[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Captain America suit.jpg (61 KB, 1100x825)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
So is there anything the MCU could do to win you back and say "Okay, sure, I'll watch that"? Do you think Disney will break out their checkbook and beg RDJ and Chris Evans to return for one more ride via blah blah multiverse/time travel? Is there any hope for Captain America Brave New World, Spider-Man 4, or Daredevil Born Again?
>>
implying they lost me
>>
Nope, no hope at all.

What annoys me the most is we didn't get another Steven Rogers-centered movie that wasn't "Cap vs America".
>>
I'd watch a movie that's a fifth of the budget, deals with an obscure side character, and is written by me.
>>
>we never got a proper Hulk movie
Sad!
>>
>>143371507
Not really, no. Captain America was my favorite from these movie and after the send off he got I don't think I really want him to come back. And even if he did, I wouldn't want to bother having to go through all the nonsense released since Endgame.
>>
File: The Thing vs The Hulk.jpg (1.03 MB, 662x1000)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
This isn't really a "save the MCU" idea, but more of a cool thing they haven't done yet I'd at least want to see.
>Haven't done Hulk vs Thing yet
>Haven't done Hulk vs Wolverine
>The solution; do Thing AND Wolverine vs The Hulk
>Either Hulk gets brainwashed (again) by Kang, Kang enslaved a past/variant Hulk, or just use Red Hulk.
>Thing and Wolverine have to work together to take down this monster, referencing two iconic fights Hulk has had in comics
>Thing fastball specials Wolverine into Hulk
It's dumb action I know but at least something worth at least watching a clip on Youtube for
>>143371542
What was wrong with the Edward Norton Hulk movie? I thought that was fun
>>
Stop doing plot by committee
Use real sets instead of mass greenscreens
Hire proper fight coordinators and force all actors to keep to a fitness regimen
Soft reset the entire franchise (keep the plot points but every actor from pre-endgame gets moved to cameos at most)
Stop making everything a world ending threat

Like if Shang-Chi was a proper super spy kung fu move that was just set in the MCU I'd have probably gone to see it. Hell just give me a Midnight Sons movie about fighting some spooky horror shit or a West Coast Avengers movie about Celebrity "heroes" getting dragged into a larger plot and having to fight the Zodiac crew.
>>
File: daredevil balloon.gif (879 KB, 244x376)
879 KB
879 KB GIF
>>143371507
Deadpool & Wolverine looks good, and Daredevil is shaping up to be promising after they pulled their heads out of their asses and have resolved to bring it closer to the original show.
Outside of that, I'll safely ignore everything until they bring out something else that piques my interest like those two.
>>
>>143371578
>Use real sets instead of mass greenscreens
They should probably use that set they invented for The Mandalorian, The Volume.
>>
>>143371612
I'm fine with that even, my issue is just having the actors standing in front of green screens and not acknowledging anything because at any time the producers might decide to change everything in the background and they don't want to pay for reshoots.
>>
File: Deadpool & Wolverine Art.jpg (222 KB, 1500x1245)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>143371600
While we're on the subject of Deadpool, are there any character interactions or jokes they should focus on delivering? Like for example I think it'd be pretty funny if Wade and She-Hulk realized they could both break the fourth wall, and one interrupts the other's audience address
>>
File: Venom art.jpg (561 KB, 1920x2201)
561 KB
561 KB JPG
Do you think SONY will beg Disney to bring Venom into Secret Wars as an Avengers ally and apologize for that cop out shit in No Way Home? Good chance to dress Peter up in black, and give Venom the spider logo too
>>
I’ll watch Thinderbolts if they add Citizen V
>>
>>143371612
They've already used it in multiple films.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StageCraft
The problem lies in the fact that you still have to make good looking CGI, which was impossible during the post COVID blitz of shoving out every single project that had gotten backed up out as soon as possible.
>>
>>143371507
I've only watched Carol's appearances and only plan to watch further appearances of Carol.
>>
I've been thinking, I don't think the MCU will be at strong as it was before. But I will only go into one reason.

