[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Sitting_Ducks_Poster.png (114 KB, 200x316)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>
>>143363424
I love this show! I know... quite a lot about it.
>>
>>143363424
underrated kino
>>
I got in trouble once cause I called it shitting fucks
>>
>>143363424
I remember this one. I always remembered the episode where the main two went on a treasure hunt and ended the episode just relaxing and hanging out nstead.
>>
>Stopped airing in 2005
>2024
>English dub is still partially lost
>>
I remember thinking it was simultaneously kind of interesting but kind of dull.
From what I remember every random background character is an actual named reoccurring character. I wasn't used to something like that in a cartoon at the time. And for what seemed like a silly sitcom premise, their world actually had rules and oddly consistent world building.
But I also distinctly remember it not being very funny. Not like bad jokes, just not much humor outside of basic slapstick.
>>
>>143363615
>Not like bad jokes, just not much humor outside of basic slapstick
I respectfully disagree, it has pretty smart jokes. You might be misremembering if you only watched it a long time ago. I rewatch it pretty often.
>>
>>143363424
I watched this whenever I saw it was only because I used to be fascinated by 3D shows just because they were 3D and in my mind easily translated into a 1:1 game.
>>
>>143363424
Did this show handle animal racism better than Zootopia?
>>
File: 1-1214016022.jpg (200 KB, 432x576)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>143363424
The theme still slaps even after all these years

I miss Qubo so much bros.
>>
>>143364608
It was neat, but then Voldemort of /co/ showed up
>>
>>143363424
I remember this because they only aired it on really bad time slots, so it felt like some kind of a hidden show to me growing up. I actually liked it a lot but it feels like CN was trying to kill it in its crib.
>>
>>143363424
The video game was fun. Played like GTA for kids, and at the time I hadn't seen a more faithful recreation of a TV show's world in a game.
>>
>>143363424
Man I loved Qubo and all the odd shows on it. Its a shame it died like other unique channels such as The Hub.
>>
>>143363424
>"¡LOS PATOS ASTUTOS!"
>>
>>143363424
>>143364593
It had a better predator-prey dynamic than Zootpoia and Beastars. Mainly because its the main duo becoming bros and not romance shit.

The Gators live on the the other side of a wall that separates the Duck Town from the swamp. The secondary protagonist, a Gator named Aldo is best friends with the main protagonist, a duck named Bill. Aldo has never eaten a duck before and has taken a vow to never do so, throughout the series he fights against moments of temptation to do so but never succumbs. He also gets a lot of peer pressure from his other Gator friends to stop his interspecies friendship with Bill because its stupid to them. He gets called "Duck Lover" quite a bit from them. Despite this he remains loyal to his best friend Bill. Bill on the otherhand gets called "Gator Lover" and other derogatory lables for similar reasons because he wants Gator and Ducks to coexist.

Keep in mind that this is a kids show based on a Canadian kids book. Honestly what I like the most about it is that there is no real human parrarel to the Gator-Duck species issue nor was there an atempt to do so like Zootpoia tried to do.
>>
File: Pecola.png (188 KB, 1520x2317)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>
>>143363424
Apparently the show got a fucking PS2 game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNxbXrNlgc
Nuts
>>
>>143365404
Its crazy that this childhood show I watched was made by the same people who made Greggory Horror Show.
>>
>>143365341
This reads like an AI post
>>
>>143365404
Who want's to be square?

Peak Qubo show desu
>>
>>143365472
Im sorry
>>
>>143365404
For a brief time I thought this WAS sitting Ducks, and when I tried to look it up in the future I saw normal looking Ducks and was confused
>>
>>143365520
How do you confuse a Penguin called Pecola for a duck?
>>
>>143363483
Care to share your autism about it?
>>
>>143365472
Everything reads like AI to me now. I'm constantly paranoid that I'm posting alone now.
>>
>>143365428
Man, if it had come out at the end of the PS2 cycle, i bet they could've made it look even more like the show, but even then, as ot is, it's amazing. Funnily enough, this is what i imagined some cartoon games were supposed to be like back then, but this one is real
>>
>>143365566
Well I was 6 and it was the one year where both shows were on cartoon network
>>
>>143365592
All things considered, it is very unlikely that you are posting alone. The internet is a place which is used by billions of people on a daily basis, so the likelihood of this or any other given reply being written by an AI is very low. I hope this has helped to address your issue!
>>
>>143363424
It was Seinfeld with ducks
>>
>>143364593
For god's sake, Sitting Ducks is not about racism. It's not grey or ambiguous who the bad guys are, and the intended ending is not everyone seeing past their differences and being friends, it's the ducks flying away from the gators to be rid of them forever. This is why, even though I love the show, I've never liked Aldo. He was one hurt tooth away from murdering Bill.
>>
>>143366230
>and the intended ending is not everyone seeing past their differences and being friends, it's the ducks flying away from the gators to be rid of them forever.
source?
>>
>>143365472
I think it is because it's blatantly lying. Aldo had eaten ducks before he met Bill, in both the book and the show.
>>
>>143366257
The freaking book, dude. Spoiler: Bill learns that Duck Town is fake and was built by the gators to fatten up the ducks before gators hunt them down and eat them. He tells his fellow ducks about this, they lose weight and they all learn to fly and go live in a paradise far away.

