[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: chrome_AqJm6W9F8C.png (805 KB, 642x621)
805 KB
805 KB PNG
when the chef is mucho basado
>>
>>20471474
We did it redit. Le epic. Don't forget to get your covid booster shot.
>>
I don't eat well done steak, I think it's bad, but if you can't cook a steak to well done without burning it you can't cook. Also if you can't cook a well done steak that isn't dry you can't cook, and no, well done is not inherently dry and flavorless.
>>
>the Chef hates you
I'd order it well done just to spite that faggot
>>
>>20471474
>burnt offering

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>20471478
Le big pharma is bad! Except when is comes to vaccines, then they are le good guys! Priase Dr. Fauci.
>>
>>20471474
I like using two well done steaks instead of bread and Putting a medium rare steak in the middle it's my keto sandwich
>>
>>20471516
Boost me daddy. Boost me harder
>>
>>20471474
Has there ever been a restaurant with laminated menus that employed an honest to God chef?
>>
File: government_cheese.jpg (19 KB, 252x200)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>20471474
That looks suspicious, like government cheese.
>>
>>20471689
I just want to know where I can buy this glorious cheese
>>
>>20471694
You gotta bust into some USG cave networks to get some
I say practice with DIA, that place is creepy AF
>>
>>20471482
>and no, well done is not inherently dry and flavorless
it is inherently tough and inherently drier than lower doneness levels
this is basic physics and chemistry
well done literally wrings out juices by causing the muscle fibers to constrict more
>>
File: Gov cheese1.jpg (1.53 MB, 2250x4000)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>20471694
I'm glad you asked.
so you can no longer get government cheese as seen in that pic that was a special program.

however you can order this stuff. good luck though finding it in anything under a full case.
The smallest I could order it was a five pound block from a restaurant supply place.
>>
File: Gov cheese2.jpg (1.25 MB, 4000x2250)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>20471743
as someone who actually receive a couple of blocks of that stuff in the 80's along with canned chicken I can say that this is the closest you will ever get.

this stuff actually has cheese in it. it's easy to melt and tastes like mild cheddar with a hint of velveeta.

I bought it to test a theory I had about the type of cheese certain mexican restaurants might use. I was wrong.

however the stuff makes great cheeseburgers, and macaroni and cheese.
>>
>>20471753
this is the only place I could find it for sale as a single block.
https://www.foodservicedirect.com/land-o-lakes-american-extra-melt-yellow-process-cheese-loaf-5-pound-23076444.html
>>
>>20471729
Most well done steak is tough and dry because it's overcooked. It's overcooked because it's assumed that either it cannot be overcooked or that it doesn't matter if it's overcooked because it will be tough and dry regardless.
You can cook a steak well done without drying it out and making it tough, you just have to know how to cook it.
ToughER and dryER than other temps? Probably but not certainly. Cook a gristly ribeye rare and tell me it isn't tough. A properly cooked well done filet will be more tender.
>>
>>20471764
That's still fuckspensive. Could can get sliced american cheese for 5 bucks a pound
>>
>>20471474
Juices are not what makes it taste good
>>
>>20471474
So it sounds like the ideal is between medium and medium well and yet you have no option for this. Curious.
>>
>>20471474
Well done is the best
>>
All things considered I’ve never ever EVER heard of anyone ordering a well done steak at a restaurant. No one does this. Medium-well on occasion but most people just say medium because they know without a doubt the chef will fuck it up and over-cook it either on accident or purpose because no one actually likes anything rarer than medium and all chefs are pussy fags, bar none,
>inb4 one of you contrarian niggers claims to order rare steak all the time
No the fuck you don’t you haven’t left your house in a year and a half sit down shut the FUCK up you lying son of a bitch
>>
This thread reminds me of that one time I took my dad out for dinner. He ordered his steak Well Done despite me telling him multiple times that Medium Rare is the way to go. As expected he got a steak that was tough like shoe leather while mine was nice and juicy.
>>
>>20471879
>t. Has never worked at a restaurant that sells steak
People order well done steak all the time, retard.
>>
>>20471805
>ToughER and dryER than other temps?
That's really all you had to say. Well done is tougher and dryer than other temps. It's all relative, of course a steak cooked exactly to 160F, rested, and served quickly is not going to be bone dry. It'll be relatively dry and less tender, though. Well done steak is tough and dry (relative to cooking a steak to ideal temps based on specific cut).
>>
>>20471474
>at friends house, they are cooking steak for dinner
>said rare is fine
>realized that nobody in the house eats it rare, they all were surprised and were like "do you actually like bloody steak?"
>my friend got a rare steak on accident, it just wasnt cooked enough
>his mom said multiple "ill put it back on if you want"
>tried to put on a brave face and said he would keep it
>literally started gagging and spit it out, cooked it again to medium
>all kept joking about me getting sick from uncooked bloody steak

