[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kizka.jpg (116 KB, 1500x1125)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>Go to polish deli/bakery I like (Chicago place)
>They have lots of different fish, traditional polish shit, pastries, imports and the like
>Usually open minded about food, have liked most of the stuff I tried so far (Rum ball, herring filets, weird cheeses, etc)
>Get curious about blood sausage (Kizka) because "oh hey, it's like that one healing item from that game I like"
>Get home, cut it
>Looks gross
>Smells gross
>Maybe it's good?
>For 5 seconds, try my hardest to find something good to say about it, the taste, the texture, anything at all, best I can think is "might go good with mustard" before I can no longer deny it and run to the garbage can to spit out the first bite, dry heaving as I do so
>This 1.5 pound of shit cost me 7 good bucks I could have spent on polish cake instead

Is there anything I can do with this meat turd? Why is it so horrible? I cannot say I have ever eaten anything so foul in my entire life. I've eaten food that is literally spoiled that tastes better. How can they eat this?
>>
>>20432781
It can be made tasty, but it's still a sign of a people that failed to even superficially civilize (and yes, that includes England/Ireland). Bin it, and consider it a $7 lesson learned.
>>
Durian milkshake.
It's way too pungent, can't do it.
>>
The one time I had blood sausage was in Ireland at a breakfast pub.
I thought it was pretty good, I'd probably do it again.
>>
why is blood sausage popular in anglo countries when it's taboo in christianity?
>>
>>20432796
Yeah, never getting that again. I suppose not every curiosity gets a pleasant answer.
>it's still a sign of a people that failed to even superficially civilize
How so? Not that I'm offended or anything, just curious as to what you mean.
>>20432800
There was this weird fruit from southeast asia that showed up at my local supermarket that was pretty bad. I never had Durian but that one may be close. It was like this weird pepper-looking thing but it was full of bitter, stryrofoam like flesh. Not one ounce of good flavor to it. No wonder it was only 99 cents. Durian any good on it's own?
>>20432803
Yeah, I've read that the polish version and ones from the UK, France, and Ireland differ. Wouldn't know by how much.
>>
Ethiopian food. It’s rotten bread and super oily pastes of meat or vegetables.
>>
Balut (boiled fertilized duck egg) in the Philippines courtesy of my now wife’s family, but it felt pretty chad to grind a baby duck with my teeth and it become a part of me
>>
>>20432781
Have you tried duck blood soup? It's pretty disgusting
>>
Middle eastern food. It’s literally Greek food the Arabs colonizers stole and renamed.
>>
>>20432837
Nah, can't say I have. I don't think I'm going to be eating anything with "blood" as the main feature for some time. How would you describe it?
>>20432840
Fair enough. I've had other sausages from there before, that's why I was so ready to give it a go, you know? I liked that one with a smokier flavor, I wish Polish was a less gnome-like language so I could remember what it was called.
>>20432851
I haven't had too much, but I think once you get past the kind of soapy underlying flavor, it can be enjoyable. I did notice that once I looked at a greek restaurant's menu, I was like "hey, wait a minute, I've seen these leaf wrap things before!" Wasn't my favorite but a far cry from the unpalatable horror that is the Kiska.
