[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Fgqc6SyVsAERJC7.jpg (68 KB, 996x992)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>Decide to make "fancy" crab rangoons with real crab, less cream cheese
>Doesn't taste as good
Do I actually just like cheese, not crab?
>>
It’s fried cream cheese dunked into syrup
Anyone claiming they can taste the tiny chunks of fake crab is a goddamn liar
>>
>>20468802
the crab infuses a mellow flavor into the cream cheese. its not meant to be overpowering and fishy.
>>
>>20468622
Maby you're just a crabby cook?
>>
>>20468622
Ooooooohhhhhhh did you try to make gourmet crab rangoonies and fail at it? You're basically Claire now so get over here and cuddle with me.
>>
>>20468622
chinese place i used to go to all the time back in my hometown didn't even call them crab rangoons, just cheese puffs and they were infinitely better than any rangoon i've ever had
>>
>>20468895
Sounds great, cream cheese with shredded cheese and some scallions or peppers would be awesome.
>>
File: childish.jpg (663 KB, 3572x2992)
663 KB
663 KB JPG
>>20468622
>openly admits they didn't use the godly umami bomb surimi for the rangoons
>mfw
>>
>>20468622
You could try cooking plain crab without seasoning and see if you like it. I know there are cultures that don't like any food without seasoning. They don't like food. Their id wants to starve to death.
>>
>>20468622
>like thing
>change it
>like it less
WOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>20468622
>Do I actually just like cheese, not crab?
No you fucking retard. You like the combination of the two, and you messed up the ratio.
>>
>>20468802
oh no I've had some with actual crab in it in big chunks. nasty.
>>
Yes. This is why cheese rangoons are a thing.
>>
>>20468622
raw tomatoes are great in sandwiches and salads
>>
>>20468622
Someone needs to watch the Don.
>>
>>20468622
Nah, the pollock fake crab has a different flavor from real crab. real crab kinda sucks and needs a bit of seasoning to help it blend with other stuff.

Cream cheese related: making scrambled eggs with chunks of cream cheese is great. Butter in the pan, add as much cream cheese as you want to the butter; let it warm and soften. Add your eggs, chives, salt, pepper, MSG, and anything else you want. I don't blend the cream cheese as much so there are pockets of cream cheese that are creamy bites. great flavor and texture with eggs.
>>
>>20468890
only if you break my bechamel if u know what i mean

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.