[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

My small town is building a truck stop 5 minutes from where I live. What am I in for?
>>
>>20473966
Build a whore house and sell to the truckers. They're some cool folk.
>>
>>20473966
A truck stop 5min from where you live.
>>
>>20473966
You can call it "The last stop on Planet Earth"
Right out of Twilight Zone.
>>
>>20473978
yeah. what is he in for
>>
>>20473966
I once worked at a diner in a truck stop
Because there was nothing else around
>>
>>20474002
A truck stop that is within 300 seconds of his place of dwelling.
>>
>>20474002
Hash browns and some weird hairs from some bitch that'll never shut up.
>>
>>20473966
who's the guy in the photo?
>>
Trash, piss jugs, lot lizards, street shitters 3 deep in a 2 bunk truck, urban youths, and old fat boomers
>>
Stand back, behold the proper diner dishes.
>>
File: Pity_The_Fool-Mr_T.jpg (44 KB, 353x500)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>20474027
That's Mr T and he's feeling mighty mean!
>>
>>20473966
Are those food portions photoshopped to be bigger?
>>
>>20474074
she looks kinda small framed in general but Midwesterners actually eat like that which is why they are all diabetic fat animals
>>
Fried Chicken - Meatloaf - Burgers - Pizza -
Spaghetti and Meatballs - Mashed Potatoes - Potato Wedges - Chocolate Cake - Apple Pie- Coffee - Hot Chocolate -Sweet Tea - Soda - Milk - Orange Juice - bacon - eggs - waffles - pancakes - break sausage - country ham - hashbrowns - grits - salad - catfish - pulled pork - cole slaw - potato salad - tuna salad - roast beef - tater tots - ice cream - chicken fried steak - pork chop - chuck wagon - chicken nuggets - pork burger - biscuits and gravy - soup beans - broccoli and cheese - green beans - gumbo - corn bread - baked beans - brisket - barbecue chicken - baked fish - jalapeno poppers - spanish rice - jambalaya - general tso's chicken - collard greens - vegetable soup - clam chowder - tacos - burritos - nachos - baked potato - deep fried mushrooms - pudding - milk shake -
>>
>>20473966
You pull in there, in something that doesn't have at least 10 wheels and they will beat you senseless and assrape you. The food might be good, though.
>>
>>20474240
eating like a king
>>
Lots of anonymous gay sex. Remember that proper glory hole etiquette is to knock before you cum
>>
>>20473966
Lots of engine braking. Good luck sleeping.
>>
>>20473966
Why isn't Dani's face pasted over the black lady's face?
>>
>>20473971
Make a clause that they need to pay triple for any hookers they kill. Most are good but you know there’s that one psycho who will accidentally do too far
>>
>>20474240
chili - hot dogs - chicken livers - beer - lasagna - corn on the cob - turkey and dressing - omelettes - macaroni salad - baked potatoes - pecan pie - jello - coconut cake - popsicles - chocolate lava cake - steak - macaroni and cheese - red potatoes with herbs - baked salmon - donuts - pickled bologna - french fries - cereal - scrambled eggs - cherry cheesecake - icee - chicken and dumplings - salisbury steak
>>
>>20473966
>truck stop
What brand?
>>
>>20475018
Going to be independently owned by a guy who owns a bunch of gas stations around here. This is his ultimate dream project.
>>
>>20475032
What state? Buccees are based, if you have one near you then I wouldn't plan on this place lasting very long.
>>
File: rotel.gif (182 KB, 594x574)
182 KB
182 KB GIF
>>20475016
A few cans of rotel might help if it gets dry.
>>
>>20473966
Truckers stinking up the bathrooms with their huge shits, a TV lounge where the truckers sit around watching TV and cussing, pay showers for the truckers to use (although you could go there and take a shower too),

