[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (101 KB, 449x646)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
If seed oils are so bad then why aren't Japanese people obese? They all use rape(haha rape, like raping a woman, haha)seed. Conveniently this is never addressed by the sussy schizophrenics among us...
>>
>>20461519
Its the over all diet you dingus. Look ALL throughout Asia. They all fry shit but most aren't fatties. It wasn't until western goyslop got moved out east that you started to see fatso's.
>>
>>20461549
grrrrrr..... bark bark!!! bark bark!!!!! grrrrrrrr *mauls a small child* BARK BARK
>>
File: GDKC-k2agAAyGBP.jpg (495 KB, 1365x2048)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
They are on their way
>>
>>20461519
Who said seed oils make you fatter per calorie than other fat sources? The problem with seed oils is that they make you retarded and feminine.
>>
>>20461568
would would would would would
>>
>>20461568
UNF
>>
>>20461576
Checks out
>>
>>20461549
>western
American.
We're westerners in yurp, too, but we don't eat nearly as much hyperprocessed shit as fatmericans do.
>>20461519
Same reason that all the research "proving" that carbs are bad and whole grains are better than everything else is wrong: because it just fucking is.
>carbs are bad
Nips, Italians, Costa Ricans and Andorrans eat carbs all day and are neither fat nor unhealthy (longest living populations on earth).
Countries that natively eat and prefer whole grains don't live nearly as long as countries, like the same ones listed above, which almost exclusively eat refined grains.
This isn't a paradox. It's lazy research trying to pin one outcome to only one single factor.
Also, these countries have very strong cultures of fatshaming rather than fat acceptance. They don't fuck around and call a hamgoblin "big boned" or other such nonsense to spare the blubberbeast's feelings. They call a spade a fucking spade: fat people are fat and nothing else.
>>
>>20461576
>retarded and feminine
oh my god i can't have that happening to me
what food is the highest in seed oils :3 ???
>>
>>20461671
>Costa Ricans and Andorrans
>>
>>20461568
those wedges are cute. they're from target. i have the same pair
>>
>>20461688
are you also a pleasingly chubby Japanese woman
>>
>>20461674
onionsbean oil
>>
>>20461671
>Costa Ricans and Andorrans
What the fuck
Fucking retard
>>
>>20461700
>>20461684
>being this retarded
https://mcaandorra.com/you-wont-believe-the-life-expectancy-in-andorra
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/08/30/costa-ricans-live-longer-than-we-do-whats-the-secret
>>
>>20461707
>being an 8 year old just googling shit in an attempt to make my point
It's ok, we've all done it.
>>
>>20461730
are you saying the information is not correct?
>>
>>20461738
I'm saying you're a retart
>>
>>20461730
>doubling down on retardation
It's not okay. I've never done it. You fucking retard.
>>
>>20461752
I'm going to call you Yeast because it's clear that you're in bread.
>>
File: anime.png (1.09 MB, 897x880)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>20461519
Seed oils is the latest in a endless series of attempts to ignore what everyone already pretty much knows about healthy vs. unhealthy eating.
Just eat a variety of food. Leafy green vegetables are clearly good so have a lot of them. Maybe some nuts like pistachios. Don't be a vegan retard and get some protein in too. Ideally fish, and the kinds with low levels of mercury (sardines, salmon, mackerel, herring) or tuna if you get the mercury tested kind. And round it off with rice for small amounts of fiber and to fill in your calorie needs so you aren't eating too much protein instead. And drink milk if you can, or at least drink some shit like oat milk if you can't.
That's like the most sane and simple to make diet right there. It will cover your nutritional needs and has no real non-schizo risks to it.
Why more people don't just do this instead of latching onto theories about seed oils or carbs being the one secret thing you need to avoid to magically cheat code your health into being good I have no idea.
>>
>>20461756
Ok, go have fun with your Costa Ricans and Andorrans
>>
>>20461770
: )
>>
>>20461691
i'm a 50 year old dude that happens to dress like a woman from time to time
>>
>>20461765
this might be the stupidest post i've read on /ck/ in a decade
>>
>>20462105
>this might be the stupidest post i've read on /ck/ in a decade
>>
>>20461568
FUCK get those eyes away from me
>>
File: 1567754337688.jpg (469 KB, 1920x1076)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>20462319
>>
>>20461519
The Japanese live on fish, rice and vegetables. You try getting fat on a diet like that.
>>
>>20462105
Personally offended here. Were my 56 uncensored Coinslots in the last year too "intellectual" for you? Each one entailed an unappealable 3-day ban. That's a total of 168 days that I had to post Coinslots in Roblox instead.
>>
>>20461519
>why aren't Japanese people obese?
Japanese people literally worship their obese folk
>>
>>20461671
At least americans know what they are eating, europe has fuck all labeling laws
>>
>>20462462
Carrots don't need labels, blubbergolem.
>>
>>20461549
>the over all diet
I don't reckon overalls would be very tasty...
>>
>>20461519
Japan has an obesity rate of about 5% while USA is closer to 50%, but both nations have a diabetes rate around 12%.

