[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000014092.jpg (574 KB, 1079x1108)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
People will really do anything to diet other than portion control. Just eat less. You're supposed to feel hungry sometimes.
>>
>>20463919
of course but that's jack scalfani. God keeps him alive purely for our entertainment.
>>
>>20463919
how about i feel hungry all over your dick? and then buttfuck you
>>
>>20463919
These people are the problems that solve themselves
>>
>>20463930
but he refuses to be solved!
>>
>>20463930
>They eat themselves into oblivion before overburdening our healthcare system without even saying "thank you"
>"Solve themselves"
>>
>>20463919
>You're supposed to feel hungry sometimes.
Once I realized this I lost all the weight I needed to. It's not bad to feel hungry. Just gotta thread the line between hunder and starving so you don't over eat.
>>
>>20463919
Hunger is determined by your eating routine. Eat small meals twice a day and before long you won't feel hungry while doing it.
>>
>>20463919
A lot of people don't know what hunger is because they never stop eating. They think having room in their stomach for more food is the same as being hungry.

"Just eat less" is technically true but doesn't work that well in practice. It's easier to eat less if you have a good diet and you're getting a lot of nutrition. Most people are eating too much high calorie but low nutrition food.
>>
Shouldn’t Jack be trying to lose weight…?
>>
File: 20230819_021735.jpg (40 KB, 678x452)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>20463930
They aren't some idiot 20 something on sport bikes who will remove themselves from societal costs with an acute incident that turns them into a meat crayon. The medical industry is becoming exceedingly efficient at keeping these hamblobs aliveuntil 50 so that they can preach about how their lifestyles are healthy and better, actually.
>surgeons use livestock meat hooks to perform quadruple bypass on megaobese patients
>>
>>20464024
He hit a "plateau" after losing about twenty pounds. I personally think he's probably went up and down between 250-300 his entire adult life and that there's no actual change. Plus the salt can't be helping. His brother actually does a carnivore diet and includes organ meats in it, without that I'm amazed Jack doesn't have gout. But then again he probably has no real feeling in his legs or feet anyway
>>
>>20464028
I have a ton of joint and other health issues and would not consider myself healthy but I was still able to do that basic stretch/pose on the right on my first try with no difficulty.
>>
>>20464024
He is losing weight, but very slowly. Like a pound or two a month at best.

It's actually pretty hard to not lose weight on a carnivore diet. Despite a lot of it being high calorie foods, it's just too heavy to really eat that much of it. It's possible to eat so much that you're still obese, but I think Jack probably cheats on his diet.
>>
>>20464053
Obviously not for Jack. A whole rotisserie chicken is like three meals for one person if you're eating reasonable portions
>>
If that chicken is from a grocery store it's most likely full of added ingredients that will stop a ketogenic state. I think it's either Costco or Sprouts that has some with only salt and pepper.
>>
>>20464073
People with diabetes like Jack literally cannot go into a ketogenic state or they will die.
>>
File: SUbsi1.jpg (363 KB, 884x867)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>20463919
I'm a firm believer that humans REQUIRE steak, eggs, and bacon in order to live optimal lives. Hunger is just your body telling you that one of these things is missing in your diet.

Obesity can be explained by the human body "searching" for steak, eggs, and bacon but never finding any. Thus it enter a loop where it's permanently hungry 24/7 and people become fat fucks.
>>
>>20464084
Post cholesterol
>>
>>20464087
>"In myelin, cholesterol inserts into the membrane bilayers to increase myelin viscosity and stabilize myelin lipids and proteins [31]. Myelin cannot be synthesized without cholesterol"

MAYBE all the FUD around cholesterol was created so people would switch to a diet of grains like goy cattle. Now 50% of americans at best have pre-diabetes. Hmmmmmm.
>>
>>20464120
So "very high," understood. Eat a vegetable
>>
>>20464122
Do I look like I'm poor or some kind grazing animal
>>
>>20464073
It's usually not the best chicken either. The Rotisserie chickens would likely be sold first as fresh, and when they reach sell-by date, they become rotisserie. That means they are extremely high in histamine, which is bad news on carnivore diet. There's a reason you never hear carnivore diet people recommending chicken. In moderation, sure. But not a whole goddamn stinky week old supermarket rotisserie chicken, Jack.
FFS
>>
>>20464122
Vegetables, you mean those things SOAKED in pesticides?