Sad
>>
>>20471499
It's a statement on religious tolerance, meaning they're accepting of pagans
>>
>>20471482
>>20471729
You can still reserve juices by cooking it at a lower temperature for longer after a quick sear. You can also keep it tender by using bromelain based tenderizing salt on it before cooking.
>>
>>20471950
And he was better for it, but you zoomfucks wouldn't know shit about that
>>
>>20471879
I envy the groups you dine with, because a piece of my soul dies when my grandma orders it well done
>>
>>20471764
Appreciate the knowledge bro, I think I had some gov cheese as a kid so I may have to pick some up.
>>
>>20472020

Why the fuck are you taking your granma out for steak?
>>
>>20471975
>That's really all you had to say.
All I'm saying is that calling well done steak "a burnt offering" and acting like it's equivalent to eating leather is dumb. You can cook well done... well and it won't be bone dry jerky. You just have to know how to cook.
I know that it's not as good as lower temps.
I also said
>I think it's bad
>>
>>20472253
Steak is shit anyway. I'd rather just cut it into chunks and slow cook for stew, pie, burritos and more.
Way better than IT IS THE MEAT AND IT IS THE COOKED AND IT HAS THE SIDES YAY
>>
>>20472260
Dis nigga put ny strip in his pie
>>
>>20472018
>zoomfucks
I'm 31
>>
>>20471492
Im a chef and thought the same thing. Fuck that guy especially ita a different person every week because all chefs are fat stupid alcoholics
>>
>>20471499

