[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Greetings from /co/! I came to ask if this cookbook is actually worth the money or It's just another fan Gimmick? Like I don't know if it's even possible for the water tribes to eat any vegetables. Not even seaweed can grow in the Arctic.
>>
>>20435331
Give us some recipes. Does it include Iroh's tea?
>>
>>20435335
It includes many types of tea, including actual bubble tea
>>
>>20435341
ChatGPT response
>>
>>20435349
kek
>>
These are all gimmicks. You might get lucky with some decent recipes but it's still a gimmick
>>
>>20435331
Is the air recipe cabbage because it gives you wind
>>
>>20435331
>Like I don't know if it's even possible for the water tribes to eat any vegetables. Not even seaweed can grow in the Arctic.
1) there are a bunch of plants that grow in the warmer seasons in the Arctic, just as they grow in warmer seasons everywhere else. Leeks, for example, grow quite well even in the northernmost parts of Greenland. Even fruits (berries, mostly) grow considerably well in the far north. Black crowberry (or just blackberry if you're from Alaska, but its not the same as the common blackberry) is used a lot in jam-making, for example. It looks like a blueberry and tastes sour af and Samis have the luxury of cloudberries, which are delicious. Many berries are dried for use as tea (and then you can eat the berries after).
2) seaweed grows in the Arctic and is a traditional vegetable for Alaska natives, Greenland natives and several of the native populations of Arctic and subarctic Russia. I wouldn't be surprised if Samis who manage to get near a coast harvest seaweed, too, but idk for sure one way nor the other as I've never liked that up specifically.
>>
>>20435420
>>20435349
>>20435341
>>
>>20435331
Do sandbenders and swamp waterbenders get anything?
>>
>>20435331
My wife got it. Just a bunch of weird chink crap. If you're an Asian food fan you'll like it. I'm not.
>>
>>20435331
How much do you like Avatar? These books are gimmicks, but they can still be fun. There is also a Sonic cookbook, a Minecraft cookbook, a Pokemon cookbook, etc.
>>
Kinda weird to have a cookbook from a world that doesn't really exists.
>>
>>20435945
prove that our world really exists
>>
>>20435946
There's an article in my newsfeed where some "scientist" apparently "proved" that the matrix is real and we are indeed living in it
I didnt read it, of course, because there very idea is entirely retarded, but if you want, I'll scroll through, find it and link it here
>>
Jesus christ...how often do people cook in that show? I thought it was about fighting monsters.
>>
>>20436019
>I thought it was about fighting monsters.
You thought wrong. There are practically no monsters throughout its entire run.
>>
>>20436012
It's only retarded if you can contradict it
>>
>>20436035
there's more than a couple of monsters and spirits
>>
>>20436012
Please do
>>
> It's just another fan Gimmick?
you answered your own question. will it be a good cookbook? probably. will it be authentic to the show? maybe not it’s a childrens cartoooooon i don’t think there was much talk about food in the show other than jap inspiration or chinese. im thinking it will be mostly that
>>
>>20435331
A cookbook from a movie or based on a movie that sucked? Of course it's not worth anything unless for resale value. I got one one from Claudia Christian / Babylon 5 and it's just appreciated in value, but that was just because and I have no reason to resell it. I bought it because I liked it.
>>
File: 1684614714937.png (19 KB, 400x400)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>20435331
As a general rule, these adaptations suck:
Anime adaptation of light novel
Live action adaptation of anime
Live action adaptation of video game
Cookbooks based off of any fictional media
>>
>>20435936
Maybe I should go ask /VP/ about the pokémon cookbook
>>
File: F1M6YNsaUAE00w6.jpg (44 KB, 978x640)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>20435331
>Greetings from /co/!
>>
>>20435936
>These books are gimmicks, but they can still be fun.
This, I got a Mario cookbook as a gift and it's pretty fun to make the recipes that interest you, lots of fun looking stuff in these usually.
>>
File: IMG_4334.jpg (218 KB, 828x564)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
Does it have the recipe for undried dough
>>
Take a hit and walk through the wilderness, roam if you want to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNwC0sp-uA4
>>
>>20436067
Here you go.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientist-says-evidence-live-simulation-130000993.html
And this one popped up after I accidentally tapped the one above because algorithm:
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/physics-paper-suggests-may-living-120811765.html
Which got me wondering if there are other nutsos who believe this shit so I googled it and there are numerous articles spanning years back that I also won't read.
>>
>>20436404
>Replying to bait
>>
I'm guessing it will probably just be a pared-down version of the Eight Grand Traditions of Chinese cuisine

Earth: Guangdong
Fire: Sichuan
Air: Anhui
Water: Fujianese
>>
>>20437671
>Air: Anhui
No.
Anhui isn't vegetarian. Shrimp paste everywhere not to mention that their most celebrated dish is luzhou duck, though I honestly can't tell much of a difference between it, Peking and Cantonese duck preparations.
And isn't frog casserole from Anhui cuisine?
>>
File: bark.jpg (202 KB, 1200x800)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>20437671
Even my dog barks at indian / paki bullshit like that.
>>
>>20435331
I like the Chelsea Monroe books a lot. They're cheap and the ones I have for WoW and Skyrim all have very good intermediate level recipes.
>>
>>20436059
That's retarded, if you can't prove your own point then why should anyone bother disagreeing with you, you stupid scumbag.
>>
>>20435629
Boba fucking sucks I sincerely wonder why millennial women love that shit
>>
>>20437916
Counterpoints: it's not retarded, people should bother disagreeing regardless of whether or not you can prove your own point and anon is not a stupid scumbag.
>>20438056
Counterpoints: boba doesn't suck and you don't wonder at all, sincerely or otherwise, why millennial women love it.
>>
>>20435629
>>20438056
yeah, boba's pretty caca
maybe I got a bad one
tried it twice, it was caca
first one, I don't remember, I was a tiny ass babu
second time was recent
it's literally milk tea with some weird, unpleasant chewy shit in it
I hate milk tea, and dislike tea in general
it's literally fucking oily tea
you know what's not caca, though?
one of these juices with seeds inside, don't remember which seeds, but they're similar, with a gooey coating
>>
>>20436404
based kinodog
*pats head with a loving smile*

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.