>inb4 "Just blow money on organic veggies like an imbecile bro!".
>>
>>20464176
Animals are usually eating grains soaked in pesticides too. Unless you're eating organic pastured chicken and pork and grass-fed beef which is unlikely because of how expensive that would be.
>>
>>20464178
WHOAH, it's almost like we genetically modified animals to filter these poisons so when we eat them we only get a fraction of the poison.
>>
>>20464182
We did not genetically modify animals to filter out pesticides.
>>
>>20464185
Not directly. It's a byproduct of making them suitable for butchering in less than a year. Because of their artificially low lifespans they don't have any time to accumulate dangerous levels of pesticides in their body and even then most end up in the poison collector known as the liver. As long as you don't eat that there's no need to pay top dollar for cows that live in better luxury than we do. Whatever small amounts of pesticides that do get through is still 100X better than eating leaves soaked in pesticides that a simple rinse in water won't remove.
>>
>>20464225
Liver is one of the most nutritious animal products. I get what you're saying but it doesn't "store" poison more than anything else. Animal fat stores toxic things too.
>>
>>20463919
BASED

Eating rotisserie chicken for Sunday lunch/dinner is tradition in France.
>>
>>20464278
Yeah but they probably aren't eating nothing but the chicken.
>>
>>20464285
And probably not one whole chicken per-person in a single sitting
>>
>>20463919
how to say you know nothing about weight problems without saying it.
>>
File: retardcl.png (337 KB, 483x407)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
>People will really do anything to diet other than portion control. Just eat less. You're supposed to feel hungry sometimes.
>>
>>20463930
so far he's refused to be solved 3 times now
>>
>>20464073
>>20464163
I work in a grocery store kitchen, we put salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and onion powder on the chickens.
The chickens come from Perdue in boxes of 12, we do two boxes a day. If they don't sell that day they get shredded and go into chicken salad, soup, or sold as shredded white/dark meat.
The quality is kinda funky, especially for size. Some are as small as 1.2lbs some as big as 3.7, they're all $8 anyway.
>>
>>20464084
This is entirely true. We were meant to hunt whole animals, and that was the primary portion of our calories.

>>20464087
High cholesterol comes from all the added salt that people season their meat with. If you just ate the meat normally, then you wouldn't have a problem.

>>20464122
>>20464148
>>20464176
Vegetables are fine in small amounts. While meat should be the primary portion of our calories, we still incorporated greens and grains into our diet. We are omnivores after all. The problem is that we have the concept of food backwards. We look at greens and grains as the bulk, and meat as the side. When it should be meat as the bulk, and greens and grains as the sides.
>>
>>20464504
GOT IM
>>
>>20464646
>While meat should be the primary portion of our calories,
No, it doesn't have to be.
>>
>>20464679
Depends on your RDA of 9 essential amino acids. We know that plants are very poor sources of them because they often lack one or another.
>>
>>20463919
No point stating obvious facts to the gremlins of this board. People will blame anything for their poor decisions.
>>
>>20464679
If you actually want to feel satiated, then yes it does. Avoiding becoming fat with a meat heavy diet is so much easier, because when you eat a small portion, your hunger pangs go away for a long time.
When you go low meat and high grain, it requires a very high level of mental fortitude to avoid the hunger pangs.
>>
>>20463930
They mostly don't. The average fat person isn't dying until he or she is elderly. He or she will instead just run up a fortune in medical expenses, which the American health system handles as the worst of both worlds by both charging the (insurance having even) patient thounds of dollars AND still costing hundreds of thousands of dollars more that get passed on to everyone else through higher insurance costs.
>>
>>20464770
>If you actually want to feel satiated
its always fat fucks that claim you need to eat meat to feel full
>>
>>20464053
Losing 1 to 2 pounds a month is pretty normal. I aim for 1 pound a week when I'm cutting and that's considered fast. Anything more starts to stray into unhealthy weightloss territory.
>>
File: barkley1_screenshot_1.png (33 KB, 640x480)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>20464866
As a lifelong skinny guy nearing my 40s I never understood all the talk about feeling full / satiated in general.
Like why is it the end of the world if you're just... not full? Isn't there any other shit fat people can focus on besides making sure their stomach's at full capacity? Like go watch a TV show or do drugs or something? Shit's weird to me. It's not like if you're less than full it's painful. It's just like "yeah, I could hypothetically eat more and not feel sick."
>>
File: George Costanza Pier.jpg (34 KB, 640x480)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>20464866
>>20464895
I'm not a fat fuck. I'm high metab, so I can eat more than most and not gain much weight.
Feeling "full" is a misnomer. It's more like some deep craving that you feel in your bones. If you don't understand it, then it's difficult to explain to you. But it's like when you need to piss. Sure, you COULD hold it in for another hour or 2 or even longer if you tried. But the feeling of needing to pee is so strong, that you just do it sooner rather than later.