>>
>>20432781
>How can they eat this?
Fried then boiled with cabbage, onion, bay, sauerkraut, marjoram, sometimes mint, other sausages, eaten with rye bread and good butter, steamed, peeled potatoes with butter and pepper
>>
>>20432851
Then what is Turkish food?
>>
>>20432824
>Durian any good on it's own?
Haven't tried it, but I figure if covering it in milk and sugar didn't do it for me, then chances are I won't like it plain.
>>
>>20432781
pig's blood. i've tried to eat it when it comes in bun bo hue but i can't get over the texture and taste
>>
The Irish version is by far the best.
>>
>>20432864
stolen greek food that abuses armenian food and doesn't ackwowledge it lol
>>
I've had blood soup at a Vietnamese (?) place but I had some pho with tripe and tendon in it, and the tendon was just absolutely fucking disgusting and miserable, to the point I don't think I'm ever going to try it again. The tripe sucked too, but I've had it another time or two and I can handle it. But the tendon just was like Flex Seal in lime water.
>>
>>20432822
There are basically no food taboos in christianity.
>>
>>20433203
the new testament says to not eat blood in Acts 15:20
>>
>>20433270
Well no wonder it says not to, it tastes like shit. Thank you, Jesus, I should have listened.
>>
>>20432800
>It's way too pungent, can't do it.
Meanwhile i have to endure sitting besides randos eating durian on the city bus every day as i go to work in my SEA country.
>>
Literal dog shit
I let my dog pour it into my mouth like a soft serve ice cream machine
>>
>>20433203
typical protestant.
>>
>>20433358
No fucking way, you're a liar. Were you drunk or something? Did it not think something was weird?
>>
>>20432781
>be militant vegan
>try blood sausage
>complain about it on /ck/
Why, anon?
>>
>>20433384
>Militant Vegan
Where did you get that impression? Are you confusing me with someone else?
>try blood sausage
Because I'm a retard
>complain about it on /ck/
Idk, thought it would make a neat thread.
>>
>>20432781
Did you cook it?
>>
>>20432781
> Kizka
It's called "kaszanka" here in Poland
>Is there anything I can do with this meat turd?
You take the filling out, fry some onions on a pan, add the filling to the onions and fry the mix together for 2-3 minutes
>>
>>20432781
youre supposed to cook it retard XDDDD
Its delicious. Roast it in a high oven for 20 minutes until the skin is nice and crispy.
>>
fry it with some onions or grill it, it's good that way
>>
>>20432781
You know you're meant to cook it first right?
>>
File: bait detector.jpg (19 KB, 279x181)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>20432781
kek. nice one
>>
>>20433358
Ok Divine
>>20432857
Irish and English blood sausage is fried until crispy and is delicious. The OP pic does not look good but it also doesn't seem like you cooked it at all, which is probably wrong.
>>
>>20432822
Because those foods were a thing before Christianity came around. Just like there are pagan remnants in their beliefs. The original culture was never and will never be fully exorcised; people like what works and what tastes good to them.
>>
>>20432781
black pudding (which from picrel I'm pretty sure what you're referring to) varies drastically in quality.

