[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Been working in the coffee industry for over 10 year. Travelled the world working in the wholesale coffee industry (B2B).

I've worked as a barista (never competed) and also touched on commodity trade (green bean buying) as well as logistics, marketing etc.

I'm having a few beers and am open to any questions you might have about the industry of coffee.

I will answer to the best of my ability.

>pic related, where I was last week
>>
>>20435098
Why does instant coffee taste so much better than high quality coffee?
>>
>>20435098
why does instant coffee taste so much better than the stuff at starbucks?
>>
>>20435103
Taste preference. But it's a different drink. I consider instant a completely separate category of coffee beverages.

That being said, my first ever coffee experience was working night shift in a supermarket as a manager, and I still drink instant some mornings because I like the flavour and want something different.

>>20435108
General Starbucks is what it is. It's the McDonalds of coffee. Their reserve stores in Chicago, Milan etc. are actually pretty good, like those Instagram reels you see where someone takes a cheese burger and makes it gourmet.
>>
>>20435098
what's your boyfriend's name? do you top or bottom?
>>
>>20435098
Was it your father that molested you?
>>
>>20435098
what's the dropoff for how "fresh" beans are after roasting? i remember seeing this graph where it starts off slow, but then quickly drops off and then your beans are effectively stale
>>
>>20435098
Is being a pesophile a prerequisite to become a coffee industry expert?
>>
>>20435098
Do you touch kids often?
>>
I'm trans btw.
>>
>>20435191
I love using coffee to attract minors. Being a pedo in chicongo is actually liberating, lots of poor biggers to take advantage.
>>
>>20435190
It used to be optional, but it's becoming more and more common. Don't wait, diddle kids today become a coffee expert tomorrow!
>>
how are bean quality rated?

What region of the world makes the best average coffee bean?

Do you think you can curb China's tea culture with coffee culture?
>>
>>20435206
The poorest regions mske the best coffee. Slavery adds something special.

The chinks will drink coffee once we spread the rumor it grows your penis.
>>
>>20435098
What made you decide to dedicate yourself to the coffee industry?
>>
>>20435098
>expert
>doesn't say "bean working in the coffee industry for over 10 years"
at least try
>>
>>20435215
I like sucking big fat juicy cocks. A no brainer if you ask me.
>>
>>20435206
He does wholesale (irrelevant), been a barista (irrelevant) and "touched on" green bean buying (irrelevant). You're asking about quality, not quantity. He does quantity.
>>
>>20435216
Excuse me, were you at the expo? No? Then shut the fuck up!
>>
File: dealwithit.jpg (10 KB, 480x360)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
OP here. Not sure why some faggot is trying to hijack this thread but my responses are below...

>>20435184
Rule of thumb is 7 days to degas. Most "quality" roasters say 6 months. Most commercial roasters say 2 years.

>>20435206
>how are bean quality rated?
Currently they use the SCA scoring sheet which rates green bean defects and then scorers them - over 80 means they're "specialty". There is a push now towards the new Coffee Value Assessment, but I'll leave that up to you to decide if you agree.

>What region of the world makes the best average coffee bean?
most people would say panama geisha, and that's pretty true, their coffee is exceptional. However, coffee is very subjective.

>Do you think you can curb China's tea culture with coffee culture?
It's already happening. China is the worlds largest coffee market. for beans. for machines. for everything. Chinese will always drink more tea but by sheer population alone they will be the largest coffee market.