You can feel full in your belly, and not feel satisfied. Which is why I wanted to avoid the word "full", and use "satiated" instead.
>>
>>20463919
Dumbfucks would rather shoot themselves up with Ozempic, but what the hell - it DOES work. I've heard that suicidal depression and a non-functional stomach are great, for weight loss.
>>
>>20463919
how old is Jack? and what is his stroke count?

i think he can't have much longer left..
>>
>>20464883
>I aim for 1 pound a week
bitch league stats. i once lost ~40 pounds in 3 weeks with a combination of 3 day fasting, alcohol + coke, and an iron will not to binge when hungover. i don't think i could do it again though
>>
>>20465084
The modern American healthcare system is the definition of "horrors beyond your comprehension." He'll live to 75+ as a vegetable for harvest.
>>
>>20464883
The typical recommendation is 1-2 pounds per week. Especially when you're Jack's age and obese with those health problems, I don't think most doctors would be satisfied if Jack told them he lost 1 pound in a month. Losing 1 pound in a month and being obese means you're still overeating.
>>
>>20463919
I don’t mind the hunger but the headache is annoying.
>>
Fat fuck here. This is the strategy that got me from 380 pounds to 250 and still losing. This example assumes you are on a midnight to 8 sleep schedule
Step 1: skip breakfast. A few light snacks through the day (e.g. crackers, raw vegetables, pickles) to stay satiated
Step 2. Eat lunch around 5 or 6 PM. Make something that that you can get completely stuffed on by only consuming around 500 calories (e.g. brothy soups, salads, shakshuka)
Step 3: Eat dinner around 9 or 10 PM. It can be whatever the fuck you want because you're still kinda full from lunch so you'll be stuffed again well before reaching your break even calorie point
>>
>>20465250
how much loose skin do you have?
>>
>>20463919
>just eat less
I work in an office and I'm surrounded by fucking idiots who are CONSTANTLY snacking. they literally never let up. consequently I have listen to at least one person chew for my entire fucking shift. there may be a few minutes of silence before I hear a drawer open and some package being opened.
just fucking STOP EATING, how am I the only person on the planet who is capable of this simple task?

>>20463930
>solve themselves
but not before costing tens of hundreds of thousands in medical expenses, clogging up the already strained healthcare system and taking up resources that could be used on people who actually took care of themselves. I fucking wish the problem solved itself.
I fucking hate fat people so much.
>>
>>20465297
see
>>20464084

For me personally it feels like I'm torturing myself if I try to eat anything after a few eggs and bacon. Food becomes salt or something for like 5+ hours sometimes. Hell I skip lunch altogether now.

The modern day food pyramid is a jewish scam.
>>
>>20463919
Because it's easier to just trick retards into eating a meme diet than it is to just tell them to eat less
>>
>>20465385
oh sure, the fact that people are hungry constantly means they're not getting any actual nutrition. they're obese yet starved of nutrients because all they eat is bullshit "food" like chips, cookies, snacks, candy, etc and subsist on overprocessed slop.
I wish they realized all the shit they eat isn't actual food.
>>
>>20463930
not before running up medical bills that get subsidized onto the tax payer
>>
>>20465092
jeez, and i thought my 40 pounds in 2 months was impressive
>>
>>20465413
Are we REALLY supposed to eat plants though? When you stop and think about it humans didn't have access to things like potatoes/corn/soy/wheat because they're genetic abberations of nature we engineered. In other words these things did not exist for most of human history.

Are these things really SAFE AND EFFECTIVE (tm)?
>>
>>20465418
Jack EARNED that through his devotion to God you ungrateful millennial. Now pay for another round of ass wiping for him
>>
>>20463919
Desu eating nothing but chicken and broccoli will make you strong and lean regardless of portions. It's basically impossible to get fat off it.
>>
>>20466555
It is entirely possible, and probable, to get fat when your lunch consists of an entire 1500+ calorie roast chicken
>>
>>20466560
The human body is not a bomb calorimeter.
>>
>>20466562
Your meme diet does not defeat the laws of thermodynamics
>>
>>20464120
>switch to a diet of grains
Historically that has been the norm, even for rich fags.
>>
>>20466563
Do cars violate the laws of thermodynamics when their mileage varies?
>>
>>20464084
you're my new favorite schizo
>>
lottttttta people ITT going to be having colon cancer in ~30 years
>>
>>20463919
Fucking idiot had a stroke while waiting to be seated in Cheesecake Factory.
Fuck his advice.
Kek.
>>
File: misato.jpg (33 KB, 460x413)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>20466563
Not that anon and I used to argue like this against anti-CICO schizos all the time.
I still think it's mostly true, but I tried the (real / ketosis blood tested, not the meme eat lots of bacon kind) ketogenic diet to control an inflammatory condition a little while back. And while I can confidently say keto diet sucks for controlling inflammation and is probably only useful for inflammation in the context of intractable childhood epilepsy, what I did discover as an unwanted side effect is my weight kept dropping (I'm not overweight and actually close to underweight, making this side effect pretty bad).
I think getting calories through ketosis is maybe less efficient or something. Though even when I increased to 3000+ calories a day I still couldn't keep my weight over 150 lbs. Didn't matter to me anyway since that diet was a complete failure for lowering inflammation, but I now do believe keto dieting probably would help a lot for fat people who feel the need to consume ridiculously excessive amounts like 3000 calories in a day.
>>
>>20466641
Fat people eat past the point of satiation because of mental issues/trauma. In Jack's case, it is childhood food insecurity. The man can eat a sandwich in like four bites because he HAD to, he had to fight for whatever food he could get by his own admission. He needs therapy not a meme diet
>>
>>20466560
1500 calories is not a surplus. With ketogenic diets you're supposed to fill up on enough uncured, unsweetened meat and proteins to the point where you're too full to eat more than would be your surplus.