You want it to be crunchy on the outside and *slightly* mushy on the inside.
>>
>>20432824
>>20432803
British/Irish black pudding has a higher suet and cereal content and tends to be fried until crisp on the outside without being dry. The concept of eating it cold would be odd and pretty disgusting to most people even though it is technically already cooked. I don't know if the polish sausage is supposed to be eaten hot also but that might explain your problem.
>>
There's a Mexican blood sausage I get to fry up sometimes that's tasty, we don't really have polish people here, but everyone telling you it has to be cooked first is correct.
>>
>>20433393
>>20434026
I didn't know, most sausages I had there never needed me to cook them first. (Unless outright pink) It isn't exactly a common food in America, you can't really blame me for not knowing. I may give it a second chance, I do have just a bit of onion in the fridge. I don't think that thing can be good cooked either though.
>>
>>20432781
I think the worst flavor I have ever experienced in a food is cilantro because I have the gene. In terms of non-mutation-related flavors, I think the winner goes to a bowl of beef pho I had one time. I was with this Vietnamese girl I was dating who ordered for us; she got me "the special." It had like eyeballs in it and stuff. The broth had this deeply bitter note to it that I just couldn't stomach. I ate like four bites of just the noodles and gave up. She laughed at me and called me a white boy.
>>
>retard unironically eats blood sausage raw
>complays about it on cu/ck/
kys
>>
>>20433372
I think I was drunk that night.
Only thing I remember is falling underneath
>>
>>20432781
>>20432796
>>20432824
oh look, more browns filtered by savory white man dishes
>>
>>20433987
You eat it hot, and in terms of serving think of it being eaten more like haggis. It's served "loose". Tastes more like haggis than black pudding too, it's less sweet. I tried slicing it up like black pudding, but it couldn't keep its consistency properly and stay in slices.
I find myself in the mood for some now, though.
>>
>>20432781
>the worst things you have ever eaten
toss up between caviar and liver.
>>
>>20434714
Oh hush, you liked talking about it and you know it.
>Kys
No, it was an honest mistake.
>>20434744
I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm a blonde haired blue eyed polack-kraut offspring, I even have a stalhelm from great grandaddy and a few reichsmarks.
>>20433987
>>20434748
Yeah, good thing I didn't make the thread about the sausage itself technically, it DOES still qualify as the worst thing I have ever eaten, the thread was never about whether or not I did it right. Will try it out hot when the family isn't around. I don't know how that's gonna smell.
>>
>>20433391
>thought it would make a neat thread
you misspelled troll
>>
>>20432781
Did you seriously eat this raw ?
Like came home, took out a knife and started slicing coins ?
Oh man you fucked up big time, hope you didn't get sick at least.
>>
>>20434892
Yeah, I tried, I didn't make it very far, I only got one bite in and couldn't go through with it. I thought it would be fine like the other sausages I got from there. I think I ate maybe a speck of it but I felt mostly okay. Hope I don't got tapeworms now.
>>
>>20432781
Mayo jelly sandwich.
>>
>>20432781
>>20432225
The tripe soup, it taste like shit (sorry).
>>
>>20434776
Doesn't seem like a troll thread to me.
Blood sausage is a pretty regional dish, especially on an American website. Not hard to think someone might not know how to prepare it.
>>
>>20432781
I love kiszka but its definitely an acquired taste. I like to steam or simmer it, then remove the casing and spread it on rye toast and eat it with pickles and strong mustard. I find that Cajun style boudin is a similar food that's much more accessible to most people, especially from a texture standpoint.
I'd say your best bet to enjoying it might be to take it out of the casing, fry it up in some bacon grease or some other flavorful fat, and have it with toast and eggs.
>>
>>20432861
i'm gonna nut
>>
>>20434748
Ah right that makes sense.
>>
Recently at a potluck, friend brought these flour tortillia rolls filled with mild salsa and cream cheese. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying them, but they tasted absolutely revolting to me.
>>
Okay, I did it.
Got to fry it with bacon grease and onions, I don't know anons I didn't hate it, but I think I'd still put it on par with Sardines. I'm sure with the right stuff it can be good but as it is for my current capability to improve it I just don't think it's for me. It went from outright disgusting to just kind of bland. I still didn't really like eating it. It did smell nice enough while cooking though, like an old polish restaurant.
>>
>>20432781
now try flaki
>>
A toss up between some boudin I got from a sketchy place in Mississippi and a pork chop from Cracker Barrel (also Mississippi iirc.)