(((you know)))
>>
>>20471474
I am le man! I drink le beer and eat my steaks RARE.
>>
>>20471474
I don't even like well done, but I'd order one just to piss off the chef.
You serve me. Do your job and keep quiet, faggot.
>>
>>20471743
>>20471753
isn't this the same as velveeta?
>>
>>20472797
start acting like it then, you fucking embarrassment
>>
>>20473095
I am le woman. I hate le things men like and they should never have anything nice
>>
>>20473247
what you want nigger? I ordered medium rare as steaks are supposed to be ordered while my dad was the one who screwed himself over because he didn't fucking listen.
>>
>>20472018
>>20473247
zoomers don't typically take their parents out to dinner
>>
>>20473246
no
>>
>>20471839
so the same price? 5x5=35
>>
>>20471474
Nice try, what with the cigarettes and "edgy" arm tattoos, but if I wanted good food then I'd make it myself at home, I'm only here to enjoy the closest thing to legal slavery, and nobody is going to have fun when "the help" gets uppity.
>>
File: file.png (238 KB, 639x175)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>our "chef" can't cook
>>
>>20473425
obviously, strong lack of respect
the day I got my first paycheck I took my parents out to eat, it's not that fucking hard, it doesn't even have to be that expensive, they gave you fucking life, and a nice dinner out is the least you can do, maybe take a break from giving half your Mcdonalds check to e-girls and take your mom and dad out to a nice dinner
>>
>>20471729
>le ebin Science! says it's true
Well done is great if you have a good cut of meat. Rare is cope
>>
>>20474908
>i dont need le science
being dumb on purpose isn't a good take
>>
>>20471474
>a very red center that is still raw
rare doesn't mean raw. blue rare is raw.
proper rare is when the meat warms up, the proteins start to denature and to release juices.
not as juicy or tender as medium-rare, but definitely more than raw.
>the center has just lost all it's (sic) pinkness
medium well still has a hint of pink
>>
>>20471474
>lost all it is pinkness
Why do people have so many trouble with apostrophes?
>>
Every single steak I've had has been mediocre at absolute best, regardless of how it's been cooked. The only food more bland and overrated is sushi. I'll take an average burger over a "good" steak any day.
>>
>>20471474
>rare means the center is raw
it doesn't
>>
>>20474963
>>20476240
ignore the reddit "overcooked" meme, but the first pics are good, rare is not raw
>>
File: steak-doneness-levels.jpg (133 KB, 1200x2127)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>20476259
better pic maybe
>>
>>20471689
>gubmint cheez
Oh, lawdy. The memories. We'd get two of those a week. Best fucking grilled cheese sandwiches ever.
t.grew up wypipo-poor.
>>
>muh juices
Myoglobin and water is disgusting, fit fir animals such as brits and americans is no wonder this horrible way of having a steak is not seen anywhere else those shitholes
>>
>>20476272
>*angry brown sounds*
>>
File: IMG_3166.jpg (2.5 MB, 4032x3024)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>20471879
Nigger.
>>
>>20471879
>>inb4 one of you contrarian niggers claims to order rare steak all the time
tbf i usually order the local version of "rare", not because i want rare, but because if you order medium rare most times you get medium, and you can always ask them to cook it more here in most places
>>
>>20471492
>>20472879
You would order something worse than you would like it and still give the restaurant money in order to spite someone else, am I getting that right?
>>
>>20471478
Dats right ma shaman says da vaccin bad!
>>
>>20471492
>>20472879
>>20476306
i try not to spite people who handle my food, i know im gonna end up eating cum and loggies anyway from time to time, but i prefer to minimize the quantity that i end up swallowing
>>
>>20476272
literal minority noises
enjoy gnawing on a piece of leather for a decade
>>
File: q.jpg (92 KB, 511x600)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>20471492
I used to be a cook at Quincy's and I didn't give a damn how anyone ordered their steak. It was just another steak for some person I'd never see. Maybe if I were the head chef at some fancy restaurant where each cut of beef was hand selected, I'd have an opinion on how customers ordered things but at Quincy's I pulled steaks out of a box that came to us on a truck. I had no emotional connection to it.
>>20471694
Reagan gave that cheese out after discovering the government had a huge stock pile of it that it was spending insane amounts of money to keep refrigerated. The government once again has a huge stockpile, this time even larger than the one Reagan liquidated. Maybe we'll get some of it again.
>>
>>20476323
Listen to your shaman. He sounds smarter than you.
>>
>>20471516
Anti-vaccination propaganda (which existed before this decade) is the origin of the phrase "big pharma." Your sarcasm lands awkwardly.
>>
>>20476913
>The government once again has a huge stockpile, this time even larger than the one Reagan liquidated
What, seriously?
I think we really need to reassess how well agricultural subsidies and output quotas work if they just end up creating nightmarishly hueg piles of surplus.
>>
rarest steak possible please. as a hunk of meat.
i've had very good well-done steak that was in fajitas or in a sandwich, but i'd still prefer it rare.
my favorite is the white fat, like the cap on a ribeye
>>
File: parasites.jpg (34 KB, 500x561)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>20476259
>>20476267
>>
>>20474858
thats great grandpa, now tell us the story of the time you rimmed the guy in the club!
>>
>>20471499
>The word "holocaust" originally derived from the Koine Greek word holokauston, meaning "a completely (holos) burnt (kaustos) sacrificial offering."
Well done: it's annuduh shoah.
>>
>>20471595
There are a couple Japanese restaurants near me who use laminated menus for their sushi. You order with magic marker right on the menu. Their other dishes, that come from the kitchen and not the sushi bar, are on normal paper.
>>
>>20471474
Aren't steaks well done when you reheat any leftovers?
>>
>>20478423
>have birthday once a year
>aunt takes me out for dinner
>eat soup, salad, and either the mashed potatoes or asparagus
>too full
>eat one bite of steak
>take leftovers home
>fridge it
>get drunk
>stab cold steak with a fork and eat it like a popsicle
love cold steak, to "reheat it" you just set it out at room temperature like forgetting to put it back in the fridge and eating it after waking up
>>
>>20478423
my dad and I grill a whole pack of steaks, we grill the ones we are gonna eat medium rare, and the other ones rare, throw it in the oven for 5 minutes and you get a nice hot med rare steak whenever
>>
>>20478460
I can tell your test levels are through the roof because there's 0% faggy shit in this post
>>
>>20478517
Also i've always been attracted to her
>>
>>20478531
If you're high test you will want to pipe any ass you see and your thicc milfy aunt is no exception, I'm certain I'd feel the same
>>
File: aunt-cass-hangover_p.jpg (39 KB, 600x600)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>20478533
goddamn it, im going to beat to aunt cass tonight,
thanks a lot guys
>>
I like getting the lowest quality steaks and well-doing them. What's my diagnosis
>>
>>20478617
Insanely based
>>
>>20478460
I just take leftover cold steak and make a salad with it and have it on toasted bread. Cold steak is underrated, you'll still have the flavor from the sear.
>>
>>20471474
This chef hated you 7 lines of text ago, but whatever.
>>
>>20474850
Aren’t most chefs in the back ex-cons ?
>>
>>20479002
only in movies, looting is legal now in the US, no criminal is going to lose time frying your eggs
>>
>>20471474
>not burning the offering to zeus
>>
>>20479002
They're mostly Ecuadorians.
>>
>>20478460
>>stab cold steak with a fork and eat it like a popsicle
Based. My dad always used to cook huge flank steaks and then it in the fridge for his lunches, so I would cut off slices cold and eat them like pieces of jerky whenever I was home visiting. A+ shit.
>>
>>20471474
Why do so many retards lose the ability to taste meat if it's fully cooked?
It's fucking bizarre honestly.
>>
>>20480940
If I have a thick cut of steak, it’s always going to taste better at a nice medium rare to medium.
>>
>>20480987
Okay but why is YOUR tongue autism MY problem and why do you think your taste is DELICATE for being in fact DULLED and DEFICIENT?
Same shit with retards who drown everything out with heat and then talk about flavor.
>>
>>20471879
>>20471950
>>20472020

