[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I watched Nu-Ducktales, but no matter how hard I tried to watch it, I just didn't like it in the end, and I'm a zoomer by the way. Even those things that were good for me, ended up being bad. There are no adventures and it was too much of a sitcom for my taste, and the villains were desperate and even threw in the LGBT agenda. And most people like to watch it. Is it me or is the world just not in good taste?

I watched other Duck media and read the comics, and I liked the OG Ducktales and OG Darkwing Duck the best. I was hoping for a good crossover between the two series until I came across this "Dangerous Currency" comic and I didn't really like it. The only time I liked it was when Huey falls in love with Gosalyn. And there was no Duck Avenger either. What happened to today's American Disney that it has declined so much compared to European, even though they invented all those characters? And it doesn't surprise me that most prefer Daffy over Donald. Any discussion on all Duck media is welcome.
>>
>>143317770
Morgana a cute
>>
>>143317770
Why are they all white? What is this, 1935 Germany?
>>
>>143317905
There's yellow ducks on the right, checkmate.
>>
File: saubon01fw0.jpg (767 KB, 791x1023)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
>>143317770
>>
>>143317905
Um sweetie the spicy Latina ego duck is there
>>
>>143317905
2 of them look yellow to me, NuTales is the one with the "brown Cocky Latina to destroy your fragile male ego", the brown latino Gizmoduck and the super serious, strong and badass Dijon in order to overcompensate for the original being a comedic indian
>>
File: saubon02mf8.jpg (669 KB, 800x1028)
669 KB
669 KB JPG
>>
File: saubon03my9.jpg (663 KB, 800x1037)
663 KB
663 KB JPG
>>
File: saubon04gx7.jpg (722 KB, 800x1037)
722 KB
722 KB JPG
>>
>>143317770

1. It's really hard to recapture the magic, especially if you don't use the same people

2. Animators, even if they like the old Disney afternoon shorts, hate how most of them were made and don't want to be part of shows where the script and backgrounds are done in the US and the animation is contracted to Japan and now Korea. They all lust for making shows like the original nick toons block

3. The show probably wasn't made by fans. There are a lot of animators with big student loans and big mortgages and they just lie that they like something to get a job. We have a lot of people in animation that don't actually like the brands they work with and kind of hate their own lives.

4. Even if they do like rhebold show, most of them don't really understand what makes the original great and it ends up being a copy of the original and probably a copy of stuff that has nothing to do with it.

5. They secretly wish they were making something else and they do everything they can to turn the show into that something else. Shows like nubshe ra are a perfect example where the team really just wanted to make fanfiction they had written for princess Untina back in high school.

I really wish someone could make my post a sticking because this is a pretty concise reason for why modern animation sucks
>>
I still don’t truly get what brings out this level of rage from this particular reinterpretation from duckers outside pure, unadulterated autism about status quo
And no it’s not because of the brown duck because the same autistic rage was happening years before she was even announced
>>
>>143317980
This is a great explanation and well said. The problem is that if you comment on it to someone else, you are immediately called a "boomer" and a nostalgic retard. It's just that the world (the Western world) doesn't understand that animation has become too much of a global market thing and not a matter of creativity. Yes, I have noticed that in most reboots, they are mostly mockingly related to the original. Not only Ducktales 2017 is the only case, you also have Animaniacs and Tiny Toons where they spat on the original, only to say at the end of the Animaniacs reboot that the whole reboot is bad. So what did they do anyway? Anyway, great explanation.

