[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9106.jpg (24 KB, 612x484)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
I’ve done this before, but I just like seeing people’s unpopular opinions, so here it goes.

>I’m sick of Loki, I didn’t like his series at all. I liked him in the movies but that’s about it. And it bothers me that Deadpool 3 and a few other films seem to be cramming him down our throats some more. I don’t get why Loki and his series are a sacred cow and why people get so asshurt if you say you don’t like his show or him.

>The recent Marvel films and series are dogshit, in general. The Mouse hasn’t been kind to them.

>Hazbin Hotel has good songs, but it has some of the most annoying ass characters in existence.

>Family Guy can be pretty damn funny sometimes.

>/co/ needs more vintage comic threads.

>Analog horror isn’t exactly /co/, in my opinion.

>I don’t get the whole “Gumball vs Regular Show” argument on this site. But it happens in every Regular show thread. It’s stupid.

>Deadpool is annoying, very much so, besides a few comic runs.

>Harley is shit, that’s not exactly unpopular here, but I have enjoyed some of her comics.

>Tank Girl needs more discussion.
>>
>>143346645
DC’s main other characters that aren’t Batman will NEVER be popular among teenagers and adults, and they should just lean into that and make more Superman, Flash, Green Lantern content for six year olds
>>
>>143346645
Wow you just gave the most middle of the road safe agreed upon opinions ever
The majority of this board thinks those things and you're under the impression you're making some grand statements fuck you
>>
>>143346645
I’ve heard of tank girl but never read it. is it worth?
>>
>>143346669
I’d say so, yeah. It’s kinda like what the shitty Harley Quinn series wants to be but better.
>>
>>143346655
I think big 2 comics in general should try to appeal more to adults than to 6 year olds.
>>
Tuca and Bertie > Bojack Horseman
>>
Everything you like is shit and everything you hate is good.
>>
The Ben 10 reboot had some really good episodes
>>
>>143346645
Cute and all, but here’s a real zinger to post next time. OC I made a while back that GUARANTEES (You)s because people hate the truth
>>
>>143346669
Honestly? No. Perfect example of solid concept with absolutely terrible, no good, atrocious execution.

>>143346734
Rossmo is an extremely good artist though I like the methadone uses that work on Tank Girl. Harley is one of his worst comics ever because it was with industry plant Stephanie Phillips.

His work on Orlando’s Martian Manhunter and the recent Venditti Sandman is spectacular.
>>
File: Capture59.jpg (45 KB, 448x432)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Gambit is the best marvel character and always has been
There needs to be an easier way to keep track of alt universe shit, that's a big reason why normal people find it hard to get into comics
Power creep is gay as fuck and doesn't make a character better. Likewise, the Death Battle formula of pitting two characters against one another doesn't work for comics because they have a multitude of different writers
Batman is better when he's not as autistic and still sees himself as both Batman and Bruce Wayne
Likewise, I don't give a fuck about Superman's Ka-El shit, it's better when he's Clark Kent, son of Martha and Jonathan
Storm needs a pregnancy arc
>>
>>143346645
The notion that writers are the worst part of cartoons is extremely juvenile because there's more to writing than dialogue.

The Hellboy Effect is dumb because if /a/ can have threads about Kinnikuman for days then why can't /co/ do the same?
>>
>>143347878
More:

The Teen Titans work best when you adapt them for whatever decade they are in.

Speaking of, I think when handling Terra you should approach her less as "how can I fix her" and more "what can I do with her"

Marvel works best in live action and DC works best in animation. Which isn't to say that they can only do that.
>>
I neither like Pacifica nor Wendy.
>>
Early Steven Universe was good at appealing to boys and girls with episodes like Cat Fingers and Giant Woman. I also think the anime references should've been kept at a minimum; Dragon Ball and Utena are fine and more fitting for it.

Genndy's stumbles don't negate my opinion on him.

