[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born—to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Through the years, their roster has prospered, changing many times, their glory has never been denied! Heed the call, then—for now, the Avengers Assemble!

Fuck shit I’m late! Spider-Man guest star
>>
Ok lets start
>>
I think this is all the old threads

>>143225575
>>143239460
>>143255893
>>143270345
>>
Hope everyone is doing well
>>
more Kang!! I forgot how serialized these early issues are

>>143311637
>>143311622

I love all the stupid ceremony the Avengers do with the meetings and the chairman and shit.

Also why does Kang think Iron Man is the most powerful Avenger
>>
>>143311662

That's a rough Mysterio
>>
>>
>>
>>143311706

Is "Spiders and Wasps are natural enemies" from an Avengers/Janet appearance in Spider-Man?
>>
>>
>>143311738

very funny they keep having to fly commercial
>>
>>
>>
>>143311783

That first panel is crazy
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>143311859

That last panel of Kang is very funny
>>
Spider-Man how did you get to Mexico?
>>
I find it charming how often they seem to just run out of pages and wrap it up real quick

>>143311894

What the fuck
>>
Pin up!

>>143311905

lol at that final panel of sad Kang
>>
Be back in a few
>>
>>143311662
>Also why does Kang think Iron Man is the most powerful Avenger
>"without the power of Iron Man, they are now at their weakest fighting strength"
Look at it like this; Despite being from the future, Kang is observing the events of the Avengers' lives in the order they happen, and the team being a member short makes them weaker than they've ever been since he first fought them.
>>
>>143311723
>Is "Spiders and Wasps are natural enemies" from an Avengers/Janet appearance in Spider-Man?
IIRC it came from a Spider-Man appearance in Hank & Jan's run in Tales to Astonish.
>>
>>143311723
I think it's just something Stan Lee pulled out of his ass
>>
>>143312055

Oh I assumed it wasn't based in science or anything

Interesting note, and I dunno if Stan was ever thinking about this, is Janet and Peter are super close in age, especially compared to the rest of the team. She's like 19 or something insane
>>
I wish I could remember when Jan mentions her age bc when I first saw it it fucked me up bad. Her and Pym have a crazy relationship
>>
Reed and Sue have an age gap too (that everyone's forgot). 60s were different man
>>
>>
>>143312383

I fucking hate the nickname High Pockets so much
>>
>>
>>
Just noticed Janet added a W to her costume
>>
>>
>>
>>
hdvp
>>
>>
Cap randomly stopping a crime cool
>>
>>
>>143312611

The Red Ghost rocks, he should be used more. Well his apes actually, fuck him.
>>
>>
>>143312631

Iron Man pulling a gun out of his suit is so cool
>>
>>
>>
Introducing Count Neferia!
>>
Did not spell that name right
>>
>>
Oh hey the Maggia. Stan did not try that hard coming up with that name. This might be their first appearance?
>>
Didn't even realize we were 13 issues in already! A year's worth of comics, no one correct me if this was bi monthly
>>
Madame Masque is Count Nefaria's daughter?!?! I was reading the wiki page on the Maggia
>>
WHy the fuck would you move a castle brick by brick
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Think we'll end on that "cliffhanger", until next time.
>>
Have they ever Avenging someone?
>>
>>143314357
wat.
>>
>>143312461
>t. Low Pockets
>>
>>143311894
The insane things Spider-Man could do with his webs back in the day. Kinda wish they brought it back.
>>
60s Marvel is still the most consistent that any superhero publisher ever was.
>>
>>143311894
>Batman: Spend hundreds on cape that can become a glider.
>Spider-man: "Ah ah ah, web fluid goes brrrrrrrr."
>>
>>143317726
yeah, consistently ruined by Stan Lee dialogue and Vince Colletta inks
>>
>>143312545
Wait, Ironman fired compressed air???
>>
>>143317726
Nah, most of it was trash.
>>
Thank you so much for these threads OP, I've been reading these the morning after so I am not around when you are but I love them.
>>
>>143317726
America's Best Comics had more good stuff.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.