You all have intestinal parasites
>>
File: ApcCJdi.jpg (28 KB, 450x360)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>undercooking your meat because you can't keep it juicy otherwise and you're a failure as a cook
>>
>>20481445
You live in a shithole with no food standards.
>>
>>20471474
>center
ESL retard detected.
>>
>>20482397
The meat is great as it is, giving it a searing 600º crust just helps out. Any more than 20 seconds (each side) will start to toughen up the middle and make it worse
>>
>>20477655
https://modernfarmer.com/2022/05/cheese-caves-missouri/
they call it the strategic cheese reserve
>>
>>20474963
>blue rare
>>
>>20471474
I don't get Americans and their obsession with raw steaks
>>
File: Man.jpg (257 KB, 1140x906)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>20485524
It plebbitor type bug men who use it as a masculinity signal. Most people don't care how other people eat their steaks but for those very insecure about their masculinity, it's a quick and easy way to assert it. Same with making bacon a part of their identity.
It's funny because lots of these bug men are also male feminists who decry toxic masculinity. They prefer focus group created Masculinty-Product which can easily be purchased. Just like women all of a sudden deciding all at the same time that they all hate the word "moist", bug men jump on whatever Masculinity-Product meme is pushed down from above through the media.
>>
>>20482417
Judging by the prose I'd say it's a translated menu for foreigners. i.e. the restaurant is not in an English speaking country.
>>
>>20472020
Imagine caring this much about how your grandma eats her steak…
>>
>>20471474
If you can't cook a steak to done without drying it out you are either a shit cook or using shitty beef.
>>
>>20485640
Nah most nations aren't as autistic about gatekeeping food like americans are. Maybe italians.
>>
>>20471474
>raw
>raw
>raw
>almost done
>done
Was that hard, you pretentious raw meat eating faggot?
>>
>>20487288
Yeah listing that as the description for each level would sure be helpful to a customer wondering how to order their steak.
>>
>>20471977
>mom makes steak on my birthday when i flew in
>its well done, no pink at all. almost as dark as my immense disappointment
however in christmas she made a great prime rib so i give her a pass
one of the guys on my pool team brought steaks after the season was over and undercooked them to perfection. it was really rare, not quite blue rare but still. and they were fuckin delicious
>>
>>20474858
i have a strong feeling you're the guy from that other plan telling people to take a stack of resumes into random businesses to find work
gen x scum
>>
>>20481079
you have bad tastes and likely a little bit of the 'tism anon. maybe you're a midwesterner who thinks tabasco is spicy.
other people are, in fact, different from you and like different things. i'm sorry that's so hard for you to comprehend, but its the truth
>>
>>20482397
Roze my beloved...
>>
>>20478227
imagine being scared of food.
>>
Give me medium well because it’s the only way I ever seem to get a good crust (not burnt)
>>
File: 903reiysb6611.jpg (63 KB, 491x889)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>20471474
I like well done steak because it lasts longer and I enjoy chewing it on to savor the rub and flavor. I like medium rare/rare/etc. too but not as much.

I fucking hate shit like this because JUST COOK THE DAMN FOOD, YOU THREE STAR GOOGLE REVIEW CHEF. The customer is right. When you go to a restaurant you can order whatever the fuck you want but you are cooking for them. Stop being a pretentious food faggot and just cook the steak per the specific way the customer enjoys.

Fucking prick thinks he is Hank Hill or some shit. I wouldn't trust a restaurant like this to make a rare steak anyway they'll just end up undercooking it and leaving it filled with parasites or god knows what.
>>
>>20471474
>>
>>20471492
It's the easiest one to cook because you can just forget about it and let it burn, they won't know any better.
>>
>actually cooking your meat is bad ok
>>
>>20471474
>tfw always got well done as a kid because I thought it meant the chef did their best when cooking it.
>>
>>20471478
Hold on, I need to send this to your developers as a bug report:
>saw a post about steaks and went off about COVID boosters for no reason
>>
File: 1592910925338.jpg (244 KB, 1000x996)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>20471729

You eat your chicken and pork pink too? Are both of them always dry?
>>
>>20471499
Heated too long/too much -> overcooked -> "burnt."
>>20472944
>>20478263
You both fucking your wives right now? Because it's not that deep.
>>
>>20471729
based anon, reaping the butthurt of well done coocklets
>>
>>20478227
When has anyone been food-poisoned by a medium-rare steak?
>>
>>20471474
food is gay, you are gay
>>
>>20489524
You do know that type of cow parasite only gets into muscle tissue when it's an adult? Unless you're eating fucking intestines you'd physically see the parasites.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.