>>20435216
KEK. Fuck you got me... can't believe I didn't think of that...
>>
>>20435222
Sneed
>>
>>20435098
Do coffee machines put gay juice in your cuppa because I have only ever seen fags owning a coffee machine
>>
>>20435249
>I have only ever seen fags
You can become a faggot, don't get too close and maybe spend time somewhere else.
>>
Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, and good day to you, OP. What two (2) halves constitute "half and half"? The assumption is cream and milk, yes, but what strength cream and what strength milk? If I use up half the carton of half and half am I legally required to call it quarter-quarter? Maybe I can just call it cream at that point as the milk half is gone, would you agree OP?
>>
>>20435353
Yes.
>>
>>20435116
>General Starbucks is what it is. It's the McDonalds of coffee. Their reserve stores in Chicago, Milan etc. are actually pretty good, like those Instagram reels you see where someone takes a cheese burger and makes it gourmet
That sounds kinda like the Starbucks in Shanghai. Why are the starbucks in Shanghai better than the ones in the great USA?
>>
>>20435210
>The chinks will drink coffee once we spread the rumor it grows your penis.
Chinese already have Starbucks and Starbucks has lots of competition in China. The spending power of China is huge and now can drink a lot higher quality things than America. Chinese mog the shit out of USA hence why the Chinese consume so much luxury goods compared to the average Americant.
>>
>>20435361
Americans don't knoe better. The perfect golem.
>>
OP, this video is from 6 years ago.
While China has been improving, USA has been declining a lot, what are the implications this has on coffee consumption? Does Starbucks China server better quality than American Starbucks?
https://youtu.be/DCamd289VWc?si=c01bDq3jpUgkGW1I
>>
>>20435364
>Chinese mog the shit out of USA
Who doesn't?
>>
File: are u.jpg (13 KB, 301x167)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
A Starbucks opens every nine hours in China. Since the coffee giant opened its first store in China in 1999, it has launched 6,000 stores around the mainly tea-drinking nation and plans to increase its number of stores to 9,000 by 2025.
While American Starbucks are closing due to "societal issues", Starbucks is doing quite well in China. You American female dogs are getting mogged by China and even Starbucks probably likes to operate in China more than USA.
>>
>>20435379
Do they serve pangolin coffee?
>>
File: BosSXiownusa.jpg (225 KB, 1910x1000)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>20435384
Don't worry about that Timmy. The World's Largest Starbucks is in China. That tells you all you need to know. The world's biggest LV Store is also in Hong Kong. You Americans are finished.
https://youtu.be/Nd8NT649bK4?si=3hxtHTgXScxf05d-
>>
>>20435103
>>20435108
Yes this!
>>
>>20435098
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
>>
>>20435400
Based. Chinks know not to trust a chink company but western ones.
>>
>>20435411
What time of the day are we speaking?
>>
>>20435400
Great market to tap into. I'm sure we can sell even more overpiced shit to the chinese.
>>
>>20435417
yeah, you're not an expert.
>>
what is the most niche way to brew good coffee
>>
>>20435414
No, my good man. The Chinese like Starbucks, because when serving the Chinese, Starbucks only procures the best beans and products. Hence the Chinese know they will be purchasing a satisfying product. Unlike the Starbucks in USA, there are no homeless people and weird colorful flags hanging over the counter. There are no "union strikes" because the Starbuck workers in China are not mentally deficient Americans. "Fast food" is in China from an American is actually good enough to eat.
>>
>>20435423
But i was at an espo!!!
>>
>>20435428
Starbucks is american baby! Yeehaw let's scam china!
>>
>>20435425
Nescafe taster's choice. Because i'm a taster.
>>
>>20435098
Out of the budget brands like Great Value, Barissimo, etc. which would you say has the highest quality? However that would be measured in any case.
>>
>>20435421
Now, that is some very poor attitude. First of all, China and USA from the Chinese perspective, USA is not a rival, it is not a competitor. It is not an enemy it is not an adversary, USA is just an important country to get a long with in peace and friendship and mutual benefit.
>>
>>20435451
Café La Llave. You taste the coffee retard.
>>
>>20435438
What does China and USA compete with? China is the largest manufacturing of automobiles competing with USA? No. China is the largest exporter of EV cars and will lead the whole world in EV production. Is USA a competitor. No. China will be the biggest and most important producer in R&D in semiconductors in no time. Does that mean China competes with USA? No. China will be the leading nation in AI revolution. Is USA a competitor? No. So I think the American government should not overestimate its impact on the global scene and view China as a rival of USA. China is not, China is a fact. China is a megatrend for Americans to cope with and get a long with. Let's make peace rather than agitate the inferiority of the Americans.
>>
>>20435456
Taiwan numba one! China numba two!
>>
>>20435465
We're not in the same league. First you have to become first worlders. And maybe stop producing global pandemics, a bit of hygiene goes a long way.
>>
>>20435098
What makes Azucena Blend from Ortiz Farms in Peru the best coffee in the world?
>>
File: 1682667633063.jpg (66 KB, 460x578)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>the dlssme.fag in this thread.
I legitnfeel I've cornered a /ck/ bot, and they will disappear after this thread.
>>
>>20435471
You're ignorant and stupid and if you still think "we are not the same league." But keep thinking that, I guess, you will never notice how powerful China is until your country is literally the fourth world. You think Brazil knows how powerful China is? Probably not lol.
>>
>>20435471
USA isn't even a first world country anymore. Lol. Watch your mouth. USA can no longer talk shit about China. You're finished.
>>
>>20435509
The whole world noticed how powerful you are in 2020. Don't think any other country managed to fuck up this bad.
>>
>>20435471
To keep this coffee related, look how Starbucks opened the largest one in China. China is leading the world in everything. USA is not even competitor with China anymore lol. USA media just keeps up the "China bogey" but in reality, USA is so behind that the media has nothing else to say but still pretend China is a competitor but China and USA are not even competitors anymore. USA is a joke. Literally. The whole world power is shifting to the east and China and even western leaders know this but they still need to have the "China bogeyman" so westerners have no idea how behind they are.
>>
>>20435520
When China wants to get things done, it does. Look at USA and it's covid response. At least the Chinese people came together while Americans had anti vaxxers and masker and other retards. If anything , Chinese government showed how capable they were. Don't forget, during american lockdowns, you had BLM riots all over the country.
>>
>>20435520
The whole world knows how powerful China is. Go read British and European news. American media likes to act like Americans are still competing with China. Lol. Even Musk's openly admits China is beating USA in everything. LMFAO. Keep kneeling while your country burns. Oh and whats your sister's OF?
>>
>>20435520
>Don't think any other country managed to fuck up this bad.
BLM riots and george floyed riots in 2021 for the entire summer. Lock downs also. Your country literally burned with peaceful protests during covid lockdowns while you were stuck at home and fired or forced to take a jab. LMFAO.
>>
>>20435520
Americans are so poor the government has to send covid checks lol. 70% live paycheck to paycheck. And now cause of that, the american are still suffering from high inflation and many other issues LMFAO.
>>
>>20435527
Please do not lead with virus exports next time.

