[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why was this so dogshit? Wasn't this supposed to be their 100th anniversary?
>>
You expect too much out of a corporate conglomerate.
>>
>>143526381
Can we stop pretending that Disney has ever been good? They are famous for stealing from the public domain or licensed stories and then bastardizing them into being inoffensive family friendly sanitized trite.

Not exactly surprising that when they try original ideas they are subpar or worse utter shit. And I hope all these agenda pushing activists like Jennifer Lee and Pete Docter SINK Disney into ruin.
>>
>>143526381
Let them keep spamming shitty female protagonists until they die. And no, making a movie starring a modern emasculated beta male like Luca or Elio is not going to salvage a damn thing. Fuck Disney.
>>
>>143526381
Keep in mind that this got removed from the theaters after two weeks while Godzilla Minus One stayed till end of January, both of which dropped in first week of December.
>>
>>143526381
Everything from the artstyle to the story to the music lyrics was so fucking bad, it felt like they released an unfinished draft of a movie that should have been rewritten entirely. Like an afterschool special on Disney Junior. What was wrong with the Tangled/Frozen/Moana artstyle again?
>>
>>143526381
Their current department head just surrounds herself with sycophants and yes men. Anyone that questioned anything got sacked.
>>
>>143526381
Jennifer Lee micromanages things to shit just like John Lasseter, but Lasseter had a solid handle on what kids and families actually want whereas Lee can only think from the vantage point of a menopausal wine aunt.
>>
File: wish.png (123 KB, 1360x478)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>143526381
It's disapointing how this shit which wouldn't even be good as a straight-to-TV movie managed to get a theatrical release, but actual good movies like Soul never saw theaters.
>>
>>143526500
Nothing, I'm a bakshi enjoyer and always thought indies mogged disney.
>>
>>143526551
Odd, didn't Crumb hate Bakshi's Fritz adaptation because it wasn't left ENOUGH?
>>
>>143526573
Welp, it seems I know way too fucking much about Fritz lore.
>>
>>143526389
>Bakery year 1: We have made a chocolate cake
>Bakery year 2: We have made a chocolate cake
>Bakery year 3: We have made a chocolate cake
>Bakery year 4: We have made a chocolate cake
>Bakery year 5: We have made a chocolate cake
>Costumers year 6: I can't wait to eat another chocolate cake this year
>Bakery year 6: We have made a cake out of shit and vomit
>Anon: Hurr, why did you expect anything out of the bakery?
>>
>>143526467
this desu.

Lasseter was actually good at his job, this hag just wants to shove shitskins and fags into everything that's meant to be for little kids
>>
>>143526578
Except here's the thing, Disney tends to get into a dark age every couple of decades. The 70s/80s, 00s, and now are especially bad.
>>
>>143526426
>They are famous for stealing from the public domain or licensed stories and then bastardizing them into being inoffensive family friendly sanitized trite.

The way you wrote that makes it sound bad, but it's not. They took stories that often had some really jarring content and cleaned them up to be family friendly so that a general audience from kids to adults can watch and enjoy. If you make a product, you want as many people as possible to buy it. They used to do that well. Now they're making product that they want gay people to buy, or black people to buy, or (insert minority here) to buy, not realizing that on average, most black and gay and (insert minority here) people are... average.
>>
>>143526605
it has not only never been bad, it has sure as hell never been this bad
it's just been... not-the-renaissance. like seriously they had this perfect formula and art style, then they were like "you know what? let's make everything gross instead"
>>
>>143526381
They literally had a directive to populate half their animation talent with women and drive the men out. I believe they achieved or almost achieved that number.
And like everyone who has had this discussion has pointed out, if you're just going to hire people based on checking identity boxes, instead of the best people for the job, you're inevitably going to be staffed with people who don't do the job as well.
>>
File: 9enk7idagyqb1.jpg (107 KB, 828x1020)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>143526381
Why are diversity hires so detrimental to artistic expression and entertainment? One has to wonder what goes on in the offices of Disney when production was happening. Were they doing scavenger hunts? Cultural appreciation potlucks every day? Why am I able to tell immediately that this abominable creation was that of diversity hires?
>>
>>143526558
I don't know the specifics but I always thought it was because Bakshi made the movie a general statement about (ultimately criticizing) the whole hippie era whereas Crumb was just a weirdo coomer who wanted his weirdo coomer shit and didn't give a fuck about muh society or whatever. But I don't know the specifics.
>>
>>143526381
Disney have been trying to recapture the success of Frozen, especially "let it go" which is a fairly pop-y song they could sell on the radio. The managed to strike somewhat of a balance by relying on Lin Manuel Mirana as a crutch, because he's a musical writer with a distinctly pop-y style. People liked Hamilton, they liked Moana, and even Encanto was pretty well liked. Disney believed that they could get away with leaning into more of this pop-y style, and hired a pop song writer with no musical experience to make the soundtrack for this movie. And well it sucked.
And beyond the musical aspects of the movie, its clear in rushing out the movie for their 100th anniversary they didn't have time to polish up the story they were trying to tell. Corporate meddling and a desire to make the movie as generically appealing to a mass audience as possible lead to them cutting out the more interesting aspects of the movie that could have saved it and instead lead to a very generic poorly thought out plot that failed to be captivating to anyone. Combine these two aspects and its no wonder the movie failed.
>>
>>143526608
The problem with current disney isn't the fact they are trying to appeal to a niche audience, it's the fact they are both trying to appeal to niche audiences while also making their movies as generic as possible in order to have mass/average appeal, which ends up appealing to nobody.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
This was made just over a decade ago. What was wrong with this again? Were the characters too white (too offensive) for the pajeets and women at Disney?
>>
>>143526578
>food analogy
Imagine being so fat
>>
>>143526651
>Why am I able to tell immediately that this abominable creation was that of diversity hires?
It wasn't
>>
>>143526702
>story by women and trannies
>animated by pajeets
Sure thing Tyrone.
>>
>>143526688
>Movie everyone likes regardless of political agenda
>"Why do imaginary people hate this movie again? Is it because of (political agenda)?"
>>
>>143526688
Wish still uses Tangled's style, only with a vague Spiderverse-like aesthetic added on top of it.
>>
>>143526735
More like it looks unfinished
>>
>>143526733
holy based
>>
>>143526740
Which is pathetic, considering that Disney had all the time and resources to make it a proper 2D film.
>>
>>143526651
results of affirmative action
whites and asians are simply too successful for the common lib’s narrative.
>>
>>143526525
Soul and Turning Red's slightly stylized but grounded designs would have worked in 2d but in CGI they lack a distinct identity because slightly stylized but grounded is the norm since going realistic leads to the uncanny.

