[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712653810255413.png (1.71 MB, 2624x1080)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
https://the-conservatory.fandom.com/wiki/The_/co/nservatory_Wiki

Past threads:
https://desuarchive.org/co/search/text/the-conservatory%20wiki/type/op/
>>
File: 1712882870656602.png (574 KB, 3161x2598)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
>How does this work?

>It works like a community toy chest. In the /coc/ threads you are free to post whatever ideas/settings/characters you want, but you have to be OK with other people playing with them (tweaking them, putting them in stories, using them for things, etc.)
>There's no guarantee that what you post will catch on either.

>If the OC you are posting is YOURS for something you are personally doing, then it would go to the "How is your webcomic?" threads.
>If you just want feedback on an OC of yours, then it would go in the "donut steel" threads or drawthreads.

If the thread dies suddenly or you still want to discuss something when there's no thread:
https://boards.plus4chan.org/coc/

Last time:
-Dynamo greentexts continue, plus discussion
-New pics
-New Lustless comic page
-Doodles
-Boy-at-arms idea
-Other stuff I didn't mention
>>
>>143193204
Did the drawpile expanded? I Don't remember some of the drawings from the last thread.
>>
>>143193821
It's last week's drawpile pic posted in the thread.

Speaking of,
>>143166258
The thing with cults is they splinter quickly and then cannibalize each other shortly after the death or removal of the leader.

>>143167076
My logic is that the rate of entropy is a universal constant, but with multiple timelines in play the perception of the rate is increased by 100% from within the connected universes/timelines.
>>
How ya guys doing?
>>
>>143167076
>>143193913
It doesn't necessarily mean that Arthur would be able to juggle timelines just because the word "entropy" is involved.
At the level he is right now, it's like asking your rank and file pyrokineticist to hit planck temperature.
>>
File: goji_rodeo.png (15 KB, 400x400)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>143193821
drawpile makes it easy to make the canvas bigger on the fly. part of the reason we like to use it. so we usually start with the normal 1080 resolution and go from there.
>>
>>143193204
I spot a cute Stretcherous.
>>
>>143194349
That's a loaded question.

>>143194361
But he would be able to feel the "speed" of entropy increase, wouldn't he? That's useful in itself to know when timelines have been split.
>>
Here's something that came to me in a drawpile.

what's a /coc/ character setup you would have for art template/memes/"your oc here" things?
>>143193204 , for example, has Ladybug, /Co/nrad and Colby doing the Dr. Livesey walk
>>
>>143195729
I didn't put much thought into the sensory side of his abilites up to this point mostly because being able to feel the universe die one second at the time invites even more existentially unpleasant inquiries, but it's not unreasonable to assume that he might be able to detect phenomena which drastically affects its rate.
Who knows. maybe it can even allow him to do stuff like seeing/feeling dark matter unassisted.
>>
>>143196314
Wouldn't he be a fun guy to have in the lab. Like a glorified canary.
>>
>>143196381
>fun guy
Apt choice of words.
>>
>>143196551
He's torn between bailing through a crack and sticking around to see how far the theoretical physics become actual physics.
>>
>>143197673
Who else is present in this hypothetical?
>>
>>143197929
Lila of course.
And others.
>>
>>143195852
>what's a /coc/ character setup you would have for art template/memes/"your oc here" things?
I did my best with the "I love /coc/" thing, though I can't put hands to it right now.
>>
>>143198278
Sounds like fun.
You know, one of the main problems I've ran into while trying to write Arthur as a civvie is that he can't really initiate most interactions, so he often needs others to do that for him. I probably better address that at some point.
>>
>>143194361
But as >>143195729 said, maybe he feels the rate of entropy changing. Or some physical sounding thing like that.
If Arthur suddenly felt a 9th level quake in the fabric of the universe, what would he do? Who would he tell?
>>
>>143199657
He'd probably put on his mask and launch an investigation, although "I felt like something happened somewhere/everywhere" isn't much to go off of.
Realistically, he might try to (begrudgingly) give a heads up to Coalition, cosmic stuff isn't his usual scene unless he gets roped into it.
>>
File: Ladybug51.jpg (1.23 MB, 2190x1672)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>143199657
>>143199853
If true, he'd be a valuable early warning device for the Evilverse, which is the way it is mostly because of constant and unpredictable incursions from eldritch beings.
>>
>>143199356
Even if he is just reactive as a civvi, civvie life is nothing but being constantly poked and prodded. Bills, notices, invitations, applications, spam, solicitation, etc. It is exceptionally hard to be solitary. He'd need to crawl into one of his cracks in reality for that, and even in there there's probably some giant eyeball watching him at all times.

>>143199657
I imagine the easiest way for him to perceive it is the interior of his cracks being put into 2X speed or more.
>>
>>143199853
So it wouldn't be enough that he feels the change to get him involved personally. Then, if I were the writer, I would make the entropy quake the foreshadowing, and Arthur would feel it at a time where he can't do anything about it (maybe he's with Lila, maybe other things) and he's immediately tasked with another problem that is related to the quake without his knowledge.
Does this sound interesting? Idk...
>>
>>143199930
I didn't think about the Evilverse...
Man, this plot grows in scope by the minute.
>>
>>143199937
There are still some situations where I'd rather have him be the one who opens conversations, mainly the ones where he has to make his superhero case move forward as a civvie.
But of course, there are also ways to make lemonade:
>Arthur utilising Lila's disarming personality by taking note of body language and other such things while she talks to people who are of interest to him
>>143200115
I dunno, him getting involved might be a great opportunity to showcase a more destructive side of his abilities since it's something he can't normally do.
>>
>>143200140
Does the Evilverse count as a split timeline? Yes, I'd say, they split a long time ago. That means the feeling Arthur gets from entropic decay has always been moving at a rate of at least 200%. If the Evilverse were to sudden cease existing, then everything would feel like it started moving in slow motion.

The reason why no one can get the correct measure of entropy is because the baseline of the universe is already accelerated due to multiple timelines existing before the first attempt at measuring. From a human standpoint anyway.
>>
>>143200351
>a great opportunity to showcase a more destructive side of his abilities since it's something he can't normally do.
That would be really cool, also because he doesn't have the chance often.
>>143200894
>The reason why no one can get the correct measure of entropy is because the baseline of the universe is already accelerated due to multiple timelines existing before the first attempt at measuring. From a human standpoint anyway.
Are we talking about real life or about the /coc/ fictional universe? Because if it's real life, I think I should check some books, because I don't remember entropy working like that. I remember it being like energy, meaning that you can't really measure it, but you can measure it's changes.
I don't know for sure though, it's a complex subject.
>>
>>143201440 (me)
>you can measure it's changes.
Nevermind, I change my former statement, because I'm almost sure you can't even measure it directly.
I have much studying to do.
>>
>>143201440
>>143201487
I was talking about the /coc/verse, not real life.
Entropy could be one of the big scientific conundrums in-universe.
>>
File: 4ma snowy.png (95 KB, 934x1012)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>
GG comic idea
>Golden Girl is captured by a magician and put in a thin box.
>It's set up for 3 boxes to be cut in half by 3 different saw blades with Silver Queen will only be able to stop one, but will it be the one with GG in it?
>Silver Queen arrives but find the magician isn't ready yet since they are still having trouble keeping one box closed. (because GG is not as thin as she seems)
>Magician is foiled and GG is saved

Any thoughts?
>>
>>143202999
The mad magician cackles to himself as he closes the box and walks away, but his mirth is cut short by the sound of the box swinging opening
>She's escaping?! But how?!"
He races back over to the box, but GG is still tied up inside of it. He closes the box and turns around, the box bursts open again.
He flies around in a rage and closes the box again, this time he eyes it, he gets closer giving the box the evil eye. The box flies open again giving him a black eye as he falls to the floor and rolls backwards, clutching his new shiner. As he looks up, SQ is looming over him.

Those are my thoughts.
>>
>>143203066
>>143202999
This sounds painful.
>>
>>143202999
>>143203066
I can see this working. And you got good digits, so this must mean something, right?
>>
>>143202999
>>143203066
Meh.
>>
>>143203255
Hey, be nice.
>>
>>143203112
I feel there should be a "puff out your chest" joke said by SQ at the end or something.

>>143203162
The meh anon also got digits, so I wouldn't read too much into it.
>>
>>143203066
I like it

>>143203112
>>143203162
>>143203255
I appreciate the feedback
>>
>>143203563
Tom and Jerry was at their peak during that era, so I wanted to lean into that a little.

Goodnight.
>>
File: techvatar lineup.png (27 KB, 1120x600)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>
>>143202999
I do wonder at times that GG discussion sometimes focuses too much on world building and not enough on stories about her boobs
>>
>>143205476
Isn't developing the environment and setting a must before you tell stories? Otherwise some anons will get cufused and question or complain on a subject they don't agree on. I don't know, she is public domain after all and anyone could make up whatever story I guess.
>>
>>143205613
Nta, but sometimes you can grasp the problems with the setting by telling stories.
>>
>>143205476
I'll admit I'm focused on character development out of spite.
>>
Page 10 bump!
>>
Good morning
>>
>>143205476
>>143205613
>>143205642
Every so often I'll make an effort to take a bunch of the world building discussion and try to wrap it into a story that reveals that stuff to the reader so it's not just exposition dump.
Like with Doug's detective mentor.

Results are varied though.
>>
>>143207043
I feel you, anon. I try to do the same in another thread.
Are your stories on the wiki? I wanna see your efforts.
>>
>>143207564
A lot of them are. I'm also the Bullion writer.