>>20435534
Next time just dont create a virus, maybe create something useful for humanity for once.

>>20435554
The pandemic was global sweetie.

>>20435558
We just print more money lol. It's literally free.
>>
>>20435520
USA can never pull off what China did lol. You guys still haven't rebuilt the Baltimore bridge. Lolll. China would have rebuilt a collapsed bridge in less than 2 weeks. You guys are done. Lol.
>>
>>20435565
God was angry and literally pissed on china, that's why you get floods lmao.
>>
>>20435564
Is the pandemic real? You cant say it's real just to shit talk China but also say it was fake and a globalist conspiracy. And if it was Chinas fault, even though Americans say even Americans helped create the virus,, then who's fault is it?
>>
>>20435570
God was angry, so you guys get hordes of orcs.
>>
>>20435578
>say it was fake
Take your meds, and i mean real western working ones, not meme needles and piss drinking. You're a moron if you think it was fake.
>>
>>20435098
how do i get into the coffee industry?
did you have to give your ass to anyone to climb the ladder?
any tips for opening up my own small shop?
>>
>>20435581
We are the orcs. Our army grows stronger by the day lol. You people pay thousands to come here, we don't even have to recruit you. I hope you know how to swim.
>>
>>20435584
So it was real? Ok. So this means you also have to believe in gain of function and bill gates and all those Fauci connections too then. So China released the virus knowing the Americans would fuck up that hard and then need mail in voting? So the virus was real, everyone need to stay home, but BLM protests were allowed. Face it, your own biggest bogeyman isn't China. Lol.
>>
>>20435581
God blessed america.
>>
>>20435590
>this means you also have to believe
In america beliefs are personal, you are not obliged to believe the party's narative but i guess it's not something you can grasp.
You are dumber than a nigger lol.
>>
>>20435590
>the lockdowns and vax passports were in my head
>>
>>20435584
If virus fake,none of the responses of any country matter. If real, then stop worry about China. Look at how your country handled it. USA is finished.
>>
>>20435602
Thing is, if virus was real, then USA was involved and that opens a whole can of worms. If fake, then it was just an excuse to fuck over everyone.
>>
>>20435602
If China released a virus, why isn't USA doing anything about it. Right?
>>
>>20435600
Covid was apparently 9 September 11s. So this means USA can't do shit to China lol. You can get around the fact China is a lot more powerful than USA now. Go look at global summits and see how the world really views China. Xi walks around like the boss now and all world leaders react accordingly.
>>
>>20435603
>if