The MCU stopped being critical and basing what their stories are about based on reality. Winter Solider is heavily based on the PRISM program. Shit like Agents of Shield was there exploring a lot of the ramifications for many events in the movies. The Agent's of Shield handling Hydra was done very well. The movies did have something more than being a template for something bigger without having anything interesting by itself.

That won't happen anymore. Any big event has no more meaning. The Multiverse has no meaning. There is no reason to become attached, to care. They made it where there is no reason to care about anything that happens. Even shit like Guardians of the Galaxy 3 heavily stripped most of the meaning from the original comics, and that was one of the good films. There is no longer any deeper meanings, no reason to care, nothing. It's a corpse. It's dead. Let it die and reboot it.
>>
>>143371507
>So is there anything the MCU could do to win you back and say "Okay, sure, I'll watch that"?
>>
>>143371507
the only way I'm 100% back into liking the MCU again is by making the x-men at least 95% faithful to the good source material. starting by casting good actors that looks the part and by having good costumes

then by making good movies
>>
None, they already tied a neat bow with Endgame, and everything after just felt like an overly long epilogue that didn't know when to quit.
>>
>>143371507
Fire pascal from FF, hire a white guy with an American accent, recast She-Hulk, remodels he digital design to be thinner and sexier wind hire writers that make shows for straight men.

I only give a fuck about she-hulk and FF and they ruined both so bad that they’re a middle finger to me personally. I haven’t seen a marvel project since endgame, not the shows not the movies, and I won’t ever again at this point.
>>
>>143371762
This headline and actress is the type of tone she-hulk should have, I mean this dead seriously.
>>
>>143372105
You want to put Lily James in fake boobs again, and paint her green?
>>
>>143372116
yes please do it
>>
end the cinematic universe thing and just make self-contained stories about individual characters directed by auteurs. This has been proven repeatedly to work with Joker & The Batman and still studios won't learn
>>
>>143372116
No I want Jen to be playful and fun and appreciate that the She-Hulk form makes her sexier. I want a main character that doesn’t look like a male with tits while in she-hulk form or have a hideous shrek face.

I want her to wear a onesie bathing suit or bikini or a unitard that doesn’t look like a wrestling onesie.

I want her to be like she was in Byrne’s sensational she-hulk
>>
>>143372093
>Fire pascal from FF, hire a white guy with an American accent
This

>>143372160
The Batman is a terrible fucking film though.
>>
>>143371507
Nah dude, I'm done with cinematic universes just like I'm done with comic books of long running series

I don't want to read hundreds of issues to figure out what's going on shortly before another reboot makes that pointless. You know how close we are to a reboot of the MCU now that all the stars are retired? You think people are going to get excited to watch the exact same fucking stories with new actors?
>>
>>143371507
No, because Endgame was a flawed but perfect ending to a ten year storyline, and I'm not a consoomer who will continually pay $20 to see films that are massively diminishing in quality (both writing and production) just because they feature characters dressed up like the ones that I enjoyed when I was reading comics and watching cartoons as a child.
>>
Honestly at this point? Probably not unless they really hammer down. Which really isn't likely. I would have loved it if a lot more famous stories got done, stuff like Kree/Skrull, Korvac maybe Galactic Storm. But as soon as they rushed to do Civil Fucking war I was ready to just let it be over and honestly even the Ultron movie had me ready to check out.
>>
>>143371507
I’m a 32 year old straight white man, they haven’t made an MCU project for me since like… idk Winter Soldier?

They ruined end game with the ending being all about the diverse replacements, they ruined namor making him mehican, they ruined Reed Richards making him a mehican, they ruined she-hulk making it for women, they ruined moon knight making it retarded, they ruined echo to appeal to Mohicans, they ruined kamala hiring a fat creature and changing her powers, they continue to ruin Carol by not giving her a unitard, they ruined Sam making him cap, they ruined Bucky making sam cap, they ruined black Panther by killing him off rather than recasting.

