[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pp.png (674 KB, 470x855)
674 KB
674 KB PNG
>>
>>143292011
She's boring. They should retire her character and show her occasionally in the next multiverse stories. She's just hard to write, either you go full smut with her or you do something PG13 that doesn't appeal to guys and girls. Just kill her
>>
>>143292011
No leotard for starter
>>
>>143292011
you could replace a few key words in there and utilize that post as a template for just about every capeshit character currently being written.
>>
>>143292011
not a pure sex object anymore so angry white men angry
>>
>>143292011
Leah Williams
>>
Leah Williams is not familiar with comicbook characters and just creates their personality from scratch every. single. time.

Great tits, she should suck dicks but she just sucks as a writer insted...
>>
File: 1696901206579821.jpg (1.68 MB, 3000x4243)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>143292030
>She's just hard to write
I still thing a major problem is they keep trying to make Power Girl "Supergirl Lite". This latest iteration is the worst offender, she talks, acts and even looks like Supergirl but a couple years older. They're not doing enough to make her unique or at least her own character, but when reading it it just sounds like a bad Supergirl story.
>>
>Palmiotti/Connor's PG series from the 00s was really horny
>Leah writes horny comics for Marvel
>Leah's PG series isn't horny
Makes no sense.
>>
>>143292618
Apparently Leah has never read the conner/palmotti power girl run and was told to ignore it.
>>
>>143292362
Have you considered writing for your audience instead of sperging across the floor when no one likes your trash
>>
/co/ constantly talks about how there's too many Robins but a superfluous supergirl is acceptable because of tits.
>>
>>143292528
And it doesn't help that she has Carol Denvers tier lore that makes her even harder to write. The best version of her is the kid miracleman clone from JLA animation
>>
>>143292528
>>143292618
>>143292663
I actually have a theory that this is all a misguided attempt to avoid paying them with some MBAsshole's logic being these are two seperate characters.
>>
>>143292011
The main issues seems to be that every god damn writer seems to change her personality. I know this is issue with other heroes as well but usually they have some core elements that stays the same no matter who writes them. Superman is the big boy scout or Wonder Woman is warrior princess from Themyscira. Batman is rich guy who fights crime because of what happened to his parents.

Power Girl seems to get new personality, new set of friends and what her background is every time a writer change and it is kind of tiring to read her runs because the changes especially in her personality are so drastic.
>>
>>143292674
Ignoring how they're not the same thing, you don't even have any solid reason to assume it's the exact same crowd of people.
>>
>>143292680
>>143292700
I never get these devil advocate's arguments, as if there's any other Power Girl that has had much critical success as Conner/Palmotti's Power Girl run.
Can you explain that to me? Why try to fuck around and experiment with power girl when we already know the winning recipe.
>>
>>143292720
>as if there's any other Power Girl that has had much critical success as Conner/Palmotti's Power Girl run.
>Can you explain that to me? Why try to fuck around and experiment with power girl when we already know the winning recipe.
If what >>143292663 says is true it seems to be that the higher ups in DC did not really like the direction that Conner/Palmotti took Power Girl for one reason or another.
I would imagine alot of it had to do with the character not being this allways serious feminist icon that does not need no man that a lot of modern versions DCs female characters seems to be.
>>
Power Girl should just be permanently drawn by Conner.
>>
>>143292792
>I would imagine alot of it had to do with the character not being this allways serious feminist icon that does not need no man that a lot of modern versions DCs female characters seems to be.
Well it can't be that because I don't know what your idea of what their idea of a serious female character would even look like so that seems like a futile attempt to discern some hidden agenda.
Not wanting to pay people for the work they already did sounds like something a business would do.
>>
>>143292795
Conner Power girl should definitely be the model reference.
>>
>>143292011
My guess is that whatever Superman lineup they thought they were gonna do for the Dawn of DC fell apart even before it could begin.
>>
Leah Williams' run is just a new character with Peeg's character design and superhero name.

Her personality is completely the opposite of what Peeg's is (meek, timid vs brash and confident) and like that tweet says pretty much goes against her entire character. Power Girl and Karen Starr were names SHE picked out herself whereas fucking JON picked out her name in Leah's run. And she's not a CEO anymore, she's just some shitty reporter.

Also Paige Stetler is a dork name. Meme name or not, Karen Starr is way cooler.
>>
>>143292011
She should be sexy comedy adventures
>>
>>143292843
Also "Paige" has no self worth and seeks validation from Superman when Karen didn't give a shit about what Superman or anybody else thought.

Johns has enough pull to ignore all of it in JSA but I'm afraid after he's gone, assuming JSA has a book, the next writer is gonna be forced to synergize with it even though literally nobody likes it.
>>
>>143292011
>>143292842
In fact I bet we can blame this on Tom King's failure as a writer, which is always fun.
Try to follow along here:
>Supergirl: Woman of tomorrow was supposed to be more successful, to serve as an anchor point for the Dawn of DC superman status quo.
>the plan was probably to make Supergirl an even bigger name then Superman off-world, something like a rockstar superhero of the united planets.
>this explains why Power girl would feel more insecure, Supergirl would have to be doing much better in life to make that decision to make sense.
>Rockstar supergirl would also atttract the attention of Brainiac and his czarnian army.
>but King shit the bed by making it true grit in space which scrambled the entire plan.
>>
>>143292843
Her new name just sounds like an office pun to me, like Page Stapler.
>>
>>143292894
Paige I can get because that's just based off the nickname Peeg but Stetler is ???
>>
>>143292880
Flawed from the start. Woman of Tomorrow was part of Infinite Frontier. It was designed to get Kara out of the way for Supertwink to shine while Superman was "dead".
>>
Powergirl is the representation of ultimate beauty both in terms of beauty and power in comics. You can see the famous pose cosplayers give even with that sexy costume is showing biceps.
I know for fact many girls and trannies are jealous of her. There is a tranny who bashes peegee in this board and confessed once. Bet there are many jealous ladies in higher ups who don't want her to be liked by males. It must be weird having a writer like Leah and there is nothing good to show for male readers
>>
>>143292906
You got to really chew it to make it sound like Stapler but I cannot explain how else stetler got through.
>>
>>143292918
Dawn of DC is just infinite frontier rebranded.
>>
>>143292927
I'll never buy one of her books, but I'd pay for a hooker dressed like her
>>
>>143292011
The book is shit, but Gerry Conway doesn't deserve any respect.
>>
>>143292692
Avoid paying them for what? They didn't create Power Girl.
>>
>>143292944
And? The point is that the timing doesn't match.
>>
>>143292981
It does though.
>>
>>143292976
>Avoid paying them for what?
Their work.
>>
>Independent, self-assured confident woman that refuses to take shit from anyone or let anyone but herself define her. Becomes her own boss as owner of a tech company
>But she wears a revealing outfit, so this is sexist

>Reduced to an insecure, anxious girl that is totally subservient to a male authority figure (her own cousin, no less). Is not allowed to have anything of her own and everything about her is instead defined by Superman. Is insecure and jealous of another woman and constantly needs validation from and to be told what to do by this male authority figure
>But she wears pants, so this is not sexist
>>
File: Power Girl173.jpg (1.69 MB, 1988x3058)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
>>143292011
The writer for her book is terrible and keeps making PG a side character who needs saving.
>>
>>143292011
Fuck off Twitter tourist
>>
>>143292906
https://www.dc.com/blog/2024/03/29/leah-williams-reveals-the-meaning-of-power-girl-s-new-name
>“I wanted her to have a cowboy name,” she explains. “I used to work at a cattle ranch in Montana, so I've known lots of cowboys. Some of them were named Stetler. I wanted her to have a kind of cowboy-sounding name because, compared to the rest of the Super-Family, she’s a bit of a lone ranger. She's a part of the family and she loves them, but she's also working on her own a lot. That's what she's used to and that's what she is comfortable with.”