The Paul Rudish Mickey Mouse cartoons, Phineas & Ferb, and Wander Over Yonder, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Motorcity, Tron Uprising, Kick Buttowski and Gravity Falls are a few examples of Disney aiming for male audiences and succeeding.
>>
File: 61vj0kO7t4L[1].jpg (74 KB, 600x922)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>143347753
Agree to disagree.
>>
File: Watchmen tier list.png (2.25 MB, 2670x1200)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
>>143346645
I liked Before Watchmen, even if it wasnt perfect like the original.
I think Kingdom Come and the Earth X trilogy is very good.
>>
>>143347837
>Batman is better when he's not as autistic and still sees himself as both Batman and Bruce Wayne
Agreed. I didn't hate it at first but now I'm just sick of it and I've started to outright hate most modern portrayals of Batman.
>>
>>143346645
The REAL MCU ended with the first Avengers movie.
>>
>>143346645
These are all accurate. It's called "growing up". A lot of these concepts are novelty when we're kids, but as we mature we grow sick of them because of how lazily people will lean into them. Whether it's posting content on the wrong board or HAHA FUNNY DEADPOOL it's all just obnoxious and boring.
>>
Deadpool is not gay. It's just internet shippers ans pansexual communities wanted him to be one and forced creators. He was mostly just drag queen before.
Most if the gayish panels people share online are just outdated jokes.
>>
Incredibles 2 is just as good as the first, don't understand why so many people hate it.
It's nearly the same fucking movie.
>>
>>143346645
TAS Batman didn't get good until TNBA.
>>
File: tenor-1383526736.gif (192 KB, 400x210)
192 KB
192 KB GIF
Avatar always just felt like the less cool version of early Bionicle to me.
>>
>>143349915
>It's nearly the same fucking movie.
Isn't that a problem?
>>
There should be more Doomwank. Wouldn't call myself a fan of Doom, but I always enjoyed the stories where he hogged the limelight. Those were fun.
>>
>>143347878
>The notion that writers are the worst part of cartoons is extremely juvenile because there's more to writing than dialogue

Agreed. Example. Paul Dini wrote some of the G1 transformers episodes. People complain about writers on 80s cartoons but act like Paul helped create some of the best 90s batman content. So which is it?

Here is a take: toy driven cartoons and comics are not inherently bad. If anything, toy driven shows treat children with a lot of respect because it means a team of adults have met and attempted to create things specifically for kids. They have worked to create something kids will love enough to own. That can be a toss up with creator driven shows who often times so not consider the interest of viewers and instead make media they personally like and just hope someone watches it.
>>
>>143346655
>>143346748
The way to make superhero comics for kids and adults is to make them appeal the most to teens. Look at shonen. Kids don't like safe kiddy shit and adults get tired of bad drama and ironic writing.
>>
>>143348036
>Buzz Lightyear of Star Command

Is a fun show with an amazing cast. It's amazing they got so many comedians to work on it
>>
I like watching Jim Starlin treat Thanos as his pet character and I see the marvel universe as just being Thanos' playpen.
>>
>>143346645
>>The recent Marvel films and series are dogshit
This isn't that unpopular
>>
>>143349915
>Incredibles 2 is just as good as the first, don't understand why so many people hate it.
>It's nearly the same fucking movie.

Culture warriors upset the dad and son take a backseat

Main villain is a pretty bland woman

Some of the B side heroes at the end come off as lbgt

That's the short of it. Some how a movie about a mild with a big delicious ass got bogged down in thinly hidden right left politics
>>
I hate that Tran issues and gay stuff has to be brought up in everything and the fact comics need to male a political statement every time something happens in the world
>>
>>143350410
Hard disagree. Superhero shit aimed at teens tends to have a lot of love drama and adult men and boys don't enjoy the absurd level of that shit that is in teen fiction
>>
>>143350487
It doesn't bother me. Just how they do it.

We need to go back to show not tell. Cartoons always had politics. Hell there is a G1 transformers episode about arms trading and war profiteering. Cobra was a fucking terrorist organization.

Just show the shit and stop having dialog lecturing me like I'm retarded.

Like that she hulk show. Don't have she hulk lecture Bruce on being a woman. Show me. Have some dude cup her big green ass and then she puts him through a wall. Have some dude take her purse and she yeets him into a tree. Just fucking show me
>>
>>143350495
I mean more like edgy action than romance drama.Teen boys, not teen girls. Again, think shonen

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.