They don’t make movies for me and that’s cool. They don’t need my money. They’ll be good without it.
>>
>>143372305
>they ruined echo to appeal to Mohicans

If they wanted an American Indian show, American Eagle would have been badass.
>>
It was way more popular than it had any right to be for a way longer time than it had any right to be. It's time to let it go and let something else take its place.
>>
>>143372305
All I wanted from Echo was just Banshee 2.0.
>>
>>143371507
recast tchalla, and keep modern bp writers away from it
>>
No, I'm done with superhero stuff. It's a solved genre.
>>
>>143371719

honestly, a movie thats an old era assembly would be dope. destroyer, citizen v, union jack and others from the era would dope. captain britain(brian) would be dope too.

hell, make the union a legit team and not a fucking joke
>>
>>143372305
Fuck you, you'll watch what we tell you to watch and you'll like it.
>>
>>143371719
I have ZERO interest in Marvel Suicide Squad. The time to do Thunderbolts was post snap when you you could have used it as the void to make Zemo Bolts.
>>
>>143371578
Fight scenes in the MCU feel like an afterthought.
Dozens of movies and I can count on one hand fight scenes that are actually good. This was an issue even back when everyone liked MCU.
When you're running an action movie franchise, that's a serious problem.
>>
>>143371507
I'm going to watch Deadpool and Wolverine and if there's a Gambit solo I'll watch the hell out of it. Past that I'm checked out
>>
>>143371524
That is a fucking shame since First Avenger and Winter Soldier were the best MCU movies imo
>>
>>143371507
>Deadpool
>Spider-Man
>Dr Strange
>Cyclops
They still can get character to be pillars of the MCU, they just need to actually make their movies about them instead of cameo/sequel baiting
Its such a fucking shame they fucked up the Reed cast, he could have been a pillar
I just hope they choose Mads as Doom
>>
>>143371507
Make something good with cool shit. That’s it. The Marvels and a Thunderbolts movie that is actually Black Widow 2 is not cool. Spider-Man teaming up with Daredevil to take down Kingpin is cool. She-Hulk who is miserable most of the time and with shit CGI is not cool. It’s that simple.
>>
>>143371507
Winter Soldier and Hawkeye movie. Or series. Whatever.
>>
>>143371778
>Jean's a ginger
You know they're not gonna do that. And it's fucking stupid since Storm's right there
>>
>>143371507
No. Even if it's momentarily good, I know it's just a setup for propaganda.
>>
>>143371507
I wouldn't want them to bring back RDJ or Evans. Maybe if they put the same energy and love into some new characters as they did with Iron Man 1 and Cap 2.
>>
The only thing that could fix their franchise is a faithful, heartfelt adaptation of Ultimate Spider-Man.
>>
>>143372236
>flawed but perfect
nigga what are you even saying
>>
>>143373676
>I want more Bendis shit
Fuck off.
>>
I thought about which comic adaptations I'd like to see down but honestly I'd just rather read the comics
>>
I find it weird that all these people are just going "no! never watching a mcu movie again!!" like the only thing they would need to do to win me back is literally just release a good movie. Being part of this "ew MCU cringe" culture war is so weird to me.
>>
>>143371507
I don't think so.

The studio is a ship, it doesn't steer that quickly. Lately there have been too many decisions about what is coming up that make my disinterest a certainty. Their course is set and locked unto my own apathy.

Kang has sucked and now they can't eve follow through.
Disney+ Marvel has on average, sucked. Loki the show is basically done and so is that aspect of Marvel.
The keep doubling down on the progressive stuff, and even as a progressive, I don't need to be lectured by my mindless entertainment. Second, taking social messages through casting and mandatory plot themes hinders the quality of the writing, it's nice that you advocate, I won't listen if you don't entertain me.
Captain America is going to suck so hard it makes me sad already.
I'm tired and it seems it lasted as long as it could.