I know when I think of cowboys, the first name that comes to mind is fucking "Stetler". Might as well have called her Mortimer

>>143292843
>Karen=Kara
>Starr=star (because she's an alien)

Stetler sounds like "stats". As in statistics. Karen Starr is simple, tongue-in-cheek and rolls off the tongue. "Dr. Paige Stetler" sounds like a fucking nerd
>>
File: Supergirl Stephen Byrne.png (2.36 MB, 1242x1513)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
I just prefer Supergirl, the original. Question is, what the fuck do you even do with Power Girl? I look at Kara and I think
>Clark's relative that actually remembers Krypton
>Had a harder time adjusting to Earth than Clark
>Has a temper, which contrasts Clark's personality

Now if memory serves Power Girl is just Earth 2 Kara with bigger tits and a fucked history since technically she's one of the few people who remembers pre crisis events.
>>
File: design.jpg (1.9 MB, 3000x1836)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
>>143292842
DC pushed the idea of a super-family and emphasized this by giving them all matching designs by Dan Mora-except for Power Girl, who was left out and had to be designed by Marguerite Sauvage. She doesn't appear in stories with or even on covers with the rest of the family, she's always solo.

I've always had a nagging suspicion that she wasn't originally intended to be a part of this push and adding her was a last minute decision
>>
File: 1602959899922.jpg (107 KB, 500x548)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>143294011
Correct. Power Girl was the Supergirl of Earth Two Superman who didn't make a name for herself until she was an adult. Hell; he whole character was that she DIDN'T want to be in his shadow and wanted to be her own superhero. Then, she was spared from getting retconned out of existence because she was one of the people at the Dawn of Time when the Anti-Monitor ended up collapsing the remaining 5 Earths into a single timeline. New 52 Supergirl was definitely more like Power Girl that she was the sweet teen Supergirl we're used to.

Someone in a previous thread suggested that "Paige" isn't ACTUALLY the original Power Girl, but perhaps a doppelganger that got in her place after Doc Manhattan stopped tampering with the timeline. Original PG was shown to be immune to the timeline getting fucked with from previous Crisis-events.
>>
>>143292720
Did that "critical success" translate to sales?
>>
>>143294196
Which is wild, considering that Power Girl is the living embodiment of the "Everything is Canon" thing they wanted to push after Dark Crisis. I guess they didn't want an 8 person SuperFamily instead of a 7 person one.
>>
>>143294196
Can someone please explain the twins? I haven't read their first appearance, as I only read Superman (not Action Comics)
>>
>>143294226
Essentially, they're the descendants of an abandoned colony of Kryptonians that had their family lines stricken from Kryptonian record. They helped out Superman during his time on Warworld and chose to stay with him when the rest of their people were freed and went to go live on Totally-Not-Daxam.
>>
>>143294313
They sound like the kind of characters that'll be killed off in the next crisis to show "it's serious business this time guys"
>>
You know things are absolutely fucked when Twitter feminists and /co/ coomers are on exactly the same page about hating a run. That's a mythical level of fuckup.
>>
>>143294313
So now we have two colonies of Kryptonians bouncing around, shrunken Kandor and those refugees? Shouldn't the latter be a target? Also where are the twins staying? Are they like adopted kids Clark and Lois are looking after? Because if so, this is DC desperately trying to recapture young Jon again
>>
>>143294405
It was the same thing with the recent Fire and Ice comic.
>>
>>143294416
>shrunken Kandor
Did that get brought back? I thought Bendis had his dumb OC kill them all to try and make his run "impactful"
>>
>>143294416
They were adopted by Lois and Clark. If it weren't for the fact that they're trying to rebuild the Young All-Stars, I'd say they were gearing up for a new actual Teen Titans book.

>>143294425
Zod has it now.
>>
>>143294471
You see this is an example of too little too late. So I'm right on the money, this IS DC trying to somewhat salvage their fuckup with Adult Jon and Bendis. Lord.....My conversation with Tomasi gets more relevant by the day
>>
>>143294471
>Zod has it now.
That's better at least. Zod is better as a neutral-ish force these days than writers constantly trying to remake the movie. Best retool idea I've ever heard was a pitch on Twitter that wanted to reimagine him as a class revolutionary born houseless and invented the Zod name for himself, to play into thus House Legends mythos they've been pushing lately, and I hope he keeps moving in that direction.
>>
>>143293941
See now I'm just pissed that this isn't All-Star Western Power Girl.
>Power Girl in a corset and cowboy hat.
>>
>>143294222
It's literally the only time Power Girl was a commercial success.
>>
>>143292011

What went right with Power Girl?
>>
>>143294752
Boobs.
>>
>>143294683
Define success.
>>
File: 1611694044663.jpg (517 KB, 1280x2057)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
>>143294752
Tits, ass, sass, and class.
>>
>>143294778
raising her popularity among existing fans while gaining new ones, an objectively net positive for any character.
>>
File: 1401155545444.jpg (701 KB, 1280x1983)
701 KB
701 KB JPG
>>143294779
This. She was a hot woman who didn't take shit; genuinely a good mirror to Superman.
>>
>>143294800
Okay but did it make money?
DC isn't going to give a shit if a bunch of pirates on the internet jacked off to that run, my dude.
>>
>>143294867
Of course Power Girl 2009 made them money, it's why they're still trying to capitalize on it. Can you explain the logic in doing that for a series that didn't made them money?
>>
>>143294949
He genuinely wants you to cite the actual sale figures compared to whatever else DC was publishing back then. He's done this before; he genuinely thinks that no-one but pirates on /co/ ever liked Power Girl. Just ignore her prominence on the Post-Crisis JLA/JLI or her practically being an A-lister character with all of her appearances in the 00s.
>>
>>143294989
Or her success with the trades too, with it ironically being the magical evergreen title that DC has driven itself in the ground trying to replicate.
>>
>>143292011
That tweet blerb is wrong and stupid. But what's wrong with Power Girl is it's shoulder deep in current Superman continuity's ass. You need to read like 4 other books to make heads or tails of what's going on, and Power Girl's status quo was radically changed without mentioning what happened to the old one. Which is par for the course for Power Girl, she doesn't have a strong character to begin with, just 15 comics drawn by Amanda Conner that people really like.
>>
>>143294989
You're half right. I *do* want to know how that run compared sales wise to other titles, but this is honestly the first time I've bothered to ask about this.
>>
>>143292011
She never escaped the fact her tits are 99% of what people know about her
>>
>>143295107
15 issues of strong character writing, where they quickly introduce who Karen is and the life she's leading that was tossed in the trash by Judd Winnick for a twink Oracle knockoff and a power girl clone that's a metaphor to what Judd was doing to Power Girl at the time.
>>
File: 1689693251979180.jpg (3.18 MB, 2227x3339)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
>>143295207
Being famous for having big boobs is jot a bad thing and acting like it is doesn't make a lot of sense.
Big tits have a univeral appeal from straight girls to gay guys.
>>
>>143292011
Second wave feminism inspired her character?
>>
>>143295155
But there's a greater picture then those monthly sales figures like popularity and you can't tell me that DC doesn't care about it because the truth that's the very thing they're trying to capitalize on here.
>>
>>143292011
I went into this hoping for, at the very least, the same vibes as X-Terminators. I got pure slop instead.
>>
File: 1186707.jpg (392 KB, 1500x1918)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>143295300
This was the most famous 2nd wave feminist writer.
>>
>>143294778
It's the only PG trade I've ever seen irl in a bookstore
>>
>>143293883
Did they deliberately try to make Jon as off-putting and creepy as possible on this page?
>>
>>143292011
Trying hard to appeal to Twitter
>>
File: Laura Braga.jpg (496 KB, 1301x2000)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>143292618
>Look guys, we got rid of the cheesecake
>Now please buy our cheesecake covers
>>
>>143292927
I remember two anons ganged up on a tranny after she said pg is created for male gaze.
>>
>>143293883
If it wasn't for Omen, "Paige" would've died 5 times over
>>143294663
If anyone's suited for quick-draw, shoot first and ask questions later-type shenanigans, it's her
>>
>>143295508
I genuinely don't mind the sleeveless + pants as a temporal look. The issue is that all the interior artists so far refuse to draw her how she should actually look.
>>
>>143295610
>Sheriff Starr
It's right fucking there.
>>
Does she hate big boobs?
Does she hate male gaze?
>>
>>143295644
No to both which makes this all the sadder.
>>
>>143295300
>>143295538
She was created to keep Marvel from trademarking Power Girl after Power Man blew up in popularity as revenge for Marvel trademarking Wonder Man and sitting on the Captain Marvel name.
>>
>>143295638
It is so stupid that with all the kids that even villains have in cape comics nowadays fucking LOBO has a daughter. So dumb
>>
I suspect that this is DC wanting to put out a Supergirl book but not wanting to use Supergirl (no, I don't get it either). But they had two "problems"-her appearance (the main reason) and her "confusing history" (just say she's Superman's cousin from a now-dead universe. Boom, done). To make her an easier sell, they decide to just make her exactly like Supergirl, because she's familiar. Except it didn't work because everybody hates it.

