[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5954.jpg (683 KB, 828x976)
683 KB
683 KB JPG
How would you do a Batman beyond movie, animated or live action?
>>
>>143314136
Animated and I'd have Bruce Timm do it.
What I expect, live action slop where Terry is black.
>>
>>143314136
I wouldn't. I'll make a movie where the league are dinosaurs instead.
>>
File: batman chin stroke.gif (505 KB, 290x200)
505 KB
505 KB GIF
>>143314144
>terry is actually the son of bruce and waller
>>
File: exit.webm (149 KB, 640x480)
149 KB
149 KB WEBM
>>143314136
>How would you do a Batman beyond mov--
Batman Beyond is dead.
>>
>>143314136
Exactly the way Villeneuve would want to do it, with no studio interference, because he's literally the only person I'd trust to make it work.
>>
Animated, I know this is going to get shit but "Spiderverse-styled" 3D but using Timm's artstyle as the base.
Also if you're going to do live action you need to have it be full on Sin City stylized ccinematography at least for the suit scenes. People neglect that the Beyondsuit cannot work in real life. The whole point is it's a vantablack living shadow with a stark silhouette. They'd fuck it all up by trying to make it armor or a big black basketball.
>>
File: IMG_5955.jpg (304 KB, 1920x800)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>143314220
Why? That’s a lame fucking answer. I know terry was created because execs wanted a teenage Batman but still the character and world exists.
>>
>>143314136
>Villenueve
Leave it be. He'd be Zack Snyder 2.0
I say that as someone who liked BR2049
>>
File: hmm.gif (1.37 MB, 294x231)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
>>143314174
>>
>>143314136
Live action, directed by Robert Rodriguez
>>
The DCAU really was a mistake.
>>
File: not_schway.jpg (22 KB, 640x480)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>143314220
>Batman Beyond is dead.
>>143314280
>Why?
-Conroy is gone.
-There's no way they could get away with the tone/humor/vibe in today's social climate. It's literally Y2K.
-Max Gibson would become a fat, ugly girlboss.
They'd race swap Terry and it would be a monkey's paw situation.
-Willie Watt would be a stand-in for the incel problem.
-Either Inque or Melanie Walker would be trans.
-Derek Powers would be played by some quippy Sam Rockwell or Jared Leto type.
-Old Bruce would get character assassinated. He's a wise, old, white male mentor and that's not allowed now without certain caveats. I say this as a blackanon who shot preteen ropes to Max's monstrously proportioned tits.

Those are just the few I can come up with off the top of my head. They'd find a way to ruin everything you loved about the original, just like they did with Star Wars and Doctor Who. Do you guys really want to take a chance on a "Kill the Justice League" style revamp/sendoff for the Batman a lot of 2000s kids grew up with? Look at the current horrible BLM comics of Static and compare them with the Milestone stuff or the OG animated series. Sometimes dead is better.
>>
>>143314144
Only if Timm is given a leash with a strong hand on the other end to stop him from doing something retarded again.
>>
>>143314844
No. Let him cook.
>>
>>143314856
>Let him cook.
That's how Babs fucking a black happened.
>>
>>143314174
Now that's an interesting take, haven't seen a wallerxbruce before, plus they get minority points if they get a mulato dude to play Terry. But I'm sure the chud sphere would throw the only pissy fit cause they don't want no niggerbats.
>>
>>143314174
Could we get some of Carl Weathers's DNA and create a clone of him to play this Terry
>>
>>143315032
She was in her 70s anon, I doubt there was much fuckin at that point
>>
>>143315032
I'm more surprised you brought that up over Bruce and Barbara
>>
>>143314136
go back in time to when Conroy was alive
cast him as old bruce (and find the cure for butt cancer while you're there)
hire paul dini and alan burnett to write it
>>
>>143314392
don't use their term if you're against them

also it must be really hard being one of the good ones. I'm sorry. But we appreciate you.
>>
>>143314136
>Cucked by Dinosaurs
>>
>Faggots online want it to be Spider-Verse: Batman edition
Such a shit boring request. In a perfect world, the team behind it should try to make it its own thing, the same way the OG expanded of the previous cartoon.
>>
>>143314136

After the Justice League disaster of 2017, I would have fast tracked a Batman Beyond movie for 2019, the 80th anniversary of the character, with Michael Keaton returning to mentor the next Batman and Tim Burton Directing thereby completing the end of their trilogy they never got to finish while it would have hit the 30th anniversary of the 89 movie!!!FACT!!!
>>
Hey we already have the show and comics, but who cares! More slop please!
>>
>>143314136
So it will be a grey brown toned movie, with Zendaya as Dana, and a BWOOOOOM soundtrack?
>>
>>143314136
beyond is one of the few things i can still cherish that hasn't been ruined. just let it be please.
>>
Listen, unless if they can capture the feeling of the OP then I don't want it even if I liked Bladerunner 2049
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS1s3T-rnFU
>>
>>143317358
>Listen, unless if they can capture the feeling of the OP then I don't want it even if I liked Bladerunner 2049
They'd refuse to even if they could. BB was pre-9/11 and the culture was VERY different. They'd probably turn Terry's high school life into some Euphoria-esque cringefest.

>>143315498
I suppose I'm glad you think I'm a credit to my race or whatever but every black person in America isn't like the stereotypes you see here.

>>143315032
>That's how Babs fucking a black happened.
Sam was played by a closeted gay man IRL who happened to be one of the better late 20th century character actors. She also was a bit of a mama bear towards him and that kind of subverted the BBC stereotype
>>
>>143317358
I never understood what that eye opening at the start was supposed to convey.
>>
>>143317425
Spellbinder.
>>
>>143314280
https://youtu.be/IQRpb-Ckz68
>>
>>143314260
You think he'd show tge actual effect of Powers' nerve gas? Show didn't show the final result.
>>
>>143314136
Live action with actors that resemble the actors as closely as possible.
Will Friedle cameos as Terry's father who get's killed in the first act. Angie Harmon returns as Commissioner Barbara Gordon.
Main story is "Rebirth", but there will be references to other villains (news stories about slappers, burglaries where black residue is found but no means of entry found, etc).
Bruce and Terry have voice changers built in to the com link so they won't be identified if their transmissions are intercepted. Radio voices are Kevin Conroy (stock audio mixed with AI?) and Will Friedle. Bruce will explain that they are voices from an old cartoon show.
>>
>>143314136
I won't I wouldn't I couldn't.

It's great as it is. A blast from the past. Leave it be. Also bump.
>>
>>143314136
>Batman Beyond
>Cyber Punk
Retard.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.