[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previous maxiseries like 2019 were pretty kino.

>Titan Comics is pleased to announce a fresh take on the iconic Blade Runner universe with BLADE RUNNER: TOKYO NEXUS. Set in the sprawling neon metropolis of Tokyo, the three-part, 12-issue saga will be scripted by break-out writer Kianna Shore and returning creator Mellow Brown (BLADE RUNNER: ORIGINS), with art by Rodolfo Taibo (S.H.I.E.L.D, Cable).

>BLADE RUNNER: TOKYO NEXUS follows the sole survivors of an ill-fated Off-World military squad—Stix, a Replicant combat model, and Mead, a battle-hardened Marine—and their dogged search for an unknown traitor who left them to die on the battlefield. After escaping back to Tokyo, the unlikely pair’s quest for revenge leads to their formation of a clandestine private detective service.

>Stix and Mead stray into an even more treacherous battlefield, a three-way “patent war” between the ruthless operatives from the Tyrell Corporation and a rival tech company known as Chesire, with its own version of synthetic humans, and powerful Yakuza clans wanting in on the action.

>BLADE RUNNER: TOKYO NEXUS is a must-read for fans of both the Blade Runner films and the critically acclaimed Blade Runner titles from Titan Comics. A fast-paced story brimming with drama, intrigue and a unique vision of cyberpunk, creators Shore, Mellow, and Taibo offer a fresh and compelling perspective on one of the most iconic and groundbreaking sci-fi franchises of all time.

>On BLADE RUNNER: TOKYO NEXUS, writer Kianna Shore comments: “Creating a new comic series for Blade Runner is beyond my wildest dreams! Inspired by media such as Your Name, Arcane, and Crier’s War, I’m thrilled to share my little piece of the Blade Runner universe, bringing Blade Runner all the way to Tokyo, Japan.”
>>
>Series editor, David Leach adds, “Blade Runner: Tokyo Nexus is a whole new chapter in the Blade Runner saga, and is going to be a worthy addition to the universe, with new characters, new drama and a whole new environment for storytelling. And it’s going to be a stunning-looking book!”

>Blade Runner Tokyo Nexus #1 features a range of incredible covers, from artists including Christian Ward and Paul Pope. Issue #1 goes on sale July 31, 2024. Fans can pick up a copy from their local comic shop and Forbidden Planet for UK & Europe.
>>
some preview pages
>>
>UNLETTERED PREVIEW ART FROM BLADE RUNNER: TOKYO NEXUS #1
>>
COVER B: ANDY BELANGER

COVER C: MARIANO TAIBO

COVER D: FERNANDO DAGNINO

COVER F: BLANK SKETCH COVER

>BLADE RUNNER: TOKYO NEXUS #1
Writer: Kianna Shore, Mellow Brown
Artist: Mariano Taibo
Format: Comic
Publisher: Titan Comics
FC, SC, $3.99
On sale July 31, 2024
THE ELECTRIFYING NEW BLADE RUNNER SERIES!

Tokyo 2015: Two Kalanthia survivors fight for their lives in a world where Blade Runners are the least of their problems.

Following a failed mission Off-World, the only two survivors of a combat squad, ex-marine Mead and Replicant combat model Stix, have returned to Tokyo to search for the traitor who left them to die.

>Now operating as an unofficial private detective agency, Stix and Mead find themselves caught up in a deadly Patent War between the Yakuza, the Tyrell Corporation and Cheshire, a rival corporation developing their own bootleg Replicant technology as they search for a missing woman.
>>
>>
>>143351973
>more female blade runner shit
>more brown dude blade runner shit
JUST MAKE A STRAIGHT WHITE MALE LEAD YOU FAGGOT FUCKS
>>
>>143352168
This. I truly don’t understand the obsession with OCs and eschewing what people want. If any of these had merely been “Deckard or K in his prime blasting replicants” I’d have bought every issue. Make up some fantastical story about one of them.

But nope. It’s fucking diversity shit about OCs nobody cares about other than the faggot ass writer looking to get it adapted.
>>
>>143351973
All of these blade runner comics has been dogshit. When does titan lose the license?
>>
>>143351973
Blade runner is a franchise?
>>
>>143352854
How expensive is it even?
>>
>>143353451
2 movies, 3 short films, and an animated series.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_(franchise)?useskin=vector
>>
>>143351996
>>143352018
I like what the art is going for, but it looks kind of shitty.
>>
>>143351973
Why not just make something about deckard? The original movie implied he had a whole career. Just do that. I have no interest in these nobodies.

>>143351996
Where did the kunai go? It feels like there are panels missing. Whi is she using a kunai rather than a fucking gun?

>>143352018
What did she hit them with? How did she get behind the guy? This is fucking AWFUL.
>>
>>143351973
Stop giving people like this jobs. What the ever loving duck is wrong with the people at Titan?

Jesus fucking Christ can’t they just hire a straight white dude who has never so much as turned a cable news network on and just wants to write about normal people in weird situations rather than self-insert weirdos in poorly written plots? Can everyone just fucking stop this checkbox-ticking bullshit?
>>
>>143351973
>Previous maxiseries like 2019 were pretty kino.
No they absolutely were not lol
>>
>>143356800
This can’t be real, right? This reads like a fucking shitpost of what one of these people would say. Comedians wouldn’t write something this good.
>>
>>143351973
another classic ruined
great

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.