[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 84386954785459385.jpg (26 KB, 190x360)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
APOLOGIZE
>>
No zoom zoom
>>
Im sorry Scrappy.
>>
For what? I never hated Scrappy.
>>
>>143365920
Good boy.
>>
>>143365920
I never understood why the hatred towards Scrappy, when I was a kid I don't remember anyone hating him.
>>
>>143365920
why? the missile strike killed velma and her ghost killed scrappy.
>>
>>143365920
did he kill her or not?
>>
>>143365920
he's not that bad, he just needs to be fixed
>>
>>143365920
im sorry scrappy
>>
File: file.png (2.15 MB, 1920x1080)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
>>143367274
Hating on Scrappy was a popular thing for many years, until now.
>>
>>143367299
I don't think Scrappy is unfixable, but I do think you need to refigure the entire Scooby formula if you want to use him regularly. His whole thing of running *towards* the monster instead of away from it... at best it throws the mystery element out the window, at worst it looks like he's exploiting S&P rules through the fourth wall because he knows there's no way they'll let the little kid stand-in get hurt.

I find 13 Ghosts unwatchable as an adult, but it had a good idea putting him in a more directly action-oriented story. It would've been interesting to see what he would've been like in Mystery Inc.
>>
>>143367578
>until now.
kys shill
>>
>>143365920
WE KNEEL
>>
File: 134678.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
No watching Velma, fuck off
>>
File: go fuck yourself.jpg (26 KB, 680x382)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 259x194)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
No, fuck off. Shoving a baby version of your main character into your show to boost ratings is fucking cringe and always will be.
>>
Tho its still funny to me how that their Scrappy hate gag in the show they made for hatewatching ended up backfiring WB, the internet ended up cheering up the litle guy for killing that black bitch.
>>
>>143365920
Good boy
>>
>>143368813
Why the fuck is Scrappy in the series and Scooby isn't?
>>
>>143368948
Scooby has cultural reputation as a family friendly icon that they don't want to risk by having him in an adult show. Every other Scooby Doo character is fair game for some reason
>>
>>143365920
I have never hated Scrappy, I even think the hate he receives is ridiculous. James Gunn should apologize.
>>
>>143365920
I never hated Scrappy. It wasn't his fault that he was introduced during the worse era of the show. He was fine in the actual good red shirt media.
>>
>>143367274
>>143367299
>>143369257
>>143369274
He was fucking annoying, dude. Almost killed the whole franchise.
>>143368693
This
>>
>>143365920
No. Your show was worse than Velma.a
>>
File: Scrappy Doo Buff.png (1.54 MB, 640x1101)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
GLORY TO SCRAPPY, SLAYER OF THE FALSE VELMA! GAVE HIS LIFE TO FREE THE LAND OF HER TYRANNY! MAY HIS NAME FOREVER BE EXALTED!
>>
>>143368420
The missing link was the way Scrappy was used in the shows preceding 13 Ghosts, where the episodes were mostly 11 minutes long and Daphne was usually working alone without Velma and Fred.

In that format, with Daphne basically a composite of all three of the "normal" humans, Daphne and Scrappy were usually investigating the crime while Shaggy and Scooby were handling the comedy, so Scrappy was largely inoffensive and existed to, in a weird way, be what Daphne used to be.

With the full gang back Scrappy isn't really needed in a traditional 22-minute Scooby mystery, but people could still take cues from his characterization there and his friendship with Daphne, maybe even their mutual knowledge that she's smarter than she lets on.
>>
>>143369360
Which one, he had like, 5 of them.
>>
>>143369350
>Almost killed the whole franchise.
It's too bad he didn't.
>>
>>143370559
if my boy Scoob can survive Scrappy Doo and that weird Family Guy looking show he can survive Mindy Kaling's Velma
>>
>>143369392
Turning Scrappy-Doo into a villain is lowkey the best thing they've ever done with the character. It's funny because they stumbled on it more or less by accident with the 2002 movie where it was more about antagonizing him out-of-universe than thinking he'd actually make a good in-universe villain, but Scooby Apocalypse proves it can really work for him way better than being Mystery Inc.'s third wheel ever did.
>>
>>143365920
I always liked him, the hate for him was always pure not muh autism.
>>
>>143369350
>Almost killed the whole franchise.
He literally saved the franchise you retard
>>
>>143370588
>that weird Family Guy looking show
That one was good besides the artstyle, one of the better Scooby Doos.
>>
>>143368420
>His whole thing of running *towards* the monster
This is really not a big deal all that happens is he gets pulled away or chickens out at the last second nothing really changes and when the ones where it's just shaggy scooby and him they have a better dynamic than the original team ever did.
>>
>>143365932
Mutt mutt
>>
>>143371504
The artstyle is still too distracting
>>
>>143371501
>>143371541
Scrappyfags were a mistake
>>
>>143367299
I heard from somewhere that allegedly, Jean MacCurdy, former president of WB, specifically gunned against Scrappy Doo… but she favored Elmyra Duff.