DC doesn't understand their own characters and keeps reducing Power Girl to "just another Supergirl" and try to tie her so closely to Superman, which is a mistake. She is a part of the family, yes, but she keeps her distance because she wants to be her own person, her own hero, and doesn't want to seen as just Superman's sidekick. That's the whole fucking point of her character>>143294204
>>
>>143293941
>"...she’s a bit of a lone ranger. She's a part of the family and she loves them, but she's also working on her own a lot. That's what she's used to and that's what she is comfortable with.”
That's why she let Superman rename her like a pet, give her a job and tell her what to do, teamed up with Supergirl and has to rely on Omen to save her and do all the heroing that she won't do, right?

>>143295917
For some reason, DC's worried that people will get Power Girl and Supergirl confused (even though they look and act completely different), so they'll only let one Kara have a book at a time. The worst part is Supergirl, who doesn't have a book right now, gets to still have a presence by appearing in other books but if this Power Girl book fails, she just won't appear anywhere else.

>>143295638
Honestly, I don't think the redesign isn't terrible; it's a good alternate (although the classic design is better). I don't hate the jacket per se, but I do hate 1.) the entire Super-family has one. I've seen people say it makes her look more unique and fits her more, which is stupid since it's just stealing Superboy's look and 2.) all the S-shields over it. See>>143294204

And what's the point of taking away her sleeves if she's got nothing to show off? They could've given at least her some muscle (you'd think they would, considering it's in vogue now)
>>
File: only one kara.jpg (106 KB, 563x678)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>143295917
>>
>>143296401
Funny thing is that Supergirl and Power Girl looks and acts more similar to each other now more then ever.
>>
File: sigh.jpg (181 KB, 408x686)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>143296621
>Make up a non-existent problem
>"Fix" it
>It's even worse now
If I had a nickel...
>>
File: 1616134865561.jpg (152 KB, 1080x1350)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>143296827
STOP TRYING TO GASLIGHT ME DC.
There's two good reason why no one ever got PG and Kara mixed up and it's their differing personalities and life experinces.
>>
File: 1707556181825802.png (168 KB, 220x272)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
Power Girl is still shit even when Conner is involved.
DC also coined the fridge meme so I don't expect them to know how to treat women, even fictional super powered women.
>>
>>143297175
I fail to see how you could even think that Power Girl is a shit character.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (277 KB, 2256x1270)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>143292011
>A shallow reboot that strips the original of all its unique qualities and only superficially resembles it
>>
>>143297203
I have an extended knowledge of her character and relevance beyond boobs, unlike you.
she is shit and DC would do well to stop trying to make her a thing.
>>
>>143292997
Theres 2 years in between WOT and DoDC
>>
>>143293941
>I wanted her to have a cowboy name,” she explains. “I used to work at a cattle ranch in Montana, so I've known lots of cowboys. Some of them were named Stetler. I wanted her to have a kind of cowboy-sounding name because, compared to the rest of the Super-Family, she’s a bit of a lone ranger. She's a part of the family and she loves them, but she's also working on her own a lot. That's what she's used to and that's what she is comfortable with.”
Genuinely the DUMBEST thing I’ve ever heard. This why when I hear DC Absolute will have less editorial oversight I immediately nope out. These creators need less freedom not more. And editor should have nipped this in the bud immedaitely.
>>
>>143294196
Every single one of these is terrible.
>>
>>143297290
They can't because she's almost as popular as Supergirl because of bewbs you know.
>>
>>143294405
The Twitter feminists tried to blame this on “appealing to incels” though. So let’s not act like she isn’t just as insane as all the woke degenerates.
>>
>>
File: 1447108575304.png (313 KB, 319x498)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>143292011
DC rejected pitches from Palmiotti &Conner and Christopher Priest, people who actually wanted to write Power Girl, and instead handed her off to Leah Williams, who proceeded to do little-to-no-research. Editorial doesn't know anything about PG either

>"what's this character's deal"
>"don't worry about it. Just write whatever you want"

And Leah only had one idea, which was the Johnny Sorrow arc for the Action Comics back-ups and special. She ripped off the Showcase story from the 70's but worse for Knight Terrors, then did it again for the first arc of the series. Now she's just winging it as she goes along. Nothing matters, and she's twisting everything and everyone to fit into a "le quirky" mold instead of writing what's appropriate for the character
>>
>>143292362
The tweet was written by a straight white women bro lmfao
>>
>>143294854
>Left-handed
>Can't do surgeries now
I get it's just banter, but holy shit these writers do not know how to thread the needle
>>
The craziest thing is Leah Williams should be great at this. Her Mary Jane book and X-terminators both are like perfect practice runs for a PG book but we got this
>>
>>143298919
>and Christopher Priest
This dude hates white characters and always shits all over them so it’s hilarious that you think he
>actually wanted to write Power Girl
>>
>>143299460
I’m so sick of these types of posts. Her only decent comic was that barbarella dejah thoris one. Almost everything else she’s written has been unreadable.
>>
>>143299534

I’m not talking quality though, both of those books have the tone I’d expect a PG book to have.
>>
>>143299523
>This dude hates white characters and always shits all over them so it’s hilarious that you think he
False. He had Deathstroke cuck his ex-wife's black husband even.
>>
>>143294226
DC shit the bed by aging Jon up. So PKJ tried to un shit the bed a little by introducing the kids so readers could still get Clark and Lois raising super children kino.
>>
>>143294497
Deetz on the convo?
>>
>>143295364
Who is this semen demon?
>>
File: image-asset.jpg (740 KB, 500x624)
740 KB
740 KB JPG
>>143300046
Gloria Steinem.
>>
>>143293883
I know DC really wants Jon to take it up the ass. I just don't get why they made him into the most offputting twink I've ever seen
>>
>>143299955
Because he’s a villain. He writes white heroes as the cuckold. He tried to cuck batman with deathstroke too as well as trying to make him Damian’s dad.

