[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

We don't have Raising Cane's in my country but it looks like my type of food. Have you tried it, what is the toast like and is the name a biblical reference?
>>
It's the Zendaya of chicken places: just mid all around with decent publicity.
>>
>>20427633
The bread is to die for the chicken is okay and the fries aren't memorable
>>
>>20427633
Cane was his dog's name.
>>
>>20427640
the fries are fine eaten at the restraunt but taking it home makes them inedible
>>
They do chicken tendies and that's their singular focus. Toast is good, fries are okay, the sauce is nice but a bit sweet, the chicken is perfect. Popeyes is more hit or miss with the chicken (and has been more miss for me for the past 10 years), while raisin canes are always incredibly tender. Toast is good.

Its neck and neck with chick fil a for me, the price for the box (4 piece, fries, toast, cole slaw, sauce, you can substitute any of the non chicken for something of the non chicken) is around the price of a 12 piece chick-fil-a and large fries. I feel like canes has a bit more chicken for that price, but chick fil a fries are better.

tl;dr it's one of the best two fast food fried chicken options (unless you have some local hole in the wall joint that is better)
>>
>>20427633
it's not good. no, it's not a biblical reference. it's fine if you're on the way home and want some shitty chicken and shitty fries. but you probably don't because the lines tend to be long and they typically work slow.
>>
>>20427640
>>20427646

What makes the bread so good?
>>
>>20427675
I don't know man it's just really tasty. I think maybe it's the garlic that they use I don't know.
>>
>>20427677
So does it have garlic butter and does it have a smokey flavour? Do they bake it themselves in the store?
>>
>>20427686
yes, no and no
>>
>>20427633
It's nasty as fuck... take literally any other chicken place's tendies and fries and stick them on a roof in the sun for 8 hours before eating so they're 'warmish' and entirely dried out. Poof, you've discovered canes.
>>
>>20427633
It's good, but I prefer Zaxby's. Not by much though
>>
>>20427633
The chicken gets btfo by just about any local pizza joint and the fries are always limp.
It's all in the sauce.
>>
File: o (40).jpg (125 KB, 750x1000)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>20427633
They opened one up near me at Astor Place in NYC. I tried it. The chicken was bland and the fries were frozen. Their much-vaunted "signature sauce" tasted more like salt than anything else. About the only thing that had flavor was the curry sauce that I'd luckily brought with me.

Curry sauce, kids. Never leave home without it.
>>
File: cs.jpg (57 KB, 600x634)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>20427941
For reference.
>>
>>20427932
>It's all in the sauce.
ketchup and mayo?
>>
>>20427633
It's really not that good.

It just got hyped by some American rappers.
Literally everything is mediocre.
And the special sauce is totally forgettable.
Even the bread some guy in this thread is talking about, its just fucking garlic bread. It's even a strong garlic bread, its just mediocre garlic bread.

Just got absurdly hyped by some American rappers.
Note McDonalds immediately starting making "rappy meals" after this phenomenon, with various "urban" artists.
>>
Cole slaw is the best part and they give you a thimble of it. Fries are hit or miss chicken is a bit one note-y buttery salty but better than Popeyes as good as chikfila, bread is good always and the dipping sauce is 2nd best part to the coleslaw. You can get Arnold Palmer there which is always a plus.
>>
>>20427640
spbp

its really weird how they made fried chicken soggy
>>
>>20427985
>better than Popeyes
you're insane
>>
>>20427990
Popeyes tenders are trash and the sides suck and are small never once had tenders from there that weren’t dried out or fries that weren’t soggy.
>>
>>20427999
>getting tenders from Popeyes
????
Are you a woman/child?
>>
>>20427999
i cant defend the sides youre right
they have progressively gotten smaller and worse

but popeyes has SUCH better chicken
you think theyre fucking battering them onsite in the back of cane's?
that shit comes out of a bag
>>
>>20427640
The cooking in general is not very Abel.
>>
>>20427941
fast food in NYC isn't the same. Chipotle goes from a 6/10 to a 3/10 once you enter Manhattan
>>
>>20428034
fast food is standardized, but even a nyc discrepancy can't make up for raising cane's inherent suckage
>>
>>20427633
Chicken itself is nothing insane, like 5/10
I find their breading usually pretty good at least the ones around me. I don't have much of the soggy problem.
The toast is good but I usually forego it because I am not paying for toast damnit.
Fries are definitely mediocre but when properly salted and done they can be decent.
For me, it's the sauce. The sauce completely transforms the chicken and you can dunk any of the 3 above in it and get the same experience. Super good sauce.
>>
>>20427633
You sent me down a rabbit hole, anon. It turns out the name IS a biblical reference.

