[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (3).jpg (33 KB, 568x360)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>nobody from Smallville recognizes Clark (without a disguise) is Superman
how do they explain THAT?
>>
>>143342324
Cavill didn't get recognized in public either, while wearing a Superman shirt
>>
>>143342324
I don't know what you're trying to prove by posting two different people.
>>
>>143342324
Bro for most of them it's been like 12 years.
>>
>>143342324
Superman is balding
>>
>>143342324
Snyder forgot that Clark actually carries himself differently compared to Superman.
>>
>>143342324
This reminds me of a comic that was just the opposite and everyone in Smallville knew Superman's secret identity.
The funniest thing is that they asked Superman this same question and he answered something similar to this>>143342344
>>
>>143342324
forget where it was from but I remember at least one story where everyone in Smallville knew, they just kept it quiet since it was a close-knit community and Clark was one of their own
>>
>>143342324
Nobody from small town nowhere is going to think that one of their town's kids grew up to be an alien superhero. Gossip will be "Oh do you remember Clark, the Kents' boy? Maybe he should be an actor and play that Superman fella in a movie!"
>>
>>143342324
Superman has a secret power that makes it so people don't recognize his face, I forgot what it was called but it was something long
>>
>>143342324
Superman for All Seasons had the best version of the Smallville question

The people who know don't say anything about it because it's not their damn business and the people who make everything their damn business never realize it
>>
>>143342344
nobody saw his movies tho
>>
>>143342324
>how do they explain THAT?
no explanation was needed

christopher reeves simply changed his posture, his expression, took off the clark glasses, and everybody was shocked that he basically looked like a different person
we see this all the time, with celebrities able to pass through public with out being recognized because they arent wearing their usual makeup
>>
>“I’ll never forget the day Marilyn and I were walking around New York City, just having a stroll on a nice day. She loved New York because no one bothered her there like they did in Hollywood, she could put on her plain-Jane clothes and no one would notice her. She loved that. So, as we we’re walking down Broadway, she turns to me and says, ‘Do you want to see me become her?’ I didn’t know what she meant but I just said ‘Yes’ — and then I saw it. I don’t know how to explain what she did because it was so very subtle, but she turned something on within herself that was almost like magic. And suddenly cars were slowing, and people were turning their heads and stopping to stare. They were recognizing that this was Marilyn Monroe as if she pulled off a mask or something, even though a second ago nobody noticed her. I had never seen anything like it before.”
People truly don't see famous faces. They only see aura.
>>
>>143342324
Because Clark Kent is a farmboy dork and Superman is... well, Superman. Like, imagine the lamest, nerdiest kid you went to school with happened to look like the world's most powerful superhero. You'd probably chalk up the resemblance as a coincidence, because would believe THAT fucking loser is actually a superhero of ANY sort?
>>
>>143342324
In Snyder's case it's mostly because Clark is an afterthought. A non entity.
But also because his Superman is more of a plot device than a character.
>>
Suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>143342324
Nobody in my hometown would recognize me if I moved to a big city and got famous.
>>
>>143342955
>>143342966
>>143342969
>>143343006
>>143344402
>>143344596
>>143344637
>>143344954
Sorry for the mass quote but these are all valid answers and have been used for Superman in the past. A fun one to do is the slouched over look, men can actually do this for real. You look like a different person with a proper posture and a confident face. Go look in the mirror for yourself.

There are more crazy ones like I believe Bruce Wayne has disguised himself as Superman so Clark could appear in the same place as him(and vice versa with Batman), also I think one time Superman moved so fast he could appear to be standing in two spots in two different outfits at the same time and be both Clark Kent and Superman. Or maybe I just imagined these idk
>>
File: zooey superman ZQ2k4PP.jpg (146 KB, 700x819)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>
>>143342324
Flyovers are retarded
>>
>>143345074
There's also the longstanding tradition of Superman having robot doubles that fill in for him when necessary. So whenever Lois is getting wise Clark and a Superman Robot just have to be in the same place at the same time and she thinks she made a mistake.
>>
>>143342955
And he was right to do so. the goofy ass nerd "acting" from Reeve is cringe.
>>
File: superman 2.jpg (855 KB, 764x1190)
855 KB
855 KB JPG
>>143342324
The simplest truth that most people like you don't seem to get is that most people just won't ever think to make the connection. Random strangers might recognize him as sort of looking like the that Kent boy from way back but was just a regular person as far as they knew. Superman being, well, Superman just makes him to big and amazing to have anyone consider that anyone normal might be the same guy.
>>
>>143345101
Zooey sexo
>>
File: sf4yqvrn9tfb1.png (572 KB, 571x591)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>143345158
>>
>>143345135
Next time you cross the street don't bother looking both ways.
>>
>>143345135
>Reeve's portrayal of Clark is that Clark is an embarrassment to humankind.
Yes, that's how it was in the comic back then. Clark was a nimrod. A nebbish. A Schmendrick. A mama's boy. Clark Kent was a worse milksop than Bruce Banner ever was.
Clark was the everyman, the beaten-on, and the beaten-down.
The Nerds have been strengthened in the past 30, 40 years. This world was not the one they knew then. So yes, Clark was embarrassing to you, or as you say it, 'cringe.'
>>
>>143344573
Who is that guy supposed to be?
>>
>>143342324
Because DC civilians are incredibly stupid. They could somehow guess Batman's identity while staring at his photo but couldn't figure out who Superman is.
>>
>>143345210
Right? Luthor think's about the big blue boyscout CONSTANTLY and can't recognize him when he's right in front of him. And it's not because of a disguise. It's because, and this isn't even Lex's cynicism, it's just too unreal for the person they know to be Superman. He could ditch the glasses entirely and still nobody would consider it. You ever see a cartoon where the superhero has to dress up as themselves for a Halloween party? Everyone sees through even the masked ones IMMEDIATELY because it's a normal situation they can process.
>>
>>143345362
I think it's Wonder Man?
>>
>>143342324
You’re just using a MoS image to implicitly hate on the film like too many others despite the fact that this could be said about innumerable other Superman stories.
Furthermore, it shows you DIDN’T actually watch the film because Smallville never sees Clark when he’s older except for very, very brief instances; those customers in iHOP — and who’s to say aside from the bully-turned-friend that any of them would know who Clark is?
You fools have been hating these films for years and all your baseless points prove is that you’ve never actually watched them, or that you have but intentionally lie about what happens.
>>
>>143347742
hello sir
>>
File: OliverSacks.png (239 KB, 368x552)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>143342324
>nobody from Smallville recognizes Clark (without a disguise) is Superman
>how do they explain THAT?

One of his powers is "induced prosopagnosia".
>>
>>143345452
>>143345135
>>143345109
>>143344573
>>143342918
>>143346681
>>
File: images (8).jpg (24 KB, 599x415)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>143345101
>Women
>Fakeup
>>
>>143342324
It's even funnier because in the Byrne-era stories, all his friends from Smallville ask why he's wearing glasses now whenever they see him. So they explain that Superman is always vibrating his head slightly whenever he's photographed so no one can get a clear picture. But he does make public appearances in Smallville as Superman so yeah it's a wonder no one else put two and two together except Lana

>>143345158
Yeah, also in the Byrne comics he tries to project the image that he's Superman 24/7. Since he doesn't wear a mask, there's no reason for most people to think he would even have a civilian identity.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.