[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6482.jpg (677 KB, 1823x2700)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
There was a fan theory before Batman V Superman came out. It wasn’t based on any earlier version of the film, it was just wild internet speculation. It went like this
>Ben Affleck’s character isn’t Batman, it’s a fake out. He’s playing Deadshot, who has stolen Batman’s identity after he disappeared. The real Batman will come out of retirement in the film
>The V in the title isn’t short for “versus,” it’s the Roman numeral V, meaning 5, indicating this is the fifth movie in a series
>the series goes 1. Batman Begins, 2. The Dark Knight, 3. The Dark Knight Rises, 4. Man of Steel, 5. Batman V Superman
>the film would end with Henry Caville and Christian Bale defeating Deadshot
How would the film performed if this had been the plot? How would the subsequent DCEU been affected?
>>
>>143345998
I would've sold like shit and Bale would've dopped out of the role even faster then Affleck long term wise. Millennial retards attachment to the "nolanverse" has and will always be stupid.
>>
>>143346254
It definitely would have cracked a billion
>>
>>143345998
Batman Five Superman?
>>
>>143346501
Batman 5: Superman
>>
>>143346607
but it never had a colon, it was always batman v superman

putting a colon in would make it obvious that it was a stealth sequel (minutes before the twist was spoiled by literally everybody), not putting it in makes it Batman Five Superman

the most ESL galaxy brain take of them all
>>
>>143345998
Why would Man of Steel be Batman 4
>>
>>143345998
>old fan theory, would it have been kino

No. I didn't even read what you wrote afterwards. It's 100 percent retarded.
>>
>>143345998
The problem was always Snyder, doesn't matter what the plot outline was.
>>
>>143346254
The nolanverse is one of the few comic book based media projects that have received praise from real filmmakers like PTA, Werner Herzog, Michael Mann, etc.
>>
>>143346856
NTA but that just makes me think less of those "real" filmmakers. Especially if they were praising TDKR.
>>
>>143346924
Even one of those people's filmography mogs the average comic or cartoon
>>
>>143346767
Because Batman V Superman is a sequel to Man of Steel. This plot line would have retconned that the Nolan Batman and Snyder Superman movies are set in the same universe
>>
File: Batkino.webm (2.61 MB, 1280x720)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB WEBM
>>143347095
The Nolanverse was stylish Dumb. Meshing it with Snyder's stylish Dumb would not have improved the fortunes of Snydershit. The only interesting thing in the Nolan films was lying in a coffin, Baleman was retired, some nobody cop was squatting in his Batcave. Aside from one dead actor, all the villains introduced in the trilogy were shit.
>>
>>143347169
Cillian Murphy made a good Scarecrow
>>
>>143347169
>all the villains introduced in the trilogy were shit
This is simply not true
>>
>>143345998
This was never a theory.
>>
>>143347614
What was it then?
>>
>>143346856
Praise and $5 will buy you a ham sandwich
>>
>>143347623
Some bullshit anon just made up for (You)s.

I’ll admit I’m wrong if anon can show any proof of this ever having been posted before 2015, let alone in the 9 years since.
>>
>>143345998
The best gag I saw was that the v. made it a courtroom drama...

CREATED BY DICK WOLF
>>
>>143348143
That's why Stabler was in it
>>
>>143347677
December 4, 2015
https://whatculture.com/film/batman-v-superman-10-rumours-that-are-definitely-bullsht
The OP is detailed in #3 and #2
>>
>Could the Batman seen in Batman V Superman be Deadshot in disguise? According to some crackhead anon ran into 9 years ago, rumors are that it might be possible. We checked with some retard on twitter who liked OP's post about wanting to lick Pomni's feet who think..it's possible

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.