Cain was a son of Adam, the first man. He murdered one of his brothers and was cast out of the garden of Eden.

The expression "raising Cain" means bringing Cain back from the dead, or more metaphorically stirring up a lot of trouble. These days it's usually a good-natured expression describing trouble that's fundamentally harmless.

"Raising Cane" is obviously a play on "raising Cain," so yes, indirectly it is a bible thing.
>>
File: o (43).jpg (89 KB, 1000x750)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>20427990
yeah at popeye's you can make a little sandwich like this, with gravy and potatoes and such. can't do that at cane's
>>
>>20427965
>>20427943
Go hard at that place, go for the mustard. Mix it with the ketchup and mayo. Just don't tell the mom or wife/girlfriend, don't forget the rye.
>>
>>20427941
All fast food fries are frozen.
That's the secret to good fries, you fry them partially, then freeze them, then fry them again. The freezing process breaks up the starches of the potatoes and basically mashes them from the inside, resulting in a fluffy interior and a crispy outside.
>>
I can't help but wonder if this restaurant was created by someone that rests comfortably on the spectrum.
The only meat on the menu is tendies?
>>
>>20428080
It has to be a dream to operate, because chicken tenders come vacuum-packed in 40lb boxes that keep for 2 weeks or more after the packing date
Bone-in chicken is so much more of a pain to deal with it's unbelievable
>>
>>20427990
Popeyes is crunchy hard overcooked trash
>>
>>20428138
maybe go to one in a white neighborhood?
i dunno
>>
>>20427633
it's dogshit meme food. you're better off getting tendies at a mcdonalds or burger king
>>
>>20428026
Kek, you dumbass
>>
>>20428079
I've never made my own french fries but I'm guessing that frying them from frozen also helps cook the outside to crispness without getting all the way into the fry and turning it unpleasantly crunchy.
>>
>>20427941
>>20427943
hard for me to take an opinion seriously from someone who carries a bottle of sauce around with them
>>
>>20427633
A buddy soyed out about cane's and convinced me to go and i laughed in his face when i realized there were three items on the menu.
>>
File: 4TenderCombo_Cup-1.jpg (24 KB, 277x277)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>20427633
It's really bland compared to Golden Chick or Chicken Express tenders.
>>
>>20428034
>tfw used to go to the chipotle at union square after school in like 2010
Chipotle sucks so much ass now man, imagine paying $15 for fucking rice and beans
>>
>>20427633
they opened one up by me in brooklyn in a very russian/turkish/caucasus/jew neighborhood and it's always filled with black people from other neighborhoods before they get on the bus
>>
It's really decent, solid 6-7 all around, but never higher than that ever. It's good enough that you're never annoyed with it being bland, but it is pretty plain. They force the kids working there to act nice like at In N Out or Chickfila. You can fuck with your order and ask them to replace the coleslaw with extra fries or extra toast or replace the toast and fries with extra coleslaw or whatever, and you can ask them to butter both sides of the toast.
>>
Euro here who had it. It’s just toast, fries and fried chicken. Nothing magical about it, just looks novel.
>>
It's solid, my issue is just that you can find a better version of the same thing at any number of local places (at least if you live in the glorious flyover empire).
>>
>>20427978
The hype was real... 10 fucking years ago.
Just like any chain that makes it big, they cut corners literally everywhere, and now it's a bad product for 2-3x the price.
>>
>>20428003
We’re talking about a place that serves only tendies, it doesn’t make sense to compare canes tenders to Popeyes chicken pieces
>>
>>20427635
what a fucking vile comparison, vile in that our culture could have produced a nasty little fucking faggot capable of saying this shit.
>>
>>20427633
>>20427635
Accurate comparison. I've always described it as water park food that's pleasantly and surprisingly decent. Their chicken, fries, sauce, and slaw are all shit. The only acceptable things at Cane's is that little slice of toast and the sweet tea. Fuck raising canes.
>>
Wiggers love it in my area
>>
>>20427633
Cain's is a chicken joint for white people. The chicken and fries are cooked perfectly, but contain 0 seasoning. This is so the white american customer can add flavor by way of the 1 fl oz ration of sauce given out with every combo. Anything other than that would be wasted. since white people are afraid of eating food with flavor.
