[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anyone else here get sick after eating food with tocopherols in it?
>>
>>20431769
>Dude they're just chemicals, I bet you're scared of dihydrogen monoxide
>*gets colon cancer*
>>
>>20431769
No, never. Have you?
>>
>>20431775
The issue is your inability to articulate the issue precisely
You should say "this contains [SPECIFIC THING THAT IS BAD] and that is bad for this reason", instead of "it's got chemicals" like a retard
>>
>>20431769
>tocopherols
Apparently they're found in eggs and leafy vegetables, so I'd say you're overreacting.
>>
>>20431769
explain why they're bad without using any 4chan buzzwords
>>
>>20431769
its literally vitamin E you retard, might as well drop most foods because almost everything has it
>>
explain abt this. Because my mom has a whole bunch of allergies and sensitivities, and i think i got a lot of that genetically. Sucralose gives me really bad headaches, so protein powders and a lot of things I have to avoid unless I want to give myself a headache. It goes away if i take tylenol. Also, caffiene, or at least tea and coffee gives me headaches too a lot of the time. Stevia is okay so i just use that and i only drink coffee or tea now when i feel like it, and not first thing in the morning.
>>
>>20431843
I think you're full of shit and you're just prone to headaches for no reason.
>>
>>20431785
Yes.
>>
>>20431786
>>20431819
it's possible to know that something is probably bad for you without knowing exactly why
>>
>>20431932
>it's possible to know that something is probably bad for you without knowing exactly why
yeah...if your IQ is 80 and below
>>
>>20431786
>"invent" new thing
>really chemical waste
>throws it in your food
>approved because your megaconglomorate c-suite is the director and auditor of the FDA and EPA like musical chairs
>dumb prole like you: "uhh you should know how every type of chemical waste affects the body as they're rolled out by men who hate you and want you dead"
We're not playing high school debate club, we're at war
>>
>>20431769
what is this rice krispies?
breakfast cereal is fucking nasty
>>
>>20431940
>vitamin E is a new thing
You are the dumbest nigger of life.
>>
>>20431945
Those are made by Kelloggs. This is probably Rice Chex.
>>
>>20431769
The lab produced synthetic mixed tocopherols from china they were adding as preservative to dog and cat foods were killing them off in droves for a while back in 2018-2020.
If they are naturally derived, they shouldn't be a problem at all--but I have a hard time trusting large food conglomerates to favor healthier over profit margins.
>>20431820
This is shitty and simple minded reasoning.
There are at least 6 different variations of naturally occurring tocopherols, and just as many synthetic isomers that have highly destructive/poisonous qualities, and that's IF the final product is actually CLEAN and PURE,(do you suppose it is?)
>Naturally sourced d-α-tocopherol can be extracted and purified from seed oils, or γ-tocopherol can be extracted, purified, and methylated to create d-alpha-tocopherol. In contrast to α-tocopherol extracted from plants, which also is called d-α-tocopherol, industrial synthesis creates dl-α-tocopherol. "It is synthesized from a mixture of toluene and 2,3,5-trimethyl-hydroquinone that reacts with isophytol to all-rac-α-tocopherol, using iron in the presence of hydrogen chloride gas as a catalyst. The reaction mixture obtained is filtered and extracted with aqueous caustic soda. Toluene is removed by evaporation and the residue (all rac-α-tocopherol) is purified by vacuum distillation." Specification for the ingredient is >97% pure. This synthetic dl-α-tocopherol has approximately 50% of the potency of d-α-tocopherol. Manufacturers of dietary supplements and fortified foods for humans or domesticated animals convert the phenol form of the vitamin to an ester using either acetic acid or succinic acid because the esters are more chemically stable, providing for a longer shelf-life. The ester forms are de-esterified in the gut and absorbed as free α-tocopherol.
**Note how this is dependent on having a healthy gut flora, a thing most people who eat a diet with highly processed foods, or soaked in artificial sweeteners DO NOT HAVE.
>>
>>20431940
Breddy mush
>>20431951
>synthesized food preservatives and additives are all benign and chinese lab created isomers of natural food components discovered in 1922 are just the same as the naturally derived ones...
Oh the Ironing!
Fucking retread.
>>
>>20431775
>family has genetic history of colon cancer
>>
>>20432037
tobacco companies used to claim that people with lung cancer were predisposed to smoke
>>
>>20431855
mmmmm.... no anon. If i use a protein powder with sucralose, i get a headache. I tried those prime energy drinks a bit ago and got a headache. They take like over 3 days to go away if i dont take anything for it. Sometimes I get headaches from dehydration or from not moving enough, or if i sleep too much i can get a headache as well. Its usually more of a neckache or in the back of my head, usually on my right side from my temple to the back of my neck.
One time when i was younger and i was working at burger king, I decided I should get used to the taste of coffee. So I tried some coffee, but i added an artificial sweetener so it wouldnt be as bitter. I immediately got a HORRIBLE headache. It came on so fast. I dont remember, but I think it went away super fast as well. but yeah anon, dont be fucking retarded, its quite common to have reactions to the absurb chemicals mankind has created
>>
>>20432135
psychosomatic, like the people who insist they're allergic to MSG.
>>
>>20431932
Have you ever noticed that it always rains when the streets are wet? I think wet streets cause rain.
>>
>>20432210
thats kind of bullshit considering i wasnt expecting the first time i got a headache.... I'm not here to be medically gaslit lmao
>>
>>20431945
>kelloggs
those ingredients probably sterilize you
>>
>>20432762
I mean, aspartame is known to cause headaches and cognitive effects, to memory mainly, high cellular apoptosis if big words make you feel funny.