For example, if you're a fat shit at 350lbs standing at 5ft 9in at age 40 then you'd have to eat more than 2900 calories of chicken or other meat to get fatter.
>>
>>20466565
Everytime humans did that they became fat fucks with beetus. See egyptians.
>>
>>20466619
Correct. All the vegetables/fruits people are eating have been SOAKED with pesticides. We've known for a while that pesticides cause cancer over time yet we haven't banned their use yet.
>>
>>20466707
Colon cancer is more attributable to the massive increase in dairy consumption in recent decades
>>
>>20466707
Maybe in whatever shithole country you live in.
>>
>>20466708
>>20466711
Think about it this way: cancer isn't contagious. If animals get sick from eating plants soaked in pesticides, you evade most of it when you eat their flesh because their liver filters them (why eating organ meat is le bad).

Of course they're going to try to cover this collosal disaster up. Corn/wheat/rice/soy farmers have every monetary incentive to keep feeding people poisons. No refunds.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/10/behind-worrying-rise-cancer-diagnoses-young-people-20620175/
>>
>>20466765
>author is an adult that unironically uses the phrase ‘pee or poo’
Opinion piece discarded
>>
>>20466707
>Ban pesticides
>Crops get ruined by pests
>"WTF HOW COULD WE HAVE KNOWN"
>>
>>20466660
I think the point is that if Jack is eating a 1500 calorie lunch, it's unlikely he's splitting 500 calories between breakfast and dinner. That's why he's mostly maintaining his obesity despite following this diet because he's still just eating too much.
>>
>>20466660
>With ketogenic diets you're supposed to fill up on enough uncured, unsweetened meat and proteins to the point where you're too full to eat more than would be your surplus.
I'm pretty sure this is wrong. The idea behind keto is that your body has a much harder time storing fat when you aren't eating carbohydrates, plus your body is more likely to "waste" energy when running on fat as opposed to glucose. Feel free to double check me on these points:
>Insulin is needed to store fat
>Fat, protein, and carbohydrates trigger different levels of insulin release, with carbohydrates being the highest
>Insulin inhibits hormone sensitive lypase, the enzyme which is needed for fat to leave your fat cells
>Your body burns more energy when running on fat than running on glucose (also applies while fasting)
>Storing protein as fat first requires it to be converted into carbohydrate, then converted into fat, a process which takes a lot of energy in of itself
>Per calorie, fats and proteins tend to be more filling than carbs so even when food is unrestricted you'll naturally eat less of them than you would if carbs were involved
The science and ideas behind keto are solid and proven. Whether fatties do it right is another question. And this is before delving into the topic of insulin resistance (see: the beetus) which inhibits HSL further and prevents access to stored fat even more.
>>
>>20466914
>Per calorie, fats and proteins tend to be more filling than carbs so even when food is unrestricted you'll naturally eat less of them than you would if carbs were involved
I think this is all that really matters. Plus keto kind of forcing you to cut out a lot of junk food. Everyone I know who did keto was previously consuming a lot of soda, chips, cookies, etc. Keto works because it's satiating and forces you to cut out junk food.

When they got to a healthy weight they started eating fruit and whole grains and stuff and seemed fine with that though. They just learned to avoid junk food and that carbs aren't inherently bad.
>>
>>20466914
>The science and ideas behind keto are solid and proven.
If this were true, there would be examples of people who have 'done keto right'. There are no such people.
>>
>>20463919
I would feel guilty because I consumed a bird that was once walking around and pecking at shit.
>>
>>20466937
If keto worked the pharmaceutical and medical industries would have every reason to convince you that it didn't. Sorta like how fasting is known to help treat or even reverse cancer but lots of money is spent making sure nobody knows that.
>>
>>20466939
They're not even that nutritious compared to steak, it's more of a poorfag meat especially given how little fat they have.

It's possible that it's actually fat that makes you feel full. Might be anectodal but I feel like I have an easier time eating a 2 pound bird all by myself compared to a 1 pound steak. The fat from the latter seems to satiate me more. We sure do love fried chicken...
>>
>>20466954
>the cure to cancer is starving yourself to death
hahahahahaha
>>
>>20466961
Your body has two states: anabolic and catabolic. One is you building yourself up, the other is you breaking yourself down. Anabolic steroids force your body into mega anabolism, that's why they work. Catabolism is interesting because your body begins to eat itself in a process called autophagy, but your body isn't stupid and goes after old, damaged, unused, or malfunctioning cells first. It's basically your body cleaning itself out. Your body knows that cancerous cells are bad, but if you spend too much time in an anabolic state you can't clean them out.