Priest is a shit smear
>>
>>143297175
this
>>
File: Deathstroke 050-036.jpg (1.28 MB, 1988x3056)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>143300434
Deathstroke was the hero of his book. A very flawed man.
>>
>>143300662
No, he was the protagonist you fucking child. Learnt the difference.
>>
>>143301132
He was an antihero, not a villain.
>>
>>143301139
A PROTAGONIST IS A ROLE THAT DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WOTH HERO/VILLAIN LET ALONE MEMEPHRASE COMBINATIONS OF THE TWO YOU STUPID FUCKING ZOOMER
>>
File: power-girl.jpg (77 KB, 640x458)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
This whole run has been a wasted opportunity. Leah and DC really squandered the push they were giving Power Girl. They really wanted to drive home "look everybody, Power Girl's back"-backups leading to a special (and top billing in the Knight Terrors tie-ins) leading to an ongoing. In the hands of a good creative team and editor, this run could've actually been something. I remember DC revealing her new design and then I accepted it as a necessary sacrifice to have PG back-and then all the "Paige" shit happened. This was a chance at a course correction after a decade of garbage and nothing. 2023 was supposed to be the year of Power Girl. If they were going to do this, they shouldn't have bothered

Also I hate Leah's thought process:
>"She's related to Superman, so she HAS to be in Metropolis"
>"She's related to Superman, so she HAS to work at the Daily Planet"

>>143294196
Just realized Omen and "Paige" have the same outfit just in different colors. Fuck

Couldn't find the pic I wanted to use, but I think this one works well enough
>>
>>143292011
Leah Williams has huge tits so she's actually the perfect writer for Power Girl who has huge tits
>>
>>143295300
Her name is girl power backwards
>>
>>143295331
>But there's a greater picture then those monthly sales figures like popularity
I dunno about that. Because popularity can mean different things in different spaces.
I will agree that Power Girl is popular here.
But is she popular *everywhere?* It's not like DC really uses her when they can use Supergirl instead. She exists as an alternate skin or a cameo character.
And what does that popularity mean? Does it mean people buy her books or merch or does it mean they create lots of rule 34? Because if we're agreeing that for some reason sales don't matter to the corporation (which seems silly to even type) then what's the actual reason they'd have to use her or care about how she's used?
>>
>>143301384
Leah Williams is a fat tub of shit. If she lost 200 pounds and got to a healthy weight her tits would disappear.

Power girl has fat tits without weighing as much as, and looking like, a VW bug wrapped in bed sheets.
>>
>>143292011
They should've just gone all in 30+ year ago and let her be Superwoman. As it stands she's this sort of tertiary character and doesn't have the protection or direction that a tentpole franchise proves.
>>
>>143301473
She’s fine as power girl. In general the biggest problem with comics is writing comics about comics. None of this shit needs to be addressed. Just like we don’t need meta commentary about the lack of progression, the power of status quo or the endless events.

Meta shit and overly self-referential shit is ridiculous and trying to “fix” problems that don’t exist kills any worth for any of these stories. Just write fucking cape shit, hero vs villain stories.
>>
>>143293883
If I didn't know Jon were gay as fuck I'd have assumed this was the setup to a porn, the fuck is that closeup on his mouth?
>>
>>143300662

I would like to imagine every Thanksgiving this is how the family gets together with slade. That no matter what arc what plotline is going on, Thanksgiving is the one day he is just a regular deadbeat dad
>>
>>143301473
power girl sounds cooler
>>
>>143301416
Ok how about we try to understand this simple indisputable fact: her 2009 series was talked about on cable television as a good comic while her current series having nothing of the equivalent.
>>
>>143301473
Fuck no. She choose Power Girl BECAUSE she didn't want to be "Superman but a girl/woman"
see >>143294204

And she's not a Superman character. She is a JSA character (and to a lesser extent a JLA character) which is why every time they try to shove her into the Superman franchise it falls flat.
>>
>>143301404
This is one of those simple "did you know..?" type things that i did not know and it absolutely floored me
>>
>>143302113
Comics have always been political even in little things like that. Feminists during the 70s were big on the Ms and not liking Miss/Missus hence why Carol Ms Marvel instead of Miss Marvel.
>>
>>143300026
Dare I? On one hand I don't want him to get in trouble, on the other, it's going to be treated like fanfic hearsay on here anyways
>>
I don't what is so hard.

>Female superhero
>villain does bad things
>female s uperhero defeats villain

IS THAT EASY. I remember the old run where Karen was a businesswoman and she was like "Oh I totally know that dude is looking at my boobs, it happens a lot" and then she went a beat the living shit of a gorilla
>>
>>143292011
Leah Williams is a terrible writer and now amount of her spending years posting the same handful of MySpaced pics to hide how much of a whale she is will change that.
>>
>>143302229

The twins have been around for several years and that anon didn’t know about them so I don’t know if I’d believe them about anything
>>
You can really tell Amanda Conners art carried PG bc /co/ never talks about the stuff Palmotti and Conner did with her in their Harley Quinn book
>>
>>143302850
Difference is /co/ is largely aware of Harley outside that run, namely her DCAU appearances, so comic Harley not acting like DCAU Harley makes /co/ not want to read it.

Those 12 issues of Power Girl are pretty much the only things from Karen they know about and the overwhelming majority aren't interested in any of her other comics like ASC, JSA, any of her JL appearances, etc. Hell the majority probably aren't even interested in comics in general and are just in her threads for boobs and pedophilia.
>>
>>143302850
Because it wasn't as good as their 2009 Power Girl series. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that anon.
>>
>>143293883
>this dialogue
jesus christ
>>
>>143302850
>>143303038
I mean if we want to get into it, even ignoring how their approach to HQ was off-balanced, PG's presence there was motivated entirely to keep her safe.
>>
>>143302850
It was a combination of Conner's art
and the lesbian bait with her and Terra
and the straight shota bait scenes.
>>
>>143301510
I am thinking about this solely from a cynical corporate branding perspective:
Power Girl doesn't have a design that you can really sell action figures or t-shirts of. Her lack of symbol is her symbol, but symbols matter for iconographic and branding reasons. A chick with her tits out on a movie poster is just going to say "this is about tits". But a chick with a superman logo on her chest? That's a different message.
>>
>>143301949
>Ok how about we try to understand this simple indisputable fact: her 2009 series was talked about on cable television as a good comic while her current series having nothing of the equivalent.
Where was this? What show?
I'd ask for a link but I'm going to assume you'd just double down and avoid proving that, just like you've avoided telling me sales figures.
>>
>>143295207
And what's wrong with that? Why can't there be a heroine who is just big tits?
>>
>>143292971
Underrated post.
>>
>>143303155
>Power Girl doesn't have a design that you can really sell action figures or t-shirts of.
Funny, Wonder Woman sold merch just fine for decades, and she's wearing less than PG.

>A chick with her tits out on a movie poster is just going to say "this is about tits". But a chick with a superman logo on her chest? That's a different message.