>>143318062
What do you mean by that? I don't hate Ducktales 2017, I'm just not a fan of that series and prefer the original, that's all.
>>
>>143317770
>What happened to today's American Disney that it has declined so much compared to European, even though they invented all those characters?
American Disney shaped their characters by the cartoons and only the cartoons, while European Disney pretty much writes their own canon and only grudgingly obeys the barest minimum of mandates (like how Donald is never allowed to permanently break up with Daisy despite Europe giving him so many infinitely-better choices for girlfriends).
>>
>>143318526
>Euros basically write the Cabs out of existence because they can’t understand Donald having bros
Nah their canon is shit
>>
File: 1683823991528.gif (444 KB, 500x400)
444 KB
444 KB GIF
>>143317905
Heh
>>
>>143318828
>>Euros basically write the Cabs out of existence because they can’t understand Donald having bros
>Nah their canon is shit
This is where you are wrong. Caballeros appear in European comics, specifically Dutch comics.
>>
>>143317905
This duck is not. That one is from Southern Germany. XD Those who understand will understand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVtB6afVg9A
>>
>>143317923
>2 of them look yellow to me
Honker is half-goose and half-chicken, not duck.
>>
>>
>>143319262
I’m aware of the once in a blue moon Dutch Panchito comic (which I think is because how weirdly they are into cowboys even now)
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a European comic where all three interact, there probably exists one
>>
>>143317770
>didn't riked NuTales
Absolutely respectable. I riked it, and no one else has to.
>Dangerous Currency was a mediocre crossover
Well that's because it was rushed in every single way, and made for memberberry purposes.
>>
>>143320195
Dangerous Currency wasn't even supposed to be made since Disney had already pulled all the rights from Boom Comics, but they went ahead with it anyway and really pissed the Mouse off. The Darkwing Duck omnibus completely erased the crossover and ended the Boom run with a new ending that led into the sadly-short-lived Joe Books comic.
>>
Scrooge should donate all of his money to minorities and publicly flog himself.
>>
>>143320253
Guess I was half wrong. Made by people who WANTED to do it, but they didn't have the time.

You reminded me there could have been more Rescue Rangers arcs, but the fucking rights pulling was stupid and gay. The Shadow But Duck got several good and long arcs, but the Rodent Gang barely got 2. Oh well......
>>
>>143317980
>>143318235
Is there actual evidence that the people who make these reboots hate the original shows? I mean interview clips of them shit talking the originals. Going "just look at it" isn't enough for me because in my neck of the woods, I've seen people praise Nu-duckles for being very respectful to the original, but you guys seem to think otherwise because of how you frankly see the western animation industry as a commie leftist nightmare of jaded greedy people who are selfish.

Not even shilling because I thought nuDucktales was fine
>>
>>143320443
I don't know if you were there when NuTales premiered, but the hate was originally coming from a vocal minority absolutely livid about how it was NOT a direct adaptation of the comics, but instead taking more ideas than 1987 version, while being completely its own thing. It wasn't faithful enough to the books. And not similar enough to the old show. (Almost) no one was talking about it being "communist whatever made by bad people". And having said that, there absolutely IS a fair amount of new /co/ media made by talentless marxists who apparently grew up watching nothing but (later) MCU and similar trash.

NuTales of course is not that.
>>
>>143317922
Uhm no she isn't..OG gosalyn isn't Latino you retarded fuckstick
>>
>>143320879
Bot or newfag? Who knows.
>>
>>143320915
OG gosalyn isn't a spicy Latino..she's just a normal American kid with a lot of spirit. Also I would totally fuck her up the ass
>>
File: 736muexej6m61.jpg (443 KB, 1080x1309)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>
>>143317905
There are no black ducks in duckberg.
>>
>>143320443
I think in the last interview with Frank Angones and Matt Youngberg when they released the book The Art of Ducktales they were talking about it and when asked what is your favorite character in DT17, Angones unironically said Doofus. And it's not that they didn't care about the original, it's that they didn't care about either Ducktales or Duck comics, they cared about Darkwing Duck. They wanted a Darkwing Duck reboot a long time ago and they wanted to push it somehow. Like with Marvel's Avengers, they wanted to make something spectacular, so they introduced everything from Disney Afternoon that they could find. I have nothing against the changes, the beginning was good, but the problem was later, when they were creating some dramatic story and then turning it into a sitcom and a fake Hollywood spectacle at the end.