I think they didn't clean the casing of the boudin well enough or didn't soak it or something because it tasted like literal hog shit. Couldn't do it. As for the chop I think it was boar tainted because it tasted and smelled SO strongly of how a pig pen smells. I haven't had another like it since then.
>>
>>20433270
Christ declared all foods clean, what Paul is warning about there is in the context of avoiding things pagans do and blood was a major part of those pagan rituals
but its not strictly prohibited
>>
>>20432781
I notice you didn't mention cooking it at any point.
>>
>>20432781
I've never heard of anyone eating cold blood sausage before.
>>
>>20433849
What’s wrong with eating dog shit?
It tasted horrible at first but surprisingly has a good taste later on
>>
>>20435550
Is it bad?
>>20435750
>>20435735
I tried it cooked today, see >>20435512.
Very catfood like in appearance when fried. I think I should leave it to the professionals, maybe some day I will try it for cheap at some restaurant and see how they do it. If even that can't get me to like it I think I'm going to have to give it a 2 or 3 out of 10 at best.
>>20435692
Damn, did they even cook that thing? It sounds like they just lobbed it off the pig and threw it on your plate.
>>
>>20435770

The crazy thing is that it was overcooked to the point of dryness. It was just musty as fuck.

As for your blood sausage maybe try it with some type of pickled vegetable? Pickled onions might go really well with it.
>>
>>20432781
i dont like it either but if you fry it in a pan so y ouget some crispy bits its tasty
>>
>buy food
>prepare it improperly or not at all
>complain about the taste
fucking retard
>>
>>20432781
aren't you meant to cook it?
>>
>>20437489
Yeah
>>20437480
This thread has been extremely illuminating as to just how many people don't actually read through the thread before posting. To be fair it still tasted pretty unpleasant even after cooking, I think if a food takes such a vast effort before being even close to edible then it is probably generally speaking not a good food. Or maybe the one I got just sucked, I don't know.
>>
>>20437511
>don't actually read through the thread before posting
well yeah because my immediate, visceral reaction upon reading your post was "did this fucking retard just eat raw blood sausage and complain about the taste" and though I am a civilized man, my primordial lizard brain was so disgusted and astounded in equal measures that I couldn't help but post
>>
>>20437519
Fair enough. I admit it was a stupid mistake but once again I had no issues eating the other sausages straight away and figured it was already cooked. I just didn't know.
>>
>>20437534
it's all good, every day's a learning experience

also not sure about the variety of stuff they have at your deli but a few things I'd recommend:
kabanos
kielbasa odessa (can be eaten as-is but I'd recommend lightly frying it first for a bit of crisp and to bring out the flavour more)
polish bacon

and this is more eastern europe/western asia, but there's a type of vacuum-packed smoked and dried beef that you can buy that is delicious, just slice it nice and thin like you would with biltong (pic rel)
>>
>>20432781
>nuds and garamel get stuck in teeth
>will turn to liguid shids in glove compartment in summer
>hard and dense as a neudron star out of fridge
fucking sniggers :DDDDDDDD
>>
>>20437511
>I think if a food takes such a vast effort before being even close to edible
so meat, potatoes, rice, cakes are bad because you need to cook them?
I don't need to read any more to know wyou're absolutely fucking retarded
>>
>>20437569
It varies, they switch things out every day. Once I had this thing called a Napolianke and I swear I absolutely cannot find any reference to it online anywhere.
Those sound pretty interesting, thank you for the suggestions. I'll keep those in mind, I'm pretty sure I at least saw the Kielbasa there. That beef stuff looks good.
>>20437586
That's cool, I'm glad you feel that way anon, it means I can disregard your opinion without feeling bad about it. I can see all of those being made into something that tastes good, they're common ingredients for a reason. Blood sausage is niche in America and as far as I can tell even cooked it's not something I can enjoy, the way it tastes indicates to me that the effort-to-tastiness ratio is far below being worth the squeeze. If you want to decide that means
>food isn't good if it isn't good raw
Then that's on you.
>>
>>20432800
Tastelet. If you cannot appreciate the king of fruits, you don't belong here.
I eat and enjoy asparagus and my funny smelling pee afterwards
I eat and enjoy brussel sprouts in all forms
I chomp on horse radish fresh like a donkey
Wasabi? Grind that shit in front of me and shovel it down my throat waiter!
Cilantro has flavor. If it tastes like soap, you're simply genetically deficient
Also if a little bit of blood sausage makes you queasy, then you are queer
>>
>>20437609
sure it wasn't napolitanke?
>>
>>20437628
Not him, but I really like horseradish and wasabi, actually.
>>20437645
That might have been the name, but it wasn't those little cookies, it was like this weird cube dessert, it was like this strange pink cream with such a specific texture to it. It's really hard to describe. Like kind of a tasty strawberry styrofoam cube? I can't compare it to anything but it was good.
>>
>>20432781
Hate to say this, but EEuro/slavic food is awful.

Thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCqZQUhBBHw
>>
>>20432924
looks like fudge
>>
>>20432837
NTA but yes I have in Bangkok and it was delicious. It was a spicy duck blood-based soup with noodles, chunk of duck and duck liver that I got in one of those cloistered markets you find in the alleys of the city.
>>
>>20432822