>>143526617
Disney doesn't make action films. At most they make adventure films.

>>143526651
By intentionally restricting your labor pool you force yourself to take what is available. But ulitmately you're looking at it wrong. Auteur theory is bullshit, movies are made by a combination of screenwriters, directors, producers, and execs plus the changes forced by budget, shooting time, and whatever life throws at the production.
>>
File: point.jpg (136 KB, 980x550)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>143526605
Except here's the thing. Shut up. This was the centennial. The big 1-0-0. There is zero reason they should have cocked things up. If ever there was a time to bring their absolute best a game it was now. It's one thing to land a dud in a stream of constant films. It is NOT okay to half ass your 100 year anniversary. If Wish wasn't the celebration movie we might be able to wash it all off. But it wasn't. So fuck you.
>>
>>143526655
Crumb was a scat fetishist, so it checks out.
>>
>>143526467
And anyone that seeks to have actual discussion about a project. They are out.
>>
>>143526381
>just call it the 100th anniversary and people will assume it’s good
>>
>>143526381
black princesses are not a draw brother
>>
>>143526657
I think the general opinion is that it's just such a shame this happened with their 100th anniversary movie, that's a pretty hefty fuck-up to make.
>>
>>143526671
If they had mass appeal they'd be selling. The reason the masses aren't watching disney is BECAUSE they are appealing to a niche audience, making a point of it, and in the case of gay content, people are boycotting it because straight people don't care to see yet more LGBT propaganda, this time in the entertainment that is supposed to be an escape from everyday political bullshit. People are boycotting disney, at a much greater rate than they imagined.
>>
>>143526381
Anniversaries just don’t mean much anymore. Today is the 200th anniversary of Beethoven’s Ninth symphony, did you know that?
>>
>>143526426
This is revised history and half-truths. Disney when Walt was alive was amazing. Their movies were artsy and sophisticated. Sleeping Beauty is just as mesmerizing today as it was back then.
They also did not sanitize any stories (with the exception of Bambi and Pinocchio). Fairy tales are a form of folk tale, which contain recognizable types and motifs (google the ATU index if you want to know more). Fairy tales had a plethora of different versions, and Walt Disneys versions were true to the versions he knew. Snow White, for instance, is largely based on the 1916 silent film adaptation. Sleeping Beauty is based on the Tchaikovsky ballet. It’s true, a lot of these stories had darker versions (like the version where Cinderella’s step sisters cut off bits of their feet, or the version of Sleeping Beauty where she is raped and has children in her sleep) but these versions are just one variant. You can find collections of children’s stories predating Disney which more closely resemble the Disney version of the story.
Note that I’m talking about the works of the man Walt Disney. After his death his company did do what people accused him of always doing, creating sanitized versions of public domain stories like The Little Mermaid, Hercules, and (most bafflingly) The Hunchback of Notre Dame
>>
>>143527376
Eh it was mid.
>>
>>143527376
didn't know that. is that the one that goes "duh duh duh duuuuhh?"
>>
File: wished.png (1.44 MB, 1920x1080)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
Even gratuitous squirrel thigh couldn't save it.
>>
>>143526499
I saw Soul in theaters twice, once during its initial run and again during the re-release. It's nice living in NYC.
>>
>>143526558
>>143526655
There’s a very funny sequence in the end of the film which Crumb took specific issue with.
Fritz joins some sort of anarchist group and they tell him to plant a bomb on an oil rig. He does it, but as he does he rambles on a conversation he imagines he’s having with one of them, decrying violence and refusing to plant a bomb for them, saying “in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.” Crumb interpreted this as a right-wing anti-revolutionary statement, and disowned the movie for it
>>
>>143526702
Oh really? Then why was a woman who has zero experience in animation or children's content given the job of writing an animated kids film? Holy shit, this tumblr post is thinking exactly what I'm thinking.
https://jq37.tumblr.com/post/734464654844248065/who-is-allison-moore-a-disneys-wish-mystery
She was a diversity hire, all the way. Also, this >>143526642 (You)
>>
>>143526539
I went to a screening of Wizards not long ago and thought it was really disappointing. The big battle scene with all the rotoscoping is cool, but the story was a mess, the twist ending to the duel is a let down, and the girl is redeemed too easily. Very weak film overall, to say nothing of the fact that the first 10 minutes is narration in front of stills with no animation, great way to start your "animated movie." Then it goes into the sequence of the robot's stealth mission to assassinate the president, which has the highest quality animation of the entire movie. I wonder if that was made first and used as a proof of concept to find backers to make the rest of the movie.
>>
>>143526381
Trying to please an amorphous blob is pointless.
>>
>>143527414
I recently watched Alice in Wonderland for the first time since I was a kid, and felt it doesn't really hold up compared to the other early disney features. It's kind of funny how much the animation quality increases when it gets to the queen of hearts segment. It reminded me of an anime that saves 90% of its budget for the final battle.
>>
There must be a way to make the CEO or at the very least a very high position right under it always an artist.