And it doesn't surprise me that they didn't end up getting a Darkwing Duck reboot, they gave it to another man. I just follow the series well and look at the relationship between Launchpad and Drake and you will see that they wanted to imitate Darkwing Duck more than Ducktales. If they really wanted to care about it, they could have given Donald Duck a bigger role, and Scrooge wouldn't be a side character all the time.
>>
>>143320657
You also have disappointed people, like me who watched Ducktales 2017 and yes, I watched to the end and I can say that they ruined even those things that were good at the beginning. And let them be a special thing, but I'll tell you really, that series is not for everyone, and it's not for me either. Although I can't say that it is for children, more for older teenagers and young women between 20 and 30 years old, maybe even for the elderly, I can't say for men.

I wouldn't want to criticize anything about it, this link is a real essay criticizing everything negative in Nu-Ducktales: https://papadripopoulos.me/ducktales

Don Rosa was right.
>>
File: changing the channel.png (1020 KB, 960x720)
1020 KB
1020 KB PNG
>>143322657
>linking to a critical essay of NuTales posted on someone's blog
>>
>>143319279
>Modern Amerimutt in 1935 Germany
>>
>>143322747
What would you? Should I directly copy the text from the Feathery Society forum where user djnyr wrote a long essay entitled "I come to bury Ducktales 2017, not to praise it" and post it here?
>>
>>143317905
They're Pekin Ducks, a breed that was brought to America from China during the late 19th Century.
>>
>>143317770
Watching nuDucks, there was some good bits, but a lot of "meh" and bad bits.
Really the only great bits worth a reboot were Della, the moon song/lullaby, the improved background/side character designs, the intro, and a good chunk of Launchpad, but damn was the whole show overall a downgrade. I liked the fact they changed the triplets' voices, but I don't like who they picked.
Race-swapping ducks to make them brown was a MASSIVE red flag, though I liked Fenton's mom because the gag of overdramatic Mexican soaps never get old for me. If they wanted to "diversify" the voice cast, they could've done that, whatever, but by changing their feather color, that's a strong sign they're just doing it for virtue signalling.

The social media villain, I don't know, I thought he'd be a big wall of cringe, but his gag was so stupid it looped back to being funny.
Admittedly I never finished the series, I dipped after the alien invasion finale, everything with the aliens was just so hamfisted, I never understood why the villain there was straight-up religiously booty-blasted about Earth to the point of suicide-bombing it even though his troops are still there, or how such a high-tech civilization could go so long confused about which is a moon and which is the planet.
It's just not a good plot at all, shit writing. I assume the alien villain guy's pic is probably up in the office somewhere with a bunch of darts on it and Trump's face photoshopped onto him or something, the writers REALLY wanted to make the guy look insane and irredeemable.
>>
>>143317770
I HATED nuDarkwing and Gosalyn, they were awful compared with the originals.

https://youtu.be/9g-oTvfrFn8
>>
Will never stop being unreasonably annoyed at how they did my Lena so dirty

>>143322933
>I dipped after the alien invasion finale
you missed nothing
>>
File: dt1.png (737 KB, 1063x952)
737 KB
737 KB PNG
>>143323063

I agree. OG gosalyn was way better. I mean... look at that ass!
>>
>>143322821
No, you TL;DR the main points and put them into your own words. Write a few sentences, a mini paragraph if you must. Linking to fucking blog essays is very uncouth around this parts, partner.
>>
>>143317770
Most people didnt like it, you're not alone OP. There's a reason it got cancelled.
>>
>>143324002
Nice try, Mr Gas Lighter. But the truth is, it got cancelled early because NuDisney was starting to run out of money, and 2D animation was the easiest part to defund. As for /co/ posters, most (not all) who liked NuTales did not change their minds, they simply stopped making threads and stopped talking about it. Maybe because there is nothing to hype over when nothing new is coming.
>>
>>143323956
Ah, okay.
>>
Ducklooney
>>
quack bump
>>
Not the end (yet)
>>
>>143317923
Based
>>
File: ducktales1.png (1.31 MB, 1237x951)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>
>>143319855
>Duck-Mallard family
Is the idea here that Drake is related to Donald?
>>
>>143322657
I'm still jumpscared and a bit unnerved seeing either that forum or my site be linked here

