[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>finally gets a chance to end his beloved series
>kino first three episodes, followed by filler and a garbage rushed ending
>”I just didn’t have enough time!”
>makes a new show which has a unanimously loved first season
>second season has a bunch of kino, followed by a filler episode, then a filler three episode arc, leading to another garbage rushed ending
>it’s so unsalvageable that he is just going to do an anthology with vague themes
>makes a fucking garbage show that’s a massive mess of pacing issues and unresolved ideas and plot points
I’m starting to think Genndy might just be a hack
>>
The game ending that is canon was good so he was right.
>>
>>143309719
Is he making stories on the fly?
>>
Genndy needs somebody to hold his hand and edit his scripts. He's clearly a genius but, yes, he has a tendency to fumble the endings of his stuff.
>>
As someone who consumes disgusting amounts of media I feel like 90% of people fuck up endings and honestly the last third of everything.
>>
>>143311302
I've always thought if I had a series I'd write basically two season 1s, and save one to be the final season, so it ends on a fresh note when ideas hadn't yet been done and creativity was peak.
>>
>>143309719
03 clone wars is still his peak.
>>
>>143309719
Both Primal and Unicorn Warriors are SHIT, this man lost his touch
>>
>phone filename "GENNDY BAD" thread
gee, I wonder who could be behind this
>>
File: signed autogra.png (89 KB, 241x241)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>143309719
why do you think that
>>
>>143311302
I'm not gonna lie to you, the Return of the King and the ending of the Hobbit both piss me off, even in book form

pick an ending and end the fucker, don't keep faking out and one more thinging it, trust the audience to accept the end of the story

they'll walk if I tell them to
>>
File: yikes.png (117 KB, 336x240)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>143312336
Butch Hartmann??!
>>
>>143312336
this board is really boring sometimes
>>143312379
no, but good for you for apparently not being chronically online
>>
People that think primal S2 is bad are brianlets desu

Comparing it to Jack S5 is total nonsense, Ashi drags the show down for the whole season
>>
>>143309719
Genndy can't do serialization, period.
>>
>>143312278
Based
>>
>>143311302
It's weird, right? Again and again, people think of a cool concept, start it well enough, but then in the ending absolutely fucking ruin it.
>>
>>143309719
Samurai Jack S5 has a better gold-to-shit ratio than the rest of the series. Also episode four is good and combined with the first 3 make for a completely satisfying story arc for Ashi and Jack.
>>
>>143313303
>Samurai Jack S5 has a better gold-to-shit ratio than the rest of the series.

...what? No way. Like half of S5 is bad, with a few dipping way more into "shit" than any episodes of the prior seasons. Episode...8 I think it was? Where it's just them going around to various people that summarize other, better episodes of Samurai Jack? Worst episode of the fucking series, easily, and S5 has it.
>>
>>143311343
That also can creatively stifle I’d you. Characters develop a lot over the course of a show and by the end of may no longer make sense to finish things off the way you had planned.
>>
>>143313564
Yeah Harry Potter flat out ran into this
>>
>>143312354
The Scouring of the Shire is kino, though.
>>
>>143309719
he is an animator and character designer, not a writter.
The moment people realise this things will stop being so fucking shit.
>>
Test
>>
>>143312354
At least he had the sense to cut the "Sam's kids ask dad to tell them stories before they head out on a trip to Aragorn's royal lakehouse north of the Shire" epilogue.
>>
>>143309719
it's "i just didn't have enough budget"

which is 300% real. Genndy directed a hit trilogy that became a franchise. That's what he can do with a proper budget.

Studios see "2D animation" and thin flash puppet rig shit and give him a budget according to that. You can't do jack shit with that, so he cuts corners everywhere and always ends up cutting the ending the worst.

Unicorn tho', he straight up dropped the series midways. You can pinpoint the exact chapter where he told the studio they are on their own. no idea what happened there.
>>
>>143311343
Just like How I Met Your Mother! Everyone loved the ending of that, right?
>>
If endings were easy, people wouldn't have such a hard time with them.
>>
>>143311302
It is so bad that I am often tempted to just waiting something out and see if it actually ends and ends well. Almost everything either doesn't complete, the quality changes so much that I lose interest, or they just botch the ending.

This is one of the upsides of just dumping a whole series onto a streaming service. We find out really quick if the first few episodes are just a fluke.
>>
File: troll revenant.png (34 KB, 896x896)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>143309719
>OP got filtered THREE times
lol
>>
File: 1708108058564081.jpg (177 KB, 1290x1601)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>143311302
A lot of media, especially long running media, fumble their ending. Genndy didn't fumble SJ so much as he drop kicked it into a flaming landfill
>>
>>143309719
SJ was great y'all filtered

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.