[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cm/ - Cute/Male

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Yearly thread of 2024 - Honnouji anime soon!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: GI45BY4XgAAnxIQ.jpg (663 KB, 1426x2048)
663 KB
663 KB JPG
Is anyone here excited for the new anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLMm6Wsg3kk
>>
File: (3619).jpg (335 KB, 2048x1152)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
>>3876159
>Incredibly predictable and bland choice of Main characters
>Not a single boy who wasn't at launch 9 years ago
mmmmmcan't say I'm that interested honestly. I like Souza but honestly don't like Manba or Mikazuki because they're front and center in fucking everything. Tourabu isn't exactly storytelling masterwork so why the fuck does it always have to be the same characters over and over again?
>because they're the most popular characters
maybe if you let someone else have a bit of focus they might actually get some popularity of their own. I do like a fair amount of the background boys but since they're background boys who knows how much screentime they'll get.
>>
File: FmBp6JTacAEg1uE.jpg (583 KB, 1000x1100)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
>>3876175
The cast in this were chosen for their connections to Nobunaga save for the attendants/starter. The plot was written in 2016 so the swords available would have been mostly starting roster, though fair point that they should have updated and added more character perspectives given it's a new adaptation and they have 10-12 episodes to fill with a two hour stage play.
>>
File: GJllyFeacAEbPqj.jpg (258 KB, 946x1200)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
New poster
>>
File: MANba.gif (157 KB, 834x600)
157 KB
157 KB GIF
>>3876159
hoping to god the animation doesn't reach absolute derp levels like hanamaru s2

>>3876175
it looks to be a mix of hanamaru slice of life shenanigans and katsugeki seriousness, might be cool
>>
File: D-Jji4uU0AAJNVd.png (40 KB, 172x454)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>3876159
I wish they had made a brand new project instead of adapting a stage play that we all already know. Still, I'm very happy that we're getting this at all and I'll be there in the threads, hopefully it'll be fun.
>>
File: (4011).jpg (59 KB, 601x777)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
I love him and I miss him dearly
>>
https://twitter.com/touken_kai/status/1774396091334791614?t=Q-yD70yQG9g_IzdzhiWLVQ&s=19 OP for the new anime. It's embarrassingly bad.
>>
File: (3460).jpg (569 KB, 1785x2048)
569 KB
569 KB JPG
>>3878247
Yeah honestly that doesn't really fit at all. Just seems like some generic j-pop, which doesn't really fit with the more historical and traditionalist style of tourabu. But I suppose they've been moving away from that for a while now, since they updated the opening movie and Layout of the game. Just seems like a poor choice to me.
>>
>>3878247
Am I the only person here who liked it?
>>
>>3876159
>No simulcast
Weird.
>>
>>3876159
I was until I found out that nobody picked it up for subs, not even one of the SEA sites. Hope it gets fansubbed, but I doubt it will.
>>
>>3878556
>>3878808
Maybe they'll announce it later? I remember series that only had a simulcast after they had already started! For example, wasn't Braverns like that? It took a week to start the simulcast and then the first two episodes came out with subtitles together
>>
>>3878841
I hope that doesn't become a trend. That would really suck in this case since it's only getting 8 episodes to begin with. Also, there were at least subs available from other sources with Bravern's first episode, so we weren't beholden to Crunchyroll's stupid schedule.
>>
File: (3833).jpg (175 KB, 1280x2048)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>3878808
>>3878841
Guessing they saw that warriors underperformed in the english market and the EN server got shut down and decided not to bother with the English market anymore. Pay no mind to the fact that neither received any sort of marketing whatsoever so anyone who would play them would have had a pre-existing interest in the franchise, and that the EN server was run by incompetent apes who stuck it on a website filled with hentai games, which apparently were the priority over the literal only reason anyone ever visited the website. (Me? Bitter? perish the thought). Anyway, I wouldn't hold out hope for any sort of subbing, I don't think the hanamaru movies ever received them.
>>
File: 01.jpg (417 KB, 1920x1080)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
I remember there was a similar issue back when Zoku Hanamaru aired, Crunchyroll took days to upload it. I'm not too optimistic since nobody cared enough to sub the Hanamaru movies, but hopefully this will get more attention.