>>143323956
The essay is too in-depth for an accurate TLDR, but the very very very simplified gist is the show's too interested in trying to look cool and subverting expectations and being a superhero show, and uses the pre-existing characters and concepts as a means to do that, while the showrunner went online and pretended that was not what they were doing for fandom points.
>>
File: Bubbles1.jpg (123 KB, 1440x1080)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>143322657
I went ahead and read some of that essay forever ago and honestly; I feel this is just his opinion, no real objective facts. He just feels that the show is manipulative, he feels the show is abusing nostalgia for attention and success. I didn't feel much of anything watching this show considering I did not grow up much with Ducktales, all I saw were people praising NuDucktales. That being said, when >>143320657 said it was neither an adaptation of the comic books or did it stayed true to the cartoon 100%, that was the only time I can understand where you guys are coming from.

Anyway, as for your comments about how new /co/ media made by marxists? And now you claim the MCU is new? Bro, Iron Man was well before the MCU became what it is now; Super conveyerbelt-y.

Also, as for that comment wondering what NuDucktales was for, the part that threw me off was when you said you can't say it's for men. I thought SpikeTV wasn't as valued of a channel anymore since gendered marketing isn't so big anymore.
>>
>>143326783
I can agree with that criticism to some degree. I am obviously less cynical, but I see that is somewhat true.
>>
>>143322524
It's funny you said they made the show like a sitcom when there was an episode that parodied sitcoms that Goofy appeared in. I still think the show was more focused on having adventures rather than just superhero stuff. I think the most I could think of it doing superhero stuff was them saving the day from evil
>>
>>143327219
Everything made after and during Endgame (Cpt Marvel) was mostly bad, and quickly turned superbad (Guardians 2 is like a diamond among excrement). I don't know if you confused me with another anon, but will just make it super clear that the second half of MCU is what's terrible. It used to be really good. And yes, I know when Iron Man came out, I watched it and it's a 10/10 version.
>>
>>143327296
*Guardians 3
>>
>>143327235
I don't agree with all the criticisms in that long-ass essay (for instance I do think the art looks good more often than it doesn't, in Nutales), but I do think it's worthwhile reading overall for a general "oh I didn't even notice this" set of arguments. That said, directly quoting from his last post rather than trying to do a TLDR myself from memory:
>I’ve tried to demonstrate how New Ducktales, even taken on its own terms as a “reboot”, possessed many fatal flaws, chief among them tonal inconsistency, continually self-deflating writing, and poorly drawn characterizations.
>>
>>143327296
So... People working in the animation industry grew up with movies after Endgame? They're that young?
>>
>>143317923
>the original being a comedic indian

I thought he was Middle Eastern?
>>
>>143327853
Yep, he’s Middle Eastern.

With that said, the reboot depiction feels more like an entirely different character.

If I were in charge of depicting him

>Keep him a minion working for an evil villain
>Make his reasons more sympathetic, pick your poison on the specific circumstances
>Is skilled in cunning and acrobatics/gymnastic type stuff, but lacks self confidence
>Is treated surprisingly nicely by Scrooge and the boys
>Deserts/quits working for evil and switches sides to Scrooge instead.
>>
Bumptales woo hoo
>>
>>143317915
One of those is a nerdy gosling
>>
>>143326744
If Drake Mallard is related to Molly Mallard, Drake being a distant cousin of Scrooge McDuck’s would be pretty funny.
>>
>>143317770
>I watched Nu-Ducktales, but no matter how hard I tried to watch it, I just didn't like it in the end, and I'm a zoomer by the way.
Yeah, yeah, everyone clapped.
>>
>>143329213
Would have to be a pretty distant branch, but not impossible, I guess. A sibling of Molly Mallard going to the US, and two or three generations later you get Drake Mallard
>>
>>143317923
Don't forget Bombie the Zombie went from African to green Frankenstein monster wannabe
>>
File: Bombie.png (633 KB, 821x565)
633 KB
633 KB PNG
>>143317923
>>143329726
>>
File: Bombie censorship.png (156 KB, 722x1225)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>143329755
Bombie is being censored in Comic's reprints, I actually own uncensored prints of some of his comic stories that I bought back when I was young
>>
>>143325410
>Ducklooney
Who?
>>
File: RCO001_w.jpg (950 KB, 1280x2068)
950 KB
950 KB JPG
Maybe the OP won't like it, but I'm going to post the Dangerous Currency comics which is split into four parts and came out as two Darkwing Duck comics and two OG Ducktales comics. Then you judge what it is like in the end.
>>
>>143327271
>It's funny you said they made the show like a sitcom when there was an episode that parodied sitcoms that Goofy appeared in.
I meant the whole series which really felt like a sitcom. First to a family drama in the first season, to become more of a sitcom in the second and third seasons. Adventures were only at the beginning and end of the series, while the rest mostly takes place in Duckburg and has boring conversations. The first season was still ok, because it was on its own, but not after that. That episode with Goofy was one of the worst I've seen and don't even get me started on Donald's voice. They really shouldn't have made a supposed sitcom episode, when the whole series was a sitcom.