>>
>>20427941
T.
>>
Im more of a fan of “grape abel’s
>>
>>20429078
I actually can't deny that, even at its peak, Canes was the black twitter meme of whypeepo don be spicin they food. However, they used to actually fucking cook it. Everything was crispy and delicious just by itself. Modern Canes is a soggy mess that just leaves you feeling like you wasted your time and money. Their sauce, no matter how good, isn't saving that shit. It was supposed to be a bonus that the sauce was good, not the entire reason you went there.
>>
>>20427633
Cains is great for kids. Its plain whitemeat chicken, no seasoning, with unseasoned breading, that doesnt stick well. The sauce appears flavorful but tastes like generic buttermilk dressing stock with a dash of seasoning, very bland. The fries are usually too mushy and, plain. Cole slaw is decent if you are into that. Fried bread is just confusing but can be used to make one sandwich sorta with coleslaw and a tender. The tenders are shrinkflated fingers. Its somehow super slow if there are anymore than 3 cars in line, considering its just fries and tenders at this place. Lemonaid is ok. Its over priced. They BLAST you with horrific pop music at the drive thru for no reason. Its where i go if another place has too long of a line and there is no one in line at canes. I think an airfryer and freezer tenders/fries would mog this place. I think this is just that fast food advertisement bot that runs on /ck/ 24/7
>>
>>20427941
New Yorker go 5 minutes without mentioning he lives in New York challenge
>>
>>20429003
>Accurate comparison. I've always described it as water park food that's pleasantly and surprisingly decent.
Then it isn't an accurate comparison, you fucking dolt. Wtf is satisfying about ANYTHING Zendaya has ever done?
>>
>>20427640
Most accurate description I've seen of Canes.
Not sure how they can get get bread to taste that good yet fuck up the chicken so badly. The sauce is the only thing that saves it.
It's like they came up with the sauce first then just made some lazy chicken fingers and said "yeah that'll be fine. No one will notice how bad the chicken is underneath this amazing sauce"
>>
i have like 5-6 around me
They used to have dope tenders
but now they taste like tenders from a poorer school lunch.
The fries have 0 seasoning and are garbage
the sauce and bread are the only good things.
Everything else is whack and over priced
>>
>>20427640
Nigga it's literally texas toast butter and a touch of garlic. Is this really the right board for you to be posting in?
>>
>>20430374
It would taste twice as good if they just fried it for 2 more minutes but somehow this hasn't occurred to them.
>>
>>20427640
Pretty much this.
This chicken is shockingly mediocre.
Like, the place has only 3 items on its entire fucking menu, why is your buttered toast better than the only food you actually cook?
>>
>>20431586
What gets me is the "sandwich" just has three loose tenders on it, not a patty. They essentially just put one of their items on top of another and sold it alongside the third item. You could order a standard meal and have it inadvertently turn into their "sandwich meal" on the drive home.
>>
>>20431600
You'd have to order a second bread.
>>
>>20431610
Which everyone already does, so.
>>
>get a raising cane at raising cane's
>banned 4 life and sex offender charge
???
>>
>>20427633
99% of what makes it so great is the sauce. Learn to make the sauce and you've upped your tendie game tenfold. Otherwise, it's just some nice, juicy chicken with some classic southern bbq sides. Can't go wrong with that
>>
>>20427635
Fully agree with the 'mid all around'. It isn't bad, but it isn't really good either.

Are there any chain chicken places this isn't true of anymore? KFC has always been overpriced, but it didn't used to be overpriced garbage. Even the Popeyes around here have better chicken.
>>
It's pleb flyover food.
>>
>>20428929
Now that's an insult!
>>
>>20428054
it's literally just the dog's name dude
>>
>>20430347
Raising Cane's opening a location in NYC is culturally relevant despite your insecurity
>>
>>20428004
I worked at Canes in 2007 and we would brine the chicken in store and then bread it right before frying. Bread was bought in and fried in a bunch of butter solution on a flattop and the fries were frozen and shit. It blew my mind that it exploded in popularity, it was always pretty crappy food with excellent service.
>>
>>20429078
Popeyes was created and run for decades for and by Whites.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.