She does have a symbol, it's just on her belt instead of her chest, and not exactly trademarkable. Jokes aside, you bring up a good point, and it does make me wonder why DC hadn't taken more initiative to give her a unique, trademark ready symbol back when they were trying to earnestly promote her.
>>
>>143303737
>Funny, Wonder Woman sold merch just fine for decades, and she's wearing less than PG.
Okay so I get how you zeroed into coverage being the issue given my wording but that wasn't what I was getting at. WW has her weird whataburger eagle thing. The power symbol Peeg has, like you said, isn't something they can trademark, nor is it even particularly noticeable or even something she's had for very long or consistently.
Also like...why I get that it's a power symbol and a joke and all but wouldn't that make more sense on a tech or electric superhero?
>>
>>143292692
The reasoning/rationale to adopt the name Paige is sooooo convoluted.
>>
>>143293941
>I used to work at a cattle ranch in Montana
Yeah as one of the cows.
>>
>>143295342
X-Termintors was terrible too. Leah Williams is little more than a degraded Gail Simone clone.
>>
>>143304467
Because she can't say the real reason which is that DC wanted it changed because of the stupid Karen meme.
>>
>>143303166
Anon all I have to do is point out that the fact DC is still trying to capitalize on the 2009 Power Girl series popularity 15 years after the fact is proof enough that DC considered it to be a success.
Anyone can see that, it's an objective fact that you cannot argue against.
>>
>>143302229
I mean Con Talk is fine, I remember when it was first announced that Bendis was taking over and Tomasi was fucking pissed. I also remember having a talk with Priest and him just out right saying he thinks Didio is a piece of Shit
>>
>>143303155
>I am thinking about this solely from a cynical corporate branding perspective
Simple, stop doing that you massive faggot
>>
>>143304772
>they're still using the character
I just find it strange that this board is so eager to insist characters like Miles Morales or Kamala Khan or Carol Danvers are being forced down everyone's throats and don't have a legitimate fandom and yet I'm supposed to just take it on good faith that a character with barely one decent run to her name is truly beloved and has a huge cult following and it should just be self evident.
>>
>>143305114
>Miles Morales or Kamala Khan or Carol Danvers are being forced down everyone's throats
They are, I don’t know what that has to do with anything. If Peeg was given a game, given a movie, given a show, given prime placement in every comic and got multiple solo relaunches despite sales being horrible we’d say the same about her.
>>
>>143305114
It is self-evident because We're not discussing opinions here but facts and the fact is that 2009 Power Girl run featuring the Palmotti/Conner/Grey team made Power Girl popular.
>>
>>143305287
It was a cult hit at best. The Conner issues were just above cancellation and the trade sales were mediocre. After that team left the book, it went down into "Why isn't this book cancelled yet?" numbers.
>>
>>143305607
Anon your entire argument doesn't make sense and will never make sense because you have to contend with the fact that DC is still trying to capitalize on the popularity of that 2009 Power Girl run.
I know you understand that perfectly, I'm just letting everyone else know.
>>
>>143305607
>The Conner issues were just above cancellation and the trade sales were mediocre.
Prove this claim
>>
So is it Kaminski’s faggot ass shitting on Power Girl ITT or holzherr?

Funny you claim the 09 run sold poorly when the current run isn’t even in the top 50 meaning it’s likely well below 10K per issue
>>
>>143305660
The claim doesn't matter because it focuses on monthly sales only and not trade sales.
>>
>>143304025
>Also like...why I get that it's a power symbol and a joke and all but wouldn't that make more sense on a tech or electric superhero?

Now that you say that, it is a little disappointing that no one tried to have her supplement her superheroics with her tech knowledge, back when she still had a tech company. Obviously it wouldn't be necessary very often, but it would be interesting to see once in a while.
>>
>>143305607
Cant be that bad when they achieved 27 issues even without Connor in the last half.
>>
>>143305131
>>143305287
So why is it that when I keep asking for sales numbers that show she sold well you guys keep moving the goalposts to "she's popular"?
Power Girl is a forced character too. With even less to her name than the characters this board hates. But because she's got a boob window you keep trying to pretend it's different.
>>
>>143300288
Was she the one going "all sex is rape" or am I thinking of another one of these psychos?
>>
>>143305652
The current run has nothing to do with the Conner run. Leah even said the editor outright told her not to bother reading any previous Power Girl comics.
>>143305660
>>143305693
https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html
Starts in May 09 at 47,322, by issue 4 (when the orders begin to reflect actual sales) it's down to 32,106 and it ends in May 2010 at 20,681. The first trade debuted in April 2010 at 2,494 and #16 and the second trade to wrap it up was released in October 2010 at 2,329 and #26. Middling.
>>143306032
Who knows what Didio was thinking, maybe he figured they might as well ride it out until the New 52 rather than scramble to find a replacement title.
>>
>>143306199
Nobody has moved the goalposts, your argument is just on it's face laughable.
If the 2009 run wasn't popular then why would DC still try to be capitalizing on that today?
>>
>>143306318
If this current power girl has nothing to do with the 2009 Power Girl then why would DC give Power Girl a title at all anon?
>>
>>143306359
You know the character existed before that run right, and that the mini itself became completely irrelevant to her character with the reboot? They have trademarks to keep, use it or lose it.
>>
>>143306318
>Starts in May 09 at 47,322, by issue 4 (when the orders begin to reflect actual sales) it's down to 32,106 and it ends in May 2010 at 20,681. The first trade debuted in April 2010 at 2,494 and #16 and the second trade to wrap it up was released in October 2010 at 2,329 and #26. Middling.
Compare this to the current run that is below 10K and will have trade sales in the hundreds
>>
>>143306372
So am I supposed to believe that DC is just completely unaware that the 2009 run was Power Girl's most successful? They're obviously aware that's when power girl was selling the most.
>>
>>143306199
>forced
She’s had like 2 solos in the last 15 years. How is that “forced”?
>>
>>143292011
Modern writers hate her because her original personality was assertive. She’s a physical powerhouse with an alpha personality. You can’t soapbox “da patriarchy” with a character who not only doesn’t give a shit but actually refutes it simply by existing.
>>
File: 7vt2rw6qiqnc1.jpg (408 KB, 1170x1780)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>143292011
Funny how this run was rejected by the very audience Leah and DC was pandering to. Considering this actually got trending, they have to have seen it. Will this finally be the wake-up call they need to correct course?

>>143307360
>You can’t soapbox “da patriarchy” with a character who not only doesn’t give a shit
She does though
>but actually refutes it simply by existing.
Yeah. She refused to be anything else but herself and refused to submit to male authority. She was even her own boss when she made her company. But this run does the exact opposite, making her completely submissive to Superman, the complete opposite of what she should be

If anyone's allowed to be a feminist girlboss, it's Power Girl. It's literally what she was created as, yet DC keeps undermining and regressing her character by trying to find solutions to imaginary problems
>How do we make her different from Supergirl
She already is
>She's too complicated
So is DC's entire "continuity". She's from a destroyed universe and happens to be Superman's cousin
>What do we do with her
This>>143302425
and this>>143301510
Also maybe make more involved in multiverse. She is the last survivor of the original multiverse after all. That has to count for something

They imagined a problem that didn't really exist, tried to fix it, and instead ended up fucking everything up
>>
File: Worlds Finest-Zone- 013.jpg (759 KB, 1280x1968)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
>>143306683
Levitz's World's Finest sold more. It eventually dipped into cancellation territory, but issue 12 was selling 27,073 which is still 7000 more than the last issue of the Palmiotti/Gray/Conner run.
>>
>>143292011
Is she still Paige?
>>
>>143308095
Unfortunately
>>
>>143292864
Not only that, she seeks validation from Lois Lane now too.
As well as her new bestie/Psychologist Lilith.
>>
File: IMG_7162.jpg (67 KB, 658x800)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>143306318
>than scramble to find a replacement title.
Does DC have a mandatory amount of titles they need to publish? I mean after Connor left the series there was no real need for let it go on.
>>
>>143308925
Fuck you.
I loved Divine
>>
File: IMG_7176.jpg (341 KB, 800x1005)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>143308942
She was a poor mans Galatea.
>>
>>143308983
Nothing poor about those tits
>>
File: IMG_7180.jpg (83 KB, 600x600)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>143308060
Thats probably because it had a good art team too. And it had Huntress and this JSA version of Superman&Batman.
>>
File: 1687162203058812.jpg (589 KB, 793x1050)
589 KB
589 KB JPG
>>143308942
>>143308983
>>143309274
Only way to salvage this entire "Paige" debacle is by revealing she's Divine with her boobs expanding to a G Cup right then and there.
>>
File: IMG_7177.jpg (277 KB, 900x1384)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>143309274
>>
>>143305607
>It was a cult hit at best
Or as we call it in the incredibly small world of comics - a hit.
>>
>>143308925
It wasn't so low as to be a money loser and some revenue is better than none.
>>
File: IMG_7163.jpg (306 KB, 515x800)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>143309347
I would favour that. But i dont think that they can salvage this whole red/blue superman kind of situation.
>>
File: IMG_7164.jpg (70 KB, 600x799)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>143309419
Ok, thats what i meant. Connor was why i could see that it wasnt canceled. So after she left there was enough money it made to keep it going.
>>
File: IMG_7165.jpg (747 KB, 936x1250)
747 KB
747 KB JPG
>>143309410
Amen!
>>
>>143307928
Doubtful.
Unlike Supergirl, Powergirl isn’t due for any James Gunn style cross media appearance.
So they can do whatever they choose her to be.
>>
>>143292011
She’s good on teams like JSA and JLE . The Connor era was probably the best she was going to get
I assume Connor and palmetto want too much money to do a new series (that Amanda wouldn’t even be drawing) so DC passed on it
>>
File: melancholydavid.jpg (77 KB, 250x268)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>143309539
Was gonna put "Doubt it" at the end but didn't want to jinx it