>I think the most I could think of it doing superhero stuff was them saving the day from evil
Supposedly yes, but in practice no. You have Darkwing and Gizmoduck, but they didn't really do anything big, most things were done by Scrooge who was also immortal and had all the personality of a superhero without being portrayed as a superhero, which I don't like at all. Ducktales 2017 was pretty much reduced to being something of a mix of Gravity Falls, DC and Marvel and Disney Afternoon all rolled into one. If they wanted to make Ducktales their own, fine, and that worked at first, but after that it felt more and more like they wanted to be the Avengers just with ducks. After all, they didn't introduce Duck Avenger, and they had all the time.
>>
File: RCO002.jpg (798 KB, 1280x1967)
798 KB
798 KB JPG
>>143330622
>>
File: RCO003.jpg (808 KB, 1280x1975)
808 KB
808 KB JPG
>>143330640
>>
File: RCO004.jpg (929 KB, 1280x1957)
929 KB
929 KB JPG
>>143330650
The beginning of the first part, enjoy.
>>
File: RCO005.jpg (979 KB, 1280x1957)
979 KB
979 KB JPG
>>143330659
>>
File: RCO006.jpg (913 KB, 1280x1957)
913 KB
913 KB JPG
>>143330667
>>
File: RCO007.jpg (985 KB, 1280x1957)
985 KB
985 KB JPG
>>143330679
>>
File: RCO008.jpg (953 KB, 1280x1957)
953 KB
953 KB JPG
>>143330702
>>
File: RCO009.jpg (961 KB, 1280x1957)
961 KB
961 KB JPG
>>143330713
>>
File: RCO010.jpg (1.06 MB, 1280x1957)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>143330722
>>
File: RCO011.jpg (939 KB, 1280x1957)
939 KB
939 KB JPG
>>143330727
>>
File: RCO012.jpg (1013 KB, 1280x1957)
1013 KB
1013 KB JPG
>>143330737
>>
File: RCO013.jpg (1.04 MB, 1280x1957)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>143330740
>>
File: RCO014.jpg (879 KB, 1280x1957)
879 KB
879 KB JPG
>>143330749
>>
File: RCO015.jpg (952 KB, 1280x1957)
952 KB
952 KB JPG
>>143330762
>>
File: RCO016.jpg (901 KB, 1280x1957)
901 KB
901 KB JPG
>>143330771
>>
File: RCO017.jpg (857 KB, 1280x1957)
857 KB
857 KB JPG
>>143330782
>>
File: RCO018_w.jpg (728 KB, 1280x2078)
728 KB
728 KB JPG
>>143330795
>>
File: RCO019.jpg (843 KB, 1280x1957)
843 KB
843 KB JPG
>>143330805
>>
File: RCO020_w.jpg (683 KB, 1280x2057)
683 KB
683 KB JPG
>>143330830
>>
File: RCO021.jpg (861 KB, 1280x1957)
861 KB
861 KB JPG
>>143330848
>>
File: RCO022.jpg (757 KB, 1280x1957)
757 KB
757 KB JPG
>>143330864
>>
File: RCO023.jpg (993 KB, 1280x1957)
993 KB
993 KB JPG
>>143330873
End of the first part, soon the second part.
>>
File: RCO001_w (1).jpg (672 KB, 1280x2080)
672 KB
672 KB JPG
>>143330888
The beginning of the second part. Enjoy!
>>
File: RCO002.jpg (597 KB, 1280x1981)
597 KB
597 KB JPG
>>143331188
>>
File: RCO003.jpg (682 KB, 1280x1983)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
>>143331195
>>
File: RCO004.jpg (939 KB, 1280x1954)
939 KB
939 KB JPG
>>143331205
>>
File: RCO005.jpg (1021 KB, 1280x1954)
1021 KB
1021 KB JPG
>>143331216
>>
File: RCO006.jpg (1.06 MB, 1280x1954)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>143331233
>>
File: RCO007.jpg (1011 KB, 1280x1954)