The one with Doug isn't on there yet.
My wiki to-do list is:
-Remove Billy's Hero from the scripts page since it was drawn into a comic
-Update Heartbreaker's page since I found his origin thread
-Add the Photo Phony (title still pending?) script to the GG scripts page

There's probably other things, like making a list of all the new developments over the past couple months for the year end recap, but I just haven't had time for any of it with how my life is right now.
>>
File: 1711465333495902.png (502 KB, 1377x1160)
502 KB
502 KB PNG
>>
>>143199930
It was mentioned in passing during one of the drawpiles, but there's a good chance that Arthur wasn't even born in the Evilverse.
>>
>>143209772
Whatever cult his dad is linked to probably doesn't exist there either.
>>
>>143209772
Still, if Ladybug can travel there, Arthur presumably can. Even if the crackrooms don't allow interdimensional travel, there's always super-science.
>>
>>143210392
The mainverse Playwright is basically a one-man cult since he has Actors.
He's always been a solo act, as having the opportunity to learn from an actual demon ended up being a fast track to the upper echelons of occult prowess.
Therefore, he never went through the rigamarole of butchering goats with a bunch of robe-wearing dilettantes for a slither of otherworldly attention.
>>
Also, I remembered the discussion about how Playwright would interact with other villains a while ago and now I feel like he would absolute hate Sharpshipper's guts simply because of how "kitsch" she is at playing with human life.

>Milquetoast carnal attraction? How droll. Have one of them kill the other in a jealousy-induced hysteria and then you'll have something even approximately salvageable, you terminally untalented sow.
>>
>>143211253
She's just a kid, give her time to stew in her paraphilias and become one of those shippers obsessed with art of Dream and Jerma being cannibalized or whatever!
>>
>>143211309
Playwright is basically Terence Fletcher of psychologically terrorising people and trying to pass it as "art". He is also an extreme megalomaniac. For him, there are no excuses for hackjob performances (i.e. the ones that aren't his).
>>
>>143211253
He's just asking to get shipped with a street lamp doing that.
>>
>>143211866
I'm sure he'd make a riveting tragedy of it!
>>
Le Bump Rise again!
>>
>>143205476
How bout this, you think GG doesn't need a bra under GG suit?
>>
>>143213986
Probably easier if she didn't.
>>
Time for the weekly Ladydoodle! Check the image in the post for instructions.

Session Url:drawpile://friendly-drawing.crabdance.com/01hvj1k0hxpsbng6x6vvrgax88

Password: butts
>>
File: Spoiler Image (483 KB, 1622x2462)
483 KB
483 KB PNG
Page 10 on a monday?
>>
Anyone awake?
>>
>>143216047
Happens more often than you think.

Cute pic. She's gonna turn someone to stone.

>>143216049
Yeah. Just super tired.
>>
>>143216091
Typical Mondays lol.
>>143216047
I'm honored to lose by two seconds on the main GG artists.
>>
>>143216047
That's super cute!
>>
Goodnight everyone.
>>
>>143216047
This is fucking hot. Squish and push is the best, I gotta draw some too
>>143214593
Yes
>>
>>143214593
Would be very noticeable on cold missions
>>
>>143213986
She absolutely has one; at least one script and one existing comic to my knowledge hinges on it.
>>
>>143218429
Couldn't she wear her GG suit under her GG sweater suit? I don't think even Billy would know.
>>
>>143218540
Would GG have a winter style suit or would that be more of a 80s/90s toyetic thing?
>>
>>143218765
Just a normal old style hoodie sweater like PC did.
>>
>>143218765
>>143218918
I've been thinking there should be a silver age Batman style piece that shows their special costumes in display cases or something like that but it seemed like a pretty big undertaking.
We do have a couple different potential takes on a winter version of Audrey's costume though. One by Vaan and one by Pennicandies, IIRC.
>>
File: 1684599762306783.png (950 KB, 1920x1080)
950 KB
950 KB PNG
This week drawpile.
Hagfish must've really rubbed off on anons here with his most recent works.
>>
>>143219728
>Sharpshipper goes from stinky otaku to bishoujo just by taking off her glasses.
Only in my chinese cartoons.
>>
>>143218765
There's a comic about her winter clothes coming unraveled.

>>143219728
Who is being mean to /co/le? Someone is going to get a smiting.
If it's the goddess then she'll still think it's someone else being mean to /co/le other than her and go on the warpath.
>>
>>143219728
No GG pics this time though.
>>
Le Bump Never Back Down!
>>
For the ones who are following the story here's some context for this filler greentext, this takes place in the timeline where Joe died from an Alien Virus or the Mighty-Beaver (Adult Willow)'s Timeline, and it was before Kayla's birth.
this is a kinda wholesome and sad Greentext about accepting death, Please Enjoy
>Dynamo League Smalls: You live once and Die Twice.