>>143308913
She was worried about living up to Lois' "high expectations" even though all she did was remind her of the same thing Clark told her
>"There's this virus from your Krypton killing people, go check it out"
>Doesn't go
>"There's this virus from your Krypton killing people, go check it out"
>Still doesn't go
>OHMYGOD SO MUCH PRESSURE

Putting aside the fact that no superhero should just ignore something like that, Power Girl should not be 1.)told what to do, by Superman of all people 2.)worried about what he or anyone else might think and 3.)be treated like a kid by Lois. They should be around the same age; they should be equals

And now she's hiding from her like a little kid in the upcoming issue
>>
>>143310256
That’s what I don’t get.
Why is she acting like a 18 who just came out of storage, like Silk from Spider-Man, rather than a superheroine who’s been active for at least 10 years DC time?
>>
>>143309370
wonder if there's an edit where she's grabbing her boob
>>
File: IMG_7166.jpg (262 KB, 551x800)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>143310455
I dont think do. Divine is not that popular besides this >>143308942 anon!
>>
>>143310355
Leah only did the bare minimum of research and made up the rest
>She's an alien, so obviously she doesn't understand Earth
>She's related to Superman, so obviously she has to live in Metropolis and work at the Daily Planet
She acts like a newbie with no history because Leah doesn't know it

Instead of writing scenarios that fit the character, she's twisting the character to fit her writing
>>
>>143309370
Did anything happen with that clone?
Did Lord use it for sex?
>>
File: IMG_7182.jpg (212 KB, 628x800)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>143311046
I dont think that she ever showed up again.
>>
>>143311146
Alright, he kept it around for sex then.
Who wouldn't though, right?
Big lips, big tits, and big ass.
>>
>>143310994
She's been told not to engage with any prior appearances of the character, so she's just going off the most superficial context clues. I can't see that being a winning strategy, but then I'm not a DC exec.
>>
>>143311146
it appeared in a couple panels for a one off valentines comic
>>
File: gkzoeoogwdub1.jpg (813 KB, 1988x3057)
813 KB
813 KB JPG
>>143311046
>>143311146
>>143311491
She interrupted Peej's date with Jimmy Olsen
>>
>>143311834
obviously divine was saving her from a stupid mistake
>>
File: brandon Graham.png (1.26 MB, 1168x1160)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>143292011
How would Brandon Graham handle Powergirl comic?
>>
>>143306331
Why do publishers force characters?
>>
>>143311871
She should come back and saver her from Omen then
>>
>>143312125
they made her a dyke?
>>
>>143311927
Probably give her a dick.
>>
File: 1713551704959661.jpg (314 KB, 1031x1565)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>143312313
No just BLACKED
>>
>>143312342
based
>>
>>143312392
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: ffs.jpg (143 KB, 458x741)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>143312313
No, just codependent on Omen (and everyone else, but since they're roommates, we naturally see a lot more of her). She's just annoying (sorry, I meant "qUiRKy")
>>
>>143292011
Well for one, that cover art is horrible. What the fuck are those hips?
>>
>>143312392
Peej started burning heavy coal during the New 52. That guy looks Indian.
>>
>>143312392
Based
>>143312809
He’s black. He’s a Richard Ayoade lookalike.
>>
>>143312557
So is Omen the type to watch them fuck, or the type to have a threeway with PG and her date?
>>
>>143313070
If Richard Ayoade is black then I'm fucking Nigerian, get the fuck out of here lmao
>>
>>143313474
He's halfsies, Norwegian and Nigerian.
>>
>>143313482
so not black, got it
>>
>>143313490
I don’t think you do.
>>
>>143313505
sorry you're race fetish got ruined lmao
>>
>>143312557
They need to fuck.
>>
>>143313490
As black as Obama.
>>
>>143313741
So... not black.
>>
>>143311834
How many ass shots of Lois does Jimmy have?
>>
>>143294425
>>143294471
>>143294512
Not quite actually, after a dip in the Lazarus Pit, Zod has half and Clark has half, it's the Kandor Compromise.
>>
File: Infinite_Crisis_2B.jpg (73 KB, 400x624)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Whenever DC stopped leaning into Earth 2
>>
>>143294222
It still gets reprints, so probably.
>>
>>143292011
She and Omen aren't fucking eachother every other page.
>>
Turns out you can't make a character for the sole purpose of cooming and expect her to last long term.
>>
>>143314146
why omen anyway
sure she's an adult but also a first generation titan
not exactly pg's contemporary
>>
>>143314222
https://www.dc.com/blog/2024/03/29/leah-williams-reveals-the-meaning-of-power-girl-s-new-name
>“I have to fully credit my editor Brittany Holzherr with Omen,” Williams says. “I was on the phone with Brittany and Paul Kaminski…[and] we discussed the fact that Power Girl needed a foil, a partner. We were all silent on the phone for a moment, and then Brittany said, ‘What's Omen up to right now?’ And then Paul and I gasped at the same time because it clicked so well. Power Girl is super traumatized, and Omen is a former counselor. She knows how to navigate these things uniquely as a hero.”
>>
>>143314275
i mean i guess
>>
File: Power Girl and Supergirl.jpg (180 KB, 1080x1075)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>
File: Power Girl97.gif (2.38 MB, 326x187)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB GIF
>>143313956
Shots that Superman hasn't destroyed? None.

