[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I feel sad the fandom for this show is dead.
>>
>>143338501
I feel sad for the fandom of this shit.
>>
File: 1554018071756.jpg (120 KB, 1334x726)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>143338501
>Fairly OddParents
>Fandom
We grew up and moved on, anon. I rewatch the DCAU constantly. Rugrats, FOP, Invader Zim, and the like aren't good enough for an adult viewer outside of nostalgia. Ren and Stimpy is still watchable now because of how fucked up it is.
>>
>>143338561
>Invader Zim
>not good enough for an adult viewer outside of nostalgia
Wrong. Got a friend into it who actively avoided it as a kid and he enjoyed it.
>>
>>143338561
>Ren and Stimpy is still watchable now because of how fucked up it is.
How is Zim not exactly that?
>>
What fandom?
>>
>>143338720
That might be bait. I don't recall Ren doing anything as fucked up as trying to harvest and stuff the organs of little kids in his body.
>>
File: its over.png (932 KB, 1839x883)
932 KB
932 KB PNG
>>143338673
>Wrong. Got a friend into it who actively avoided it as a kid and he enjoyed it.
>>143338720

I was obsessed with it as a kid. This girl with giant tits who I went to high school with and was somewhat close to but never dated also loved it to an obsessive degree. She is a degenerate bisexual swinger and single mother now. She reached out to me on Facebook years ago to console her when she got pregnant and constantly posts her unstable bipolar/ADHD ramblings on social media, pining for being a slutty Hot Topic kid in 2006 again. I also used cartoons and anime as a teenager/young adult to escape a really shitty home life and it made me a social retard when I went to college.

Long story short, I think about that girl whenever I see something about Invader Zim and thank God that I grew up and dodged a bullet by being too nerdy to fuck her. Maybe my memories are corrupted now. It also doesn't help that I recall gleefully recording the pilot onto a VHS tape in my dad's den not long before he died unexpectedly.

The passage of time has changed my perspective on the identity I built around myself as a fanboy of certain things and I am trying to be better. That said, I still have the DVDs and will probably try watching it again someday
>>
Why do Mexicans like Fairly Oddparents so much?
>>
>>143338951
They have no good references for what a good cartoon should be like outside of Dragon Ball and Top Cat.
>>
>>143338951
I heard it was because it was spammed on Jetix so everyone just watched it.
I'm not sure they think it's actually good though.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00019.png (179 KB, 636x480)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>143338861
Zim still holds up, hell I think when you're an adult it's way more relatable. Sometimes I look at the shitty version of Earth in the show and would rather go there, at least it has a funny alien and absurd shit happening instead of being depressingly realistic.
>>
>>143339001
Obsessed
>>
>>143338561
FOP (and Rugrats) are special in your list where they really don't translate from adolescent to young adult like Adventure Time or Justice League. That being said, Invader Zim does you just have to let it breathe and can't watch it a lot.
>>
>>143338501
It died during season 5
>>
>>143338501
It had a slow death
>>
>>143338951
Because it aired on public television, everytime you ask
>why does X country like Y show so much
it's this exact same reason.
>>
>>143338861
I didn't ask for this whole shitty story. Just say you don't remember it,
>>
File: clooney.png (506 KB, 627x750)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
>>143340514
>I didn't ask for this whole shitty story.
Sorry, I forgot where I was posting.
I remember IZ well. My grandmother had cable and I watched the show in her disgusting basement.

It's harder to care about edgy twenty year old cartoons and shit like that when real life is so grim in the adult world. If anything I watch more escapist stuff like Star Trek and capeshit these days.

Maybe you're not old enough yet. You'll get it someday. Hopefully both of us will grow out of posting on this awful site, too.
>>
>anti FOP thread / samefag shitting on FOP fans
>Zimnigger
Everytime.
>>
>>143341259
>when real life is so grim in the adult world
This tells me you have never stepped outside. Your only frame of reference for the real world is social media and mainstream news.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.