>The aura in the Filberts' house was grim and you could feel it once you entered the house.
>Joe got an alien virus that was making him weaker every day, he got it after a comet hit the earth and he went to clean the aftermath.
>Liza was devastated by this news but she tried her best to be strong for her Husband and their adopted daughter, Willow.
>Willow was deeply affected by the news that her father was terminally ill, she locked herself in her room only coming to eat.
> The illness made Joe lose weight and muscles, Stopping him from doing his Hero duties as The Green Guardian and forcing him to stay home and let Willow take her place as Mighty-Beaver.
>Joe sat down for dinner with both Willow and Liza, they started eating their dinner with Joe enjoying the food that Willow made with a huge smile on his face.
>Joe: "Oh my god Willow, you are getting good at cooking!"
>Willow nodded and then continued eating her dinner in silence with Liza doing the same.
>Joe felt the grim air in the dinner.
>Joe(sarcastically): "What's the matter? you didn't like my compliment haha"
>Joe then coughed a little, Liza rushed to his aid while Willow didn't want to make eye contact.
>Joe chuckled a little and wiped his mouth.
>Joe(jokingly): "That was a strong one, I saw my life playing in front of me HAHA"
>Willow(under her breath): "Don't say that..."
>Joe: "You said something Kiddo?"
>Willow stood up with an angry expression on her face.
>>
>>143222583
>Willow(angrily shouting): "DON'T SAY THAT! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DIE DAD!!"
>Joe looked at her daughter fighting the tears.
>Liza: "Willow, hon sit down. and Joey...she's right don't Say something like this."
>Joe nodded and looked at both of them, his tone changed from sarcastic to caring.
>Joe(Softly): "Liz, Willow... there's something I need to say. I've come to accept that... I won't be here until next year. The doctors have told me... my time is running short."
>Liza(Tears streaming down her face): "Oh, Joe..."
>Joe(Reaches out to wipe her tears):"Don't cry, my love. It's okay. I've made my peace with it. I just want... I want to make sure you both know how much you mean to me."
>Willow(Sniffling):"NO!NO! YOU ARE NOT DYING!"
>Joe: "Willow...I know it's hard to hear, my precious Daughter. But it's the truth. And I need you both to be strong for each other. You are the pillars of strength in our family, and you must lean on each other in the days to come.
>Liza wiped away tears, nodding in agreement. Willow's lip trembled, but she held back her tears, determined to stay strong for her father.
>Willow stood up and went to her room, crying all the way.
>Liza: "Willow!"
>Joe( gathering his thoughts): "It's okay Liz I will talk with her later...Liz, my dear wife... you have been my rock, my anchor through the stormy seas of life. You've stood by my side through thick and thin, and I am grateful for every moment we've shared together."
>Liza took Joe's hand, tears streaming down her cheeks. She squeezed it tightly, her love for him evident in her eyes.
>Joe (Takes a deep breath): "We... we were going to have another daughter. Kayla. She... she won't get to meet me, but I want her to know... I want her to know that her father loved her. That I always wanted to meet her, to hold her in my arms and watch her grow."
>Liza nodded with a gentle smile.
>>
>>143222599
>Joe (Continued):" Liz... please, when Kayla is old enough, tell her about me. Let her know that her father may not be here, but his love will always be with her. And... and I'm sorry, Liza. I'm sorry I won't be there for her."
>Liza Squeezed his hand, tears streaming down her face and promising him that she will.
>Joe(Smiling weakly):" It's okay, Liz. It's... it's the circle of life. We... we must accept that everything has an ending. But what's important is what we do with the time we have. Make every moment count, cherish every laugh, every smile."
>Liza nodded and hugged her husband tightly.
>He hugged her back tearing up a little, and kissing her on her forehead.
>Joe: "Now I must show Willow before I go"
>Joe stood up and went up the stairs to Willow's room.
>The room was locked so he knocked on the door.
>Joe: "Hey Willow, it's me"
>Willow asked him to enter, and as he entered he found her sobbing in her bed and found some holes in the wall from her punches.
>Joe sat next to her in the bed and started comforting her.
>joe(Softly, with a weak but gentle voice): "Willow, my sweet girl... come closer."
>Willow(Tears welling up in her eyes):" Yes, Dad?"
>Joe (Gazed at her with a mixture of love and sadness):" I want to tell you something... something important. You see, my dear, life... life is a beautiful and precious thing. But it's also fleeting. Like a delicate flower that blooms for a moment and then withers away."
>Willow ( trying to hold back her tears):" I know, Dad... but it's so hard to accept."
>>
>>143222619
>Joe (Squeezing her hand gently): "I know, sweetheart. It's hard for all of us. But death... death is not something to be feared. It's a part of nature, a part of the cycle of life. It's... it's bittersweet, yes, but it's also beautiful in its own way."
>Willow: "How can death be beautiful, Dad?!"
>Joe (Smiling):" Because it reminds us of the preciousness of life. It reminds us to cherish every moment, every laugh, every tear. And most importantly, it reminds us to love fiercely and deeply.">Willow: (Wiping her tears) I... I understand, Dad.
>Joe: "You and your mother, Liz... you were my reasons, my purpose. You gave me the strength and the will to make my life a wonderful and joyful adventure. And for that, I am eternally grateful."
>Willow: "Dad..."
>Joe: (Continuing):" So, my dear Willow, promise me this... promise me that you will always live your life to the fullest. Chase your dreams, love with all your heart, and never, ever take a moment for granted to always fight for justice and righteousness and be the hero that I always wanted you to be"
>Willow(Noding, tears streaming down her face):" I promise, Dad. I'll make you proud, I promise"
>Joe: "I know that you will kiddo..."
> Joe was going to stand up but stopped once Willow started hugging him tightly with her tears coming down her eyes.
>Willow: "Please Dad...don't leave...Please Please...don't leave me alone"
>Joe hugged his daughter tightly and started patting her head, stroking her long brown hair softly and comforting her.
>Joe: (Smiling): "Don't worry Willow... I will always be with you. In your heart, in your memories, in your very air and blood. I may not be physically here, but my love for you will never fade. and you are not alone you still have Liza and soon to be your younger sister Kayla! they all love you and will care for you and never let you be alone."
>>
>>143222627
>Willow stayed silent for a while and hugged her a little more tightly.
>Willow:" I love you, Dad."
>Joe(Whispering):" I love you too, my beautiful Willow."
>Joe held Willow in his arms for a few more moments, soaking in the warmth of their embrace, before finally standing up. He wiped away his own tears, summoning every ounce of strength he had left.
>"Come with me, Willow," Joe said softly, his voice barely above a whisper. "There's something I want to show you."
>Willow nodded, her eyes red and swollen from crying. She followed her father out of her room and down the stairs, where Liza was waiting with a worried expression.
>"Everything okay?" Liza asked concern etched on her face.
>Joe nodded, offering her a weak smile. "Yes, Liz. Everything will be okay."
>He turned to Willow, taking her hand in his, and led her outside. The night air was cool and crisp, the stars shining brightly overhead. Joe led Willow to a nearby Forest, where a small garden lay hidden behind the house.
>"This is where it all began," Joe said, his voice filled with nostalgia. "Where I first discovered the power of Nature and Created Nature Martial Arts."
>He led Willow to a spot where a large hole marked the impact site of the comet. The ground was barren and lifeless, a stark contrast to the vibrant garden that surrounded it.
>"Watch closely, Willow," Joe said, his eyes glowing with determination."This is the last technique I'll ever teach you."
>Joe closed his eyes, focusing all of his remaining energy into his hand. His green aura burst forth, enveloping his entire body in a radiant glow. He placed his hand on the ground, and with all of his might and power, he began to channel his energy into the earth.
>The ground trembled beneath their feet as Joe's green aura seeped into the soil, infusing it with life. Willow watched in awe as the dead ground began to glow green, tiny sprouts of grass and flowers blooming before her eyes.
>>
>>143222640
>Willow's jaw dropped, tears streaming down her face. She had never seen anything like it before, the sheer power and beauty of her father's Nature Martial Arts.
>"This... this is the energy of life," Joe said, his voice filled with pride. "The power to give life to the earth, to nurture and protect it. It's what Nature Martial Arts is all about."
>He turned to Willow, his eyes shining with love and determination. >"Remember this, Willow. Life is a cycle, a never-ending dance of birth and death. We must cherish every moment, every living thing, for they are all connected."
>Willow nodded, her heart full of emotion. She understood now, understood the beauty and power of life, and the importance of fighting for it.
>"Thank you, Dad," Willow said softly, her voice filled with gratitude and love.
>Joe smiled, a tear slipping down his cheek. "You're welcome, my dear Willow. Now go, live your life to the fullest, and never forget the lessons I've taught you."
>With that, Joe collapsed to his knees, his energy spent. Willow rushed to his side, tears streaming down her face as she hugged him tightly.
>"Dad... I love you so much...and Thank you for teaching and showing me the beauty of Nature and making me understand ...Everything" Willow whispered, her voice choked with emotion.
>Joe hugged her back, his heart overflowing with love. "I love you too, my beautiful Willow. Always remember that."
>As they sat there in the forest, surrounded by the vibrant life that Joe had brought forth, they knew that even though Joe's time was limited, his legacy would live on. In the greenery that now flourished around them, in the lessons he had imparted, and most importantly, in the love that would always bind them together.
>And so, in that quiet moment under the stars, father and daughter found solace in each other's arms, their love and memories forever intertwined.
>>
>>143222680
So the comet hit the place where he discovered NMA? It wasn't the cause of it, was it?
>>
File: Netero.gif (1.97 MB, 500x281)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>143223000
well not exactly
when Joe said "This is where it all began," and "Where I first discovered the power of Nature and Created Nature Martial Arts."
he meant the Forests and Nature in general meaning that he discovered and created NMA when he understood Nature and became part of it.
i like to imagine that this is (photo) is How Joe discovered The Glowing Green aura and decided to use it to create NMA
>>
>>143223215
10,000 punches, every day, for at least 10 years.
Willow is lucky she has a dad that gave her a jump start past all that.
>>
>>143221461
Explains the general lack of interest.
>>
File: MightyBeaver.jpg (54 KB, 534x578)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>143223280
>Willow is lucky she has a dad that gave her a jump start past all that.
yes, it helped her a lot while developing her own techniques at least Mighty-Beaver Willow did.
>>
>>143224146
Even main focus timeline Willow has a huge step up since she had someone to teach her instead of spending decades figuring it out.
>>
>>143223657
Yeah, at least GG got some art. I Know A Guy has yet gotten art of his own on the drawpile.
>>
>>143219728
>Jack also has his top taken off
>The three muscly dudes stand next to each others, their finely sculpted bodies a sight to behold
>Pillarmentheme.wav
>>
File: WILLOW (2).jpg (109 KB, 1024x1024)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>143224818
that's also true
>>
>>143222680
Ah, the last lesson from the master to the apprentice. I guess Willow will forever have a role model.
About the writing in itself, I noticed that in the third post you stopped using parentheses to introduce the tone of the lines. It's less script and more prose, I'm curious about which will suit you better in the future, but as a little rule, if you stick with prose you should introduce the tone of the line either before the line or after a very short sentence (e.g. "ok," Willow said with a broken voice, "I understand.").
But the best thing would be if the context sets the tone. It's more difficult though.
>>
>>143225108
IKAG has a very distinctive style that I wouldn't trust myself to emulate.
>>
>>143225108
>I Know A Guy has yet gotten art of his own on the drawpile
where?
>>
>>143228111
I mean that he hasn't or no one has drawn ikag art.
>>143227185
It's public domain right. Would be cool to do anyone draw him.
>>
>>143229070
Yes but "It's public domain" doesn't mean you should stop having standards. Otherwise you just end up with a bunch of AI generated slop and cheap horror remakes.
>>
>>143229110
Yeah I see what you mean but I mean just fun fan art would be cool to see since there's not enough like GGs been spammed with AI. It doesn't have to be part of the main story. I leave that up to the unknown artist guy.
>>
What do drawanons here use to draw?
>>
File: IMG_0513.jpg (166 KB, 742x690)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
NTH anon here. I’ve been busy with finals.
>>
>>143229466
Hope they're going well.
>>
>>143229445
GG
I still do, but I used to too
>>
>>143230337
I think he's talking implements. Tablets and stuff.
>>
File: 20240416_201952.jpg (490 KB, 2320x1987)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>143229445
>>
>>143231077
As glowy as Percy's own diamond shaped dome.
>>
>>143225568
Jack and Greg in the same place.
Hmm.

I wonder if Jack can also change the weight of the air surrounding him.
>>
Is Silver Queen summoned to the rescue by a signal or a emergency phone or something?
>>
>>143231374
An alarm most likely.
>>
>>143225568
At least he's not wearing the bunnysuit anymore!

>>143231374
>>143231797
The Silver Siren, obviously.
>>
>>143232069
Close enough.
>>
>White Rabbit
>Cheshire Cat
>The Mad Hatter
>The Carpenter
>Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
What is it about Alice in Wonderland that makes for good villains and which one would be a good one to use tat hasn't been done before?
>>
>>143233365
>What is it about Alice in Wonderland that makes for
You can do a lot of shit with it because it makes no sense and it's very simple, so you are free to take the names and the very simple yet amusing concepts and use them as you like.
>>
>>143233365
Public domain.
I don't think there's any that haven't been used at this point. Maybe the bong smoking caterpillar?
>>
File: 1701861346645707.png (525 KB, 454x775)
525 KB
525 KB PNG
Finally remembered that I've been meaning to put parts of Issue 0 into collapsibles.
Don't indefinitely put off what you can do today in five minutes, folks.
>>
>>143235520
And yet I'll still be putting off my wiki to-do list in favor of other things today.
>>
>>143236723
>wiki to-do list
What's on the agenda, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>143237114
These >>143208220
>>
>>143234819
Could be a decent Oswald Cobblepot type.
>>
File: Green Guardian Tombstone.jpg (211 KB, 1024x1024)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>143226381
>Ah, the last lesson from the master to the apprentice. I guess Willow will forever have a role model.
true that.
and i just realized that unintentionally made Mighty-Beaver meeting with alternate-timeline Joe even sadder, cause it has been serval years since she saw her father in a hero costume and with a healthy and strong body.
and with Liz also dying and the rise of Neo-heroism, she was alone with Kayla classically fighting crimes.

>I'm curious about which will suit you better in the future,
we will see but i might start using prose but who knows.

>, if you stick with prose you should introduce the tone of the line either before the line or after a very short sentence
well thanks for the
>>
>>143237655
>unintentionally made Mighty-Beaver meeting with alternate-timeline Joe even sadder
Then you wrote a good piece.
>>
>>143229110
>>143229203
Suggestion: IKAG in go-karts
>>
>>143238615
I hope Artist Anon comes back to it this year.

