[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>we are so back, bros
>>
I'll believe it when I see it.
>>
>>143340194
Explain yourself anon. I have no hopes at least I'm happy with the ending.
>>
i didnt believe this post so i called doc just to be sure and holy shit guys its happening, OP wasnt kidding
>>
>>143340194
Did he talk in his Dr. Girlfriend voice?
>>
Bait thread
>>
>>143340194
Why did Dean do it, bros?
>>
>>143340194
No Links=BS
>>
>>143340194
Boring show
>>
The show needed to die, sorry. Season 7 seemed like it was written by shallow fans of the show that skipped seasons 1 and 2. The Tick was fine as it was and didn't need to be remade. And Doc and Jackson kept hiring their unfunny podcast friends.

You know we almost had an episode where Billy and Col Gentleman toured the underground dogshow circuit to see who murdered his 20 year old lab? 1. That's a rehash of the underground quizshow circuit and 2. it still would have been funnier than whatever plotlines were going on with those two unfunny OSI men. kimberly and the robot guy
>>
>>143341981
This. You look into what they were planning for the aborted Season 8 and 90% of the show would have been Hank visiting old girlfriends. Who the fuck thought that'd be interesting? Nobody wants a limp dick parody of High Fidelity.
>>
>>143342049
really? that was their plan?? they've really lost it. season 5 was pretty good but season 6 started to get bogged down with the blue morpho plot stuff. they apparently didn't learn their lesson after the ORB fiasco. i'm saying all of this as a formerly big fan
>>
>>143341981
Looking back, I'm honestly kind of happy that they canceled it. But because literally everything gets worse over time. I don't hate seasons 6 and 7. They feel very different, but I always thought that every season was different from the previous one. The two OSI agents plotline was boring, I'll give you that. And I'm very happy with the special episode we got in the end. Even though most of the fandom felt it was lacking stuff. I would change almost nothing.
>>
>>143340194
MARTY! WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE FUTURE! THE ANGELS OF DESTRUCTION!
>>
>>143342558
That's a more positive way of looking at it, I agree with you. My posts were a little harsh because I get that way about stuff I care about. Seasons 1 and 2 were my favorite bits of a cartoon ever, not just the episodes but the extras on the DVDs, blogs, and cons. There was just so much LOVE in it.
>>
>>143341981
>>143342049
the real solution is to do a Green Green Grass and throw the main cast to the countryside
>>
>>143342640
When you read the creative process they had before vb, you understand why the show was so good. Literally my favorite one. Season 1 was the funniest one, then season 2 had humor like the found in season 1 but the lore was hugely expanded. Then you got season 3 and how they start to concentrate on other characters. In season 4 and 5 you see that they develop them more. By season 6 and 7 they were just visiting some concepts they had since the start and finishing certain plot lines, that was their main purpose. The only thing that really annoys me of season 8 being canceled is force majeure, his exposition in the special episode was very limited.
>>
>>143342765
and that's well and good for season 6, 7, and the movie. but they were so concerned about visiting those concepts and answering questions that they forgot the JOKES. they remembered they liked petty banter right before action scenes and pop culture references, but they forgot to make them FUNNY. like i said, it seemed like it was written by fans of the show rather than creators of the show
>>
>>143341981
I agree, but I really like the world they inhabit. Honestly most of the side characters ended up becoming some of my favorites over the main cast, the original Team Venture being chief among them.
>>
>>143343059
That was my main problem too. Many jokes weren't too great, and it was common that I had this wish of telling directly to doc and jackson how bad the comedy was. One of the reasons I like so much the special is because you got some funny scenes like 21 and the monarch testing their new suits. Quite different in comparison to the last two seasons.
>>
>>143340194
Its over...
>>
>>143340194
Kek
Yea sure
>>
File: file.png (1.06 MB, 1280x720)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
I dont know how anyone can legit hate the later seasons. The Monarch getting the teleporter and being shocked he got away with it was kino and him claim "killing" jonas was hilarious. Sure the special was rushed as fuck but I want to spend more time in that world. It's a nice breather from all the shit we get currently, a fresh VB season was always like a nice artisanal gift. It wasn't always incredible, but it was always better than the usual churned out shit.

Fuck they could just move it to a podcast format and it'd probably work out just fine. The dialogue was always the best part anyway and the old radio drama serial format would be perfect for the pulpy nature of VB.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.