1011 KB
1011 KB JPG
>>143331238
>>
File: RCO008.jpg (1.1 MB, 1280x1954)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>143331272
>>
File: RCO009.jpg (1004 KB, 1280x1954)
1004 KB
1004 KB JPG
>>143331282
>>
File: RCO010.jpg (1.16 MB, 1280x1954)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>143331290
>>
File: RCO011_w.jpg (916 KB, 1280x2054)
916 KB
916 KB JPG
>>143331300
>>
File: RCO012_w.jpg (802 KB, 1280x2054)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
>>143331319
>>
File: RCO013.jpg (879 KB, 1280x1954)
879 KB
879 KB JPG
>>143331336
>>
File: RCO014.jpg (967 KB, 1280x1954)
967 KB
967 KB JPG
>>143331342
>>
File: RCO015.jpg (1.06 MB, 1280x1954)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>143331348
>>
File: RCO016.jpg (1.1 MB, 1280x1954)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>143331364
>>
File: RCO017.jpg (1006 KB, 1280x1954)
1006 KB
1006 KB JPG
>>143331372
>>
Too much set up and not enough payoffs. Was there really a point in suddenly making Webby a scrooge clone and introducing May and June?
>>
File: RCO018.jpg (1.08 MB, 1280x1954)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>143331378
>>
File: RCO019.jpg (934 KB, 1280x1954)
934 KB
934 KB JPG
>>143331402
>>
File: RCO020.jpg (949 KB, 1280x1954)
949 KB
949 KB JPG
>>143331407
>>
File: RCO021.jpg (1.89 MB, 2560x1954)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>143331428
>>
File: RCO022.jpg (1.08 MB, 1280x1954)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>143331494
>>
File: RCO023.jpg (1.08 MB, 1280x1954)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>143331543
>>
File: RCO024.jpg (1.07 MB, 1280x1954)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>143331550
End of the second part, soon the third part.
>>
File: RCO025.jpg (930 KB, 1280x1983)
930 KB
930 KB JPG
>>143331557
>>
File: RCO001.jpg (864 KB, 1280x1978)
864 KB
864 KB JPG
>>143331560
>>
File: RCO002.jpg (800 KB, 1280x1987)
800 KB
800 KB JPG
>>143331621
The beginning of the third part. Enjoy!
>>
File: RCO003.jpg (1.01 MB, 1280x1981)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>143331630
>>
File: RCO004.jpg (1.02 MB, 1280x1981)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>143331644
>>
File: RCO005.jpg (810 KB, 1280x1981)
810 KB
810 KB JPG
>>143331651
>>
File: RCO006.jpg (942 KB, 1280x1981)
942 KB
942 KB JPG
>>143331664
>>
File: RCO007.jpg (1.04 MB, 1280x1981)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>143331685
>>
File: RCO008.jpg (1009 KB, 1280x1981)
1009 KB
1009 KB JPG
>>143331694
>>
File: RCO009.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1981)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
>>143331704
>>
File: RCO010.jpg (1.64 MB, 2560x1981)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>143331713
>>
File: RCO011.jpg (828 KB, 1280x1981)
828 KB
828 KB JPG
>>143331737
>>
File: RCO012.jpg (1015 KB, 1280x1981)
1015 KB
1015 KB JPG
>>143331744
>>
File: RCO013.jpg (999 KB, 1280x1981)
999 KB
999 KB JPG
>>143331764
>>
File: RCO014.jpg (837 KB, 1280x1981)
