[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pasta water.jpg (106 KB, 1500x1000)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Apparently, it's alright to drink pasta water. I like efficiency, and I boil tap water every day to drink, so I've been drinking pasta water. It's fine, right?
I heard you can cook pasta with pasta water, and it makes it starchier, is that true?
Isn't boiling boiled water bad?
>>
File: 1253.jpg (11 KB, 259x194)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
bro we're cookering here
>>
>>20428101
I guess you'd drink sea water too.
>>
>>20428101
i thought i was the only psycho enjoying it.

never tried it before because my mother would always drain it down the sink. now im addicted to this shit. dont forget to salt it
>>
>>20428101
throw some vodka and lime in there and thank me later
>>
>>20428141
no, it's caca
actually I did, when I was in this coastal city
absolute shit water
>>20428143
I don't necessarily enjoy it yet, (it's not bad, though, kinda like soup) I just drink it because it's more efficient than boiling water, discarding water, and boiling it again
it's the same water, you know
and possibly even more hydrating, I don't know, maybe it has more electrolytes or whatever, maybe even vitamins and shit
but the salt... doesn't the salt make it less hydrating?
I don't know, but I've been drinking pasta water
>>
>>20428101
1. Why are you boiling your tap water? Are there microorganisms in it that you are worried about?
2. Boiling water concentrates things that are dissolved in the water. Drinking boiled water means you are getting more of whatever is dissolved in the water
>>
>>20428264
salt IS an electrolyte, getting too little salt is actually dehydrating. sea water is unsafe to drink because the concentration is way too high. it's probably fine to drink pasta water as long as it's not extremely salty. that said, idk why you're boiling your water to drink. you'd be better off getting a brita pitcher or some other type of filtration if it tastes off.
>>
>>20428271
>>20428278
>Why are you boiling your tap water?
I actually never really thought about it. Is it weird?
Everyone does in my country, it's the second world. They claim it's safe to drink, but people boil the water just to be safe. It's kind of a ritual I guess, but also a precaution. No one trusts the government, and it doesn't give a shit about people. You just assume that everything is shit, and it probably is.
Basically, our parents and grandparents tell us to boil water, so we just do it. Mama told me it helps get rid of the chlorine. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, I'll have to do some research.
Do filters even help? I heard that Brita's filters are bullshit. It tastes fine, boiled or not. I used to drink water without boiling, but I've been boiling it for the past couple years.
>>
File: mahk.jpg (26 KB, 846x437)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>20428101
>I boil tap water every day to drink
>>
>>20428312
what, nigga
not exactly vomit-worthy, no? it's just water
>>
You probably are getting more than enough salt anyway
>>
i
>>
>>20428101
Instead of soy milk, you did pasta milk.
>>
>>20428278
>sea water is too salty
that's how salty your pasta water should be. your pasta must be plain af
>>
>>20428101
Ever since I started making cheese I've been boiling pasta in the leftover whey. So fucking tasty.
>>
>>20428101
This is interesting. Does OP enjoy pretending to be a retard, or is OP an actual fucking retard?
>>
>>20429737
What? Bro, I'm just drinking pasta water
Try it, it's not bad, it's like soup
>>
>>20428317
desu same. I have been drinking water only out of the kettle thats already been boiled. Although, the lid is on so idk if that's allowing the chlorine and whatever to escape properly. And supposedly different areas may or may not put flouride and other chemicals in their water. I need to actually look into it but yeah basically i have no idea what the fuck is in the water but boiling it isnt going to do any harm
>>
>>20431831
lmao based cautious but not autistic anon
>>
>>20431831
Boiling is going to concentrate the additives. You want to boil it, catch the steam, condense the steam, then leave it in an uncovered pot for a day to release the fumes. Then you'll have to add a little bit of salt in case you've made the water too soft for safe consumption.
>>
>>20431876
<3

>>20431895
can i just use my meth lab, or do i have to use a new setup for the water? (jokes aside supposedly you can leave your water out in the open for a day and the chlorine apparently evaporates)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.