Want me back? Give Bucky a special. Oh, but it would look bad if it does better than Captain Affirmative action. Nah, they're not going to do anything to draw me back. Shit they're now casting Keke Palmer. I don't even feel bad because I feel got the best of what it could offer, passing on this feels fine like I'm not kissing out at all.
>>
>>143371507
Gotg 3 was the last thing i enjoyed. I liked how it didn't try going TOO big with its scale despite being in space.
>>
>>143371507
Don't make another television movie like The Marvels. I'm even good with more Brie, but that was such a shoddy effort.
I'm already pumped for Wolverine and Deadpool and Fantastic Four.
>>
>>143373996
Come on, at this point you can't deny it's outstayed its welcome. You can't release three movies a year for over ten years and expect people not to get sick of it.
>>
>>143371507
I always said that the only thing that could bring me back is Rick Jones.
>>
>>143371524
>>143373165
Yeah, Civil War was an annoying waste of time.

>>143373316
I'm a lot more interested in DP or a future collection of X movies than I would be in more Strange. I haven't even seen Multiverse of Madness but that's mostly because I suspect I need to watch Wandavision first and I don't have the energy to waste to even pirate that.

Strange was boring in the cross-over films and his first solo, other than the magic stuff which I did enjoy, was just Iron Manlet movie one, redone and that was overwhelming then, too.

>>143374400
I didn't even really enjoy Endgame and IW.
No Way Home was the only thing I enjoyed that was Marvel related since about 2018 since the DP sequel was also MEH. I liked things in the What If animated series, but that has a lot more to do with it connecting with comic stories more, and that I personally do like multiverse stuff.

>>143371600
I tried to like Daredevil since I liked other stuff DeKnight did but it was MEH, I never even bothered pirating any of the other Netflix Marvel crap.

>>143371507
>Do you think Disney will break out their checkbook and beg RDJ and Chris Evans to return for one more ride via blah blah multiverse/time travel?
If they get desperate enough for what they think will be a $1B movie that doesn't involve sharing with Sony.

Otherwise, NO, NO, probably pirate, and NO.
>>
>>143371542
The Incredible Hulk is literally the best MCU film.
>>143371600
Born Again is being written by a writer for The Punisher. It's DOA.
>>143371612
The reason it looks good in Mando is because they know how to use it. Watch all the other shows to see how to not use it.
>>
I'm just really tired of super hero movies in general, It's starting to be a headache. I wonder if this is what it was like when people started to get sick of westerns.
>>
>>143374529
People kept telling me how "awesome" Jessica Jones and its villain were, and it was the single biggest disappointment I've had with the MCU.
If you didn't like Daredevil, chances are staying away from Netflix shit is a wise decision because it really doesn't get any better.
>>
>>143371507
Put old man Cap (Evans) in the Vita-ray chamber, de-age him to a hale 55+ year old, and have him be the new head of new Shield with some actually effective human agents like Coulson again.
>>
>>143373996
I don't see the MCU as innately poisoned or anything, and I do still enjoy the movies as like popcorn flicks, but I'd say the issue is too much expansion. The live and hype for the trunk had them starting to focus too much on branches, and that's a lot less appealing. The trunk is now gone as well, so there's really no going back. Honestly they're lucky things went smooth enough to happily reach Endgame, but once they make a show for fucking Echo, and sudden She-Hulk, and Loki-But-He's-The-Old-Avengers-1-One-But-Also-Immediately-Different, it's clear they've gotten TOO far out on the branches and are just spitting out twigs. Even that doesn't disqualify it from being good necessarily but given it's still an MC Universe it gets hard to stay invested when we start checking nooks and crannies for content and STILL tease the NEXT fun twig so that product leads to product leads to bastardized product. It'll also, I think, make things feel cheaper and forced when the time comes to tie everything back together for the next big cosmic threat in Avengers 6: The Search For More Money. Nick Fury and SHIELD set things up to overlap from the start, but nowadays what's gonna get Kamala and Loki and Strange and Thor and Spider-Man to hang out other than just all bumping into each other?
>>
>>143374529
>I suspect I need to watch Wandavision first
That's the fun part, you don't. MoM shits entirely and the meaning and especially ending of Wandavision it's such a face-slapping u turn. I'm not gonna hold up either as high art but I'll say Wandavision is mostly a fun cheesy time not taking too much seriously for a while as it plays off of different eras of tv nostalgia. If that sounds appealing you might like it. MoM has an overall eyeroller plot 95% of the time but the visuals are pretty fun, good atmosphere at times. I like the MCU enough to have enjoyed both so I'd lightly recommend them, but I wouldn't hold either up as Saves The MCU- tier.
>>
>>143371507
>So is there anything the MCU could do to win you back