It can't be that hard to find an executive that also study art. They don't need to be a good artist, Walt himself aknowledged he was a pretty bad artist, all you need is someone who understand the basic and give a fuck.
>>
>>143527414
Disney movies stopped being wholly ambitious long before Disney himself died. Most people don't seem to explain that the strikes, ww2, and financial failures (all of which happened around a similar time period) really upset Walt, and made him take a hands-off approach, and lose interest in animation. The Disney movies made after Bambi were tailor-made to be 'safe successes'.
>>
>>143526381
the soundtrack was the problem? seems like everything was. I hate when people do this.
>>
>>143527563
Honestly I don't think the idea is totally off-base
Even if every other problem with the movie remained, a banging soundtrack would probably have been enough in itself to make a lot of people run defense for it.
>>
File: niggers in my vidya.png (8 KB, 314x297)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>143526578
>Food analogy
It's like I'm posting on /v/!
>>
>>143527499
Walt himself thought the same thing after it underperformed in theatres (it cost $3 mil and only made $3 mil). Wish just sounds like Wonderland all over again just less enjoyable when you read about it's production and performance.

>Alice in Wonderland was met with great criticism from Carroll fans, as well as from British film and literary critics, who accused Disney of "Americanizing" a great work of English literature.Walt Disney was not surprised by the critical reception to Alice in Wonderland as his version of Alice was intended for large family audiences, not literary critics. Additionally, the film was met with a lukewarm response at the box office. Additionally, he remarked that the film failed because it lacked heart. In The Disney Films, Leonard Maltin says that animator Ward Kimball felt the film failed because "it suffered from too many cooks—directors. Here was a case of five directors each trying to top the other guy and make his sequence the biggest and craziest in the show. This had a self-canceling effect on the final product."
>>
File: burger-king.png (994 KB, 842x837)
994 KB
994 KB PNG
>>143526381
Didn't some insider spill the beans on this?
Basically it was a combination of executive meddling and the director being a raging bitch to everyone.
>>
>>143527574
well, I haven't even heard of this movie until a week ago, so maybe their problem was lack of promoting it.
>>
>>143526381
>should teach Disney the importance of their soundtracks
That's part of what fucked them up this go around. They got top 40 music producers to make the songs this time, figuring it could get Wish songs surefire radio play like Bruno got.
>>
>>143527599
no I don't think so
>>
>>143527605
No that definitely isn't it, they marketed the FUCK out of this movie, spent assloads of money, don't understand how you missed it.
>>
>>143526381
But the real question is, how does this compare to Wish Upon?
>>
>>143526381
The story felt like it was AI generated
>>
>>143527831
At least Wish Upon is funny-bad
>>
>>143526381
The artists on the films can't make a Disney classic with a few exceptions here and there, and are too prideful to push themselves to learn how to draw
>>
At leas they got all that Star Wars to fall back on right?
>>
Isn't the message of this movie "all wishes should come true regardless of how vague or possibly dangerous they are"? With the "villain" only being in the wrong because he won't grant EVERY wish?
>>
>>143526381
https://youtu.be/W23LKD9Z1hw?t=3
>>
They made something with no direction instead of making something good with only references and they couldn't even commit to them.
>>
>>143526605
Who's going to lead them out of it though? All the talent has fucked off and there's no sign of a grounds up new approach.

Dreamworks, Sony, Skydance, even fucking Illumination are doing more exciting things.

Skydance could even be the Amblin/Don Bluth of modern times. You've got Lasseter heading it, Brad Bird making his dream project and the director who was making Gigantic at Disney is now making "untitled Jack and the Beanstalk movie" for them.
>>
>>143526735
Wish looks like it poorly imitates Tangled style, the character models don't look nearly as nice.
>>
>>143527499
Walt was mad about that.
>>
>>143526381
It started with some interesting ideas but I think the pressure of it being their 100 year flick got to them and they kept softening and removing the edges of everything "just in case"
>>
>>143526454
The hell happened to the lyrics? Mormally they can atleast bank on some tunes but the lyrics sounded like discarded Lin Man Whatever bars
>>
>>143526426
It was just more popular than filmation just because of the quality of the animation, but the wester shitty idea of not mentioning death made that most of those movies forgettable filled with shitty songs
comparing the disney version vs del toro version of pinocchio just proves that disney was more about pretty colors and focusing to kids than making deep scripts
>>
>>143526467
This.
As much as people rag on Cars, that shit sold like gangbusters to 5 year olds, who were the target demo

Even at his worst Lassanter made bank
>>
>>143526651
Because diversity is ALSO a tool for corruption and nepotism very often, and also it exists at all levels of the industry. So black wahmen in animation/directing/casting/ who gives a shit will have an easier time going to universities, passing tests, and be less capable because less will be required of them. So diversity hires are much worse than just "a bit worse than meritocratic picks". They're fucking awful, and this is before all the mental health shit and lack of work ethic.