But again we come back to the problem of money. If the best treatment to cancer was completely free, who would fund the research? Who would stand to gain from it?

And please, fasting is not "starving yourself". You don't need to eat anywhere near as often as you, you've just trained your body to expect food constantly so it whines when you don't eat.
>>
>>20466707
ahh the ol reddit switcharoo
>>
>>20466765
you didn't even fucking read the article did you? lmao
>There’s some evidence that a high-fat diet might increase our risk of getting cancer, and several studies have found a link between eating a lot of processed meat, such as ham or bacon, and bowel cancer.
>>
>>20466972
> Your body knows that cancerous cells are bad
This is why famously the body’s immune system kicks into gear to destroy cancer cells.

Oh wait.
>>
>>20466954
>>20466961
>>20466972
The cancer thing gets really weird when you find out that ketones seem are poisonous to cancer cells. So going into ketosis seems to bring about the greatest reduction in cancer cells.

In other words high carb diets might directly cause cancer...

Fuck that's weird.
>>
>>20466985
It can't kick in and deal with it because constant anabolism inhibits it.
>>
>>20466981
>some

That's what I'm talking about. Farmers are going to do everything in their power to protect their cash crops. They HAVE to fund bullshit "studies" framing meat/fat as the "true" evil.
>>
>>20467003
So, according to (you), no keto = no immune system. Gotcha.
>>
>>20467011
You're just a bad troll at this point. Go get a false positive cancer diagnosis from an Indian doctor and take a treatment known to cause actual cancer within 5 years you dumbass.
>>
>>20466958
Dark meat with skin has a good amount of fat. Equivalent to like 80/20 beef. It's mostly the breast even with skin that's still pretty lean, but that's only because we've bred them to be that way.
>>
>>20463919
Based Jack. Literally unafraid of dying. Doing what he loves and eating how he wants with the time he has left. Living the way he wants while being unfazed by the trolls.
>>
>>20463919
"supposed", who said that. Are you also 'supposed' to feel thirst from time to time?
>>
>>20467015
Enjoy your homeopathy. RIP.
>>
>>20467008
>Farmers are going to do everything in their power to protect their cash crops. They HAVE to fund bullshit "studies" framing meat/fat as the "true" evil.
i need some of that good copium that you're on.

you're getting colon cancer by the time you're 50. just accept it.
>>
>>20467041
Yeah kinda. That's your body letting you know you need to drink something. The people who say you need to drink before you get thirsty don't realize that doing that might just be flushing electrolytes out of your system. It wouldn't make sense for your body to tell you that you need to drink something if you've already become dehydrated.
>>
>>20467103
>The people who say you need to drink before you get thirsty don't realize that doing that might just be flushing electrolytes out of your system.
that only becomes a concern when you're drinking gallons/day. also given that the average american overloads on sodium, this wouldn't hurt. a good rule of thumb is take your body weight in pounds and drink that in oz of water; most people do not come close at all to that. becomes worse when you drink diuretics like soda and coffee.
>>
>>20467118
A good rule of thumb is to just drink when you're thirsty. Your body evolved to tell you when it needs fluids. If someone has soup and salad for lunch they're going to need to drink less water than someone who had a sandwich and chips. So setting a rule like this isn't really that useful because there are too many factors to take into account. Your body takes these things into account by telling you when to drink something. If your pee is clear and you're not thirsty there's probably no point in continuing to drink more fluid out of fear of dehydration.

It's like telling someone if they feel hungry that they're already starving. That's not really how it works.
>>
File: 1683965924249646.png (2.12 MB, 1020x1015)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>>20463919
>whole rotisserie chicken
That's ~2-3 lbs of meat
Could be worse, far worse, but I hate how ketolards think that they can an eat an infinite amount of food as long as there are no evil carbohydrates
>>
Ex obese person here
Please keep up those threads it actually helps me skipping meals.
This ain't a joke I am seriously thankful.
>>
Why do people snack? Like, genuine question. Are people scared of feeling hungry? Just wait until dinner.
>>
>>20467158
Hint. Make an alarm on your smartphone every 3 hour, saying: "Don't eat now, even if we want to. We can make it."
>>
>>20464084
Shut up chud, the people who tell us to eat 11 servings of grains a day said those things are bad. Trust the experts!!!
>>
>>20467227
Because the food they eat doesn't actually provide much nourishment. Instead it causes their blood sugar levels to spike and then drop too low. The latter makes them feel like shit and the only immediate "solution" that they found works is to shove sugar down their gullet to get them out of that low blood sugar level.