Creativity and "originality". Do something that either hasn't been done before, or done recently, or at least hasn't been done on a big scale (This all goes for Star Wars too).
Like how about a Captain America mini-series about his experiences in WWII, but instead of bringing Evans and having the OG cast play the characters in the WWI scenes, recast them. But then bring back some of the OG Howling Commands, like Hayley Atwell and Neal McDonough to play older versions of their characters. Make it so the series isn't the actual "real" events of the MCU, but is instead a TV series, from with in the MCU, that dramatizes the real events. Hell release a book alongside it that tells a slightly different version of the series and have it be an 'in universe', upon which the 'in universe' show was supposedly based on.
What about an animated Captain America WWII propaganda movie, with a back story that it was a lost film, but then someone found a near complete audio reel for it, so a studio made it into an animation?

Keeping on 'in universe media', what about a Great Lakes Avengers show? Make it a over the top comedy mostly aimed at kids, but with adult jokes slipped in, starring Squirrel-Girl. Doesn't seem to have any real canon connection to the MCU, other then references to certain events, but reference it in other MCU as being an in universe show. Hell if they ever do make a Power Pack show, they could make it Katie's favorite show.

Instead of releasing Deadpool 3 as a hard R movie, release two different versions, an R and a PG13+/M15+. The PG13 version would have the swearing and violence toned down, but could have a bunch of 4th wall jokes about how a particular action scenes "looks so much better in the R version".

And I've pitched this idea before, but how about a light RomCom movie about how Aunt May and Uncle Ben met, that's set in the MCU, but doesn't feature any superheroes?
>>
>>143371507
The MCU was never good.
>>
>>143371507
Actually focus on the characters that people actually like.
Wasting time and money on shit like Ms. Marvel, Echo, Agatha, Ironheart and Wonder Man is part of the reason that audiences don’t care for the MCU anymore.
>>
File: IMG_1243.jpg (1.18 MB, 2048x2732)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
Give kamala her comic powers and this costume.
>>
>>143375116
That looks ugly as shit you rancid coomer.
>>
>>143375116
Super cute
>>
File: 1694116963040154.jpg (439 KB, 1080x1350)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>143374697
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a She-Hulk show in theory.
It helps that unless Aaron is writing her, she's a fairly distinct character from her cousin in terms of personality so she doesn't feel too derivative and Jen as a character is also in that sweet spot where she's not super-obscure literally who and has a lot of fans (if not from comics, then due to various cartoons and MvC3 exposure at least), but not known to normies either. Kind of like Scarlet Witch was.
The actual problem is that they got the worst braincell-deficient troglodytes to write her godawful series that they poisoned the perception of her for years to come.
Somebody please post that creepy they/them-looking thing who was one of the writers. I think it sums up all you need to know.
Do I sound like I'm mad? Because I am.
>>
Yeah, it's very simple but not likely to ever happen again: Give a good director creative freedom so that their film feels, in every aspect, like their own, i.e. James Gunn's Guardians.

Actual cinematography, lovingly designed fight choreo, idiosyncratic writing, etc. A film made by an actual human working with other humans to realize a vision, not Marvel's pre-viz team and jobber writing staff shitting out another pre-baked turd that looks as soulless as a cell phone commercial.