Go-karts, but Conner feels everyone is cheating by using the sync tech to meld with their karts instead of raw skill. He becomes Dick Dastardly in a ramshackle go-kart.
>>
>>143238704
Cheating is what makes it entertaining.
>>
>>143239519
But it's only OK when THEY cheat via very specific means.
That's what would really set Conner's tires on fire.
>>
>>143239828
What would the reward be a trophy or money, both or something else?
>>
>>143229203
>>143225108
IKAG didn't take off with a lot of people, just a handful. This isn't to throw shade but IKAG is specifically the product of a couple anons' tastes, so it appeals more specifically while basically being a mess that's harder to pitch to outsiders. It could be pruned and rearranged, condensed and concentrated to push the strongest elements, but you could argue that would be an improvement overall or that it would come at the cost of losing the original project's spirit. That's why it fell off after those IKAG people stopped posting as much, since the added characters and stories expanded the project but didn't increase its appeal to outsiders. Compare that to the more evergreen concept of GG surviving and keeping momentum afloat so multiple people would post their own art and/or takes on GG.
The artstyle of the more productive anons doesn't necessarily dictate how much art you see of the project. The tomboy/prince idea that ran here in a good few threads got more "fan"art overall than IKAG, but the concept of that idea was easier to 'get' just by looking at it
>>
>>143240457
Probably just the right to be able to use the go-kart track in the first place with how unfair everything is in that school.

>>143241041
The reason why I'm not churning out IKAG stories is the same reason why I'm not churning out GG stories. If I flood the fields then nothing will grow. That's the logic I settled on back when I had time to write and then wrote other things in the meantime.
>>
>>143241041
Note that this is a double edged sword. It means that IKAG is far better at overall quality control than GG but also it means the updates and new content are fewer and further between.
So you gotta ask yourself if you'd rather have tons of OOC stuff or a choice selection.
>>
>>143231338
He could, but he’s not the kind to cheat. Even when working out. But he’d be perfect at spotting

>>143232069
To many ladies’ chagrin
>>
>>143238704
No promises but storyboards are being worked on
>>143238615
Gonna throw out some ideas, they might tread on one another in some way
>Either a specific go-karting club exists and there's a power gap between them and everyone else, or it's just a race for people in school and The Popular/Rich/Supers/etc have the resources to bring Formula 1-tier machines on the track and everyone else doesn't
>Not sure if the track should have power-ups or if racers should put weapons on their vehicles, or neither or both. "items aren't true strength" "items are fun" etc
>Conner as more of a side role in an ensemble cast for the story rather than the viewpoint character
>The mad scientist Conner puts a Mean Machine equivalent together just to ruin things for all the racers because he got insulted by one of them; the other racers have weapons but Conner just speeds ahead of whoever's 1st and then tries to spin-attack them like it's the F-Zero Death Race, or bonks them on the head with a baseball bat
>The mad scientist Conner puts a Mean Machine equivalent together but it's a glorified advert for his vanity or business or whatever, like an ice-cream truck with his face painted on it; Conner flits between first and last place, giving defensive/offensive items to whoever's in front or trailing at the back. He's not even registered for the race
>The mad scientist Conner enters a perfectly legit vehicle while acting (conspicuously poorly) like the archetypal Peter Perfect upstanding competitor; the joke is on everyone else (the spectators, racers, councillors etc) sabotaging themselves in knots trying to figure out his trick
>>
>>143241833
The go-kart club wins the yearly club lotto and gets to put on a big event. Cue a Mario kart circuit being built around the school and Conner getting in on the construction to pinch some of the anti-gravity tech.
>>
>someone posts IKAG
>thread on page 10
every time
bring on the tiddays
>>
>>143243165
It's been like that all day.

I'm still thinking about them racing go-karts on the ceilings of the school hallways and how Conner both thinks it's a massive waste of money and resources for something temporary and also wants to join in or get his hands on the equipment at the same time.

He'd need to refresh his entire inventory since everyone would be wanting parts for their karts, to the point where he'd have enough parts up for trade to build a kart. If he builds one, then he doesn't have anymore merch up for trade and the demand will run dry after like a week when the track is taken down.
Amelia would be the one to goad him into joining, probably by saying that she won't race without a kart that's up to her impossibly high standards (which are bait) prompting Conner to make something.
The engineering club and mechanics clubs would also be in on this.
>>
>>143242350
>pinch some of the anti-gravity tech.
Surely you mean "contribute", and in such a way that clearly blows the rest of the engineering out of the water and won't come back to bite anybody in the ass in a certain specific way
I don't know why but I had the idea that the club gets a budget and makes wildly elaborate plans in that specific, 'the first process is incredibly expensive and the further you get to the end of the horse the more visibly cheaper everything gets' way, so maybe anti-grav tech eventually leads to railroad tracks and then just straight cutting out of school onto the public roads, with computer monitors and cardboard boxes for 'power ups' (throwing at the other racers) and painted signs/slurs on the road acting as speed boosts
>>
>>143243525
>also wants to join in
That tracks. The first part is a very 'sour grapes' thing to say so it fits perfectly
>He'd need to refresh his entire inventory since everyone would be wanting parts for their karts, to the point where he'd have enough parts up for trade to build a kart.
It depends on how early or late to the rush he is. Whether you think it's better for him to prep well in advance, or if it's funnier for him to see the construction, race announcement, etc up to the day of the race and then he's like "You know, maybe everyone will probably want gear for their machines, I think I have a genius idea". Whether you think it's funny to have him organise a full inventory and then someone else points out he can just put his own kart together, or whether that seems an uninteresting way to take the story
I wonder if it's interesting/funnier to have this post-Amelia development and she's in on it, being her own pit team etc (maybe she's learned how to split herself up with practice?), versus having it take place before all that and she's stoically in the background helping supervise this fucking circus around the whole block
>>143243531
>like The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made but a one-lap racecourse
>>
>>143243700
Either way could be funny. It just depends on if he's actually joining the race or not.

If he does join the race then I imagine the kart itself would have ads all over it from the other related clubs he got the parts from. One oil slick/wash later and he becomes the mysterious midnight racer.
>>
>>143241833
>>143242350
Hmm, Will everyone have the same Karts or individually different. I could see Audrey (if she's in the race) with a bumper car based Kart. If not, it's just a suggestion.
>>
>>143244438
Depends on which take you think is more interesting. Having the karts be individual allows you more design customisation and getting an idea for how everyone operates (e.g. Audrey's kart would be both more down-to-earth and functional than Conner's Mean Machine or any of the characters with little engineering experience). Conversely having everyone confined to the same framework could be used as a metaphor for conforming in society and/or seeing which racers pull ahead through their own skill and talent (of which Audrey has the biggest talent)
>>
>>143244438
>>143244523
It'd be more interesting if you had to bring your own kart. As long as it meets the definition of a go-kart, it's in.
Makes it all the more unfair for those who don't have resources.

If this is IKAG Audrey, then her being the heir to Sterling Steelworks comes more into play since she's rich. That doesn't get brought up to much in GG proper.
>>
>>143244523
Different individually Karts I think is more interesting. Connor's mean machine
You think would have good speed but bad turns compared to Audrey's kart?
>>
>>143245191
>Connor's mean machine
Mauve Avenger
>>
>>143245507
Oh yeah I saw that Hey Arnold episode too.
>>
>>143245191
GG: slow and steady wins the race and jetpacks when you're 10 yds to the finish line.
>>
File: 1529766443214.png (1.46 MB, 1225x1838)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
I think I'd be more interested in someone like Belle's kart than Audrey's. Same principle as needing a kart specially designed around anatomical deviations though.

Is she just in the race as a mascot? Is the kart cheerleader based? Is her fan club behind everything involving the kart to the point where someone had to step in to stop the kart from being remote controlled and let Belle drive it herself?

Well, goodnight.
>>
>>143245854
Metal leg girl might outdo Audrey.
>>
I'm confused. IKAG and Golden Girl are the same setting?
>>
>>143229445
screen tablet. nice to have a second monitor. but I know a few peeps who sweat by the screenless tablet, though.
>>
>>143246370
They both use a school for the setting at times.

If you're talking part of the same universe, not really.
It's more along the lines of spiderman showing up in family guy.
Best not to think too much about it.

From what I read of IKAG it seems like the world is composed of whatever if feels like at the time for the story and/or joke.
>>
>>143246590
Huh. I see. Maybe that's why I could never follow IKAG.

Neat art tho.
>>
>>143246370
No, It's probably more accurate to say that *a version* of Audrey exists in the IKAG setting.
Multiverse stuff.
>>
>>143247044
Tbh, this guy's idea
>>143246518
seems better and funnier. It's still the same Audrey but she is summoned as a guest for time to time.
>>
>>143247412
Damnit, I meant this.>>143246590
>>
>>143244882
>If this is IKAG Audrey, then her being the heir to Sterling Steelworks comes more into play since she's rich. That doesn't get brought up to much in GG proper.
IKAG Audrey could also be self-conscious about intentionally showing off her resources if it would alienate her friends, depending on how many of them also have big bank accounts or benefactor families. She could be the kind of kid to think nothing of inviting friends to her home, only for some of them to see the furnishings and location and then get indignant at her
>>143245854
>I think I'd be more interested in someone like Belle's kart than Audrey's. Same principle as needing a kart specially designed around anatomical deviations though.
Maybe she gets a rally car instead of a go-kart and the butler drives for her while she sits in the back
Or the cheerleaders get their own karts with banners/decals showing off Belle's face and they make a pinky promise to synchronise/keep formation during the race, which backfires when one of them scrapes the other and it devolves into an all-out brawl
Or maybe Belle gets a unique frame added to the steering wheel of her kart that she can lock her claws into, so she can participate directly without controls slipping or breaking, and it's something Conner or a Mechanics Club guy works on up to the day of the race
Conner working up to get the parts he needs, finds/works on parts allowing all sorts of other people to participate, but they all spin out during the race leading to an easy win he feels guilty about
>>
>>143246590
>>143246750
Taking an analogue of Conner and transplanting him into the /coc/ setting might make him more approachable for other writers/artists, since you can wipe the slate clean, decide what the important stuff to keep/change is, and you have a new ground floor for everyone to jump in and work off of
>mad scientist who resents superheroes but shares their vision of justice
>has a packrat or salesman energy
>absent-minded, stubborn, capricious
>villain-coded character fighting against destiny to achieve heroism
>mind-broken from nihilism into anti-nihilism and a lack of fear/self-preservation
That's the core of the character but even that can be changed or removed based on what resonates with everyone
>>
>>143245854
I may be missing something but it seems to me like you can still probably use a standard steering wheel with claws like that.
>>
>>143248491
We've actually discussed a plot of Audrey inviting classmates over before. The centaur girl was impressed there was actually an elevator she could fit into.