What the fuck are you talking about? Here in Switzerland you can find blood sausages in every supermarket
>>
>>20437609
>>20437657
napoleonka?
>>
File: Andouillettes.jpg (90 KB, 600x750)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Stopped outside of Fontainbleu for breakfast. I was horribly hungover and ordered andouillettes, not knowing what they were other than a type of sausage. It both smelled and tasted like pig shit coming out of a pig's asshole. I try to be an adventurous eater, but I could only finish one before tapping out.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (35 KB, 600x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>20438358
Sounds offal!
>>
>>20438321
That's the one! Sorry, I went to do stuff, checking the thread again before sleep.
Thank you anon, the bakery must have mispelled it or something. It had an E at the end instead of an A. I want to get more of that stuff, very odd but nice dessert.
>>20438358
What the hell even is that? Looks like a sausage filled with the stuff you dig out of the strainer in your sink drain.
>>20438375
Ha!
>>
>>20439631
looks like a sausage casing filled with more sausage casings (intestine)
>>
>>20432781
was feeling adventurous at a Chinese restaurant and ordered steamed pigs feet. the texture was like extra thick jello, there were spiny little hairs on them and they smelled like a petting zoo. It was the most horrific thing I've eaten besides your moms pussy
>>
>>20438305
I don't think of Switzerland as an Anglo country. Should I?
>>
>>20432796
>but it's still a sign of a people that failed to even superficially civilize
This. My grandfather told me stories of how they would hold the bowl to collect the blood and would lick their fingers whilst they did it.
>>
File: schweinshaxe.jpg (26 KB, 474x297)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>20440004
The next time you want pigs feet, go German.
>>
File: Bigos.jpg (295 KB, 1588x1159)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>20438194
Nah, this is a minority item. The Polish butchers here, they don't even need to advertise, the smell from outside the shop is enough to make you go inside and order a few kilos of kielbasa. Also great places for preserved fish products, mustard, pickles... the bread you usually find is not "great" but on average is better than what Americans eat... oh, and if they have a deli, you can sometimes get homestyle pierogis... if you have not tasted homestyle pierogi fried with onions by a fat woman with 5 pounds of makeup smoking a cigarette, then you have not eaten pierogi. Also the Bigos stew is fantastisch

The only bad experience we had (and I have told this story before), is that our friend Stupid Pavel went to buy sausages from Polish market... and Pavel is Polish.... but somehow he bought these "fresh" sausages cased in PLASTIC, and he ended up COOKING THEM in the PLASTIC, and SERVED THEM in the PLASTIC, and nobody realized till we sliced them and started eating and then collectively vomited as we spat out slices of PLASTIC. (PLASTIC.) Wtf Pavel (classic Pavel though)
>>
>>20435757
The fact that you asked that question at all means that I don't really think I can convince you otherwise. Enjoy.
>>
>>20438375
CARLOS
>>
>>20432829
once me and my friend bought balut to try but didn't realize they hadnt already been boiled so we quick threw it on a hot pan to try and salvage the experience. it was alright, it was okay
>>
>>20434744
>white man dishes
I am literally cardboard color and people made blood sausage in my third world country, is poor people food
>>
Toss up between lutefisk and eel. As in I tossed up both. Not a seafood consoomer, it tastes of death.
>>
>>20440656
Opposite for me, I love seafood, I try every kind of marine life I can get my hands on. Actually they had eel once at the bakery/deli, I'll probably need a good recipe for it beforehad. I mean the whole eel, like vacuum sealed in a long pouch thing. It was weird.
>>20440277
I am convinced the food culture in eastern asia is literally just
>Anything and everything all the time any way no matter what
I will never eat a baby. Veal maybe, but not a whole ass fetus.
>>
>>20432800
>Durian milkshake.
i riked it. milk gives me shats though. should have mixed it with oat or almond milk. wasted biz idea.
>>
>>20432824
>No wonder it was only 99 cents. Durian any good on it's own?

