[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: scwitch2024003_cov.jpg (258 KB, 1050x1594)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>This June, chaos reignites when Steve Orlando’s SCARLET WITCH run returns!

>Teaming up with X-MEN RED’s Jacopo Camagni, Orlando will use SCARLET WITCH to continue to push the limits of what Wanda’s magic is capable of as she becomes the Marvel Universe’s prime defender against deadly mystical threats—new and old! Among them will be Lore, Wanda’s demonic counterpart from 1994’s SCARLET WITCH limited series.

>Complete with a wicked new look from Russell Dauterman, fans can check out Lore on both the cover of August’s SCARLET WITCH #3 and Dauterman’s original design sheet. In addition, Dauterman will join Camagni as an interior artist on SCARLET WITCH #3 to bring Wanda and Lore’s epic battle to life.
>>
>Lore returns! Scarlet Witch’s fight to reach the land of the living puts her face-to-face with her necromantic Multiversal counterpart! Lore won’t stop until her death at Wanda’s hands is avenged—but another one of Wanda’s nemeses may hold the key to her survival!

"Redesigning Lore was a huge treat!" Dauterman said. "Lore is an evil Wanda variant, so I wanted to contrast the design I did for our Scarlet Witch, which was meant to be magical, vibrant, and super-heroic, by going dark and sinister, with a goth, undead vibe. I’m incredible excited to also be drawing some interiors in the issue where these two Wandas face off!"
>>
File: scwitch2024003_jones.jpg (734 KB, 2063x3131)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
>Lore, who destroyed her own world before trying to conquer the Multiverse, represents Wanda’s worst fear—a version of herself that’s gone mad with power! Will Scarlet Witch need her own inner darkness in order to defeat her? Check out the art for SCARLET WITCH #3, including a variant by artist Joëlle Jones, and preorder SCARLET WITCH #1 at your local comic shop today!

SOURCE: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/scarlet-witch-3-lore-russell-dauterman-design
>>
>>143350422
Is she being brought back because "people" (read: powerlevel Twitter stans) kept bugging Orlando about the Nexus thing
>>
>>143350422
>>143350466
I like her design a lot
>>
>>143350516
Yes and also to be a stand-in for MCU Wanda so that he can piss off fans of that version by having the 616 version beat her ass
>>
File: 1616592099846.jpg (669 KB, 1041x1600)
669 KB
669 KB JPG
>>143350422
Cringe character.
>>
>>143350581
While I would never say confidently that they aren't listening to a few loud voices on Tumblr/Twitter I think the point is more to have "Multiverse of Madness" Wanda without turning Wanda evil again. Hopefully.

Lore has so much in common with MoM Wanda including the jumping into her variants' bodies that when the plot leaked, some people thought it *was* Lore, but either the resemblance was a coincidence or they used Lore as a template for evil Wanda.
>>
>>143350422
Design's pretty cool. I am curious to see what it actually looks like panel to panel. The real meat and potatoes.
>>
>>143350516
It seems like after the first 10 issues of his run got flak for not using many characters already connected to Wanda, he's trying to do more with characters she has actually met (the current Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver miniseries is a vast improvement just for having Pietro and Vision in it). Calling back to what little solo material she had before the MCU seems like a given, I don't even know why they didn't do it sooner.
>>
File: 1530444762979.gif (140 KB, 199x214)
140 KB
140 KB GIF
>>143350422
>>143350466
>>143350471
I know it's Orlando so the book itself doesn't concern me but
>redheaded evil goth dommy mummy
VGH
>>
>>143350785
The dude from Empowered did Marvel comics?
>>
>>143350466
From the thumbnail I thought it was Batwoman
>>
>>143350422
>as she becomes the Marvel Universe’s prime defender against deadly mystical threats
If only there was an existing character who does this
>>
File: 943445.jpg (176 KB, 600x901)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>143350993
Yes
>>
>>143350422
Baby making sex with Lore NOW
>>
>>143350859
>While I would never say confidently that they aren't listening to a few loud voices on Tumblr/Twitter

Some vocal users but many quiet supporters who like and retweet such things speaking on Wanda needing to be a brown skinned woman and recently they've been wanting her to be explicit dark skinned. There are a surprising number of people who push back and usually the responses to them are "this is how she should always have looked" and "it's more important that romani see themselves depicted in positive light through Wanda"

Fuck I hate them so much.
>>
>>143352423
Based. Strange is boring now. Let him retire for 5 years and bring back Wanda's big tits.
>>
>>143352423
>doing things properly
Nah, this is not the NuMarvel way.
>>
File: scarlet witch 4 1994.jpg (933 KB, 1821x2800)
933 KB
933 KB JPG
>>143350466
Never expected to see Lore again and I don't love the new look, but it's a massive step in the right direction. Lore is meant to be an evil AU version of Wanda with necromantic powers, and they just gave her a plain purple costume with zero effort made. Making her look like some kind of larger than life dark sorceress is absolutely the way to go. Beautiful and alluring, yet sinister and terrifying. Take the basic idea here and then dial it up to 11, and think Dungeons & Dragons meets Hammer Horror.