Belle constantly accidentally snapping all of her steering wheels before the day of the race could be a fun running gag, if there's even time for that.

>>143248707
Always snapping it clean through.
Also, how many buttons, switches, and other knobs would be in her kart if it was made by her fans? They'd want it to be the most tricked out fancy thing ever, but her claws are big and clumsy in a cramped go-kart meaning she's constantly activating things when she didn't mean to.
>>
>>143249159
Poor Belle
I wonder if Conner would make the same mistake, or if he would make the total opposite kind of controls for her (a control panel with a single big context-sensitive button to push)
>>
>>143249634
Megas XLR rules then.
Belle could always accidentally hit the perfect switch at the perfect time though.
>>
bump
>>
So we're done for the week?
>>
>>
>>143252085
What happens if they all fall for the same guy?
>>
>>143252457
Sex wars!
>>
Is all the Lustbane artwork on the /coc/ wiki or is it just the one picture with his logo
>>
>>143230373
Anon makes a good point. I think most drawfags prefer to draw one thing over another.

I use an ipad but when i have time i use traditional paper and color pencils.

I primarily draw board tans, NTH, some Lovely Ladybug, Sageworthy Society and Justice Comrades
>>
>>143252457
Magi was talking about putting them in the Rococoverse last drawpile, so that's a very real possibility. Being based on seasons, I imagine they'd work out a timeshare plan.

>>143253419
>I think most drawfags prefer to draw one thing over another.
Oh absolutely. I think a good 70% of this thread is here just for GG and GG accessories, and while I'm not one of them I thank them for keeping the lights on and the thread bumped.
>>
>>143253419
>>143253669
It feels the same about discource in general in these threads, not just drawfaggotry tbdesu, it sometimes feels like I'm talking with the same 2-3 anons every week.
>>
>>143253961
I wonder if a new project would entice new blood into the threads to get in on the ground floor of the production process
>>
>>143254060
We've seen a little crossover with the Stargazer people and Stella people, at least.
>>
>>143253129
There's a few pics of him. Magi made a more shota looking version.

>>143253961
You very well might be.

>>143254060
It's not about a new shiny thing, it's about keeping investment in a thing that already is. The problem is discussion will always outpace actual content leading to dissatisfaction and drop off of conversation.
I have a hunch that some anons only pop in once in a while expecting the conversation to have carried on without them only to find it died as soon as they left. The burden character longevity falls squarely upon (you)/me/us.
>>
Le bump Fights back!
>>
>Dynamo League: Quiet Before The Storm

>After Saint Neal escaped from prison, the High Authority started investigating around and looking for any clues and evidence.
> They suspected Oliver Rollen aka Captain Under-Socks to be involved with the escape but couldn't find anything on him except that he visited Saint Nail a few days before he escaped.
>and for the last few days they interrogated every member of the Dynamo League except She-Beaver who was in the Academy of Prodigy Protectors.
>Marmot-man was annoyed by the whole investigation and the fact they stopped the team from doing any heroic work during it.
> After Marmot-man's integration, he went outside the Headquarters and just sat down thinking about the whole thing.
>he was deep in his thoughts but was interrupted by Dr. Invisi-Bling who was strolling around.
>"Oh hello Joe," she waved her hand
>Marmot-man glanced at her, "Oh Dr. Antuna...hi" he said with a tired tone
>she noticed that he was in a moment of silence and felt bad
>"Oh sorry I see that you were thinking alone, I will leave now..." she said to him before she started walking away.
>Marmot-man asked her to stay and wanted to talk with her about something.
>"Dr. Antuna I wanted to talk with you something about something since I need someone who knows Oliver as much as I did," he said and then looked at her with serious eyes.
>"Sure! we have been a team for almost six years now...I think we can discuss anything."
>Marmot-man looked down and gave a deep sigh and then looked up to her.
>"Why do you think Oliver went to see Saint Neal? I thought that he told us that moved on from the Whole Nexus thing and now he's a different person and a hero"
>Dr. Invisi-Bling froze in her place unable to answer, despite being a hero and a brilliant scientist her inability to express her thoughts was a struggle for her.
>>
>>143254555
>Marmot-man Shook his head and then said, "You can let Steve talk it's okay"
>Dr. Invisi-Bling put on the Sock Puppet Steve that she uses to express her thoughts and feelings and used it as a mechanism to able to talk with people without having to feel like the center of attention.
> She said Via Sock Puppet Steve, "I do think Oliver did that because he feels bad for the person who's his childhood friend and brother and anyway feels like he failed somehow.."
>Marmot-man nodded, "That might be true, but Saint Neal chose a path and Oliver chose another, why should Oliver feel like he failed his brother?"
>"I don't mean anything ill but I don't think that you understand Oliver's Siblinghood, Joe," she said using Steve.
>Marmot-man raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean?"
>"Oliver Knew Saint Neal since childhood, before he Became The leader of Nexus and he probably saw something that not even Saint Neal's closest associates knew about him, he saw and knew Neal the kid. Oliver didn't like to open up about his childhood but my guess is he and Saint Neal saw some hard days together, so for Oliver, the fact he now has a job and he's now living a "happy life" while his Brother is in prison will obviously make him feel like he failed him and that he could have helped Saint Neal to get his life straight," she spated out.
>Marmot-man was impressed with this analysis," this is actually an interesting thought and now I can see why he did that...thanks"
>Dr. Invisi-Bling smiled and nodded, "You are very welcome!"
>Marmot-man stood up and stretched around, he still had some thoughts in his mind but now he had to do something important.
>Marmot-man went inside the Dynamo League HQ where he saw Wonder-Coyote who had finished the integration and was sitting at the meeting table just thinking.
>"Hey Liz!" Marmot-man shouted.
>"Hey, Joe!" Wonder-Coyote greeted, looking up from her thoughts. "What's on your mind?"
>>
>>143254600
>Marmot-man walked over to her, a tired look in his eyes. "I've been thinking about everything that's been happening lately," he began, "with Saint Neal's escape and the investigation by the High Authority. It's been a lot to process."
>Wonder-Coyote nodded sympathetically. "I know what you mean. It's been a challenging time for all of us."
>Marmot-man sighed, running a hand through his mask. "Yeah, and it's been making me anxious. Especially after what that Alien Cyborg Zorio told me about my future..."
>Wonder-Coyote's expression softened with concern. "Oh yeah..."
>Marmot-man hesitated for a moment before answering. "He said... he said that I'll die in the future. It's been weighing on my mind ever since."
>Wonder-Coyote reached out and placed a comforting hand on Marmot-man's shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Joey. That must be incredibly difficult to deal with, but I know that you can do it."
>Marmot-man managed a weak smile. "Yeah, it is. But I can't let it consume me. I still have a duty as a hero."
>Wonder-Coyote looked at him with concern. "Joe, you need to take care of yourself too. You can't keep pushing yourself like this."
>Marmot-man shook his head stubbornly. "I can't just sit back and do nothing. Not when there are people out there who need our help."
>Wonder-Coyote sighed, knowing she wouldn't be able to convince him otherwise. "Alright, Joe. But promise me you'll take a break after this is all over. You need to rest."
>Marmot-man chuckled, albeit a bit ruefully. "I'll try, Liz. But right now, duty calls."

>Wonder-Coyote rolled her eyes but couldn't help but laugh. "You're incorrigible, Joe. But I wouldn't have it any other way."
>And as they headed back to headquarters to regroup, the members of the Dynamo League knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, as a team.
>>
>>143254623
whoops ignore the last two lines