??? they never cost 99 cents in my SEA monkery. unless it was a very good harvest and they couldn't sell it all.
>>
>>20440656
I came into the thread thinking I would have none but yeah, I agree on lutefisk, I dont see the point of it at all now that its not necessary for food conservation and it just tastes of lye
>>
File: bitter-melon.jpg (137 KB, 1600x1429)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>20432824
>There was this weird fruit from southeast asia that showed up at my local supermarket that was pretty bad. I never had Durian but that one may be close. It was like this weird pepper-looking thing but it was full of bitter, stryrofoam like flesh. Not one ounce of good flavor to it. No wonder it was only 99 cents.
Sounds like bitter melon. I had a bitter melon beef, once, and it was the worst thing I've ever eaten. Nothing had flavor beyond being bitter. Even the beef was just chewy, flavorless bitter.
>>
>>20432822
Not a fan of black pudding personally, but there is absolutely nothing in the Bible against consuming the blood of a slaughtered animal.
>>
>>20433270
"b...but you're taking it out of c..context!"
~Angry fake christians when you prove them wrong with their own book.
>>
>>20432822
You really think a bunch of loonies who think they'll be forgiven no matter what they do, once they close their eyes and forgive themselves (a never-ending loop) cares about rules?
>>
>>20433812
Yuropoor here, you can cook it but you should't have to - should taste fine thinly sliced on rye bread with mustard, maybe add a pickle.
>>
>>20432822
Passage? I'm am not aware of anything like that in scripture. At least, not in the New Testament.
>>
>>20433270
It says not the eat the blood of strangled animals. Furthermore, Laviticus says the prescribed method of killing animals is exsaguination.
>>20442817
Answered my own question. Need to remember to read my bible and the thread.
>>
>>20432781
You will never make it taste good. Throw it out into nature and pretend you wasted the $7 on something good.
>>
>>20440004
I prefer pickled pig's feet but that's because they're degloved and steamed first.
>>
>>20432781
Aunt invited me out to dinner which was strange because she had always been a tightwad, orders off the kid menu and shit. So anyways it's the first time she ever buys me a meal and I get a spicy burger at the chain restaurant (so you know it's just mildly spicy). But man it tasted like they dumped the jar of spice on my meat. It wasn't spicy, it was just irritating and tough to swallow. I had crippling social anxiety at the time so I sure as hell wasn't going to complain or send it back. Now I grew a pair and I complain if something is wrong. It was at a national chain restaurant like Friday's lol.
>>
>>20432822
The problem is that you are stupid and do not understand any of those three things.
>>
>>20432781
Polish food and food variants are garbage anyways because of their "quality".
Just eat the original German ones and you are fine. Say no to slavshit.
>>
>>20442315
>Saturday night incelposting strikes again
>>
File: file.png (1.12 MB, 1000x1000)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>20432781
The most disgusting Polish dish I have ever tried was Śledzie w śmietanie or herring in cream. I couldn't swallow a single bite.
>>
>>20432781
Wtf are those white parts jeez
>>
Blood sausage is yummy. We have it with lingonberries.
>>
>>20444034
>herring in cream
I can't imagine how that could taste bad (but, tbf, I love herring)

>>20444043
fat and jpg artifacts
>>
>>20444085
>jpg artifacts
what do they taste like?
>>
>>20444057
>Actually have lingonberry jelly from a gift
Wish I knew about that before I hurled it into the trash can.
>>
>>20438358
this is AI fuck you
>>
>>20444057
Looks like a gnarled turd.
>>
>>20438358
>>
>>20432822
>Goofus eats pig's blood sausages
>Gallant drinks the real blood of Christ
Uh huh
>>
File: 1714367535806.jpg (155 KB, 1382x2000)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>20441066
If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.
>>
>>20432781
that shit is basically blood jello
>>
>>20438375
kekked
>>
>>20432781
Cut it into thick slices and fry in a pan. Eat with mustard, onion rings and fried potatoes.
>>
>>20442279
The other proved it by directly citing the book, you just want to shit on Christians.
>>
>>20444034
really? stuff is pretty good, though you have to like pickcled herring
>>
>>20440277
that picture alone makes me want to never eat eggs again
>>
File: 1702224063319639.gif (3.7 MB, 360x202)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB GIF
>menudo
horrible texture
>microwaved leftover potato dumplings
slimey, playdough flavor. sticks in your throat
>steel reserve beer
the worst aftertaste and headache
>honey bunches of oats
halfway through the bowl i noticed the maggots
>>
>>20432781
I had tinned kiskha to try it since I like blood sausage. It was okay though there was certainly this weird texture thing where it left a residue that coated my mouth. I had a bottle of HP sauce in my fridge and that really elevated the stuff.
>>
>>20433145
You misspelled 'Scottish', you absolute fucking fanny
>>
>>20444057
vittuku ois kilo tapolaa
>>
>>20435770
>Is it bad?
flaczki?
its tripe. and probably one of the worst ways to prepare tripe at that
its honestly fucking disgusting.
>>
>>20432781
pussy and ass
>>
>>20432924
it's not amazing, but if this is the worst thing youve eaten that you havent eaten much.
>>
>>20432924
PUSSY
Also like habanero sauce or anything spicier than a jalapeño.
>>
>>20433787
I grew up eating this but never thought to fry. I'm gonna try this. My dad used to just microwave it.
>>
>>20432781
i think the worst thing i have ever "eaten" was chickens feet. theres literally just bones in it, theres nothing TO eat.
>>
File: s-l1600.png (1.26 MB, 1200x1200)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
quite genuinely the only "food" i have put in my mouth that i was not able to swallow
>>
Eel chunks.
I have no clue how you're supposed to cook these bastards.