It's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>20466990
>So going into ketosis seems to bring about the greatest reduction in cancer cells
No shit. Healthy cells can work around the fact that your body has zero carbs diet. Cancer cells? Not quite. They just starve to death.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (138 KB, 1600x1090)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>20467252
I doubt it's that effective on cancer. If it were some researchers would have published a paper already and received their fame for curing cancer. I don't care what conspiracy theory pharmaceutical suppression idea you or others think would prevent that. No fucking way would you not see at least one out of a million researchers grabbing a bunch of intractable cancer patients, curing them with a ketogenic diet, and enjoying the fame and money of becoming the modern Louis Pasteur.
It might help a little with starving cancer cells but definitely won't be 100% effective at clearing most already active cancer cases.
I got memed into trying the ketogenic diet a little while back as a way to eliminate inflammation and I can tell you that's one area of hype for it that isn't true. Probably the cancer fighting part is mostly hype too.
>>
>>20463930
god has tried like 6 or 7 times now given jacks history of having a cocktail of botulism, pinkeye, salmonella and strokes on top of that
he must be unstoppable or something
>>
>>20467272
Just googled it. Turns out that the whole "ketogenic diet" thing works only for certain types of cancer. I suppose, some cancer cells are able to not rely on carbs.
>>
>Replacing glucose by ketone bodies requires that the tumors have functional mitochondria to be able to use ketone bodies efficiently for growth
So it's a coin-flip. If they have working mitochondria, you are royally fucked.
>>
>>20467278
His mom had like four strokes too
>>
>>20467282
>I-It didn’t work for you because you had the wrong cancer!
>It’s totally settled science that it works!
>You would have gotten better if you had a different cancer and you just believed harder!
>>
>>20467290
Yeah, cancer can basically be or do anything regular human cells can be or do (some cancerous tumors even grow little organs like eyes or teeth).
That's why cancer is so difficult to deal with. It's effectively a fight against your own body.
>>
>>20467297
Why can't we just create macrophage who everything that doesn't fall into certain criteria? Like, if it's not good enough, it will get decimated.
>>
>>20467297
Cancer cells isn't just one thing, but if we put more monet into T-cells we might fight it of.
>>
>>20467300
companies are trying to do shit with bacteriophages but, you know, it's kinda hard to do this shit at a molecular level
>>
>>20467332
Maybe they should invest more money into this instead of gender studies, then.
>>
>>20467300
People have tried all sorts of shit like that.
Some of it can work some of the time on some sorts of cancers but you're probably never going to get a method that magically clears any and all kinds of cancer perfectly without exception. Cancer cells are too close to regular cells and there are too many different kinds of it.
You also get some really bad unintended side effects sometimes. Like the way the perfect mouse model for inflammatory bowel disease was discovered was by trying to give mice suped up immune systems that would prevent cancer.
And inflammatory bowel disease is about as bad as getting cancer anyway. It usually doesn't kill you so maybe that's an advantage. But you probably aren't going to have a good time constantly puking and having a literal 30 to 40 blood filled diarrhea bowel movements daily as your immune system tears apart your intestines.
>>
Just skip breakfast and lunch
>>
>>20464084
That is exactly (sans some parsley and garlic in the butter) how my dinner looked every day for 6 months a couple of years ago and it was the best I ever felt, I lost a lot of weight and pretty much never felt hungry and I only ate once a day, sometimes with a day or two of fasting in between
>>
>>20466985
Your body DOES combat cancer cells. It’s when your immune system gets overworked and overwhelmed that cancer really takes hold.
>>
>jack thread
>128 posts
>not one jack webm
lucky i got here when i did
>>
>>20463919
>People will really do anything to diet other than portion control
People keep asking me how I lose weight so quickly whenever I cut, and I have given up on trying to teach them for that specific reason.
They just want some convoluted cheat code that lets them pig out, even if it means they have to go for the most bizarre meal plans.
If you tell them to just eat the same but less, they act as if you killed their firstborn.
>>
>>20465446
>these crops never existed until humans literally just conjured them out of nothing
I doubt that's what you meant but it's effectively what you wrote. Proofread your posts, knucklehead
>>
>>
more jack?
i've got dozens of these
>>
>>20467297
>some cancerous tumors even grow little organs like eyes or teeth).
I need to see this
>>20467300
Yes, viral oncology is a real thing and it's cool in theory.
>>
I never thought watching one man make multiple attempts to off himself could cause me to feel more frustration than sadness
>>
>>20467569
I'm not gonna gorepost on the food and cooking board but if you want to see that shit it's called "teratoma" when a tumor grows its own new instances of human tissue like little eyes or teeth.
>>
>>20467616
>not gonna gorepost on the food and cooking board
first time in a jack thread?
>>
>>20467626
I didn't say you can't gorepost on /ck/.
Just that I choose not to.
>>
File: raw burger meat.webm (2.05 MB, 1280x720)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB WEBM
>>20467634
/ck/ thanks you for your restraint
you're a better man than me
>>
>>20463919
obj
>>
>>20466914
>The science and ideas behind keto are solid and proven. Whether fatties do it right is another question.
Agreed. The common impression is "fuck yeah, it's bacon and burger tiem!" Of course, it turns out they're doing it wrong by eating cheap, cured grocery store bacon and cold cuts containing sugar, hfcs, and dextrose. And also topping off their burger patties with "processed cheese product" and ketchup without looking at those ingredients.
>>
>>20467498
based jack poster
>>
File: jack the egg wizard.webm (922 KB, 1280x720)
922 KB
922 KB WEBM
>>20468009
cheers
have an egg
>>
>>20465143
This for sure. I can deal with the pains and the empty feelings but the light-headed ness, headaches, and inability to focus on anything is the real killer, especially the last one cause I can't even distract myself with some other activity.
>>
>>20465418
oh no you have to pay 5 extra dollars a month
>>
>>20467335
ofc the incel is obsessed with politics
>>
>>20463919
Is this some kind of sodium overdose diet?
>>
>>20464035
Yeah if you stretch a lot then you'll be flexible but it doesn't help you if your BMI is like 45% and your heart gives out
>>
>>20464084
But steak and bacon are some of the least nutrient-dense animal foods, not to mention the methionine content of steak or the polyunsaturated fat content of bacon. You guys would sound a lot less retarded if you'd recommend a diet based around healthy animal foods rather than meme slop like steak and bacon.