This is a negative feed back loop. Women and people of all races were more capable before we all said we need more of them and lowered the standards we held them to.
>>
>>143530577
What a garbage opinion. Did you even see Soul?
>>
>>143526381
it didn't feel like an event. it was the 100th year anniversary movie and it looked boring. the princess looked boring, the villain looked too sanitized and unthreatning and it honestly should've been 2d animated.
that would've made it at least worth seeing, it would've paid homage to the history of Disney and be something that got people to talk. movies nowdays need something that make people watch them, there isn't the disposable income to go see them "just because".
and on top of that the movie just felt like a week, corporate respomse to common criticism, like the villain was meant to be a twist and changed last minute, the art style looks like a slapped on filter after the popularity of spiderverse. it is a soulless movie from the ground up
>>
>>143526651
>Why are diversity hires so detrimental to artistic expression and entertainment?

I suspect being a diversity hire in of itself tends to attract people with a profoundly entitled mentality. You're going to get a woman/minority who's general attitude is "I'm black/woman, do as I say whitey" as opposed to a woman/minority who joined the company because they were genuinely passionate about making cartoons and worked their way up on their own.

>>143526855
>Disney doesn't make action films. At most they make adventure films.

Fun fact, Disney produced The Rock, Pearl Harbor, and Black Hawk Down via subsidiary companies.
>>
Can't celebrate your company's legacy if you now deem said legacy problematic.
>>
>>143526426
>Can we stop pretending that Disney has ever been good?
Guys like Tolkien never pretended. They just outright called Disney shit
>>
>>143526657
>Corporate meddling and a desire to make the movie as generically appealing to a mass audience as possible lead to them cutting out the more interesting aspects of the movie that could have saved it and instead lead to a very generic poorly thought out plot that failed to be captivating to anyone

Not just failing to captivate but actively disgust people. The themes of the movie are actively horrific and reckless, but presented like a normal kids movie. It is a morality fable as written by a pscyhopath. The movie THINKS it has some kind of message about hope or something, but actually is espousing the glorification of instant gratification and a 'fuck you, got mine' mentality where as long as I get what I want I don't care about the consequences for everyone else.
Any adult in the room watching this film recognized that there was something wrong with the movie, even if they lacked the media literacy to be able to explain WHY the story was wrong.
>>
>>143533565
It was written by the "we don't keep score and everybody gets a participation trophy" generation. Now those kids are writing disney movies.
>>
Because it was obligatory. They honestly made exactly a film that perfectly represents Disney as a company, a pure distilled Disney magic, void of any creativity or desire to distinguish it from the rest of the brand. Because the dirty truth all along was that the uniform parts of Disney films are completely soulless on their own
>>
>>143533368
Tolkien didn't like a lot of things.
He told C.S. Lewis to stop giving him drafts of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe to read because he thought the inclusion of father Christmas was cringy.
He also hated Americans on principle.
>>
>>143534094
>He told C.S. Lewis to stop giving him drafts of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe to read because he thought the inclusion of father Christmas was cringy.

I mean, it is. Santa shows up and just hands out magical powerups completely unprompted, and then fucks off. Its bad storytelling, because the characters didn't have to do anything to earn those gifts and so much of their future adventures hinge on these magical items to solve things for the kids that it just makes it seem a lot of problems could have been solved and a lot of people wouldn't have had to die if Santa just gave people magical artifacts more often. Any future problem in the story only exists as a result of Santa not giving them a gift that fixed that particular thing.
>>
>>143534234
Some people don't need 12 years to write one book John.
>>
>>143526578
whoosh
>>
>>143529465
Holy shit, Gigantic is getting a second chance at life? First I've heard of it. Now I'm actually kind of excited.
>>
>>143530558
Somehow this song has better lyrics than anything in Wish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8
>>
>>143534422
Yep was stealth announced by Skydance latest last year
>>
>>143526426
Pete Doctor is an agenda pushing activist? Because he made a movie about a black guy who dies in the inner city and plays funky jazz music?
>>
>>143535271
Disney should seriously buy Skydance Animation to get those boys back making classics for them.
>>
>>143526381
>make the lead yet another insufferable black woman
>she's portrayed as right even thought she's clearly wrong
>no catchy music numbers

It's a mystery
>>
the attempt at trying to make a disney animated movie cinematic universe was beyond pathetic
>>
>>143534422
>Now I'm actually kind of excited.
I'm sure you are sexually excited, since the only people interested in that movie are pedos with a giantess fetish.
>>
>>143536125
It's not impossible, but Wish went about it completely wrong with all the stupid Easter Eggs like the deer named Bambi.
>>
>>143526381
Shitty villain
Honestly every villain these days is a massive nothingburger
>>
>>143536668
I dunno, it's pretty ballsy for Disney to make the villain an adorkable Black Latina teenager.
>>
>>143526605
But their previous flops have never been quite as spectacular. A lot of those films would later become cult-classics or general sleeper hits. Treasure Planet, Rescuers Down Under, The Black Cauldron. Just about their only pre-2020s theatrical animated films that were complete and total flops to my knowledge were The Black Cauldron(which does have its fans regardless), Home on the Range, and The Good Dinosaur. Black Cauldron and Good Dinosaur average around a 6/10 review wise, Home on the Range is probably the biggest stinker(in terms of ratings) just barely coming out to a 5/10. Not to mention The Good Dinosaur came out in the same year as three majorly successful movies from Disney, including its fellow Pixar flick Inside Out, so I don't think the financial loss was crippling in the end.
>>
>>143535302
Not as long as Lasseter is at the helm. But we'll see how the films turn out in the first place. Hopefully they're good.