I always thought it was a tremendous shame that we never got at least one JLU episode with Galatea being redeemed.
>>
>>143315364
With Supergirl in the future, it would make her seem even more like a cheap replacement. Though with the caliber of DCAU writing, it would have been poignant.
>>
File: Picture 013b.jpg (288 KB, 538x800)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>143302113
Same. I thought that was pretty cool and clever
>>143309510
Cute. Love a good spunky/feisty Power Girl (or should I just say Power Girl)
>>
>>143292362
the person that wrote that twitter is literally a tranny
>>
>>143313070
>Richard Ayoade
that guy is mixed as fuck
>>
>>143292011
Questionable romantic pairings that took the character down a dark path.
>>
>>143312392
>>143312809
Gross, at this point Larry Fink just wants to destroy anything beautiful doesn't he?
>>
>>143314163
Worked for Lady Death
>>
>>143311274
Lord can mind control kryptonians. He can make her do whatever he wants. Even act however he wants. Nothing is off the table. Good for him
>>
>>143316881
It occurs to me that I've never seen a Lady Death thread.
>>
>>143316628
Never would have happened under Carlin, DC's last good executive editor.
>>
>>143306314
he said second wave feminism, anon. believe it or not, people used to be rather reasonable.
>>
>>143317240
lol no
>>
>>143317121
>Carlin, DC's last good executive editor
>filename
Surely the more sensible reading is that that his era of DC was fucking garbage and being a shitty boss who drove away talent must have been part of the reason?
>>
>>143317751
He was replaced by Didio who was far worse for DC and ran it into the ground. Carlin gave us Morrison/Waid/Kelly JLA, Morrison/Millar's Flash, Millar's Red Son, Waid's JLA Year One and GL and Flash: The Brave and the Bold, Loeb/Kelly/Casey Superman, No Man's Land and Rucka/Hama/Brubaker/Grayson Batman, Robinson/Goyer/Johns JSA, Johns's Stars and STRIPE and Flash, PAD's Supergirl and Young Justice, Ennis's Hitman, Ostrander's Martian Manhunter, Kevin Smith's Green Arrow, Winick's Green Lantern, and the redemption of Hal Jordan and JMD's Hal Spectre, The only time I can remember him pissing off talent was when Morrison/Waid/Peyer/Millar tried to pull their Superman coup. Millar took it in stride since he did Red Son in 2003. Waid's a big manbaby who got himself physically banned from DC's offices when Didio was in charge. No one really cares much about Peyer other than being "that guy who often co-writes with Waid." Morrison was more pissed off over the belief that DC sold him out to WB when they ripped off The Invisibles for The Matrix. "No established A-list writers on the monthly Superman and Batman monthlies" was a good policy and preferable to going all in on those two leaving scraps for everyone else.
>>
>>143317121
Why did they say don’t trust Mike Gold?
>>
>>143318276
Didn't say, but that guy does come across as a very socially left lib.
>>
File: IMG_7209.jpg (206 KB, 589x800)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>143316349
Power Girl is underestimated. She could become a good pin-up and cool stories, kinda like Danger Girl.
>>
File: RCO001_1713885490.jpg (3.15 MB, 1988x3057)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
another boring issue with shitty art
best thing is the misleading cover
>>
File: Leah Girl 8.jpg (1.9 MB, 1988x3057)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
How much longer is the fat whale's "I really wish I was writing supergirl" run going on for?
>>
File: stinky.jpg (103 KB, 326x442)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>143319115
The first trade that comes out later this year collects issues 1-7 and 8-10 will probably be collected in the eventual House of Brainiac trade, so my guess is DC will let this last long enough to at least make a second trade out of it.
>>
File: PG.png (440 KB, 368x890)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
>>143319115
>This skinny, gangly, awkward mid 20s blonde is supposed to be Power Girl
This is beyond character assassination, it's just straight up not the same character
>>
>>143312557
>I've had lots of practice.
You've lived on Earth for DECADES
>>
File: IMG_7214.jpg (196 KB, 600x923)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>143320229
I thought that she got de-aged by faeries?
>>
File: IMG_7217.jpg (548 KB, 1489x1778)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
>>
>>143321039
Heh, I didn't know they killed off the black Power Girl.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (184 KB, 392x528)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>143320229
"Paige" has so little in common with actual Power Girl that they really could just bring back Karen and say "Paige" was a completely different character. Seriously, just call her something else and give her origin a few tweaks and not much would change
>>143320842
Nah, they went to magic-land through a portal, no fairies. And that was only recently. "Paige" has been like this since the run started
>>143321039
Buried? So Tanya isn't just stuck in limbo, she's straight-up dead. That's kinda fucked-up and funny at the same time
>>
>>143319977
Someone pointed out how obvious it is that they guarantee a certain number of trades to writers because so many runs last far longer than sales should allow.

Why are they handing out plush contracts to so many dog shit writers? People say they don’t pay enough I think the problem is they tie money and publishing slots up with friends of friends.
>>
>>143322581
>People say they don’t pay enough I think the problem is they tie money and publishing slots up with friends of friends.
Well, yeah. Who would want to work for peanuts? People you can guilt-trip into the work by doing them a "favor". It's a classic MLM scheme.
>>
>>143322046
>>143322449
Peej got out so she should be fine.
>>
Over on Marvel Al Ewing did an Ultimates book that was tonally exactly what I would have wanted for PG.
>>
File: gmk.jpg (883 KB, 1366x2304)
883 KB
883 KB JPG
>>143322581
Talk about putting the cart before the horse.
>>143322696
What if this Power Girl is the one that ends up becoming "Paige"? She could be from another Earth-2 (or another Earth she calls Earth-2) and just barely started her superhero career before tripping and falling into the void. Unlike the PG who survived the Crisis and built a new life on the main Earth, this one jumped straight from her Earth to Dawn of DC. It might explain the inconsistent and her fucked characterization (and even her appearance in One Star Squadron, if that counts). Meanwhile the real Power Girl is out and about somewhere
>>
File: GJAgTHqXEAA65hd.jpg (135 KB, 1183x1200)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
I would be totally fine with Omen doing a heel-turn and admitting she was just influencing PG's mind the whole time. Making her act like a completely different person for her own amusement.
>>
File: IMG_7211.jpg (44 KB, 498x700)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>143322449
So this skating PG is the griwn woman we are stuck with?
>>
File: karen.png (207 KB, 383x378)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>143323802
>JSA Classified 2: Electric Boogaloo
Wouldn't mind it. As long as Karen comes back and Omen finally gets her annoying ass kicked
>>143324436
I don't know about grown, but yeah>>143308876
>>
>>143325301
*but for now
>>
>>143292011
I find it hard to believe that DC wouldn’t immediately improve if kaminski and kubert were fired.
>>
>>
>>143292011
She was always crap character. They should just draw sexy comics of her.
>>
>>143322623
They don’t work for peanuts though. A big 2 writer doing 2 monthly ongoings makes 80K at 150 per page which is the going rate. (Yes, 150 a page just to bang out a script in like 2-3 days if they aren’t on Twitter all day).

Any writer telling you they aren’t paid enough or work too hard is a liar. Not even an exaggerator or someone being hyperbolic but someone flat out lying to you.
>>
>>143327798
Kind of surprised there's even that much money in comics.
>>
>>143305006
Is there anyone at all who doesn't agree with priest on that?
>>
>>143327812
Keep in mind artists make much more than writers but generally can only do one book a month and so many are lazy these days they can barely handle 12 issues a year. But then there’s a letterer and colorist and sometimes a flatter and two editors under the group editor and sometimes, less often because of digital, an inker.

The people telling you they should be paid more are no different than Susan in accounting at any random office job in America telling you she doesn’t have enough time and wants more money despite spending 20 hours a week making coffee, using the bathroom, taking walks around the office to ask everyone about the past or upcoming weekends and scrolling Facebook. Everybody believes they’re underpaid and undervalued. Most people are exactly the opposite, including creatives.
>>
>>143295638
Wasn’t Crush fat?
and she got big titties now?
>>
>>143306318
>Leah even said the editor outright told her not to bother reading any previous Power Girl comics.

>>143314275
>Brittany Holzherr
Sounds like this might be the feminazi who has an issue with the Conner/Palmiotti run, then. What else does she edit?
>>
>>143328690
Crush was never fat, she did get a fat gf once but that was it.
>>
>>143322449
>Buried? So Tanya isn't just stuck in limbo, she's straight-up dead.
Technically dead. She could probably revive if they ever dug her out, but who knows if that will ever happen.

>That's kinda fucked-up and funny at the same time
It really is. It's meta commentary at its finest, and I'm not even entirely sure it was intentional.
>>
>>143318246
>Carlin gave us Millar, Waid, Goyer, Johns, and Kevin Smith
Stop, stop, I already dislike him as is.
Plus I doubt he could've overruled Denny O'Neil doing No Man's Land.
I'm still convinced that DC (and Western comics in general) being locked in an isolated, incestuous death spiral is because it's bullshit to break in and of those that do, only a certain type of passionate/dedicate fanboy can put up with all the bullshit from power-mad stunted manchildren.
>>
File: IMG_5982.jpg (1.05 MB, 2328x1792)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>143329343
>>
>>143292011
I'm going to Power her Girl...
>>
>>
File: IMG_7213.jpg (528 KB, 699x989)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
>>143331240
What do you mean?
>>
File: IMG_7231.jpg (134 KB, 584x445)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>143327410
The problem is she works best in a group. Her being in JSA or JLI/JLE is gold. The problem is that she is such a group character that noone knows how to write her.
>>
>>143330413
Not particularly fat here.
>>
File: IMG_7233.jpg (266 KB, 900x1350)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>143332640
And when you want to do a solo,with her you really need an idea were it should go or what the end is you want. But most writers go for “superheroing“ and that isnt working.
Thats why Palmiotti and Connor gave her Terra. She needs someone to bounce conversations and stuff.
And these story arcs are her best.
>>
>>143328628
Comics could be so much cheaper if they cut just three or so people from that list. Why not just hire cartoonists who also letter their own work. Jesus Christ these people are so fucking lazy. No wonder facial expressions rarely match what’s being spoken in balloons.