>>20466565
>Historically that has been the norm
Anatomically modern humans have existed for around 300,000 years, while agriculture emerged less than 10,000 years ago. "Historically", for 97% of the existence of the human race, grains were not part of our diet in any significant amounts.
>>
>>20466636
Cheesecake factory, is that near the ol' Spaghetti factory?
>>
>>20467252
>this is what happens when retards get their information from food bloggers
Cancer cells do not feed on "carbs", they feed on glucose. There is no diet that will remove glucose from your body; you would die without it. Your body does obtain glucose from carbohydrates but if they're absent, it will synthesize it from protein. Unless your diet is 100% fat, you have more than enough glucose production to feed cancers.
>>
>>20467555
>i've got dozens of these
You have a bunch of the exact same jack webms that have been endlessly reposted for the past decade? Wow anon incredible, I guess it's finally your turn to be the person to post
>jack puts cheese in the shredder and it falls apart
for the millionth time. Nobody's ever seen that one before!
>>
File: 1659514296099079.jpg (798 KB, 828x961)
798 KB
798 KB JPG
>>20463919
>>
>>20465143
>>20468066
>headaches, nausea, lightheadedness, inability to focus after not eating for a short period
You have diabetes.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (305 KB, 1280x720)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
Will our hero Jack survive 2024?
Personally I'd like to see him try aging beef, he'd eat fistfulls of mold
>>
>>20467028
Yes, but it's a painful way to live and go.
>>
>>20468266
Please say sike.
>>
>>20468180
>if you stretch a lot then you'll be flexible
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cclj6vPSNhY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kbRPW5OODo
>>
File: r jack.gif (1.57 MB, 654x368)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB GIF
>>20464024
he is
devouring an entire rotisserie chicken for lunch feels like cheating to him, which says all you need to know about that stroked out retard
>>
>>20465418
The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act was a mistake.
Thanks, Reagan.
>>
>>20463928
>"God keeps him alive purely for our entertainment"
>God: "Oh Hell no, I'm trying my hardest to kill him. It's just that it's a lot more difficult than you people realize. I've seen bank safes that weren't as resilient as that man's bowels"
>>
>>20467616
>teratoma
Awesome. Like horrifying but cool at the same time. Terrific in all senses of the word.
>>
Every Jack video is a reminder of how shitty the South is now
>>
File: 1705778964555711.jpg (162 KB, 1024x984)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>20464923
So much this. I know when I've eaten enough mentally, but it feels really fucking good to eat four slices of pizza pie instead of two. I should only eat two, and eating three is okay, but to truly feel happiness inside I have to eat four. That feeling is exactly why I've struggled losing weight my entire adult life. I'll do well for a few months never overeating, then one week of eating until "feeling satisfied" destroys three months of progress instantly and I gain about fifteen pounds in one week. It's so much easier to gain weight then lose it, it's honestly kind of insane. If I wanted to I could gain five pounds today by simply eating three full meals. The only way for me to lose weight is eat one small meal a day. Honestly sometimes I just want to kill myself, I hate skinny fuckers with good metabolism so much because they have no clue what it's really like out there for fat people that genuinely aren't happy with their bodies and want to change but find it difficult in the modern world.
>>
>>20469949
I noticed I had less desire to overeat once I had some nutritional deficiencies taken care of. I don't need to always eat until my stomach is about to burst anymore. I think an iron deficiency was the main reason for that.
>>
>>20463919
I've eaten about 4k calories pretty much every day since I was 15 without gaining a pound, now I'm 30 and my metabolism has slowly started to drop the last few years, and I've steadily been gaining weight since 2019.
It's very difficult for me to stop eating so much when I've been doing it for literally years.
I'll do well for about a month, then I'm right back to stuffing my face.
>>
>>20469965
I take a multivitamin and probiotics every day and have for years, not sure how relevant that is but I don't feel vitamin deficienct at all. It is an issue with temptation being everywhere and a deep satisfaction that can only be scratched by overeating.
>>
>>20469986
Some forms of vitamins aren't absorbed very well so you could still be deficient despite taking them. Like a lot of people can't absorb B vitamins unless they're methylated. Beta carotene isn't that useful for vitamin A. Forms of iron other than bisglycinate aren't absorbed as well.