If we get a second Dreamworks/Don Bluth situation where Disney vets manage to make full Disney-quality if not better films than what Disney is making it'd be really cool.
>>
>>143526381
because the major elephant in the room remains after 25 years: CG <<<<<<< Hand-drawn

There were a couple pixars that almost captured the magic of the classics but it has been completely lost on the CG crap.
>>
>>143537217
Not to mention, even the movies that weren't so beloved were at least able to make some serious money. Bolt may not be the most fondly regarded film but it was a commercial success and had an Academy Award nomination and *two* Golden Globe nominations.
Remember Planes?? Y'know, the Cars spinoff that makes Cars 2 look like a masterpiece?? Planes wasn't even meant to be a theatrical release at first, and it's not really a well liked movie, but it was BAFFLINGLY successful financially- even its sequel did really well relative to its budget.
>>
>>143537495
The boring-looking blobby CGI shit is a million times cheaper though, which is why we're never going to get any decent 2d hand-drawn stuff (or even something that mimics the style) from a major studio again.
>>
>>143537548
no 100%. You could just tell when they hard announced they were never going back to drawn, the plan was to drown out the beatiful memory of it, so all gen z and younger know is CG so they dont know any better. Fucked strategy, but I guess its all about the money at the end of the day.
>>
test
>>
>>143526389
Dude I don't what you want us too say. Disney used too be good at one point. For many (seriously, many) years. If Disney were always like this then nobody would be this upset about the state of there films/products in general.
>>
Why was this movie so shit? And not even the "yeah it's shit but I can see a good concept underneath it". Just straight-up shit.

And this is twice in a row WDAS just assumes everyone sides with the protagonist. The town just completely turns against the king rather than having a split population of for and against. Just like in Strange World, where the entire city just agrees to give up their modern convenience and get sent back to the stone ages, simply because their power source was killing the turtle or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>143526381
No movie should be designed to be an advertisement for itself.
>>
>>143534234
>You can't just have Santa showing up handing out plot devices! Anyways, so at the last moment Frodo is overcome by the power of the One Ring and place it on his finger but it's okay because immediately after Gollum runs up, bites off Frodo's finger, then falls into the lava.
>>
>>143539187
Supposedly, Treebeard was somewhat based on Lewis.
Treebeard being a character who takes a long time to say anything and has forgotten what women look like.
>>
>>143538880
Wish managed to fail at being an advertisement for Disney media and at advocacy.
>>
>>143534094
I once read that Tolkien's reason for writing Lord of the Rings was to shut up Lewis' claim that you can't make epic an epic story without Christian symbolims and stuff. Not sure if true.

Also, it seems Tolkien was good friends with Lewis, so all their discussions were always in playful banter, I think.
>>
hey guys heads up, a new Wish Review just dropped.
https://youtu.be/kOIJPprv_FE?si=D_atINfpaNrs12KK
>>
>>143533368
Tolkien had horrible taste in general. What is with this mentality /co/ autists have where you think a well respected creator has the objective view on literally EVERYTHING?
>>
>>143526389
Fpbp
>>
>>143526426
>for stealing from the public domain
moron
>>
>>143540167
This
>>
>>143540167
They need a stick to beat Disney with
>>
>>143526651
>Why are diversity hires so detrimental to artistic expression and entertainment?
Because even among groups with identical distributions, which I promise they are not, it still limits your hiring pool. If you need 10 people, you can hire the top 10 people of 100 applicants, or the top 10 of 20 applicants.

This too,
>>143530667
>Because diversity is ALSO a tool for corruption and nepotism very often,
More and more they're looking for people who toe the line and say the right words, rather than people who do the job.
>>
>>143527469
I know I’m responding to this post a whole ass day later but that tumblr post is actually really interesting. I think Lee has a similar background to Moore. Lee was a nobody until she was brought onto Wreck-it Ralph by Phil Johnston. And Phil Johnston himself had some writing credits, but nothing really impressive until he wrote Wreck-it Ralph. So, I guess, it’s just nobody writers getting big, then bringing their nobody writer friends along with them. Maybe that’s normal? I’m not that in industry. But whatever it is, it blew up in their face this time.
>>
File: poster.jpg (266 KB, 1200x600)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR
So that was a fucking lie.
>>
>>143526437
Elio looks amusing.
>emasculated beta
...They're like fucking 10?
>>
>>143528088
No because they didn't make a profit on their purchase of Star Wars until the Mandalorian came out and then they immediately drove the property into the red again not long after. They blew so much money buying it that the profits, slim as they were, from everything they made coulding match that + production costs for the longest time and the IP is currently barely managing to sometimes pull it's head above water with the only thinks making money being the tabletop shit which is niche as fuck and the MMO they have had zero say in and input in that just kinda ignores the fact that Legends doesn't exist anymore.

Disney has been bleeding money from literally every fucking orifice for years now. Their animation has been tanking, their parks got gutted by covid and the economy+politics, Marvel is choking to death both in film and in actual comics, Star Wars is essentially dead and struggling to make any profits. Unironically a decade more of this and Disney might actually die, they've been eating so many costs trying retarded shit that keeps failing that it's burning through their war chest like fucking crazy and it's only how large that stockpile is and the sheer fucking amount of merchandising and the number of investors they have that have kept them alive this long
>>
>>143526695
Food is universally understood.
>>
>>143528023
> and are too prideful to push themselves to learn how to draw
Aren’t you all in on AI slop these days?
>>
>>143541504
Fuck no, WDAS is literally the heart of the entire company. They're the only studio they have that's capable of putting out evergreen IPs they can potentially milk for DECADES. Some of the highest grossing media franchises of all time came directly from them. It wouldn't just be foolish to can them, it would be downright suicidal.