If you're lucky you'll be in an area with a lot of Sikh truck drivers and the truck stop will have good Indian food. The best Indian food near me is at a big independent gas station just off the interstate that Sikh truckers stop at.
>>
>>20475050
Check out the good old fashioned farts from the wild wild west.
>>
>>20475039
KY. No Bucc-ees for many miles. Only two in the state.
>>
>>20475073
Trucker industry is going to be mostly automated in the next 5-10 years, and all these migrants are going to be babysitting them for a tenth of what it currently costs to pay a driver. Gonna be a magnet for poors unless the location is perfect.
>>
>>20475081
>Trucker industry is going to be mostly automated in the next 5-10 years,
People said that 10 years ago. Still hasn't happened! Even with the technology, there's going to be an enormous challenge getting the public to accept driverless cars.
>>
>>20475101
I would assume before the trucks will become driverless they'll become remotely driven, like a drone. With A.I. to take over in emergencies.
>>
>>20475101
Anon, they're not driverless. They have some spic sitting in them babysitting that just came out of a Venezualian prison. They're already doing it here on I-35 in centex.
>>
Are you guys retarded? AI drivers are dog shit. That technology isn't anywhere close to being viable. And there's all sorts of other logistical problems with them.
>>
>>20473966
Quite possibly the best steak and eggs that you've ever had will be on menu. A bakery that can compete in national championships, if the head baker desired to will also be in the building. Everything else is served in a can.
>>
>>20473966
Lot lizards
>>
>>20473966
red makeup is not for dark faces. I've always hated that.
>>
sounds like you should get your cdl
>>
>>20473966
>those portions
The very second she stops being physically active she will balloon in size jesus christ. Also female republican negro with tattoo's is an interesting aesthetic maybe
>>
>>20473966
Would.
>>
You can sell your bussy and make some good money.
>>
>>20473966
prostitution and meth
>>
>>20475961
Do truckers actually do much meth?
>>
>>20476351
no, but the prostitutes do.
>>
>>20476351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge-j2C-OGpo
>>
>>20473966
Easier access to drugs and hookers, and maybe hashbrowns too
>>
>>20473966
Would
>>
>>20474044
I can't get my birds to pose by cans, they're afraid of them. Probably because they were shipped to me in cans.
>>
>>20476351
I would imagine it's harder to do now and there's less point to it. When you could drive 20+ hours a day and all you had to do was lie about it then fuck yeah but now there's more to tracking truckers than just a paper log book.
>>
>>20474387
Nobody cares unless you block one of the diesel pumps with your VW.
>>
>>20475050
>Gas station Indian food
RIP your toilet
>>
File: I10.jpg (446 KB, 1772x1183)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>20475101
New technology rarely goes zero to 100 percent in one go. Automated truck driving probably will start with trucks going between the outskirts of cities in the southwest. A truck at the Port of Los Angeles gets driven by a human to Palm Springs and that driver picks up an empty in Palm Spring to bring back to the port while the truck drives itself on Interstate 10 to the outskirts of Phoenix where a human driver boards and drives it to the other side of Tucson at which point it drives itself to the edge of El Paso and the process repeats with the truck driving itself to the outskirts of San Antonio.
Local truckers are less expensive than cross country truckers and with the local distance segments of trips through low density areas handled by the automated driving, the labor expense goes down but isn't completely eliminated. Humans handle the tricky part in cities, the computer takes care of the boring rural sections.
We'll see something similar in food service, with more automation but not a complete elimination of humans. The last 10%-20% being left in the hands of humans maximizes efficiency.
>>
>>20476452
>Local truckers are less expensive than cross country truckers
no they are not. Being an OTR slave for a year or two is the bog standard for someone just getting a CDL
>>
>>20474074
pancakes are cheap as shit, a neat way to sell them is in gigantic form to differentiate.
>>
>>20475101
>Still hasn't happened!
It's already happening. The tech is there they've literally been waiting on the feds to okay it. One of the reason supply chains were so fucked by covid was they starting spinning down employment because they planned to okay driverless trucks in 2021, which got pushed back due to the pandemic(and teamsters obviously)
>>20476452
This anon has it right. They're automating the long-distance parts, and will assuage teamster fears by saying they won't replace last-mile shipping and certain dangerous loads so they'll still have shit to do
That being said, food service has already become more automated, and it's going to get worse because there was a big shift where people stopped doing shitty service jobs for no money after covid.
>>20473966
The occasional blind-drunk trucker getting caught beating a hooker, and claims of the best bacon and eggs while being dry as shit
>>
>>20476750
>It's already happening.
It's been "already happening" for years. You underestimate the amount of pushback, not just from unions, but the general public. It took years and an ungodly amount of hassle just to get the workers and unions at shipping ports to accept shipping containers 50+ years ago. With this, you've got a big mess of unions, independent truckers, non-unionized truckers, and a public that's very skeptical and nervous about self-driving vehicles.
>>
File: 11DOGS1-superJumbo.jpg (284 KB, 2048x1371)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>20473966
Imagine the braps
>>
>>20473966
gay sex, trannies
>>
>>20473966
That's a Navy flag. Is that some kind of veterans diner?
>>
>>20473966
Bloody toilets
>>
>>20476750
Why can't a guy just drive the truck from an office across the country? Video games already have < 50ms latency over networks. If the connection fails an A.I. can kick in to pull the truck off the road.
>>
>>20477112
It's from a place called Arlene's Truck Stop.
https://wbxxfm.com/michigan-residents-tackle-the-beast-burger-challenge/

This order is called the "Freight Liner".
>>
>>20473966
A strip club or two, with buffets, will be built somewhere nearby, too. Also, streetwalkers will coalesce in the area. Also, gas prices will likely start dropping, slightly from the new whale customers, because they want to lure them inside their stores.
>>
>>20474836
This guy fucking knows. Bye bye, quality-of-life and property values. You might be able to get the town to put up a few "no engine/jake braking" signs, but no cop will want to sit around enforcing it.
>>
>>20473966
Gay sex
>>
>>20473966
Aside from the issues with traffic, noise, crime, etc... you might actually get a halfway decent new diner. Because truckers are always squawking on that CB, word gets around, and there's usually always another truck stop within the next hour's haul.... so it's hard to imagine a shitty truck stop diner staying in business for long. The menu will have nothing to exciting but you'll never leave hungry.

(/o/ used to have a truckerfag general, would have been nice to ask there, but I think it died after all the posters died of literal actual AIDS from truckstop hookups)
>>
>>20473966
Basic truck stop diner breakfasts like a couple eggs over easy, a couple links of sausage, crispy hashbrowns, toast with a cup of coffee, and a glass of ice water served by some 50 year old chainsmoking waitress with a disdainful attitude is one of the greatest experiences america has to offer and I say that with the highest level of praise.
Fuck... now I'm hell bent on going to the closest Flying J with a diner this weekend now
>>
>>20477821
You just know this guy falls in love with every prostitute he beds
>>
>>20478419
After eating all that? Impressive.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.