>sciencedirect [DOT]
>com
>/science/article/pii/S2221169115002555
>>
>>20432802
Source: trust me bro
yeah im definitely having schizophrenic delusions from sugar or coffee, definitely not simply an intolerance or reaction
retard lmao
>>
>>20431998
Interesting, so that chiral carbon on the oxane ring is the culprit?
>>
>>20431940
>men who hate you and want you dead
they want your money, retard
you are not living in an epic video game or comic book; reality's true terror is a mundane one
>>
>>20431932
No. No. You can't "know that something is probably bad for you"; you can GUESS that something is PROBABLY bad for you. "know" and "probably" are incompatible words.
>>
>>20433312
I know you're probably very autistic.
>>
>>20433312
I just know when something ain’t right. Around my neck of the woods we call that bullshit detecting. If you gotta problem with that we can take it outside alright Gary?
>>
>>20431843
What toothpaste do you use? I was having some heartburn and digestive issues that seem to have gone away once I switched to a natural non-whitening toothpaste (still has fluoride)
>>
Lately I've become very suspicious of anything with "vitamins" added. All I know is my guts are a lot happier when I avoid those foods. And anything oil-soluble like vitamin E is especially sus since those are the ones that tend to build up to toxic levels in the body. I really hate that all milk in my country has vitamin A and D forced in by law. It's the only artificial food I haven't been able to eliminate from my diet.
>>
>>20433343
ha, funny you ask that. i use colgate plain anticavity toothpaste. Literally the most basic shit. Everything else (kids toothpaste is kind of alright) causes my teeth to hurt. Heck, one is hurting right now. Ive got gum recession, so the areas without enamel are exposed, and if i dont brush strictly twice a day, i start to get tooth pain. Its a lot worse with sugar, and even my tongue gets sensitive with acids.

I think what triggered it is I tried mewing for like a week and my gums fucking disappeared at lightning speed. I did have gum recession on one tooth when i wa a kid though. Iffy, but i stopped flossing too. I'm slightly afraid of cavities, but apparently the flossing brings your gums down too. so no mewing for me, which sucks. I'm unemployed right now, but i really want dental extremely bad so i can get this shit fixed. theoretically, I could mew, and then fix the gums after, but I wouldnt be able to stand the gum pain.

anyway sorry for the blogpost but fuck, tooth nerve pain is an extremely overlooked pain thats actually horrific. sentitivity toothpaste just makes it worse. Last time i used it, it hurt my teeth so bad i had to immediately spit it out. At least people with chronic back pain or something could potentially do like, fuckin yoga. But teeth? nah. I've looked up some new agey solutions, because dentistry is a (((business))) after all, but yeah id pay the shills to get it fixed
>>
>>20433308
No, they want to rule over us. The money is just how they do it.
>>
>>20432135
There's a lot of information about how disruptions in your digestive system can lead to headaches. Sucralose causes issues with your gut flora for some people. I have issues with it too.
>>
Just dont eat the slop?
>>
>>20431769
>tocopherol
Vitamin Fucking E?
>>
>>20432037
>genetic
It's not genetic. It's your/their shit diet and unhealthy habits (drinking, smoking, etc.)
>>
>>20433597
Look into nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste.
>>
>>20431769
no, and neither do you.
>>
>>20431769
Some people have a gene mutation that makes them intolerant to tocopherol. If you want to supplement vitamin E you should take tocotrienols, which are another form of vitamin E.
>>
>>20431769
Great. Is this the next thing? The new sequel to soy, seed oils, red40, gluten, and other things pseuds think are super dangerous gigacovid extinction level bioagents because some (politically slanted, of course) influencer said it was bad?
>>
>>20431932
You can at best guess. Epigenetic instinct can make you figure out that bright, hot thing called "fire" is something you probably shouldn't stick your body in, but that is not the same as "me no get big word on list, me scared".
>>
File: ANGTFT.gif (1.06 MB, 497x280)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB GIF
>>20432962
May very well be.
It's well known that chirality can cause dramatic issues, But if i were truly pressed omn the issue, I'd have to go with the fundamental mis-understanding most people seem to have that this kind of lab synthesis is somehow "Magically clean" and adjuncts, and residuals don't come into play.
Just from looking into the studies that serve as "Proof" that these for profit chemicals are "SAFE" or "GRAS"(Generally recognized as safe,) you'll notice that often the "Studies" are often only a rehashing of previous data, and almost without fail, they only last a month or two; conveniently cut off when you'd expect long term effect to begin to present.
Trusting a Chinese lab's purity standards is dubious at best, but often times the misdirection from real issues with these additives,(residuals from AG Chems and even the solvents and catalysts used in manufacture,) are presented as a sort of pre-emptive "Straw-man" in order to steer the comprehension away from them.
This may or may not be intentional, but we already know for a fact that millions of dollars are on the line in both research and sales, as well as the fact that the cumulative effects on the consumers of these "Products",DOES in fact lead to the opening of an entirely new, highly profitable market involved in TREATING the long term aftereffects, often tied to the parent companies who produce BOTH the "Poison" and the "Antidote"
If one looks deeply into company's histories, product lines, product recalls and the studies NOT funded by them OR funded by groups with an agenda,(very hard, I know,) you can in fact get a better idea of "Just how bad things really are"
You really can't do that by a simple search on the web these days--too much has been scrubbed and sanitized.
You'll have to dig a little deeper and actually scour through multiple layers of e-deceit.
Unfortunately, most people can't be bothered if the run into the least bit of resistance.
>Pic related
>>
>>20431913
Huh. Sounds like a (You) problem. Maybe you should avoid those.
>>
>>20431820
It could be any of the E vitomers. They don't even have to say which one.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.