Seed oils aren't inherently bad, I think. Copious amounts of highly processed food in general is bad though whether that's seed oil or carbs or anything else.
>>
>>20461568
I'm confused and aroused
>>
>>20462467
They would be if made of pepperoni.
>>
>>20461568
sauce?
>>
>>20462499
soy
>>
>>20462505
what's the source of the soy (female)?
>>
>>20461671
>Countries that natively eat and prefer whole grains don't live nearly as long as countries

How would you even know that? There are no countries that predominately eat whole grains.
>>
>>20462889
Grains pulverised into powder are still whole. Non-whole grains have their components industrially separated so they can be recombined into consistent ratios when sold, or even sold without some components included.
>>
>>20461568
delightfully porky
>>
>>20462462
American system is even more retarded. Like scaling down serving sizes so much that you can round down all numbers to 0%. Laughed my ass off when American thought that mustard had no fat because of that while in fact it has like 7-10% fat.
>>
>>20461576
This checks out because every poster I've seen complaining about seed oils has been extremely retarded and gay.
>>
>>20461765
>magically
hadn't heard that one yet. they think there's some kind of high-fantasy magic going on?
>>
The only blue zone in the US.

https://www.businessinsider.com/blue-zones-loma-linda-vegetarian-diet-community-rest-2023-9
>>
File: dimitrescu.jpg (65 KB, 581x851)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>20462105
It's true. Disbelieve at your own peril. I'm nearing my 40s and switching to a diet of leafy greens, alternating salmon / sardines / mercury tested tuna, some rice, pistachios, oat milk, and blueberries cleared all my inflammatory markers.
Beef by the way spikes them. Meat is kind of a necessary evil.and fish are the least evil kind of meat health-wise. Vegetarians / vegans are probably even less healthy than people eating lots of beef or other kinds of land meat. Chicken might be comparatively less bad but all the literature on it points to fish as your best bet.
I tried the keto meme too at one point for reducing inflammation and it didn't help with that at all. Though I did find my weight was annoyingly difficult to keep up on keto even when hitting what should be enough calories for me. So maybe for fat people keto is still helpful.
Healthwise in general though you can't really beat a leafy greens predominant diet with some fish for protein.
>>
>>20463388
>Beef by the way spikes them.
Have you tried grass fed and finished beef? And especially fresh beef. Maybe it's cause the store bought beef is fed grains which is causing irritation and inflammation, and/or because the meat sits around for a while, it could be the histamines causing inflammation (histamine intolerance). Do cured meats affect you?
>>
>>20463388
Enjoy your plastic fish, anon. It may not inflame you but it will chemically castrate your balls. Our ocean life is poison now.
>>
>>20464021
Neat.
>>
>>20463396
This. Grain-fed beef tastes bad and will give me diarrhea. Grass-fed beef tastes good and doesn't cause that problem.

Animals being fed grain aren't as healthy as they would be on their natural diets. They experience more inflammation and produce less nutritious products.
>>
>>20461568
Breed
>>
>>20461519
Have you seen the portion sizes in Japan?
Not eating like a pig is the secret
>>
>>20461519
Typical nip diet:
>steamed rice (no seed oils)
>miso soup (no seed oils)
>pickled vegetables (no seed oils)
>tofu (no seed oils)
>fish roasted in built-in fish broiler on nip oven (no seed oils)
>sukiyaki or shabu-shabu (no seed oils)
>authentic ramen (no seed oils)
>occasional tempura, katsu, chili oil, or mayonnaise (seed oils)

Typical mutt diet:
>pancakes or waffles (seed oils)
>fried eggs (seed oils)
>prepackaged bread (seed oils)
>prepackaged snacks (seed oils)
>hamburgers (seed oils)
>fried chicken (seed oils)
>doughnuts (seed oils)
>instant ramen (seed oils)
>salad dressing (seed oils)
>>
>>20465705
Typical nigger diet:
poop (seed oils)
uhhh idk lost my train of thought
>>
>>20463396
>>20464031
I did try to find it to try and see if it worked better but my local grocery store only carries grain fed beef.
Also when I looked into every paper on this topic I could find none of them show grass fed beef giving you much in the way of inflammation reduction. At best you can find studies showing grass fed beef is kind of neutral and not harmful. It's eating fish (or no meat at all) that really helps drop your inflammatory markers.
Grass fed beef definitely looks better than grain fed beef overall based on the studies at least. If you had to eat beef then grass fed would be the way to go. It's nice getting the huge natural iron infusion when eating beef and it's also nice being able to mix it up instead of living off nothing but fish for the rest of your life. But since only grain fed beef exists at my local grocery store I choose to stick to fish for protein. If they had grass fed beef I'd probably risk the slight increase in inflammation to enjoy beef a couple times a week.
>>
>>20461519
They're a different race anon, they don't have the same bodies.
Look at Asians in America, they eat the same as everyone else and don't have the same obesity rate.