>>143350516
The Nexus Being thing isn't even a powerlevel thing, it's a "has a counterpart in every single AU" thing, and the Nexus Beings having some sort of undefined significance. Power levels only came into it with Lore, her whole thing is travelling the multiverse and killing other Wanda variants and stealing their power, like the plot of that movie The One, though Lore was created years earlier.
>>
>>143354007
How do I get a Lore waifu?
>>
File: your hate is boring.jpg (119 KB, 1024x965)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>143350785
>that one guy who thinks he's dunking on Wanda by posting the same page from a cringe comic
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-H0SppMB1A
>>
>>143350859
In terms of life goals Lore is nothing like evil MoM Wanda, even if the point here is to revamp her into something similar to what the MCU did, Lore's not an insane woman fighting for muh babies, that would be diminishing her considerably, she was built up as a world killer.

>>143350967
The usual coloring issues aside, the new issue was surprisingly enjoyable, did it get storytimed here?

If I had to guess why the previous book and the 2015 series had so little of any characters connected to Wanda, and especially no Vision, the reason was probably Brevoort.
>>
>>143350967
I dropped the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver mini after the first issue because I didn't like how it handled Pietro
Did it get better?
>>
>>143354516
Pietro seemed pretty well written this month, yeah. No tearing him down to make his sister look better, and she got called out at one point for the way she handled him in the first issue.
>>
>>143352573
If these retards kept pushing their fake and gay belief that everyone that's even part-gypsy is brown, the correct thing for Marvel to do would react by saying "so obviously Wanda and Pietro aren't really gypsies" rather than changing their appearance to pander to scum who've been gang-bullying artists until they got their way.

This is not how they always should have looked because they were just unintentionally affected by a 1980s story saying Magneto's wife was a gypsy, it certainly wasn't anything at all to do with the characters Lee and Kirby created in 1964.

In JMD's Magneto mini last year Magda got drawn as a white skinned woman with auburn hair, now Lore's been redesigned with chalk-white skin and auburn hair, but Wanda isn't allowed to look like herself anymore because of idiots on Twitter who aren't even buying the comics anyway.
>>
Truly cannot understand people being mad Wanda is getting drawn darker and with curly hair. Like all the shit they've done to her in the past 20 years I'm happy it's just aesthetics
>>
>>143354818
Because I hate when non-fans get their way by chimping out on Twitter. I care more about when it effects Pietro though because it looks like utter shit on him
>>
>>143354818
>Truly cannot understand people being mad Wanda is getting drawn darker
Because that's not what she looks like. Nobody wants to see characters they love suddenly have their appearance changed drastically like that. Wanda isn't brown, stop trying to make that a thing.
>>
>>143354818
Apart from the feeling that Marvel is caving to the type of person who harassed an artist online for drawing Wanda like Elizabeth Olsen … I get nervous because the ultimate point of this “whitewashing” concept is to get the MCU version canceled and if that happens, that’s the end of her current push in comics which is only happening because the MCU version is popular (some whitewashing complainers are in denial about this, others don’t care because they don’t care about Wanda except in headcanon).

The idea that Wanda and Pietro are non white or that the MCU version is racist is basically putting headcanon and Wiki summaries over the actual characters on the page, and though we all do that to some extent, I’ll continue to be nervous until the MCU version is back, which could take many years. Sigh. It’s never fun being a Scarlet Witch fan.
>>
>>143354818
I wouldn't mind it, but I hate the gaslighting that people do were they bombard you with Wanda panels were she looks like a regular ass white girl and act like you are a mega racist for not noticing she was always meant to be brown
>>
>>143355119
The covers to new Avengers Masterworks reprinting 60s issues but with Wanda brownwashed (but not Pietro) makes me fear it's only a matter of time before they start recoloring the interiors of reprints like that as well unless this whole thing is stopped fast.