At worst, they can sell off their other studios, but without WDAS the company wouldn't even function at that point.
>>
>>143526695
>>143527576
Tell me why food analogies are any less valid than any other form of analogy. Go on, tell me, you dumb fucking gorilla nignogs.
>>
>>143541330
>I’m responding to this post a whole ass day later
Does anyone else remember when 4chan would make fun of you if you responded to a post that was posted hours ago?
>>
Creative industries are filling up with nepo babies who lack skills and motivation.
>>
>>143526381
>Wasn't this supposed to be their 100th anniversary?

And that was probably the biggest problem. It was too important, so it got overmanaged, overthought, and entirely up its own ass as it tried to be a celebration of Disney and An Important Story With Something to Tell.
They started with a goal for what kind of movie they wanted, what kind of feelings they wanted from the audience, and worked backwards from there. Not a good approach.
>>
>>143541728
>I know I’m responding to this post a whole ass day later but
>I know
>but
I know that it’s cringe. I acknowledged that. I did it anyway. Can you read?
>>
>>143541330
Just some kind of nepotism I guess. The moment they get in on a well paying job they're trying to set up friends who have no business being there, instead of looking for qualified people. That tumblr post does a pretty nice job of pointing out the absurdity of it.
>>
>>143541503
Disney has never recouped what it spent on star wars. Don't know how you think otherwise. The movies didn't make the 4 billion back, not through profits and even if revenues were greater than cost by 4 billion, you have to remember they only get a fraction of every ticket sale, so it's a lot less than that. Toy sales tanked so bad, Toys r Us went out of business and Hasbro is floundering. Aside from that, almost half of the purchase was giving disney stock to Lucas, which is worth twice that much now, so that's ANOTHER 4 billion worth in Lucas' pocket that they are behind.
>>
>>143542127
I wasn't making fun of you. I was just wondering if people remembered that. It was like some unwritten rule that just went away.
>>
>>143530560
>Del Toro Pinocchio
>deep

Lmao
>>
File: Turtles.jpg (242 KB, 988x1500)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>143542242
>Hasbro is floundering.

Hasbro is also suffering for DIFFERENT reasons. In general toy sales are dead especially now. I don't see a future for stuff like Transformers. And My Little Pony's final hurrah was gen four when it comes to toy sales that was lightning in a bottle. That fame and popularity and memes are never going to return. What's Hasbro going to do? They really are fucked.

And other franchises that rely on toy sales like Ninja Turtles they are fucked as well.
>>
>>143541503
I'm still baffled at how mismanaged that IP is. It takes talent and effort to ruin one of the most recognisable franchises in modern culture.

I'm not a Star Wars fan and only played 2000s vidya like KOTOR, Republic commando or Jedi academy games, but there were books, right?
Couldn't they just adapt some of them and rake in money?
>>
>>143542486
They also squandered Dungeons and Dragons and ran Magic the Gathering into the ground.
>>
>>143542541
Helps when the one in charge is just a jealous bent given way too many chances and was never fit for anything more than fetching coffee.
>>
>This bitch is gonna lose more money than my movie 3 times over.
>>
>>143542592
Is that Lambert the Sheepish Lion? I loved that short.
>>
>>143542592
>they put the two flops next to each other
lol
lmao even
>>
>>143541503
>>143542541
I still think it's due to them fucking up the fight scenes
Say whatever you want about the Prequel times but there was Filoni series, comics, Revenge of the Sith and the games all with awesome choreography, there was nothing in the west that looked as cool in motion, Kids liked Star Wars as much as anime.
The slow fight is boring and each movie of the original trilogy already had the battles looking more and more superhuman, Luke was basically Spider-Man in return of the Jedi.
>>
File: 1556509400540.jpg (168 KB, 780x440)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>143526381
>Wish criticism thread
>nothing but jew conspiracies and THE WOKE
Geeze, and here I thought the problem was disney corporate filing any edges off the film into a safe, widely appealing cookie-cutter flick with endless references and songs composed by a person that's only done pop songs
>>
File: wish is good.png (1.59 MB, 740x1209)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>
File: vfx-snow-white.jpg (3.43 MB, 2216x7412)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB JPG
>>143542728
>I thought the problem was disney corporate filing any edges off the film into a safe, widely appealing cookie-cutter flick
So it's exactly like most Disney films since 1950?
>>
>>143542728
>I thought the problem was disney corporate filing any edges off the film into a safe, widely appealing cookie-cutter flick
Wish isn't that, though. If it was safe and widely appealing it would've done Mario movie numbers, because that's what Mario movie was: a safe, inoffensive movie that contained references and cameos to a corporation's biggest IPs. Disney probably has more beloved, nostalgic movie titles than anyone else on earth so this should've been a slam dunk. Instead they produced a phenomenal box office bomb.
>>
>>143542200
In Disney's defense, who could they have hired? All the old talent who made their best stuff are likely long gone. Dead or retired. Disney only makes strictly family friendly films so that heavily restricts their hiring pool if they only hire people with experience on those kinds of projects. I can think of maybe 2 people on earth qualified to write the next Disney family movie with the restrictions of "must be an established name in the industry" and "has worked in family friendly animation for years".
>>
>>143539187
Oh, you mean that thing that could only happen because Frodo chose to spare Gollum? In other words, the result of an ongoing choice made by the character regarding a moral dilemma.
>>
>>143526426
You are in your 20's and never lived through a time when a Disney animated feature was something worth going to the theatre for.
>>
When is Snow White and the magic bandits coming out, or did it get scrapped for another 5 years?
>>
>>143542958
Wish was inoffensive... to the politically-correct crowd. But that meant forgoing all the "sure bet" tropes like a whirlwind romance and a fun villain.
>>
>>143542749
>The Autistic Artist
>Thinks the hate towards Wish is "forced" and likes the movie and songs