Have you tried eating more salads or something? Vegetables have almost no calories so you can pretty much eat as much as you want. I add a bit of cheese and nuts to at least make it seem more substantial but overall it still doesn't have a lot of calories.
>>
>>20468263
Grim. I really hope this isn't real but you never know with him.
>>
>>20463919
If you don't eat after 7PM and go to bed at a reasonable time like 8PM, you'll do fine.
>>
File: 1690463112517065.jpg (207 KB, 1000x1366)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>20466655
Based and wise post.
>>
>>20470160
He's worse now. He hasn't walked in over a year
>>
File: file.png (155 KB, 449x518)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>20468263
He used to have RIPPED legs, so if he keeps up with it he'll get back in shape again pretty quickly.
>>
>>20470329
>Already gave up posting carnivore numbers and talked about cheating
Jej
>>
>>20470329
I've read that a lot of heavy people actually have really strong legs because it's like a constant workout carrying around all that extra weight.
>>
>>20470342
No, there are a lot of fatties out there with fat bellies and torsos, but skinny chicken legs. Genetically, that's how some people fill out.
>>
File: DiosMioLeGoblina.png (63 KB, 259x253)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>20464075
I'm not even a keto shill but they are different things

Ketosis is a metabolic process that occurs when the body breaks down fat for energy if it's not getting enough carbohydrates.

Ketoacidosis, meanwhile, is typically a life-threatening complication of diabetes. It happens when insulin levels drop dangerously low, causing a buildup of ketones and acid in the blood.
>>
>>20471167
That and chronic drinking builds up your visceral fat real quick
>>
>>20464084
amen brother
>>
>>20464084
Preach
>>
>>20464001
>stop eating and before long you'll be a sickly anemic skeleton
>>
>>20463919
Honestly eating a whole rotisserie chicken isn't that much.
They don't use the big chickens for those.

Half a chicken is a standard portion at Medieval Times (or at least it was last time I went, ~20 years ago) and that comes with soup and bread!
>>
>>20468227
>steak
>least nutrient-dense animal foods
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>20471814
You cannot be a carnivore and eat nothing but muscle meat. You need liver and heart, and sometimes offal. Unless you like pooping once every two weeks.
>>
>>20466655
Ehh, I was raised by loving parents in a securely middle-class home and I'm still obese

Eating just feels good, just like how I fap three times a day because cooming feels good
>>
>>20471859
You associate the love of your parents with the food they gave you in tandem with their love for you. Learn to disconnect the two.
>>
>>20463919
You could do a lot worse to be honest. What is that like 1200 calories? The thing is he probably drenched it in ranch and or washed it down with copious amounts of soda
>>
>>20464087
>still believing the cholesterol from food meme

Anon your 15 years beind the times. There is no correlation between dietary cholesterol and the cholesterol in your blood stream.

Also fun fact, eggs have a compound that lowers cholesterol.
>>
>>20472900
>study brought to you by the same The Science™ that previously said eggs are bad, and will invariably say eggs are bad again in the future
>>
>>20463930
fuck no
so sick of seeing women who would be beautiful if they just didn't eat too much. people have no self control and need third party intervention
>>
File: 1715187888179.png (1.33 MB, 969x1080)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
It's so over.
>>
>>20464035
Yeah I'm "only" 20% bf and one of my knees is fucked at 120kg, I can't imagine how bad some people's are
>>
>>20470342
I was 80kg at 5'9 when I was 12 but I never got the fat fuck calves (my legs are also comically short and small) so some people just never do. I just have chicken legs genetically (at least the lower half, they look like one of those 3-panel cartoon flip books where you mismatch the panels for comedy). I'm to this day comically disproportionate and somehow look short at 6'2, so it just happens sometimes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.