837 KB
837 KB JPG
>>143331823
>>
File: RCO015_w.jpg (836 KB, 1280x2081)
836 KB
836 KB JPG
>>143331863
>>
File: RCO016_w.jpg (820 KB, 1280x2081)
820 KB
820 KB JPG
>>143331882
>>
File: RCO017.jpg (860 KB, 1280x1981)
860 KB
860 KB JPG
>>143331894
>>
File: RCO018.jpg (993 KB, 1280x1981)
993 KB
993 KB JPG
>>143331938
>>
File: RCO019_w.jpg (808 KB, 1280x2081)
808 KB
808 KB JPG
>>143332017
>>
File: RCO020.jpg (805 KB, 1280x1981)
805 KB
805 KB JPG
>>143332199
>>
File: RCO021.jpg (830 KB, 1280x1981)
830 KB
830 KB JPG
>>143332219
>>
File: RCO022.jpg (935 KB, 1280x1988)
935 KB
935 KB JPG
>>143332233
End of the third part. Fourth and final part coming soon.
>>
File: RCO001 (1).jpg (843 KB, 1280x1964)
843 KB
843 KB JPG
>>143332242
>>
File: RCO002.jpg (466 KB, 1280x1981)
466 KB
466 KB JPG
>>143332255
>>
File: RCO003.jpg (673 KB, 1280x1973)
673 KB
673 KB JPG
>>143332274
Beginning of the fourth and final part. Enjoy!
>>
File: RCO004.jpg (978 KB, 1280x1981)
978 KB
978 KB JPG
>>143332288
>>
File: RCO005.jpg (892 KB, 1280x1981)
892 KB
892 KB JPG
>>143332302
>>
File: RCO006_w.jpg (723 KB, 1280x2081)
723 KB
723 KB JPG
>>143332316
>>
File: RCO007.jpg (1.14 MB, 1280x1981)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>143332400
>>
File: RCO008.jpg (936 KB, 1280x1981)
936 KB
936 KB JPG
>>143332416
>>
File: RCO009.jpg (1.43 MB, 2560x1962)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>143332436
>>
File: RCO010.jpg (920 KB, 1280x1981)
920 KB
920 KB JPG
>>143332539
>>
File: RCO011.jpg (951 KB, 1280x1981)
951 KB
951 KB JPG
>>143332551
>>
File: RCO012.jpg (974 KB, 1280x1981)
974 KB
974 KB JPG
>>143332584
>>
File: RCO013.jpg (922 KB, 1280x1981)
922 KB
922 KB JPG
>>143332596
>>
File: RCO014.jpg (1.06 MB, 1280x1981)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>143332611
>>
File: RCO015.jpg (997 KB, 1280x1981)
997 KB
997 KB JPG
>>143332638
>>
File: RCO016_w.jpg (750 KB, 1280x2081)
750 KB
750 KB JPG
>>143332651
>>
File: RCO017.jpg (939 KB, 1280x1999)
939 KB
939 KB JPG
>>143332682
>>
File: RCO018.jpg (1.02 MB, 1280x1981)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>143332697
>>
File: RCO019.jpg (1.08 MB, 1280x1981)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>143332729
>>
File: RCO020_w.jpg (883 KB, 1280x2081)
883 KB
883 KB JPG
>>143332738
>>
File: RCO021.jpg (1.03 MB, 1280x1981)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>143332825
>>
File: RCO022.jpg (1.19 MB, 1280x1981)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>143332856
>>
File: RCO023.jpg (965 KB, 1280x1981)
965 KB
965 KB JPG
>>143332878
>>
File: RCO024.jpg (888 KB, 1280x1981)
888 KB
888 KB JPG
>>143332888
And the end of the fourth and final "Dangerous Currency" comic. I hope you liked it, somewhat. Certainly, apart from Nu-Tales, this is the only crossover between Ducktales and Darkwing Duck. Feel free to enjoy and if you need another comic, feel free to say so.
>>
>>143331382
>Was there really a point in suddenly making Webby a scrooge clone and introducing May and June?