With well-managed lead time they could easily achieve this.
>>
File: IMG_7234.jpg (421 KB, 900x1366)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>143332707
>>
>>143297759
Booba
>>
>>143328699
https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Brittany_Holzherr/Editor
I don't see it as animosity, just not giving a fuck. This book only exists as a cost of keeping the trademark alive so Marvel doesn't give us Danielle Cage: Power Girl.
>>
>>143330343
>I doubt he could've overruled Denny O'Neil doing No Man's Land.
As the Executive Editor he outranked him. But Denny himself had tuned out. Here's Alan Grant on how the assistant editors were running the show. https://web.archive.org/web/20070510002531/https://ohdannyboy.blogspot.com/2007/01/batman-alan-grant-norm-breyfogle-speak.html
>The whole thing was created in the office by the back-up assistants. A bigger pile of shit you couldn’t hope to discover and yet it was foisted upon us.
>As I said the three Bat assistants sort of formed a triumvirate which became a barrier between writers like myself and Doug Moench and Denny who was still the senior Batman editor. More and more of their opinions were enforced. The ways they thought Batman should be were enforced. The stories they thought were good were enforced. Ideas they didn’t like, Denny wouldn’t have gotten the chance to see or hear them. I guess it was kind of like overthrowing the king or something.
>The fax was from Scott. Basically it said, “You guys are probably wondering how the Cataclysm storyline is selling. I’ve got to tell you it’s getting great reaction from the fans, retailers love it, Batman sales are up,” I’ve still got it, the original fax. I kept it because it’s an historical document because there’s so much pish contained in it, “Sales are going through the roof, they love it,” and it went on like this for half a page. I honestly was thinking the guy was leading towards the fact that it was going so well, even though you thought it was crap, it’s going so well we’re going to give you all a $10,000 bonus. When I finally got halfway down the second page it got around to saying, “What’s all this got to do with me as a Batman writer you’re asking? Well the answer is this: as of next month you will no longer be writing Batman. That’s right. You are off your title. We will be getting other writers in to take over.” They sent out the same fax to Doug Moench and Chuck Dixon.
>>
>>143332745
This’. I’ve never understood why they need three fucking editors every issue of every book.

>>143332924
Ignorance isn’t acceptable. They shouldn’t be hiring people who don’t care. No other consumer-based company in America would countenance shit that angers consumers so often. I’ve worked at multiple top companies (toy sector, jewelry sector, corporate gifting sector) and if you pissed people off and effected sales, or worse made the brand look bad, your ass would be reprimanded or fired.

In comics you get a pat on the back and a new gig ASAP.
>>
>>143332959
We're in late-stage DC.
>>
>>143332991
This is sad. I like the comics medium and I want to keep loving them. I love DC and I love a lot of the books they publish.
>>
>>143332991
comic book movies might have been the worst thing to happen to comics.
>>
>>143292011
Is this the new Leah Williams run? I do think it's a little strange, since I actually enjoyed her take on Gwenpool, especially towards the end. She clearly doesn't shy away from fanservice writing, mixed with *serious drama*. I'm going to blame editorial mismanagment and a serious misinterpretation of what Peej's audience is looking for.
>>
>>143332951

What the fuck. Why would they do that?
>>
>>143292362
This, she literally has no value.
>>
File: living the dream.png (392 KB, 761x516)
392 KB
392 KB PNG
>>143333420
The job attracts people who power trip and love to assert their authority and force their own tastes. The way those editors handled that situation was terribly inconsiderate, but I'm torn because I also loved the Rucka/Grayson/Brubaker era and Grant/Dixon/Moench had been on the bat-books for nearly a decade so it would have been courteous of them to step aside and let other people get their turn to write the Batman on-goings. The best you can hope for is a power tripping editor with great taste because the ones who don't give enough of a damn to meddle can also result in bad books.
>>
>>143292720
>Conner/Palmotti's Power Girl run.
>Can you explain that to me?

You mean just a angry asshole white girl who represents a big hits as a joke
>>
>>143292862
No one cares about your cartoon porn fetish.
>>
>>143293812
>>Independent, self-assured confident woman that refuses to take shit from anyone or let anyone but herself define her. Becomes her own boss as owner of a tech company
> But in the end she puts herself out there as a sex joke without being aware or fun with it
>>
>>143293941
>Karen Starr is simple, tongue-in-cheek and rolls off the tongue.

Sounds like a girl boss before girl boss was invented.
>>
>>143294766
>>143294779
>>143294854
Sounds like Bayonetta without the self aware fun. But this sounds like fucking cheap porn gimmick found in indie rated comics
>>
>>143333610
>without the self aware fun
lol
lmao even
>>
>>143294854
Now you see why Lex Luthor is right.
>>
>>143294204
When was that established? She wasn’t immune enough to be retconned to be an Atlantean sorcerer for years because of the sole kryptonian mandate.
>>
>>143295252
But alas this isn't the case, she's memed to porn levels so her character has no serious credibility anymore. At least She Hulk plays up she's a Mega slut super heroine with a impossibly sexual appearance. Karen is a prude who hates being ogled by guys.
>>
>>143301473
>>143301510
>>143302037
Her name indicates immaturity for a woman who is trying to remain a bold feminist force of inhuman power, it sounds like a porn name to influence pure approachable sexuality for the male indiviadual to take advantage of rather than fully indicate absolute respect and inspiration. She's not a girl, she's a woman.
>>14330324
>>143303737

She looks way more perverted than Wonder Woman and her status is defined by her knockers and how people react to them. Wonder Woman is only seen in a lewd sense if she's written more fetish which is rare.
>>
>>143307360
>Modern writers hate her because her original personality was assertive. She’s a physical powerhouse with an alpha personality.

But she's still boring and nothing but a pin up slut deep down, her personality is non existent compared to her tits and her being a superman ripoff. Black Canary is a better alpha/sigma female type and she actually better written and fun.
>>
>>143318445
She's a porn meme. I doubt it.
>>
File: daredevil 095 p_025.jpg (650 KB, 1072x1600)
650 KB
650 KB JPG
>>143333837
The historical context here is that in the 70s Gerry Conway wanted to be a good feminist ally but he just kept blundering into faux pas. People sent in angry letters during his Daredevil run telling him that the DD/Widow interactions were sexist and it totally blindsided him. He was defensive at first, but made an attempt to accommodate the criticism (with mixed results, often writing Widow as incredibly cranky). Power Girl is just another one of those things.
>>
>>143333671
COIE. Anyone standing at the Dawn of Time was immune to the multiverse getting tampered with. The Arion stuff got retconned as just being a ruse by Arion to use her as a vessel to create Equinox to put an end of Scarabus once and for all. JSA Classified revealed that her Post-Zero Hour history was pretty much the same as classic Supergirl, except she landed as an adult, and Batman figured out that she "wasn't" Kryptonian.
>>
File: 1227634426946.jpg (150 KB, 574x429)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>143333673
>Karen is a prude who hates being ogled by guys.
Huh? She doesn't hate being ogled; she just thinks guys too stupid to look past he big tits aren't worth paying attention to. I'd use the times in the Palmatti/Conner run where she just rolls her eyes about it before getting back to business, but a lot of people in this thread seem to assume we've ONLY ever read that run and nothing else.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.