>Before Wonder-Coyote could respond, an SOS signal blared through the headquarters, alerting them to trouble in the city. Marmot-man's eyes lit up with excitement.
>"That's our cue," he said, already moving towards the door. "Chef Mishap is attacking the city with his mutant mac and cheese monsters. We need to assemble the team and stop him."
>Wonder-Coyote nodded, falling into step beside him. "Let's go show Chef Mishap what the Dynamo League is made of."
>"Where do you think you are going?", Asked Agent assertively.
>"The city is under attack we can't just sit back and do nothing, even though the High Authority may be breathing down our necks, we're still heroes!" Marmot-Man said and then got out of the Headquarters with Wonder-Coyote.
> The two were joined By Dr. Invisibling but Captain Under-Socks was nowhere to be seen.
>"Hmm where's Oliver?" Dr. Invisibling asked.
>"I don't know...I don't think he won't be able to join us" Marmot-man Replied.
> As they reached the city they saw Chef Mishap's mutant mac and cheese monsters wreaking havoc on the streets, causing chaos and destruction wherever they went. The monsters were grotesque creations, with gooey cheese dripping from their maws and pasta limbs flailing wildly as they rampaged through the city.
>Marmot-man bounded through the chaos, his agile movements allowing him to dodge the flying globs of cheese with ease. As he fought, he couldn't resist making a few cheesy jokes, much to Wonder-Coyote's amusement.
>Wonder-Coyote rolled her eyes but couldn't help but chuckle. "Really, Joe? food jokes now?"
>>
>>143254680
>Marmot-man shrugged, unrepentant. "Hey, you've got to find some way to lighten the mood in situations like this."
>As they rushed into action, Wonder-Coyote couldn't help but notice the distinctive speech pattern of Chef Mishap as he shouted orders to his monstrous creations. "Looks like Chef Mishap's been spending too much time in the kitchen," she teased, mocking his exaggerated accent.
>Their banter was interrupted, however, when one of the mac and cheese monsters lunged at a little girl who had been caught in the chaos. Before anyone could react, Captain Under-Socks appeared out of nowhere, wielding a massive hammer-shaped sock.
>"Not on my watch, you cheesy fiend!" he declared, swinging the sock with all his might.
>Marmot-man grinned beneath his mask, his spirits lifted by the sight of his Teammate joining the fight. "Good to see you back in action, Oliver!" he called out, his voice filled with genuine joy.
>>
>>143254714
>Captain Under-Socks charged into battle with gusto, swinging his sock hammer with reckless abandon as he bashed the mac and cheese monsters into submission. The rest of the Dynamo League followed suit, using their powers and abilities to fight back against Chef Mishap's monstrous creations.
>Despite the chaos and absurdity of the situation, the Dynamo League worked together seamlessly, their teamwork and camaraderie proving to be their greatest strength. With each monster they defeated, their spirits lifted, and soon they were laughing and joking as they fought side by side.
>In the end, it was the combined efforts of the team that led to Chef Mishap's defeat, his monstrous creations subdued and sent back to where they came from. As they stood victorious amidst the wreckage, the members of the Dynamo League shared a moment of triumph, their bond stronger than ever.
>"Well, that was certainly a... tasty battle," Marmot-man quipped, unable to resist one last food joke.
>Wonder-Coyote rolled her eyes but couldn't help but laugh. "You're incorrigible, Joe. But I wouldn't have it any other way."
>And as they headed back to headquarters to regroup, the members of the Dynamo League knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, as a team.
>>
>>143254714
Does everyone in the town just know their secret identities already?
>>
>>143254857
not everyone, most of people know them by their hero names.
but i mean it's not rocket science when you think about it, especially Willow who's the only Anthro Beaver in town kek
i might make it like an open secret in town but not sure if i should
>>
>>143255060
With how Joe just calls out Oliver's name like that during battle, an open secret is likely.
>>
File: Star-ro_1.jpg (60 KB, 438x794)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>143254103
>Stargazer
Yes, I always have both the Stargaze thread and the /coc/ thread open. And I want to make something for /coc/, but my hands are almost full with Stargaze. Not to say that I didn't join the discussion here sometimes.
While SatSoS is mainly a project of its own, I don't see why Stargaze shouldn't be a character in the /coc/-verse. Hell, I think a Stargaze/Stella crossover would work nicely, not to mention the other space characters of these threads.
>>
>>143255060
From specifying "anthro" beaver I take it to mean there are non-yiffy beavers around.
>>
File: trca-american-beaver_1A.jpg (300 KB, 1275x703)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>143255677
yeah, the general idea of Trunktown is that it's a small town near a forest and a river.
so yeah normal Beavers do exist near trunktown but deep inside the forest.

[Spoiler]and if you are wondering about Willow's origin,let me just say that it's kinda related to those beavers in some way [/spoiler]
>>
>>143256351
>it's kinda related to those beavers in some way
So the story where Willow learns of the birds and the beavers was foreshadowing!
>>
>>143256351
If two regular humans can pop out a kid who has animal traits, then wouldn't two regular animals be able to pop out a kid who has human traits?
>>
File: Willow shrugging.jpg (156 KB, 1024x975)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>143256416
>So the story where Willow learns of the birds and the beavers was foreshadowing!
>>143256451
>If two regular humans can pop out a kid who has animal traits, then wouldn't two regular animals be able to pop out a kid who has human traits?
who knows kek
>>
>>143252085
What are the names of all these chicks again? Sorry not familiar with this part of the coc.
>>
>>143257529
Spring, Summer, Winter Fa~all~
All you gotta do is ca~all~
>>
>>143254375
>I have a hunch that some anons only pop in once in a while expecting the conversation to have carried on without them only to find it died as soon as they left.
Yeah, that's me, sorry
>>
>>143254375
>The burden character longevity falls squarely upon (you)/me/us.
Ok, then suppose I want to carry the burden of my posts... what do you think would be more interesting, a story about this >>143209044 image or the story with Captain Cookie that I introduced at the end of the last thread?
>>
>>143258648
I currently have racing on the brain because of the IKAG idea being kicked around, so the Blang siblings entering some kind of death world race appeals to me.
>>
>>143258648
Me, I like the Blangs. The /co/smic /co/verse is very underdeveloped and I like seeing things like them and Lustless anon's contributions. This makes sense, to an extent, the "main" /co/verse setting is very Earth-focused and alien characters are extremely rare.
>>
>>143259071
What do you think happens that would make them team up for the race instead of competing with each other as per usual?
>>
>>143259571
It's a Double Dash affair where every car needs two racers, and they trust everyone else even less than they trust each other. Once they win they can worry about backstabbing the other for the prize, until then they have a common goal.
>>
>>143259656
The problem with the racing plots is always the prize.
In this case it just needs to be something they think will impress their dad. After they win it, it's a new race between the two to see who can deliver it to him first.
>>
>>143253129
>>143254375
my conception was very different, although I try not to discourage how others wanted to work on the character.
>>
>>143260032
I imagine this guy would absolutely hate Sharpshipper.
>>
>>143260276
He might get along well with Heartbreaker though.
>>
>>143260295
They totally team up whenever magical WHOOOOORES appear.
>>
>>143260320
Buddy cop style.
They have to switch roles often holding the other back.
>>
>>143260276
who
>>
File: very compressed.jpg (294 KB, 1920x1080)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>143261083
Chubby little fujoshi with a gun that works like cupid's arrow. Attempts to make "cute couples" (unwilling victims) "fall madly in love" (brainwashed to want to fuck). When you see weird pairings, shipping art that doesn't make sense, porn of characters who have never interacted, Sharpshipper is probably involved!
>>
>>143259919
In the last thread there was some discussion about a member of the Galactic Peacekeepers participating in the race or at least keeping an eye on it. Maybe the prize would be something the GPs seek to obtain.
>>
It's either cupid arrows or succubus pheromones or some man-made concentrated formula of either
>>
>>143261452
i see, initially I thought she'd might get along with Winter, from the Seasons, but Winter might not be the type that felt comfortable shipping real people.
>>
>>143263404
This is the first time in a while I've seen a digital artist take a camera recording of themselves to show the timelapse. Digital timelapses are pretty popular but recently there's been a rise in spoof timelapses by people surreptitiously using AI
>>
>>143262157
Maybe it's something from Blang's past. Some piece of information or something potentially damaging.

A photo of the twins' mother?
>>
>>143259656
>>143259919
>>143262157
I'm trying to brainstorm something.
As the last anon I quoted said, the goal of Quaslan and Tennoc is to impress their father and they will compete against each other to do it.
Why would they participate in the tournament to get the prize, instead of taking it for themselves in a way more fitting for pirates? Because it's an important tournament held from time immemorial, and Blang himself won it many times.
And this is why I think the tournament should have a rule that allows only one pilot for the different factions. Then if Quaslan and Tennoc want to participate, they must do it in disguise.
Looking at the picture inspiring this story, I'd say that Quaslan lost her disguise mid race and Tennoc, thinking that even if he wins he would do so without recognition, reveals himself and the judges of the tournament decide that one of them has to go, so they destroy Quslan's vehicle. So they must work together.

Does this seems plausible? Interesting? Can this work? Is there something you want to change or add?
>>
>>143264034
I'm not sure, if this was the case, I think they wouldn't need to join the race, except maybe to discover something regarding the whereabouts of this item. They would take it with a healthy dose of violence.
But it's a possibility, I also thought about the tournament being only a mean to an end.
>>
>>143264060
What if they both enter, then realize their vehicles aren't up to the task or are sabotaged and both of them try to steal the same vehicle as a replacement? They both independently come to the conclusion that the same vehicle is the best for their replacement.

>>143264097
The previous post makes me think it's the glory of winning the race that might be what they think will impress their dad. If he won it, then shouldn't they also be able to win it? It's the recognition they want, even if neither of them realize they're still chasing their dad's shadow.
>>
>>143264097
And just to voice a sudden idea I had, we can get Cookie in the picture if the prize for the tournament happens to be an invaluable ingredient for cooking.
It can just be one of the many treasures over the years, but if it's the usual prize (ten grams of Space Saffron, harvested once every five years from the flowers of planet Crocus, each of them producing just a molecule of it), then it can be a necessary ingredient for a dish that Blang himself really loves.
Just saying.
>>
>>143264224
>it's the glory of winning the race that might be what they think will impress their dad.
Yes, that's what I thought.
About the vehicle, I don't think it would make sense for them to get together in the same speeder if they want to compete against each other.
But thank you for brainstorming with me, I really appreciate it.
>>
File: newfag-and-vivian.png (257 KB, 788x757)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>143254060
I have a new project primarily to draw a boy shounen protag.

His only sad backstory is having /pol/ for a dad. But even then it feels more like an unfortunate comedy
>>
>>143264244
Does Cookie have a mini-mech?