You see it now with Beau De Mayo's X-Men. It could have gone so wrong, but having someone in the driver's seat that cares makes all the difference.
>>
File: RCO031_1582256776.jpg (461 KB, 1041x1600)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>143375569
I just fucking remembered this after I pressed "submit". How embarrassing.
One of the writers on She-Hulk show was Zebediah "Pardon our cuck fetishes" Wells. Ask Spider-Man threads about him if you want to know more. And considering that aside from Ziglar it was all no-name woman writers and that bitch who wrote Pickle Rick episode and Robot Chicken.
Poor Jen never had a chance
>>
>>143375569
>There is absolutely nothing wrong with a She-Hulk show in theory.

They could have made it Boston Legal, but in the MCU.

Fun fact, there were a few women who wrote for Boston Legal. One of them went on to write a few episodes for Arrow and the Flash, while another worked as a showrunner on a sci-fi series.
If they wanted to be progressive and hire women, why not hire these women? They have experience in Superheroes/Science fiction and writing zany court room dramas.
>>
>>143375752
If aside from law stuff they could also deliver some cool action scenes and fun and threatening villains, I have no objections.
And by "threatening" I mean NOT taking guys like Wrecking Crew and making them weak jokes who literally can't even scratch the main protagonist, because that's so much cooler than superpowered criminals that can be a match for Thor. Like I know they're often jobbers in the comics, but even then they're still dangerous unlike a bunch of thugs with glowing sticks.
Oh and Thunderball is a very visibly white guy in a black ski mask, but I guess everyone was too focused on that cringy twerking scene to pay attention. Or because Wrecking Crew are too obscure for your average normalfag who bitches about things like that
And no I'm not letting that go. Fuck, if these writers want to be seen as "progressive" bringing up Thunderball whitewashing is a fair complaint to make.
>>
File: y73fiomg9h561.png (785 KB, 998x619)
785 KB
785 KB PNG
>>143371507
I don't care if it's a show or a movie, but something for Wanda and Vision that redeems Wanda and fixes or de-canonizes what they did to her, reunites them and gives them a happy ending. And keeps Wanda completely unconnected to mutants, X-Men or Magneto, and Vision completely unconnected to Wonderman. Not coming back for anything else after what they did.
>>
>>143376523
I wish this happened, she was stopped from killing the Fantastic 4 and we could still get the comic book perfect F4 rather than MuttWorld we had to get now.

>>143373429
Yeah these C words that are all laughing at MCU will be crying when an actually good, genuinely created movie Deadpool vs Wolverine gets 1.5 billion, yeah She Hulk and Echo isn't true MCU crackers.
>>
>>143373429
>Spider-Man teaming up with Daredevil to take down Kingpin is cool.
It also has Jessica Jones, Echo and other characters nobody with taste cares about so it's automatically gonna be shit.
>>
>>143373053
Haven’t watched in 5 years, won’t start now.
>>
>>143371507
No, it's permadead.
>>
I just have to ask. Why can't Marvel make a good movie/show with a woman as a lead?
They tried so many times, but it always ends up being shit.
>>
>>143371507
Not really without everyone at Disney equally deciding to fucking stop it with
>Multiverse shit, just fucking stop that
>Making sure EVERY thing they make is 100% tied into three other movies and two Disney+ series, we need standalone movies again
>The Snap shit, that ruined the setting completely

A plain ol Hulk punching U-Foes movie with no other guest stars from any other MCU production would be fun.
A plain ol Spider-Man punching Hobgoblin movie with no other guest stars from any other MCU production would be fun.
A plain ol Nova punching Blastaar movie with no other guest stars from any other MCU production would be fun.
A plain ol Darkhawk punching Catastrophus movie with no other guest stars from any other MCU production would be fun.
A plain ol Wonder Man punching Grim Reaper movie with no other guest stars from any other MCU production would be fun.
A plain old Thing punching Absorbing Man movie with no other guest stars from any other MCU production would be fun.

But we can't have that. Every new movie needs to cross promote Disney+ so it can lead to subscriptions. Needs multiverse so there can be 3 versions of each character to sell more toys. Needs to be linked up to the next big event with a main event villain because that is the key to success even though it haqs only worked out once, and not even once for every other studio that has tried it in the last decade.
>>
>>143371507
It simply ended as far as I'm concerned. It's like expecting me to actually care about anything after Toy Story 3 regardless of quality.
>>
>>143371507
At this point they have killed off too many people and burned too many bridges to feasibly keep going.

