[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: usm5.jpg (160 KB, 600x911)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
kinda mid so far my g
>>
>mid
proof that your opinion is worthless
>>
>>143367758
I like it. If it’s mid that’s even funnier, it really means Marvel could just have had its biggest smash hit in years just by shitting on Peter Parker slightly less.

Like they were just too proud and retarded to make such a simple move.
>>
>>143367758
I agree but I’m still liking it, it’s nice to see pete as a competent person even if he doesn’t have the spidering down well
>>
>>143367758
it is "mid", but way better than anything spider-man for at least 10 years, which is insane
>>
>>143368296
Literally they could have more than doubled the sales of their best selling book by tweaking things slightly the BND guys are so fucking dumb.

I don’t think it’s mid, but it’s not the stunning indictment these guys think it is because these same people were also bleating about how it didn’t matter that Amazing was dogshit because look how much it sells!
>>
>>143368373
They get so fucking mad when you compare one Spider-Man book to another Spider-Man book and you tell them “I want to buy the one that isn’t a bitter divorcee’s NTR book.”

Like how dare you compare one product to another product and prefer the one that you think is good and they think is average, over the book that everyone says is bad.
>>
>>143368219
>Like they were just too proud and retarded to make such a simple move.

I think in spite of my issues with Spencer's run, I think what he did was he either intentionally or unintentionally made people realize the BND way of doing things was severely bad, and Hickman further confirmed it

That some podcaster with Marvel ties was claiming Hickman's USM was too vague while he was insistent on Wells' run going somewhere leads me to believe that some people at Marvel still tied to BND have too much at stake to be toppled and plan to go all out in trying to tear down USM without being caught by Feige or Iger or whoever
>>
File: Hickman's USM.jpg (33 KB, 500x379)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>143368296
>>
>>143368296
Aww come one JMDematteis s minis are kino
>>
Yeah it’s pretty boring and Gwen is awful in this book.
>>
>>143368837
Gwen’s the most interesting she’s been since Ditko wrote her.
>>
>>143368620
I’d say JMD’s minis are roughly comparable in quality, yeah.

Whether that’s mid or fantastic is wholly subjective though.
>>
if only it released quicker
>>
>>143370093
Marvel clearly wasn't expecting it to take off as hard as it did, and they might be putting more emphasis on it in the upcoming arcs.
>>
>>143370035
Fair
>>
>>143367758
I agree, even if this is supposed to be b8. It’s just pure fan fic tier garbage. I actually truly don’t understand how people can enjoy it.
>b-b-because le ASM really bad
Doesn’t make this good.
>>
>>143371495
>I actually truly don’t understand how people can enjoy it.
it would help if you first discovered your sense of self and started thinking original thoughts
>>
>>143371495
NPContrarian spotted
>>
>>143370684
It got a lot of variants
>>
>>143371495
>Doesn’t make this good.
It does make it a best seller though, and as some people online like to argue on ASM's behalf, selling really well is a book's only true indication of quality and proves the majority of fans like the book.

If that sounds retarded to you, just know that I didn't make those rules. Those same people really don't like it when you Uno Reverse their own dogshit logic back at them with a book people here actually seem to like.

>>143372535
Almost everything does. Spider-Boy had a massive number of variants.
>>
Bendis got more shit done in 3 issues
>>
>>143372709
By issue 3 of Ultimate Spider-Man, Peter wrestles Crusher Hogan for the first time and Uncle Ben is still alive and well.

What I'm saying is: lol, roflmao.
>>
>>143372783
>1610 Peter doesn't confront Ben's killer and officially become Spider-Man until Issue 5

Holy fucking shit
>>
>>143372709
You didn't read it did you
>>
Slott is a better writer than Hickman.
>>
>>143372907
Hi Slott
>>
File: GMHjCOeaQAAk6q_.jpg (786 KB, 1041x1600)
786 KB
786 KB JPG
>>143372907
>MFW Slott tries to argue against the marriage by framing this as Peter performing a grand betrayal of his principles to selfishly put his family above all other considerations.
>MFW Eddie Brock literally tried to kill a toddler for shits and giggles one page ago, and was such an unsympathetic shitheel that everyone at home reads it as a triumphant moment for Peter where he's totally justified.

Slott's best moments are Mr. Magoo tier.
>>
it's boring.
>>
>>143372951
>Peter spends issue 2 of the mini having a nightmare where he thinks he's no better than Venom, when this version of Venom was a cannibalistic sociopath who tried to murder a toddler just to fuck with Peter, and gloated about how he was going to do it again just seconds before begging for his life.

Dan Slott is retarded!
>>
>>143372983
Meanwhile based Conway just 'give MJ the Symbiote and let her be a superhero now' and was like 'oh yeah, Eddie Brock, he can rot in hell'

Conway's run was a big upgrade compared to Slott's Renew Your Vows mini.
>>
>>143372951
>>143372983
Hi Hickman
>>
>>143373009
No I'm Gerry Conway. I created Power Girl and am unreasonably angry about manga.
>>
>>143372907
LOL. No.
>>
>>143372805
People really, and I mean really, keep forgetting just how decompressed Bendis' USM was.
>the story of Peter meeting the X-Men for the first time totally needed 5 issues (6 if you count the Aunt May story)
>>
>>143373224
No kidding. At least Peter became Spider-Man at the end of HickUlt's first issue.
>>
>>143372709
>>143372907
>>143373009
>>143372964
Hi Slott
>>
>>143368219
Or people just have terrible taste.
>>
>>143372709
>Fisk take control of the Bugle and is established as the arc bad guy
>Ben and JJJ quit the Bugle and start their own papers
>Peter become Spider-man
>Encounter with Shocker
>May find out about his identity
>Captain Britain is established as the one behind Fisk
>Red suit is created
>Encounter Harry
>Stop Bullseye
>Harry find out Pete's identity and reveal his
>All this time, 3 months passed in universe
You are insane. Compared to anything up until now, USM has been super compressed so far.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.