>>143264356
If they both decide that this speeder is THE BEST and neither of them will back down from the choice, and the owner is there holding a gun, then I can see one of them driving it away while the other returns fire.
Because it's THE BEST speeder.
>>
>>143264599
When your son is so racist it gives you, a /pol/ dad, pause
>>
>>143264060
>Why would they participate in the tournament to get the prize, instead of taking it for themselves in a way more fitting for pirates? Because it's an important tournament held from time immemorial, and Blang himself won it many times.
This had me thinking of an interesting angle of approach to the IKAG race idea. Would Conner stay within the boundaries of racing for the prize and prestige, or ignore the boundaries and go after the prize itself? If he is more after the prestige, would we have someone else like Pepper go down the other route instead? Alternatively we could invent a new character as the nemesis for the story, whether they're a Peter Perfect or a punk delinquent or a vindictive teacher acting as referee or what
>>
Le Bump Rise Up One more time!
>>
>>
>>143264605
About the speeder, ok. So they try to get it and Quaslan manages to fly away with it. But Tennoc takes it back during the race somehow, and while she jump on Tennoc's vehicle to save herself and get another speeder, Quaslan loses her disguise. Then Tennoc drops his disguise too because he's an attention whore and can't stand the idea that his sister is the only one being recognized.
What do you think about this?
>>
>>143266195
Bellema and Louise
>>
>>143265183
The mysterious Racer X type, only from Conner's perspective he's a smug prick whom Conner does not want to let win the competition.
If Conner's main goal isn't to win, but also to not lose, that makes him infinity more dangerous as a contestant. It means he can go full Dick Dastardly with no regard to crossing the finish line so long as his target doesn't either.

>>143266331
Is the rule of the race whoever crosses the finish line first wins, or are there any rules about vehicles and finishing with what you started with? I can see their dad having set them up to steal a racer with a new experimental power source, so as long as they come back with that he doesn't care if they win or lose. He wouldn't tell them that's the goal though since them fighting over the racer would cause it to never make it back to him.
>>
>>143266785
>their dad having set them up to steal a racer with a new experimental power source
I have a feeling this is becoming a bit complicated... It can be a reason why Blang mentioned the tournament to them, but would that be in character for him? And again, why not just steal the speeder? They are pirates, what do they care?
But idk, maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture.
>>
File: Willow aproves.png (341 KB, 500x500)
341 KB
341 KB PNG
since i don't think that I will be able to write another Greentext before the end of the week so I will continue next week.
and now as always, i want to ask you:
any questions?
any suggestions?or ideas you want to see?
any complaints?
any advice?
>>
>>143266785
>If Conner's main goal isn't to win, but also to not lose, that makes him infinity more dangerous as a contestant. It means he can go full Dick Dastardly with no regard to crossing the finish line so long as his target doesn't either.
I really like the sound of that
>>
>>143266785
>The mysterious Racer X type, only from Conner's perspective he's a smug prick whom Conner does not want to let win the competition.
Right down to it actually being someone we know with a voice filter and Conner constantly making remarks about how he's glad [person in disguise] isn't around to judge him, or annoyed that [person in disguise] isn't around to help
>>
>>143266882
There isn't a whole picture to see yet. From the torrent of conflicting ideas, a picture's outline might form.
They WERE pirates. They're now a legitimate space empire. It's an awkward transition for everyone.

Now, there's a thought.
What if the race isn't open entry, but representatives from different factions? A sort of "space Olympics" kind of deal where the idea is to show off to the other space countries? That would mean Quaslan and Tennoc would be forced to be the joint-representatives of the Blang Dynasty. Their objective could still be to steal something since there's going to be a lot of new tech on display.

This means the PKs are in the race as both contestants and to keep an eye on everyone. Their vehicle is well balanced, but nothing special.
A pair of slugs piloting a vehicle who aren't Dr. Castle. Carinids who are massive adrenaline junkies who entered because that's their honeymoon.
An incredibly fashion over function vehicle by the Facerenti Federation.
A vehicle that's a new model of symbiote from the Ometetol Conglomerate.
Something that has to be censored from that one former salve race.
Cookie gets in because he's able to bullshit Bli*thip* being a representative from the Teuthoid Bureaucracy, who are so far away they have never participated in the race before.

Then it turns into not only a race, but space politics as well, giving them greater purpose for being there.
>>
>>143267065
Yeah, I was thinking it'd be Rudy.

>>143267036
Those types are utterly infuriating because they can and will abuse the rules like calling for time outs to wear down the opponent's "super mode" timer or whatever.
It also messes with anyone who can only think of contests as something to be won or lost since they are playing by a different rule book. I can see Conner dragging out or otherwise delaying the race at some point long enough for the sun to change position so it's glaring in everyone's face during a stretch of the race.

>>143266977
So how in the know is Willow with all this stuff happening? Will dalmatian boy end up connecting the wrong dots when he looks into the Dynamo League and sees one of their core members is also a former Nexus founder?
>>
>>143267083
>What if the race isn't open entry, but representatives from different factions?
That's what I meant here >>143264060 about the one pilot/speeder rule. They are disguised because if they weren't, they would be forced to ride the same speeder, so how do you know who's the better sibling?
I like your ideas about the other contestants and Cookie pushing Bli*thip* to participate. Although, what if Quaslan and Tennoc decide that one of them should enter as a theithoid representative? They never show up, so it's the perfect excuse to race separately. Then Cookie and crew can enter as Earth representatives. I don't know if Earth would be important enough tho'.
>>
>>143267543
Earth probably isn't recognized by the space community since they haven't expanded beyond their own system yet. Springtime may have built a Mars base for /co/ntainment by then, but that's not enough to qualify.

The Carinids are also co-piloting, so as long as it's one vehicle per entered group, it can have as many pilots as needed.
>>
File: Willow shocked.png (321 KB, 500x500)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
>>143267158
>is Willow with all this stuff happening?
funny how you mentioned this since the next Chapter might be about Willow and her Classmates' reaction to Saint Neal's escape and the aftermath.
FYI Willow doesn't know that Oliver is Saint Neal's brother or that he was in the nexus, she just knows that he's a redeemed offender

>Will dalmatian boy end up connecting the wrong dots when he looks into the Dynamo League and sees one of their core members is also a former Nexus founder?
good prediction
We will see if you are right or no.
>>
>>143267782
>The Carinids are also co-piloting, so as long as it's one vehicle per entered group, it can have as many pilots as needed.
And that's why it's ok for the Blangs to compete in the same speeder. But they can't enter separately.
They need two factions to represent though. Are there any free slots beside Teuthoids?
And if Blang's is a legitimate space empire, would the PKs leave alone Quaslan and Tennoc?
>>
>>143267894
You want them to be in conflict with the PKs during the story? That's not hard to spin even without them going after them as criminals from the get-go.
Just have them take out some other racers and become targets themselves.
>>
>>143268009
>You want them to be in conflict with the PKs during the story?
Not necessarily, I was asking if the PKs would go after Quaslan and Tennoc as soon as they drop their disguises.
>Just have them take out some other racers and become targets themselves.
I was thinking about a Crash Team Racing like tournament, but maybe that would be too much.

I made a summary of the story so far. I'm not sure if this is the right format for a summary, but I had this template at hand. What do you guys think? Is this going in the right direction?
>>
>>143268580
Of course, I made a number of little errors. It happens all the time.
>>
>>143268580
You've cast Cookie as the MC of this story, but I thought the twins were going to be the MCs?
>>
>>143268649
Ok, you are right I went ahead of things. I tried to integrate the story in the Pineapple Cake saga. But I can turn the Blangs into the main characters with ease, the story just need to start in Blang's castle with him maybe talking with Old Dag Han about the tournament.
Blang has a castle, right?
A giant spaceship?
I need context.
>>
File: 1519509721725.jpg (101 KB, 694x574)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>143268821
Did any of the lore surrounding this thing get put on the wiki? He transitioned from space pirate to emperor because of the resources needed to build this thing and the protections offered to acquire the needed manpower.
>>
Looks like no. The Black Star info is not on the wiki.
Another thing to add to the to-do list.

I'm glad I have it all in a txt file, but it's as raw discussion that needs to be summarized and organized.
>>
>>143268941
>as raw discussion that needs to be summarized and organized.
Truly hell.
Thank you for answering my questions, it's very appreciated.
>>
>>143268874
Ok, updated. Is this better? Or is it still too much focused on Cookie? Should this end another way?
>>
>>143269501
>Cokkie
Aaargh!
>>
>>143263692
I enjoy timelapse a lot, so i record them regularly. I experiment with style a lot so at some point someone was going to say my drawing was ai, and then someone say that it was AI when I posted timelapse. lol, I am pretty sure it was facetious though.
>>
>>143269501
>belong to the same faction and can't race together
Might want to change that to they can't both race unless they are together.

I wouldn't say winning and gaining possession of the space saffron makes them powerful, just a target for theft.
>>
>>143269812
Man, wish I was as good.
>>
>>143270209
>Might want to change that to they can't both race unless they are together.
Yes, you are right. Thank you for pointing that out.
>just a target for theft.
That's what I meant. I'll try to write it more clearly.
About the ??? scenes, I put them where they are based on my feeling that something is missing there.
Is there someone who has more than a feeling?
>>
>>143270615
Those are probably action scenes. Stuff like a new weapon being revealed or a volcano erupting.

Or Funky Boy being unleashed if you get that reference.
>>
>>143266195
Very cool! I really like that you gave all the girls different face shapes
>>
>>143271127
>Or Funky Boy being unleashed if you get that reference.
That might be above the scope of this story...

So you say that the story only lacks the action scenes? Are all the plot points in place?
And before I forget (I'm at my limit...), how about adding a bit where the twins rush to depart for Crocus, but a moment later Blang tells Dag Han about this incredible engine of the [insert alien faction] that will be used in one of the speeders and how much he would like to put his hands on it? And when the siblings return, he ask about it and they say it was destroyed during the race, and he says that he didn't really care for the Saffron, because only a handful of people know how to prepare it. Cue Cookie etc.
So this anon here >>143266785 can have his secret power source plot.
I hope this makes sense, I'm really tired.
>>
File: linvivemilnewf.png (574 KB, 945x1311)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
>>143264599
In terms of fighting abilities from strongest to least:

Newfag: can fight, always a troublemaker. Weakeness: he can't hit girls

Vivian: can fight but her weakness is -being a gurl lol- I'm thinking like ranma 1/2's akane. She's strong except if her opponents are obviously very muscular and capable

Emile is /mlpol/ and he's more of a long-range fighter

Lin is /litint/'s daughter and she can't fight. Is more of a healer type
>>
>>
>>143270440
Hehe same.
>>
>>143271820
What if they come back with the engine, but just park it in the hanger without telling their dad (he knows it's there anyway, because he's their dad). They don't tell him because they don't think it's worth mentioning, but the admirals start thinking maybe they've matured since they aren't currently fighting over taking credit for the capture.