>>20435610
Wuhan wet market is not on US soil. Not sure what conspiracies you invented to cope with the fact that you eat diseased animals and then go on to create pandemics.
H5N1, SARS, Asian flu, H7N9.. Maybe export democracy for chang(e).
>>
>>20435591
So what does China and USA compete with? Nothing anymore. Lol.
>>
>>20435627
Diseased animals. "Americans" are literally grilling rodents in times square.
>>
>>20435630
We both know who has bigger dicks lol.
>>
>>20435638
Are they creating a global pandemic? I thought asians were intelligent, turns out it's just the japs.
>>
>>20435627
So China released it on themselves and somehow Americans fucked themselves. No way even China could predict Americans would fuck itself that hard. LMFAO. Then to china, covid was totally worth it.
>>
>>20435642
It's clear you don't have knowledge about events that happened less than five years ago in your country. Freedom of information must be an alien concept to you let alone freedom of press.
>>
>>20435639
Lol. Your american dicks are worthless. And your guns too. No use of them. Time to remove your dicks, you won't notice it's missing. (You lost the argument the moment you started talking about dicks like a black person saying "I fuck your bitches" after getting btfo)
>>
>>20435643
Keep talking. Lol. You're getting browned and blacked. Can black and brown counties compete with high IQ east Asians? no. Well, USA is now a black/brown country.
>>
>>20435647
I can afford to lose the argument, you lost fsce with the mini pecker. No wonder you kill endangered species in hopes of habing a three incher.
>>
>>20435649
Always was. Who do you think build america? Nigger slaves you dumb insect. It's like your world history grasp is the same as your dick's lmao.
>>
File: 1713737936811659.jpg (143 KB, 742x1024)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>20435643
China has 5000 years history. Your "country" is on its death bed and turning into USA 2.0 which will be a black and brown country. How you gonna talk shit about China when USA is not even USA anymore. Your demographic change is huge. It's almost like Africa or Brazil or Mexico "competing" with China now.
>>
>>20435661
5000 history of irrelevancy lmao. The techbology you use to write in english was not invented in china. The only inventions are viruses.
It's sad actually of you are allowed to think about it.
>>
>>20435650
>>20435657
Ooo you're mad lol. Tell me, can a 50% black/ brown country compete with China? Lol. Be honest. Can a 50% black/ brown country even compete with Korea LMFAO. Or a tiny island like japan. You guys can't even compete with japan or Korean now.
>>
>>20435668
Are you afraid of the nigger because of his pecker? Imagine loosing to a mutt nation, must be history loosers china lol
>>
>>20435667
Funny how I just list oogle stats and now you have to resort to name calling. What's worse, you guys don't even have a southern border any more. There is an active invasion happening in USA and you're here talking smack. You have an open border, war in Ukraine and Iran. And you still think a homegenous China that is leading the world in everything is still your competitor. Lol. Hell, japan and Korea are bigger friendly competitors to china than USA now. Funny how every super power falls the same way yer anons like you fail to grasp that. Unlike great Britain, you guys will leave nothing respectable behind.
>>
File: jrbw1jmtp8s71.png (94 KB, 722x408)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>20435678

Sayonara Nanjing rape baby.
>>
>>20435683
>China is collapsing in 3 weeks.
Video is 20 years ago.
China is 5000 years old.
>>
>>20435683
Mutt baby meme is an American thing. Japan and Chinese and Koreans are still east Asians.
>>
File: 1713998268663443.jpg (59 KB, 700x525)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
This was the line up at the Chicago Specialty Coffee Expo I took. It was the for the Costa Rican coffee beans.
>>
>>20435098
My usual whole bean coffee is Torke, sometimes its great and others its like brewing speedway coffee in my house. why is dat?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.