The awful Tumblrs who started this have been editing comic panels for years to recolor Wanda as brown or even black and trying to gaslight people into thinking that's really what she looked like in old comics, to trick them into getting mad at the MCU casting. These people are evil.
>>
>>143355302
>Wanda brownwashed (but not Pietro)
This will always be funny to me. They want to brownwash Wanda, but they know they can't do it to Pietro because it just looks really bad (see the first issue of Orlando's book) so they have to do this weird thing where fucking twins have different skin colours
>>
File: 1683870771678210.jpg (884 KB, 1988x3056)
884 KB
884 KB JPG
>>143350516
Orlando likes digging up older characters with weird cosmic/conceptual backgrounds to fundamentally mishandle because he wants people to see him as the next Morrison through simple association
>>
File: RCO001_1475730510.jpg (451 KB, 1041x1600)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
>>143352610
>and bring back Wanda's big tits.
Underrated comment, being stacked is an important part of Wanda's character that's being neglected.
>>
>>143355302
yeah and they also have some crazy personal hatred of Elizabeth Olsen and I wonder why, like where does it come from? she's one of the least controversial actors out there.
>>
>>143355514
she's white and has big tits
>>
>>143355390
It looks bad on Wanda as well. The contrast of her skin against the colors of her costume just worked visually, it just doesn't pop the same way if she looks darker, she wears colors that actual brown or black superheroes don't tend to wear so much (unless it's a costume with no skin exposed at all), because different colors stand out better with different skin tones.

With Pietro it usually seems they don't want him to be brown not because it looks bad, but because "Pietro looks like Magneto" and they'd lose that if they brownwashed him. I've seen people claim the twins really do have different skin colors, it's delusional and I don't know how or why they think that.

>>143355514
I don't know, it's hard to avoid reaching the conclusion of it being ugly landwhales trying to tear down an actress that men like, but surely they'd have moved on to tearing down someone else by now. This has been going on for more than ten years.
>>
>>143355065
>>143355119
>>143355514

>I get nervous because the ultimate point of this “whitewashing” concept is to get the MCU version canceled and if that happens, that’s the end of her current push in comics which is only happening because the MCU version is popular (some whitewashing complainers are in denial about this, others don’t care because they don’t care about Wanda except in headcanon).

These I find more understandable. I also don't interact with those kinds of Wanda fans bc they seem insane

>>143355390

While it's a weird oversight to be fair they've never been identical twins.
>>
>>143355065
This. Wandavision and MOM broke them and they started seething about muh brown jew gypsy actress had a star making role stolen by the evil white woman who said gypsy twice.
>>
>>143355626
> I've seen people claim the twins really do have different skin colors, it's delusional and I don't know how or why they think that.

Alas, I do know why. Marvel put out a cheap, cartoonishly-drawn "Uncanny Origins" series of comics in 1996 (some of the last comics edited by Mark Gruenwald) and the Quicksilver one has a caption that mentions that the light-haired, pale-skinned Quicksilver is not accepted by the Rom as "his darker sister."

Any one of these "whitewashing" folks will trot out this one ambiguous caption (it probably means "darker" in terms of hair) in a comic nobody read where they're both colored the same anyway to prove that Wanda is canonically brown.

Obviously, like a lot of continuity games, they're just grabbing at anything that supports their point and dismissing everything that doesn't. The real reason is they don't care about Pietro as much and they hate Elizabeth Olsen more because she's a woman who has the audacity to be successful.
>>
>>143355587
Not anymore she's hagging
>>
>>143355669
>I also don't interact with those kinds of Wanda fans bc they seem insane
They're not Wanda fans. Not really. They have some weird headcanon idea of who Wanda is and what she looks like, and it's that idea they like, it doesn't bear any relation to the Wanda that's ever existed in comics, cartoons or movies.

>>143355691
>muh brown jew gypsy
These fake fans are also obsessed with trying to gaslight people into thinking comic Wanda is Jewish, and they've managed to edit sites like Wikipedia and Comicvine to support their lies. Wanda's 2015 solo book had a big story about Wanda and Agatha saving the witchcraft goddess they worship, yet it's only a matter of time before some writer accidentally changes her religion because they believed something they read on Twitter or Reddit.
>>
>>143354783
Yes but Marvel is filled with the sort of people who eat this shit up and love championing the oppressed by catering to twitter and tumblr and the sort of people who might think the way we do but will never say or do anything because they're afraid of the twitter/tumblr mobs
>>
>>143355626
>ugly landwhales
Check twitter it's unironically a fuck ton of fags and troons and muh poc fags and troons, there are sections of twitter that exclusively refer to the mcu version of her and any white depiction of her in comics as cracker Wendy
>>
>>143355873
I wouldn't put it past Orlando. He's a fag, an sjw and always online and trying to win points from those types.
>>
>>143355775
>it probably means "darker" in terms of hair
Nothing "probably" about it, 100% certainty that's exactly what they meant. And this is most likely some old comic they found and used to argue a "point" they were already arguing for, rather than it being the thing that inspired them in the first place.