And there's always more room to add story. Not letting it balloon is a challenge too.
>>
>>143272785
That nigga has a unicorn horn
>>
>>143273367
He's from the April Fool's generation.
>>
>>143267158
>Those types are utterly infuriating because they can and will abuse the rules like calling for time outs to wear down the opponent's "super mode" timer or whatever.
Are weapons/items legal in this race? I was wondering if Conner would play rules lawyer if he had the option to just buzzsaw other peoples' karts instead. Or would he sabotage the track itself beforehand
>>
>>143273557
How Mario Kart do you want it to be?
He could argue that there wasn't any rule making weapons NOT allowed very loudly and then the reactions from many of the racers indicate that they are also armed. So then it becomes a case of disarming and inspecting every single kart, thus delaying the race and making everyone miserable while also turning student opinion against the councilors.

And then they find no weapons in Conner's kart to begin with. All according to perfect, as the grots would say.
>>
That bittersweet feel when you're repurposing characters from a failed webcomic into a mediocre novel
>>
>>143273590
>How Mario Kart do you want it to be?
I'm not rightly sure honestly. Wacky Races logic means most of the cast get to pull off bullshit but it's generally the one designated cheater that gets DQ'd, which seems like it would map onto IKAG pretty well. I guess it depends on whether it's more interesting to have straight-up power-ups, or a mixture of power-ups and placebos when the power-ups aren't designed to respawn, or we don't get to see any at all due to race delays (like the Smiling Friends Go To Brazil special); how many track hazards there are if any, how that plays out with the power-ups/lack of; whether the drivers have abilities and get to use them on the track, etc
I'm kind of stuck on the suggestion from earlier about it being a one-lap track and it starting expensive before quickly dwindling in polish and resources until it's traffic cones and a shitty cardboard banner at the end
>while also turning student opinion against the councillors.
I think they'd just be pissy at Conner for causing the delay, but that fits with the "I don't care if I'm going down" mindset. He could even forego entering as a racer entirely and just bargain with the councillors to be a referee, before quickly pushing his luck as far as it'll allow him
>And then they find no weapons in Conner's kart to begin with.
If Racer XX (or whatever their name is) shows up in the story being a simpering gentleman, Conner could intentionally play up the stereotype he has in his head of being an oblivious, smiley-faced little patroniser who does no wrong. Then their passive-aggressive battle of manners eventually devolves into a low-budget Ben Hur as they try to drag each other down to Hell together. You sort of have to question what kind of issues Rudy is working out, or what kind of point he's trying to make, either to Conner or to the event or the other racers
>>
>>143273879
It could be that the track is super fancy within the school grounds, but absolutely normal if it veers off into the surrounding streets since they're not going to put any of their amazing tech out there for the plebeians to see/steal.

It's entirely possible that there are no "power ups" at all, only obstacles. Those out in front can take the shortcuts before they close off, but those in the rear can also take the shortcuts since they will have opened up again by the time they're passing by. Delaying the race with rules lawyering could be a tactic to throw off the timing for it all.
>>
>>
>>143274091
XTRA THICC
>>
>>143274001
Had an idea that the rival racer hits the home stretch in first place, until Conner not only overtakes him but to such a wild degree that he could take the whole race. Instead he spins the kart 180 and does a kamikaze dive into the rival's kart, blowing his clean run with an instant DQ. Partly to deny the rival the win, partly to defy the logic of just going for the win ('no-one tells me what to do', 'I'd rather die by my own hand than live under someone else's' etc), partly to troll the audience one last time. Since the rival doesn't steer out of the way in time, either due to disbelief or playing chicken, his kart is crashed into at an angle, which is way worse than if he'd just faced head-on.
>"My synchro-rate is 200%! I'm one with the kart! So how can he...?!"
>Conner standing on top of his own kart as it boosts in the opposite direction
>"I told you I wouldn't let you win. Let's take one last trip to Hell together!"
After both karts get totalled and the spectators have fled to avoid collateral damage, Conner finds the rival pinned down and makes as if to rescue him:
>"But of course, I wouldn't be a proper gentleman if I didn't lend a helping hand, even to another racer."
- only to unmask him instead. Presumably the whole time he thinks Amelia was the mystery racer, 'they can handle whatever I throw at them so I'll go sicko mode and they'll survive it' etc, so his blood runs cold when he realises he almost killed his brother.
I don't think I'd use any of this material, but the kart-stand seemed like a memorable image for a comic so I had to write it down
>>
>>143274091
I wonder what sort of music would accompany her.
>>
>>143274464
>I don't think I'd use any of this material, but the kart-stand seemed like a memorable image for a comic so I had to write it down
I want to emphasis this for the other anons too, just throw out any ideas you would be interested in seeing or exploring, whether they're for comedy or drama, world-building, ignoring what's come before etc
>>
>>143274464
It's at least a cool visual.

>>143274644
On your earlier point of what Rudy would be working through, maybe he wanted to know if he'd be as popular doing whatever even if no one knew it was him.
It's possible only Conner fixated on the mysterious racer with everyone else paying him no mind with how well his strangeness fit in with everyone else's strangeness.
>>
>>143274483
https://youtu.be/pEg_d2f6myw?si=l3tDd-J3p9I4KwMQ
>>
>>143274483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIY6pRRgAZQ
also Nightcore
>>
>>143274464
Sleepy time thoughts.

Conner ends up with a bomb collar around his neck for mouthing off to some shoddy terrorists trying to do some shit in the school. After being told what would set the bomb off, he gets real close to them and intentionally tries to detonate it to take them with him, all while sporting the worst grin imaginable.
>You really picked the worst person to give this to!

He's only saved because Pepper realizes what he's about to do as he's doing it and does it first, "stealing his thunder" as it puts it after the fact. Pepper finally reveals that she's also explosion immune, like her dad.
>>
File: 1698412817376664.png (796 KB, 1080x1920)
796 KB
796 KB PNG
>>143274881
Sharpshipper needs the Sensei correction
>>
Bump
>>
Is honeybee one of them?
>>
>>143275798
One of who?
>>
>>143273340
I like this idea, it allows to explore the characters more.
>there's always more room to add story.
Tbh, I thought about it again and maybe the scope isn't high enough. The tournament is an event important enough that many political factions are involved, so I don't think it should be just like the pod race in The Phantom Menace.
But I'm not that good with political plots...
>>
>>143274091
It was amazing to see the process!
It's very nice!
>>
>>143276076
>>143276076
The original concept in the other thread was that they were racing to see who got a planet from a retiring governor. Maybe it's just that, or maybe its a trade deal/treaty/partnership with a high tech weapons manufacturing governor, so everyone wants it.
>>
>>143276476
It's a possibility, only I think we should keep the motivations of the characters. The Blangs want to impress their dad, it must make sense for them to join the tournament to get what they want.
>>
>>143275183
The IKAG world is one where a kid can grow up inundated with propaganda about giving yourself to your community and government, to the point of upgrading yourself to be more worthwhile, as though your body is merely a physical shell for other peoples' eventual benefit. And then when that same kid tries to throw his life away (either for a noble cause or to take back what little control of their life they have), the lesson the readers see him taught isn't "actually the glorification of self-destruction is a bad thing and society needs to be reformed from the top down", it's "actually the glorification of self-destruction only has value as long as you do and your cause does, a disabled person throwing his life away means nothing, a kid throwing their life away to stop a petty misdemeanour means nothing" because the kid isn't being lectured by the author, but by other kids and adults in the same world setting. I think it'll be fun to work up to stories where the morality of the world is stark and wholly alienating to the reader, though it has to be introduced piecemeal, like the early stories are much more light-hearted/blasé in tone even when introducing the idea of heroes selectively saving civilians or animal experimentation, but then there'll be nuggets of 'what the fuck' sprinkled in that get more commonplace later on
>>
>>143276076
Even in the real world there's all kinds of politics surrounding international sports. Sports are like bars in a sense; you go to a bar for alcohol and it's expected that things might happen at a bar and so preparations are made accordingly. A sporting event is more like a public outlet for passion, something to allow the populace's emotions to run wild in the open. Of course preparations are also made so the sporting event can fulfill it's societal purpose.

What I'm getting at is just because it's a political even doesn't mean it can't also be planned and controlled violence.

>>143277664
I was just playing into Conner's suicidal tendencies for a joke. A really morbid joke.

Rudy is an empath, isn't he? Maybe that stark morality of the world is what's really bothering him. Everything just feels off to him, like a video being played at the wrong speed. Maybe he's trying to play his life at the "correct" speed and hope others will match his tempo? So far, only Conner has gotten close to the right tempo, which is what endears Conner to Rudy.
>>
>>143277989
I didn't mean for that to come of as a scold, sorry. Just elaborating on what you put down since what you're saying makes sense for the project.
>Rudy is an empath, isn't he? Maybe that stark morality of the world is what's really bothering him.
That also makes sense for the project. Stories taking place in foreign cultures usually have a character acting as a cipher for the audience to learn things about the world that everyone already ought to know. Rudy can be the morality cipher dictating how unfair the system is, since the audience should feel the same, whereas Conner can be either specifically knowledgeable enough, or scatter-brained enough, to warrant explaining/having things explained

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.