Always avoid people who proudly wear their autism/mental disorders on their sleeve.
>>
>>143541383
yes elio will be a they
>>
Realistically how much more would it have sold if she was some kind of composite of all the european disney princesses or she was an elsapunzelcinderella clone. Im guessing around 200-300m more
>>
>>143544595
The story sucks. No character could salvage that story.
>>
>>143530667

Women were more capable when men were actively sexist towards them. Now they're just as mediocre as the men they despise.
>>
>>143526499
>award nominations
How the fuck did this piece of crap get nominated for anthing at all?
>>
>>143544774
That's how it should be. Women suck just as much as men and only a handful of women and men are actually capable.
>>
As you can see from the rest of their recent output, the talent, the genius, the resources, whatever, ain't there anymore. The hitmakers and showmen are gone.
>>
>>143528112
it's arguably supposed to be about how no one has a right to decide what wishes are granted and that people should strive to grant their own wishes
but they fumble the message so hard that what you said is the takeaway most people got
>>
>>143545324
I mean, when you go from all the wishmaking power held by one person to all the wishmaking power held by another person, nothing has fundamentally changed.

Telling stories about how society needs to change to family audiences is a recipe for failure.
>>
>>143539187
Gollum was stalking them through Mordor the entire time and this was established in the scene before they even enter Mount Doom. He was also with them constantly up to Shelob's lair. Gollum doesn't just come out of nowhere and bite Frodo's finger off, it's following things previously established by the story.
>>
>>143527605
anon you have adblock installed and don't watch television, what do you want them to spend their marketing budget on to reach (you)
>>
>>143534094
>He also hated Americans on principle.

Based Tolkien!
>>
>>143526426
>stealing from the public domain or licensed stories
you are a fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>143526426
You can't steal from the public domain retard.
>>
>>143544808
$$$
>>
>>143535232
ai uon ciu no
>>
>>143545766
>>143545771
the disneyshill becomes enraged when you point out they didn't actually create anything they're famous for
>>
>>143542728
Low quality bait
>>
>>143544595
>>143544663

I think more people give it a chance...and word of mouth still completely sinks it. Maybe 5-10 percent better, most of that being merch.

She doesn't even get a princess dress.

Really it's pretty much a full spectrum failure. Not JUST the writing. Character desing animation. Story. Music.
>>
>>143537548
>The boring-looking blobby CGI shit is a million times cheaper though
Wish cost $30M more than Top Gun Maverick, somehow.
>>
>>143542541
>but there were books, right?
>Couldn't they just adapt some of them and rake in money?
there were hundreds of books, but zero good books
>>
>>143546747
character design is horrid and soulles, Asha is supposed to be a quirky goofy girl but she looks like a standard african chick with sass. Rapunzel was beautiful but she didn't just act quirky, she looked weird with her long hair and juvenile face, same can be said for Anna to a lesser extent while Mirable is the best example of this. Asha has nothing distinctive about her, she's very unremarkable with her straight braided hair...I saw artists doing better redesigns of her on YT. Goat also looked better in the beta version and, most importantly, didn't talk, easily the worst character of the movie, and the worst mascot in a Disney movie. Asha's friends look like NPCs.

Magnifico is the only design (and character) with some charm
>>
>>143526578
American post
>>
>>143545637
Send me a flyer in the mail. Is that so hard?
>>
File: F_j8wrEXYAAPyNX.jpg (73 KB, 591x680)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
now THIS would've fitted Asha a lot more, made her relatable and cute as the first afro princess
>>
>>143543038
literally anybody who worked on a kid's cartoon or wrote a children's book or comic is more qualified than any random director who's never worked on any kid's content.
anyone who's designed a successful children's toy and knows what aesthetics kids go for.
the talent pool is HUGE.
>>
>>143544808
ever since the oscars decided to separate animated films to their own category when an animated film almost won best picture. can't have those kiddie cartoons making us look less serious and pretentious, you know.
>>
>>143543038
there are quite literally hundreds of people who write for children’s animation, either for film or tv. storyboard artists who dream of pitching their ideas, that’s how fawn whatshername got to move her way up and make her directorial debut. no one said they had to be established name just that they’ve worked on children’s media in any capacity.
>>
>>143546166
Mainstream color and sound films weren't even 10 years old when they did this >>143542916