>Iron Man dead
>Captain America dead
>Black Panther dead
>Loki basically dead
>Asgard dead
>Vision dead,
>Wanda may as well be dead
>Ant Man, Fury, Hulk, Strange, are old as shit and getting older
>Every Spider-Man villain is older than that
>MCU Earth is a complete shitshow coming off an apocalyptic event and barely recovering
>Skrulls dead
>Novas dead

They are down to the bottom of the secondary and third rate characters barrel at this point. Movies are going to have to star Doc Samson, Black Knight, and Madam Masque fighting Blizzard, Diablo, and Trapster since all the A, B, and C list characters are used up or dead in some way. Can't wait for Night Thrasher vs Sleepwalker movie while we are making 5th rate nobidies no one ever cared for into starring roles.
>>
>>143373936
The film had flaws on a story and narrative level, but despite those flaws, it was a perfect send off for the Avengers. The statements aren't contradictory.
>>
>>143377406
I'm not a fan of The Avengers or Joss Whedon in general, but SHIELD was pretty comfy aesthetically. Even if I'd prefer if the agents were allowed to wear white and blue comic-accurate uniforms. I know a lot of people like TWS, but I think disposing of SHIELD was a mistake and kind of sucked off the air of comic bookiness and replaced it with much more generic government agencies.
>>
>>143371507
No. As long as Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars, I have zero interest in either IP. I've jumped ship for Manga and Anime for the time being.
>>
>>143373488
They already made Jean black in the new Wolverine game. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these people?
>>
>>143375569
My issue isn't flat out making a show for her, it's how they suddenly crammed her and then her origin into the MCU. The show itself has plenty of flaws sure but even if it didn't it's still a case of Marvel reaching out for another character to milk media out of.
>>
>>143378560
Seriously? I mean we all knew it was inevitable in the MCU, but a game did it already?
>>
File: rT3JiXL[1].jpg (610 KB, 3840x2160)
610 KB
610 KB JPG
>>143378603
>>
>>143377406
I remember thinking this would eventually be a problem at the end of Iron Man 2, none of these movies could leave recurring villains because the climax always kills them off. Any exceptions besides Loki? I genuinely can't remember now, I think they all die.
>>
>>143371507
If they made a movie that re-connect everything they made after Endgame I would start giving them my money again
>>
>>143378648
She isn’t black in the game though. She looks like Emma Stone. This is concept art
>>
>>143378648
this game is gonna suck ass
>>
>>143371507
No more women, blacks, LGBTQ+
Only White men making movies about White superheroes.
>>
>>143371507
An “80s and 90s MCU” movie with Hammond Spidey, Ferrigno Hulk, Thor, and Daredevil battling some giant big-budget planetary threat they’re way too underpowered to handle. Cameos from Reb Brown Cap, Corman FF, etc. de-age or deepfake everybody.
>>
>>143371573
What about Bruce Banner loses his memories aka his training of controlling Hulk and by proxy Hulk is more of just raw emotion monster.
FF want to stop Hulk, Reed wants to find a solution to cure Hulk/bruce
At the same time weapon X wants to use Hulk blood so they send wolverine who at this time is still under there control.

Wolverine acts more like a predator, we can even say weapon X stole Sue Storm blood and gave wolverine cloaking abilities.
>>
>>143380454
>wanting better female-led movies and shows than trash Marvel makes makes you le incel.
Brilliant logic.
I swear to Christ, all mass repliers should be Abu Ghraib'd.
>>
>>143371507
>Longshot movie set in the Mojoverse
>at least the first 45 minutes are presented as if it's an actual broadcast made by Mojo
It's all I've ever wanted.
>>
>>143373059
Yeah they should do dark avengers instead
>>
>>143371507
>Drop wokeness
>Bring the white Cap back (not /pol/, Mackie is cool but just doesn’t have the “it” factor. I’d watch a FalCap movie with someone like Boseman RIP)
>Drop multiverse and Kang
>Fire any employee within the Pronoun cult

This is non negotiable
>>
>>143378730
Abomination is still kicking. Grand Master might still be alive somewhere, Surtur too. It's largely Captain America villains that keep on dying. A lot of the cosmic characters are dead too.

