20427335
Lmao why wouldn't you just go spend $15 on an old stock pot at the thrift store and $20 on a decent probe thermometer? That's all I've ever used whilst fryin chikins and it just werks.
>>
>>20427486
>When something like that happens to me I stomp on the offending item while screaming until my ankle is sprained and my throat is too sore to speak for at least a week.
Sanest x-files fanfic writer
>>
as an ex cashier wagie, you can bring anything in without a receipt. either you pop in the card you used to pay and it brings up the receipt, or if that doesn't work they'll just refund you the lowest price the item cost in the last 90 or so days which is typically not that much lower if it even is lower.
>>
>>20427311
Good. You eat enough deep fried goyslop, fatty.
>>
>>20427311
grab a screwdriver and open it, check that all the connectors are firmly seated and try again. Sometimes they get knocked loose during shipping.
>>
>>20427311
why not just use a large pot and a candy thermometer?
>>
that's what you get, stupid goy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.