Anyway everyone looks beautiful and there's no quality for now. Fudou a best. The main cast is the same as the stage play but at least the other swords are allowed to exist around and even talk, maybe they'll get more screentime thanks to the original anime scenes. Also the OP isn't that bad, it's fine. I'm looking forward to weekly swords again.
>>
>>3878853
Fansubbing is dead now? This is why we can't rely on the anti priacy moralfags. Series like this that won't get picked up by Crunchyroll and that has limited appeal in the West will never get anything, when it used to.
>>
I could give the subs a shot if there's a JP sub so I can automate part of the process. Haven't been able to find anything tho.
>>
>>3878886
>Fansubbing is dead now?
astroninjagirl.co.uk is someone who's just started fansubbing the stage plays, got one out so far
>>
Looks like there's a DeepL subbed version on Nyaa
>>
>>3878915
A bit jank so far, but better than nothing, I suppose.
>>
File: nervoushori.png (230 KB, 419x388)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
Downloaded the low res raw thinking I'll just watch it through to see how the story is handled and take caps later when subs come out late. Took fifty caps. My opinions so far:
>geez Tourabu Kai, how come DMM lets you have two EDs? Was this designed to put viewers to sleep before the ep starts or did they just need that Kpop money?
>what the fuck is wrong with CG in 2024? We have seriously gone backwards on rendering styles, even MMD users pick better shaders. The toxic gas they emit is not hiding enough of this but that's its only saving grace compared to shit like Dolkness's dragon
>they actually modelled all the details and made unique walk/leap animations for these enemies and they still can't be fucking arsed to make them look like they aren't a compositing demo
>who decided the animals need flat eyeballs
>honmaru water so good it makes scars vanish uueee
>saniwa is girl?
>HELL YEAH MAGIC DISAPPEARING TIGS
>I like Yagen's medicine stairs
>everyone's eyes are trying to widescreen letterbox off their gotdamn face
>Midare staring into the void is accurate though, they got that right
>SLOW MO CHROMAB. SLOW MO CHROMAB. WHO HERE LIKES MIGRAINES IN EVERY OTHER ACTION SHOT?
>Fudou my beloved, you can do nothing wrong, you bring the banter and the BGM
>yeah people lookin' kinda sunburnt with this gradient shit and bloom
>oh jesus Uguisu you are uncanny as all fuck what happened
>that's right Fudou, ignore that roof man, he's not even real, he has no comrades
>saniwa is doll?
>we will not hear saniwa
>we hear saniwa, fuck that's a lame voice, he sounds like a villain who dies after two episodes. No wonder they tried to omit it for an extra 50 seconds
>glad we saved some budget for Konnosuke having a sparkly necktie with autumnal flower designs but can you at least go back and check your settei before throwing the fill tool around, thanks
https://catbox.moe/c/gg2j0c
Overall, good depiction of domestic honmaru with a variety of swords. Ep builds up unease with Souza well.
>>
There's better subs on Nyaa now.
>>
File: (3882).jpg (316 KB, 2480x2480)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>
I just realized that the IP counter is gone now
>>
File: GKoVDpdb0AEn25C.jpg (309 KB, 800x1333)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
Tomitago, new uchi
>>
>>3880275
For some reason I keep reading his name as tomato egg. Tomato egg on toast. The fuck is that trouser leg.
>>
>>3879796
1st Hanamaru movie subs too. If you have the raw downloaded you can grab the .ass file by looking up the subbed release on animetosho.

2nd Kai episode subs are hardsubbed only so far but they're out.

>>3880270
Yeah been that way a while now, seen some conspiracy theories about it but it might just be saving resources. So many fights happen over IP counts for no reason.
>>
File: *grabs your dick*.webm (1.02 MB, 1280x720)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB WEBM
>>
File: (4254).jpg (1.9 MB, 2508x3541)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
>>
File: ichi-no.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1080)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>literally no one is watching it
It's over.
>>
>>3882137
I'm sorry anon, I fell asleep during ep 2 after finding four colouring errors in the first quarter. I made it to the end but went to bed without posting my thoughts again.
>>
File: (4202).jpg (632 KB, 692x1024)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
>>3882137
I'm watching it, just haven't had much to say on it yet
>>
File: GKKhM-kaYAA1geT.jpg (185 KB, 850x850)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
Crunchyroll just picked up Kai, so no more Comic Sans hardsubs at least.
>>
>>3882345
Incredible! But I admit I'm still waiting for them to have Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Setsugetsuka on the website! What are the chances of them being subtitled?
>>
File: 116294429_p0.jpg (178 KB, 600x600)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>3882371
I doubt it. They already had ample time to license those and never bothered. At least the first one has fansubs now.
>>
File: RBRBRHWHWHSBSBRHHBSH.png (767 KB, 739x560)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
There it is! Hasebe's trademark rocket legs!
>>
>>
>>3880275
>>3883032
He looks so 90's
>>
File: swords.jpg (363 KB, 2048x1152)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
I liked the episode 4, I liked the various interactions between the swords, I'm enjoying the series, I don't understand why people are so worried about the studio, I'm liking the anime.