I bought them cause I like eel, but the damn things still had the bones in them and everything. And they weren't small bones either, I was biting into full on vertebrae.
>>
1. Cincinnati chili first and only time, nearly threw up
2. Went to Indiana buffet restaurant (I like plenty of Indian dishes); got something I thought was maybe large meatball-like, took a bite, it was all mushy and it was eggplant; gross gross gross
>>
>>20448313
once I got over the fact that they have the taste and texture of mud wrapped in wet paper they were actually pretty good
>>
Ah, polish kiszka. Looks like a shit, and tastes even better.
>>
>>20448313
>>20448323
Have any of you fine gentoomen ever enjoyed lung? My business associate who married a lass from the deepest oriental realm informed me that "lung" was the only thing he could not eat, even on dare from the tribals. (And the fact that he did not specify the animal was especially ominous.)
>>
>>20435692
You don't eat the casing of boudin my guy
>>
>>20432781
Have you considered that maybe they left it out too long? I've had blood sausage before and it was pretty inoffensive.

If you really hate it, find a dog and give it a treat.
>>
>>20432837
I ate a lot of coagulated duck blood in hot&sour soup; the brownish slabs (which are similar in texture to tofu) that some places put in the soup are that.
>>
>>20448629
He ate it raw
>>
File: impossible.jpg (126 KB, 744x593)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>20432781
Impossible sausage.
I tried chopping it up and throwing it in jambalaya I could, but its taste still stood out.
I've thrown out food when moldy or whatever, but that was the first time I threw out food because of its taste.
I only bought it as it was on sale and a coupon made it free.
>>
>>20448747
Your crazy. They're delicious. They've got more of a seared bite than other sausages.
>>
>>20448629
isn't sodium in people food bad for dogs
>>
The kiszka I buy comes fully-cooked and is smoked. Tastes great cold, haven't tried boiling or frying it.
>>
>>20448323
with Chinese shit like this you cut it into chunks before cooking, bone still in, and kind of eat around it at the table then spit the bones on the floor
>>
>>20448851
retardedly increased amounts of sodium in human junk food, yes

but otherwise dogs and other living things with a nervous system and circulatory system need sodium
>>
>>20432781
shout out the deli. i'm looking for a good one. also,
did you cook it??? the way i do it is i get the link of kizka and cook it in a sauce pan with some beer and sauerkraut. and i usually make sandwiches with it on bread with mustard and the sauerkraut.
>>
bump
>>
>>20432781
Did you fry it or ate it cold? Lmao its called kaszanka
>>
Holy shit this is still up?
>>20449138
Racine Bakery, don't stab me if you see me there. They don't always have the same stuff, it rotates. I you like lithuanian rye though they always, always have that.
>>20445679
I like your post anon, I just do.
>>20448747
Wow, even if it was free? Obvious joke but more like impossible to eat I guess.
>>20448323
How do you like eel? They have it sometimes and I want to give it a try.
>>20448493
>tastes even better
??? Implying?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.