>>143356117
Social media was a mistake and a cancer. We have to go back, back to a time when these people had no power, no microphone, no public forum, and no ability to even find each other and organize. Things would unironically be better if Marvel and DC were terrified of upsetting waifufags instead of being terrified of virtue signaling mobs on social media.
>>
>>143356192
What's funny is that a lot of the more crazed mcu Wanda stans are also fags, troons and women. It's funny seeing them go at war with each other
>>
>>143356230
Unfortunately we cannot but it's fun to dream. I sometimes miss when artists could be cunts to whining readers.

>>143356232
Oh it can be very funny. But as a Wanda fan that shit also gives me cancer.
>>
File: 1504656566872.jpg (57 KB, 252x888)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>143350471
>a variant by artist Joëlle Jones
Can we get an issue drawn by her? Last time she drew an issue of Scarlet Witch she gave us the lewdest canon Wanda Fact.
>>
>>143357337
Fuck. I remember her Wanda being absurdly hot. She's mostly cancelled due to tracing the work of Pepe Larraz, one of Marvel's current golden boy artists.
>>
>>143350466
Damm
>>
>>143354007
Lore was in an Unlimited comic last year
>>
File: Lore.jpg (415 KB, 958x1444)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>143357546
>Fuck. I remember her Wanda being absurdly hot.
That issue got storytimed here a lot for that very reason.

>She's mostly cancelled due to tracing the work of Pepe Larraz, one of Marvel's current golden boy artists.
Time for her to redeem herself by drawing hot lewd Wandas. Maybe we can revisit the time it looked like Lore was nude and glowing.
>>
>>143355390
fraternal twins can have different skin colors. it’s really not THAT weird.
>>
>>
>>143352506
>picrel
Was that book good?
>>
File: hexed.jpg (141 KB, 415x533)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>
File: 1688844393465344.jpg (74 KB, 720x982)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>
>>143361451
Those are some juicy titties
>>
>>143354138
>keep quiet about what you don't
what kind of faggotry is this?
>>
How long do you guys think this series runs? Think Orlando's writing will be better on this?
>>
>>143361581
Always the best with Wanda.
>>
File: wh3h2aar9c4a1.jpg (90 KB, 600x922)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>143362250
>How long do you guys think this series runs?
The previous book started doing really well, #1 was the #3 book in that month but eventually settled around the middle of the top 100. How the current mini sells could end up affecting how the relaunch does, Marvel clearly want the boost from two #1s in a year, but too many relaunches too soon could backfire.

Unless sales absolutely crater the new series probably gets at least ten issues.

>Think Orlando's writing will be better on this?
Adding Pietro and Vision to the book has improved things, and it's obvious they should have been there all along, but Orlando's still going to be Orlando and won't be able to help himself at times.
>>
File: SCARLET WITCH #1 2024.jpg (209 KB, 959x1452)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>143352423
There's no reason Marvel can't push Strange and Wanda at the same time and give them different roles. If Strange's main job is to stand at the gates and protect Earth from external mystical threats then let Wanda's role be to defend against the things that are already here, and the exiled Elder Gods who want to come back.
>>
File: 1494366467744.jpg (168 KB, 900x1415)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>
>>143355873
>Wanda's 2015 solo book had a big story about Wanda and Agatha saving the witchcraft goddess they worship,
which itself is utter bullshit by the way
>>
File: s3yutra4slkc1.jpg (87 KB, 894x894)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>143364891
It probably doesn't bear any relation at all to any real world religion, but that's irrelevant. The issue is that this is an established part of her character, and retards are trying to change her to what Magneto is. Even though they're not related and he didn't raise her.
>>
Honestly if Marvel killed her off I'd be okay eventually. They can't do worse than they've already done except cater to the people who insist she has to be a shit skin.
>>
File: scarlet-vision.jpg (70 KB, 500x598)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>143366523
I'd prefer they just retired Wanda instead of this brownwashing crap, but don't kill her, just let her retire with Vision, give their story a happy ending.
>>
>>143367628
Anon they are never going to do that. The mcu did the great crime of white washing so now a point has to be made.
>>
>>143369253
>casting a white actress as a character who always looked white was "whitewashing" and something must be done about it
I hate these idiots so much.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.