Comparing yourself to another race is stupid.
>>
>>20461519
You mean the same Japanese people that have round childlike faces and can't grow beards?
>>
>>20465705
japan eats all of those things too. Conbini foods are loaded with slop oils and so is their grocery store snacks
the answer is they've been getting fatter over generations.
>>
>>20461765
seed oils and avoiding them aren't a cheat code you moron, theyre a not poisoning yourselff deliberately code.
its literally rancid as gutter oil processed in the same way on an industrial scale.
>>
File: anime of the year.png (1.01 MB, 1894x1068)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>20465749
beef is simply the superior thing nutritionally compared to fish, on a fat composition, but if you sub dairy and coconut oil you can overcome the lack with cod liver oil, so you dont have to complain about a lack of beef in your diet for nutrition. However the issue I find with your sneed oil eating is that you can eat healthy all you want but you will still develop neurological diseases that will impair you because your brain is fucking made of lipids and you are supporting it entirely with polyunsaturated fats. Cut that shit out completely and replace it with ghee, coconut oil, and tallow and see how well you do, without changing your major protien source.
>>
>>20466112
oh, and dont suppliment cod liver oil from medical industry. buy it as food in a can.
>>
Who else here /switched to diet because it was easier than giving up fizzy drinks/
Shits honestly not bad nowadays, the scientists have been in those labs perfecting sweeteners. The lemonades especially barely taste different.
>>
File: 1678034355192540.jpg (154 KB, 900x1300)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>20466112
My grandpa has zero neurological problems and is still alive at age 94 right now. I'm pretty sure the seed oil thing is bullshit. I don't dispute that beef is nutritionally better than fish. My issue with it is it's far more inflammatory than fish. Ideally I'd eat some beef once or twice a week to mix it up but I don't even have the (probably still inflammatory but less so than grain fed) grass fed kind near me.
The less nutrition (e.g. way less iron) from fish is worth it to keep my inflammatory markers low. I think the only point where it isn't worth it is the lowest inflammation diet which would be vegetables with no meat (not even fish). That's be cutting out too much nutrition, hence why vegans / vegetarians tend to have missing teeth / early balding. Fish is a good middle ground where you still get your basic protein and vitamin B-12 and such but also avoid most of that inflammation hit.
I know I'm mentioning inflammation a lot like it's some meme concern but really it's the biggest deal there is and behind most of the problems you get when aging. Without inflammation there probably wouldn't be most later in life heart diseases for example. A lot of dietary theories like saturated fat clogging arteries have been suggested but at the end of the day the one thing known about these heart problems is inflamation driving them.
>>
>>20466203
>my grandpa is 94
pretty sure your grandpa isn't consuming heavy quantities of sneed oil. could be wrong, but i severely doubt it. that shit IS poison. you can cry as much dad works at nintendo nonsense as you want but it's been proven that P&G shills literally paid millions to bribe scientific establishments to say its healthy. There's literally zero reason to put something in your body that causes inflammation, and the fact that you keep saying seed oils doesn't matter when its been PROVEN to cause massive ammounts of cascading inflammation is pants on head retard shit. it makes it obvious you're either completely ignorant on this subject, or more likely, hoping that the goyim here are.
>>
>>20466112
>beef is simply the superior thing nutritionally compared to fish, on a fat composition
Fish has much more omega 3 fatty acids. You can't really get the recommended amount of omega 3 from beef even if it's grass-fed.
>>
File: tanks.png (921 KB, 1024x1024)
921 KB
921 KB PNG
>>20466215
I'm telling you I had all my inflammatory markers getting repeatedly and frequently tested. I would have noticed if seed oils had been causing inflammation.
All I can tell you is based on this recent period in my life when every one of the inflammatory markers you can do blood tests for was getting tested what finally worked to drop them was a leafy green predominant diet with fish for protein.
Keto made the inflammation worse, same diet that ultimately worked but with beef made it worse, seed oil content had no effect either way, and limiting protein to fish while having lots of broccoli and/or spinach and rice is what ultimately zeroed them out.
>>
File: 20240406_153346.png (147 KB, 743x595)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>20466231
>I'm telling you I had all my inflammatory markers getting repeatedly and frequently tested. I would have noticed if seed oils had been causing inflammation.
it factually does
>b-but muh test
your markers suck nigger tits
ask them to take some photos of the absolute state of your mitochondrea.
>brocoli
seems like a bad buy, but then, I'm preferential for brussle sprouts and kraut.
>>
>>20466237
Brussels sprouts are one of the leafy greens I had in rotation but I'm not fond of how they taste so I ended up eating them less often until finally not eating them at all. Spinach is my favorite but broccoli is good for mixing it up so I'm not eating the same thing every meal.
>>
>>20466248
Brussel sprouts need some kind of acid to taste good imo
>>
>>20461519
The japanese are getting worse.