If this is indeed true, we’ve all been duped into hating the pup so the retard could get more unwarranted screentime.
>>
Also, I never hated Scrappy since Scooby-Dum was miles worse than the puppy.
>>
>>143371565
It's just contrarians wanting attention
>>
Scrappy did what we all wanted to do
>>
He wasn't bad in the red shirt Shaggy movies
>>
>>143365920
I never had any hard feelings towards him one way or the other.
>>
>>143369350
Pretty sure he was technically the reason the franchise didn't die before he could actually do any negative impact on it.
>>
>>143371862
>anyone not following the crowd is "contrarian"
Like 90% of the people who bitch and moan about Scrappy haven't even seen anything with him in it. It's just people complaining about something because they hear other people complaining about it, without having context or understanding of anything, out of a desire to fit in. Repeated ad nauseum, and you have a hatedom for a character where no one can actually give you a substantive reason for they don't like said character.
>>
>>143372157
https://youtu.be/-h8JluYWNHQ?feature=shared
>>
I disliked him as a kid, he was just kind of everything I found annoying. can't recall him really in anything since then
>>
>>143372188
>An AD with sole intention of making him ungrateful despite him never actually acting like that in any of his appearances in the shown beyond the movie where he was the villain (that was really stupid).
>>
>>143368420
That's an even bigger problem - nobody likes characters that talk big but never actually get a chance to *do* something.

Scrappy's entire presence forces you to reexamine how dangerous the monster in a typical Scooby story is "meant" to be, even if you default to the idea of them all being old real-estate scammers. If they're genuinely dangerous then the gang look like child-endangering assholes for taking him along on cases at all; if they're goofballs he can legitimately beat in a fight then there's no stakes to the actual mystery.
>>
>>143372362
Nobody liked him retard, cope
>>
>>143367274
>>143367299
Same, I never understood the hate. I thought people LIKED Scrappy until the internet came out and I discovered cartoon newsgroups.
>>
>>143372407
I am not even the guy you were arguing with, i wanted to point out how dishonest that argument was.
I don't personally care for scrappy one way or the other.
>>
>>143372434
>dishonest argument
The short was made because nobody liked scrappy
>>
>>143372407
>cope
I feel like hating on Scrappy is like that experiment with the monkeys and the hoses. No one who says "cope" was alive when Scooby and Scrappy Doo first aired, and yet here's this guy saying, "Nobody liked him."

There's this famous organizational culture experiment where researchers put a bunch of monkeys in a room with a ladder and a banana on the top rung. Every time a monkey tried to climb the ladder, all of them got sprayed with cold water. Eventually, any monkey that tried to climb the ladder got beat up so none of them would get sprayed. The scientists would replace a monkey, who would swiftly learn not to go for the banana. Eventually, none of the original monkeys remained, and the scientists removed the banana, but the monkeys would still attack any newcomer that tried to climb to the top of the ladder, even if they didn't understand WHY. They'd just been conditioned that way.

No one your age actually knows why they hate Scrappy, they just DO, because it's just what you've seen from Scooby Doo fans older than you.
>>
>>143372456
More like most people just didn't care for him or simply didn't like that he "replaced" the rest of the crew, while the spergs were pretty vocal about it.
>>
>>143372456
This is like how Transformers fans who didn't grow up with G1 HAAAATE Rodimus Prime mainly because of that Dr. Smoov video 18 years ago before YouTube really even took off, but you go to any Transformers convention and you'll see people wearing Rodimus jackets and talking about him positively, buying 3P toys of him, his fucking animation cels go for $5000...
>>
>>143371862
>le contrarian
Do you have any idea where you are
>>
>>143372484
>I feel like hating on Scrappy is like that experiment with the monkeys and the hoses
That experiment is how most internet opinions work
>>
>>143365920
You were the hero we deserved.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.