Most of the classic Iron Man villains are still alive, along with most of the Earth Thor villains.
>>
I will watch Blade if they remake the opening scene from the first movie with the same music, that is all I need.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Hw_UC314M
>>
>>143379280
You're overcomplicating it. This is just "oh they meet for the first time" thing
>>
>>143371507
>So is there anything the MCU could do to win you back
Ditch the Whedon humor
>>
Start from scratch
>>
>>143372187
>>143375569
>>143375752
>>143378584
>>143375842
I didn't hate She-Hulk, but they really pissed away the potential the show had. The legal/attorney stuff was an afterthought, and they didn't push into the weird cases she could have been handling. While I can appreciate the show trying to break from the Marvel formula, they clearly didn't know what to fill the space with. Like for example the meta ending was the writers throwing their hands up for a plot that clearly didn't work, and Banner's son felt like a plot point that should have been the focus of the season as they sure as hell won't explore it in films. Not making Abomination the antagonist just felt subversion for the sake of it. Why couldn't he be the mastermind that was dating Titania and acting as a false father figure for Hulk's son? Why couldn't it be explored as a legal custody battle?

Jen is a fine protagonist stuck in a crap show, limited by the scripts. Only hope now is for her to have decent side character appearances similar to Ant-Man.
>>
>>143371507
You’re insufferable, Lancedance. I hope you understand your mother will die knowing her failure of a son took money out of her account to buy Disneyslop Spider-Man and Joki merch. Go back to fapping to underaged goth girls. You won’t fuck /co/ up more than it’s already been fucked up.
>>
>>143383857
>Lancedance.
Who's that?
>>
>>143383948
A Deviantart degenerate who makes threads about MCU, underaged goth girls, and goblin waifus. He admitted on his journal he was taking advantage of his cancer stricken mother, who from what he’s said, has been nothing but kind to him, and has been taking money from her to waste it on Marvel merch he likes to show off on DA.

Lancedance is insufferable.
>>
>>143371507
They should just start from scratch with the Fantastic Four and the god damn Mole Man
>>
>>143371507
Drop the TVA shit, and no more Loki unless you show a version of him from another universe closer to what he was in the first films and not the woobified Loki. I’m sick of them both.
>>
File: daredevil vol 3.jpg (318 KB, 626x950)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>143384144
>checked
Mole Man is underappreciated
>>
>>143384039
I mean, I believe it. This board is a schizo haven. Sucks someone would do that to a sick parent.

>>143384220
I thought I was the only one who hated that faggot
>>
>>143375752
>If they wanted to be progressive and hire women, why not hire these women?
Because the show was a nepo-vanity project. They didn't know how to write courtroom scenes, so you know what they did? Research? Hire a consultant? Expand their writing pool? Nope. They just cut them.
>>
I am still bitter about what they did to Peter
>>
>>143384685
Peter's NWH sacrifice is more Peter than comic Peter right now
>>
>>143371507
I wanted Spider-Man's identity being revealed to have lasting consequences, even if the world approves of what Peter does, we even had set up for this back in Homecoming, "If I knew who he was, he'd already be dead".
Instead, everyone hates him because of JJJ, even though there's tons of evidence contrary to what Mysterio doctored, Vulture is abruptly ejected from the MCU altogether and the last straw is that no one knows Peter is Spider-Man anymore.
>>
File: 1675124134232411.jpg (87 KB, 880x1100)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Peni Parker spin-off movie.
No, it can't be live-action.
>>
>>143384144
>doing what worked in the comics in 1961 will be dimes in 2024, I just know it
>Fantastic Four didn't work the previous times they tried, but Silver Age Marvel started with FF so a new MCU should start with them
It'd be DOA, anon. DOA.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.