And in the show, Bill is almost obsessed with flying and trying to learn to fly, so they were probably going down a similar route. The alligators are not misunderstood, they're genuine sadists who like making the ducks suffer and it's annoying that Zootopia retroactively poisoned the well. What's hilarious is the one single duck that ever posed a real threat to gators, Quack the Ripper, caused the gators to riot with signs as if they were victims. Untold years of duck mutilation and murder, but 1 duck slaying a few gators is the end of the world.
>>
File: bill_rain.jpg (10 KB, 235x188)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Sorry anon, I got kinda heated there. When you said "source?" I assumed you were calling me a liar and you believed otherwise, when you were probably just asking because you genuinely didn't know this information and wanted to make sure I wasn't writing fanfic. I sperg out about this franchise too much because of how much I love it, but I don't want to turn into one of those sharktalefag-like jerks so I try to control myself. I don't even make Sitting Ducks threads.
>>
>>143363424
I have the game for ps2, I was thinking about it 2 days ago, and the voice actors in my country. Good movie/show when I was little, don't know about now. Loved the game
>>
>>143365404
>The guy who made Gregory Horror Show also did this
Not surprising, did everyone forgot Midnight Horror School?
>>
>>143366354
>caused the gators to riot with signs as if they were victims.
That feels oddly relevant now
>>
File: Atom_alpha_teens.png (1.2 MB, 800x1172)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>143363424
>>
File: lose.png (1.12 MB, 1600x1200)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>
>>143366230
I always saw it as a gay thing, they had a very intimate friendship and both of them had friends who made fun of them and saw it as wierd
Meanwhile ducks and crocks lived segregated from each other and the crocks were more traditionally brutish while the ducks were laid back, at least the three side characters so I thought it was a gay couple with a white collar guy dating a blue collar guy or something like that
Then again I'm gay as fuck so this could all be projection, the duck did have a crush on another duck I think
>>
>>143368002
Bill had a very, very obvious crush on Bev that was shown regularly, so it would be thematically conflicting for Bill and Aldo's relationship to be a gay metaphor. But I do think Oly (the woodstock hippie of the three side characters you mention) could definitely be bisexual. I also wouldn't call anyone out of Ed, Oly and Waddle "white collar", their whole thing is that they're parasitic jobless bums who pull Ed, Edd 'n Eddy-like scams to get rich quick. Unless you're actually thinking of Cecil, who's quite effeminate and works in medicine, but he does have a wife. Drill Sargeant Duck could be a lesbian I suppose, I can't remember any scenes where she has a crush on a guy plus she's pretty masculine.

The gay metaphor for Aldo and Bill would also be really weird in the context of the book, since Bill (or really, the duck that would be adapted into Bill for the show) was a hatchling that Aldo raised from birth.
>>
File: my-image(2).png (1.08 MB, 950x1028)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>143363424
I member
>>
>>143363575
kek based
>>
CAN'T
>>
>>143367835
Those are supposed to be teens??
>>
>>143368334
It could still be a white collar blue collar thing without it being gay
Even if the friends were Ed edd and Eddy they are still guys who could afford to live that lifestyle supporting themselves with little work which was a thing poor people couldn't afford
Plus everyone saw the crock walking around the fuck area as wierd and I do remember the crocks friends having that kind of vibe like coming home from working construction and having a few beers with the boys
>>
File: rvnsq7dg2yq91.jpg (56 KB, 563x800)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>143363424
>>
>>143369085
>Even if the friends were Ed edd and Eddy they are still guys who could afford to live that lifestyle supporting themselves with little work which was a thing poor people couldn't afford
What lifestyle? They live in a terrible, tiny apartment with barely any food in their fridge or cupboards and a low quality TV, they spend more time mooching off Bill than living independently. I know the economy is bad and all but what are they affording that poor people can't afford? They're one webbed step away from full blown homelessness, they're just more optimistic about being poor because they know they can always rely on Bill to foot the bill.
>the fuck area
The what
>I do remember the crocks friends having that kind of vibe like coming home from working construction and having a few beers with the boys
Sure, but dudebro types will make fun of any deviant behavior. I suppose it's up to the viewer to decide what it all means, just in my personal opinion it's probably not social justice related when the climax of the book was the exact opposite of what a social justice moral would be. Michael Bedard, the author of the book and the creator of the original Sitting Ducks lithographs, was heavily involved in the show so it would be weird if he suddenly made it about gators and ducks overcoming their prejudices instead of doubling down on them. He's also not very liberal. He hates commies.
>>
Wait, I didn't notice you said "without it being gay"

Whoops...
>>
>>143368914
Junpei Iori from persona 3 was designed to look like a stereotypical teen.
In other words yes.
>>
File: enchanted.png (1.02 MB, 876x647)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>143363424
>>
Ohhh, wait a minute, do you mean the gators are the blue collars and the ducks are the white collars? I totally see that because of each group's interests (like in the egg episode), but it's not a realistic parallel considering the lore that gators are definitely in charge of Duck Town and wield control and power over the ducks.
>>
File: tiny planets.jpg (73 KB, 699x1000)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>
>>143365428
Fuck me, that looks good.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.