There are several reasons:
1. They wanted to introduce April, May and June, and since Ducktales was coming to an end and Daisy only appeared in two episodes of the third season, they made Webby a supposed clone and Scrooge's daughter and then introduced May and June. The supposed excuse was taken when the Dutch dubbed the OG Ducktales in their own language and called Webby as Lizzy. Plus jealousy that The Legend of The Three Caballeros introduced Daisy's nieces the right way.

2. They wanted to make Scrooge a father, but they didn't know how, so they took a reference from Doctor Who where his daughter is a clone of himself, so they used it in the Ducktales finale. And that Webby be his heir, not Donald or his nephews.

3. They wanted Webby to be somehow remembered and not forgotten, although they could have done without her being a clone. And her being a clone is fine, but not being Scrooge's daughter. By doing so, they canceled the earlier message "Family is not only blood relation."

4. Stupid reason, but very likely it was done in haste when Angones realized he wasn't going to get a Darkwing Duck reboot and his series was over and then wrote a hasty Webby's Twist in the Ducktales reboot finale.
>>
>>143332938
Ultimately I’m surprised they only crossed over twice, and even the original shows being considered separate universes
Despite also sharing Launchpad, Drake and the characters and universe just feel entirely fit within the duck world. Darkwing was seamlessly woven into Ducktales 2017 as something that just makes sense
>>
>>143323076
I'd do her dirty in her wolf form if you know what I mean.
>>
File: aku20.gif (6 KB, 142x142)
6 KB
6 KB GIF
>>143334016
Furry?!
>>
>>143333390
About the only person who ever insisted that both shows were separate universes was Tad Stones. Everybody else always assumed they were connected because it simply made sense.
>Scrooge seen on a Duckburg sign in Gizmoduck's DW debut episode, plus he and Launchpad already acquainted with each other
>>
>>143327343
You know you never stop growing, right? How about "watched for more than a decade and heavily influenced"? Does that sound better? You have to be living under a rock to not see the later Marvel Cinematic Universe dialog and writing (basically discount Joss Whedon with none of his earlier talent) has a heavy influence over a SHITLOAD of people. And yes, some of those people make the entertainment. Did you forget the amazingly cringe political ad where Dark Brandon was Thanos and snapped Drumpf? I member.
>>
>>143334778
Tad Stones likes to troll.
>>
File: DonaldBear.png (124 KB, 370x172)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>143334246
Pot and kettle
>>
>>143329767
...are the fantagraphics books censored? was looking forward to get some.
>>
>>143336615
Only two of Don Rosa's comics were allegedly censored. And that's very crucial in relation to The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck and that's supposedly because of Bombie the Zombie.
>>
Bump
>>
Redpill me on DuckTales?
Woo ohhh
>>
>>143339140
>Redpill me on DuckTales?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJjTtLEF8DE
>>
>>143335747
Like when he sad the Rescue Rangers "movie" was something the fans need?
>>
>>143334016
>>
>>143339428
Eh, that's already something else. I know he said that Megavolt is supposedly not a rat, but a dog, and he has the characteristics of a rat. Strange, isn't it?
>>
>>
>>143329726
>>143329755
That's just Solomon Grundy, down to the same voice actor.
>>
>>143339511
That's not trolling, that's twolling. Hardly even counts.
>>
Discovering PK as an adult makes me wonder if I would have appreciated it back being a kid or not. Comics never really appealed to me, but I might have bought in on that series
>>
>>
>>143320271
Scrooge is a bit of a shit even in 2017 though and should donate some of it.
He says he makes money "fairly" but given the illegal amounts he tries giving for labor he clearly doesn't. Also how he'll waste half his earnings for his niece's search but never thinks to help anyone else
>>
>>143336615
The idea was for them to not be censored, and all of Don Rosa's stuff did get printed uncensored. However, Disney started making them censor the Carl Barks ones.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.