Obesity is going up
Cardiovascular disease is going up
Diabetes is going up
Cancer rates are going up
>>
File: 1553576574178.jpg (27 KB, 259x188)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>20461671
>yuros aren't fat and don't eat junkfood
Stopped reading
>>
>>20466263
>Stopped reading
Only because the fat folds blubbered over your eyes.
>>
>>20466255
That's a natural part of the enkikeification
>>
>>20461519
the japanese have a strong culture of athleticism, similar to how the usa did in the 1980s. you can consume unhealthy foods if you offset it with a really active lifestyle.
>>
>>20467295
case in point: fat japanese otatku. the moment japanese stop walking and biking everywhere and instead embrace reading lns all day or watching anime in their room, they balloon into amerifats, or japifats as i call them
>>
>>20461671
>Nips, Italians, Costa Ricans and Andorrans eat carbs all day and are neither fat nor unhealthy (longest living populations on earth).
>Countries that natively eat and prefer whole grains don't live nearly as long as countries, like the same ones listed above, which almost exclusively eat refined grains.
That could just be from access to cheap refined grains being a sign of modernization, rather than refined grains really being healthy. Despite Japan having a much lower rate of obesity than the USA, their rate of diabetes is about the same.
>>
>>20467302
Yeah, but unlike Ameriblubbers, Nippopotamuses have the good sense to not go out in public looking as they do and making the rest of us see their gargantuan fat rolls jiggling this way and that. Ameriblubbers lack shame entirely so they'll not only go out looking like overstuffed sausages but actually swear that they'll look fine doing so.
Also, Amerifat isn't as good as Ameriblubber and Japifat is fucking stupid when Nippopotamus is right the fuck there.
>>
>>20467330
>That could just be from access to cheap refined grains being a sign of modernization
>tfw Italy has been eating refined grains and therefore had been modernized since 1500s
>>
>>20467338
Refined grains existed before modernization but didn't really become available to everyone so chealy until then. From what I've read refined grains were more expensive because of the extra labor required and only the upper classes regularly consumed them.
>>
>>20467344
Bruh, normal ass Italians were eating white bread and refined flour pasta in the 16th century. Even whatever the fuck his name is... that American guy who "discovered/invented" the Mediterranean diet in the 1950s has said as much but when the diet was taken over by that other cunt, Ancel Keys, he plopped in his ridiculous preference for whole grain for some fucking reason. iinm, this second dude is also the guy who popularised the anti-fat movement throughout the anglosphere despite the fact that we (Italians) do not typically avoid fat and never have. He was also teetotal (because we definitely didn't drink wine in Italy lmao) and anti salt (because we didn't eat salty cheeses, olives and preserved meat, either).
>>
>>20467365
Have anything about that I can read? I tried looking it up again and it all says refined grains required more labor and equipment and only wealthier people could afford them prior to the 1800s when industrialization made it cheaper.

Europeans in general never really avoided fat. Some studies I looked at said Europeans might even require more fat than others for optimal health.
>>
>>20467365
Semolina isn't "white bread" by any stretch, and cheaper semolina grinds even less so.
Its basically the same as with the Japanese and white rice all over again: There is a luxury in fresh white rice, there is a even bigger luxury in that it stores quite well.
>>
>>20467427
Lots of sources but I'm afraid not a single one in particular. Sieving milled grain to separate bran etc out from more refined flour has been done since ancient times. Egypt was first, iinm. This, of course, continued in descended cultures and spread through trade so by the time of the Renaissance, white bread was already common throughout Italy and only the absolute poorest of the poor, this who ate by charity, often through the church, were eating brown breads.
Unless you can read other languages, particularly Italian, French or German, best I can do is tell you to simply Google something like "white bread in Renaissance Italy." That should find several results confirming my claim if not outlining the history of the refinement process from ancient wherever through the modern day.
It should be noted that you're right in a way by saying only the wealthy could afford white flour, however this is not in the form of bread but in pastry. Only the absolute purest white flour is suitable for viennoise-like pastry since any bran at all will cause the pastry to tear and not form correctly. But white bread, even if there was some minute amount of residual bran in those eaten by commoners, was widely available and affordable by the 1500s, as was pasta.
>>
>>20467455
You are not very smart.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.