But I didn't watch the stage play, how does the anime compare to the stage play?
>>
>>3883738
The anime is surprisingly better than I expected, but still low quality for something as big as Tourabu. I don't blame the studio for this, but the management of Tourabu as a whole. They surely have enough money from the stage plays and musicals to put more effort towards other projects, but they know that fans will eat the bare minimum slop they pump out, and fans very much encourage their laziness. Just look at what happened to Musou. I like it better than both Hanamaru and Katsugeki though, which again is a surprise because I expected to hate it. The characters are better written than in Hanamaru, where everyone is a walking trope and following popular headcanons, and in Katsugeki where their personalities were straight up massacred or are nothing at all. Character designs are better than Hanamaru as well.

With the short number of episodes, I find that the emotional impact and how the scenes are executed fall flat in comparison to the stage plays because everything is rushed, but the voice actors still do a great job. This adaptation isn't meant to be 1:1 with the stage play version though, and it does show in terms of characterization. This isn't a bad thing, as I like seeing the differences. For example, Souza is much more withdrawn when Fudou and Hasebe argue over Nobunaga, while in the stage play he punches Hasebe across the face. Fudou also hams it up in the stage play with his alcoholism and people may find him annoying with how flippant he is. In the anime, it's easier to sympathize with him because he's not shitfaced and less provocative and more focus is put on his love for Nobunaga. It's nice that the anime is somewhat of a bridge between the first stage play and the third, and gives some screentime for characters from other plays. I'm also glad there's less focus on Jijii and Manba so far, because I hate how much they're shilled together in everything.
tl;dr it's fine but could have been much more.
>>
File: GDtjlPrbUAADd5D.jpg (128 KB, 1200x971)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>
File: (4152).jpg (3.77 MB, 4800x3300)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB JPG
>>3883766
>Just look at what happened to Musou.
Musou wasn't lazy, it had a lot of flaws like in the mission structure and it was far too easy but you could tell they did actually put effort into other parts like the character models, animations and dialogue. Yeah it could have been much better but you can't say it was a low effort game.
>>
>>3883877
It's not Musou that I'm calling lazy. I do agree that the characters and relationships are handled well and the models are fine, and the game is generally well liked by fans. Despite the success and positive reception, there's no further updates such as DLC of additional characters, or even a sequel. You could argue that the plot had a proper conclusion and a sequel isn't needed, or that Koei Tecmo wouldn't find it profitable or worth the effort to make a sequel, but I get the impression that the original management doesn't want to continue building upon Musou because fans will settle with just one game. They're always doing the bare minimum outside of the stage plays and musicals.
>>
So I should buy Warriors?
>>
File: (4157).jpg (341 KB, 1624x1158)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>3883916
I'm I pretty staunch defender of the game and I have to say the game's really flawed. The missions are really short, most barely lasting 5 minutes (there are a lot of them though) and a lot probably could have been merged into each other, the gameplay isn't particularly complex even for a musou and even on the hardest difficulty it's piss easy. Where the game shines is it's characters, story (Y'know, for Tourabu), animations and music. The characters are translated incredibly well from the online game to 3d, they look just like how the original artists drew them and they have the combat and awakening poses in game. You might not actually be doing much in gameplay but since it's so flashy you won't really care, and the music really adds to the whole thing, the soundtrack's great. I got enough into the story to get emotional near the end, maybe that's just me. Wouldn't really say the game's worth the full price, if you can grab it on sale. if you're on PC make sure you have a controller, and if you do get it make sure to max out Homokage's bonds with everyone.
>>
>>3883766
I would say that while Hanamaru focused more on Kashuu and Yasusada, and Katsugeki on Yoshiyuki and Izuminokami, I would say that Souza Samonji seems to be the main protagonist in Kai.
>>
A new sword? Already? But we just had a new sword
>>
>>3884221
He looks like a slut with gas oven knobs.
>>
Today's technology is amazing.
>>
File: (4370).jpg (145 KB, 1108x1108)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>
File: GMUgOhLXIAAyVsG.jpg (354 KB, 800x1333)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
Taikei Naotane

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.