The idea that you can just pull an entire animated movie out of your ass one day with zero effort is just completely stupid.
>>
>>143527469
>that update post
She's not cooking
>>
>>143541369
They just needed a phrase that had the word wish in it to advertise the movie and they didn't care if the meaning of the phrase had anything to do with the plot of said movie
>>
>>143533983
Gen Z is writing Disney movies already?
>>
File: 20240425_201711.jpg (477 KB, 715x953)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
Incoming screencaps from a Wish thread last month from an anon claiming to have worked on it. Up to you whether you believe it but a lot lines up with stuff we have since learned.
>>
File: 20240425_201738.jpg (152 KB, 720x292)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>143548211
>>
File: 20240425_201754.jpg (153 KB, 716x272)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>143548235
>>
File: 20240425_211936.jpg (516 KB, 720x1118)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
>>143548257
>>
File: 20240425_211955.jpg (383 KB, 720x816)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
>>143548272
>>
>>143548284
>disney really is creative still it's just the people in charge that sucks
The rot of Disney extends all the way down the chain.
>>
>>143530667
Lower pay more likely
>>
>>143548392
I'm sure there are a few earnest creatives among the grunt workers.
>>
>>143548211
Alan Menken is doing the next film for Skydance Animation, really looking forward to that.
>>
>>143539187
This happening isn't the deus ex machina part of that scene. It's Middle Earth God literally intervening at the last possible moment and making Gollum trip and fall into the lava that's the problem. God literally intervenes for the first and last time in the story in this scene, which begs the usual questions of why didn't God intervene sooner and avoid all the death and destruction, etc.
>>
>>143550171
It's like Skydance is going to be Disney in everything but name. Disney really ought to buy the whole damn animation studio.
>>
>>143546944
if they weren't good books, they wouldn't have made hundreds of them.
>>
File: Tiana-frog-720x340.jpg (24 KB, 720x340)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>143547327
>the first afro princess
(clears throat)
>>
>>143542958
>Comparing a new original disney film to fucking Mario
Come on, Mario was going to make bank on just the novelty of itself.
>>
>>143552087
Afro princess as in princess with an Afro.

Afros are underrated and as cute as hell. Box braids are disgusting and tedious.
>>
>>143548095
that was happening long before gen z
>>
>>143548211
makes sense. Woke disney can't have a love story, because they don't want girls to show girls falling love, they want to show girls "don't need no man" and they can't have a villain queen because they can't show women being the bad guy. They must always be virtuous mary-sues who don't need no man. And then they wonder why nobody likes it? Disney is stupid.
>>
>>143552118
who the fuck cares about a hairstyle?
>>
>>143552382
Girls, the main demographic for Disney Princess movies.
>>
>>143526651
Real answer: diversity and merit are completely incapable. If you hire for one you have to forgo the other. People hired through diversity initiatives are not also be hired due to merit. So you get those who are mediocre flooding in.
>>
The people who push for diversity are willing to sacrifice quality in the process. They don't want "the best". They think they're already "the best" by being diverse and espousing woke values.
>>
>>143550688
The last time he caused the "sinking of Atlantis"
>>
>>143526426

Well, aren't you original.

>Thing was good for literal YEARS
>Everyone loves that thing
>Thing goes bad
>"Well, actually, it was never good too begin with *snort*!

Sorry that you were never around back when Disney was good.

Oh, and....

>stealing from the public domain

I don't care how many people say this. Your actually mentally challenged.
>>
>>143552382
The gay adults who still watch Disney shit
>>
>>143526578
Jennifer Lee made Frozen 2 and Ralph Breaks the Internet. I knew this movie would be dogshit the second I knew her name was attached. She wrote Asha EXACTLY like Anna and I feel like people ITT arent addressing this fact and that she’s a hack writer>>143526651
>>
>>143551927
>>143550171
Skydance already released their first movie and it sucked ass.
>>
>>143553318
I don't know why there aren't nearly that many people pointing their fingers at Lee. It also sounds like Lee's gonna throw Fawn under the bus for Wish bombing.
>>
>>143555968
>Most people don't think in terms of details to find out who are the individuals responsible for something turning out awful. We are the minority when it comes to this. So as stated most normies are ignorant, morons, and stupid. The most attention an idiot normie will give to something is the name of a company and a famous established brand being utilized to make media out of. But that's it. This is how bad media can still be profitable.

This is literally why mickey isn't liked by anyone. People gravitated towards calling Disney "the house of mouse", or "the mouse" even just simply saying something like "mickey mouse is being racist" or "mickey mouse has gone WOKE?!"

Disney is a text book example of how hiding behind a brand, a name, and even a mascot can get you out of so much shit. Most people (like you said) have no clue Lee or Iger are behind the company's slow rise. It's not THERE fault. Why? It's because it's Disney's fault. It's mickey mouses fault. Not the people who run the this company.
>>
>>143527532
Nope, the MBA is all that matters, knowing too much about art means you won't be as ruthless as businessman and you'll never get the good assignments.
>>
>>143556526
The real problem is that Disney is a conglomerate with a bunch of subsidiaries that don't really have much to do with each other. Take Bob Chapek for example. Lousy CEO, lousy head of parks, fantastic head of retail. It's all trade-offs.
>>
>>143526642
>>143526651
>>143541053
Racial quotas in hiring are against federal law and would open Disney up to massive lawsuits

>>143530667
Why would black women have an easier time passing tests?
>>
>>143552291
Alright but kids never asked for participation trophies, we always knew they were bullshit. Parents came up with them
>>
>>143526381
It's a real fucking shame the writing was so dog shit. Too many cooks spoil the broth, etc etc.
>>
>>143556640
>Racial quotas in hiring are against federal law and would open Disney up to massive lawsuits
In theory yes, but It's all about what you can prove in court, if you can even afford to go to court. A hiring manager can literally be told something so radically drastic like "Listen, we're going to interview a bunch of people but the next one must be Indian." and the applicants that were turned down would never know why they were turned down. A Venn diagram of those who are damaged and would bring suit, and of people who hire along racial and ideological lines, is two circles that don't intersect.
>>
>>143556665
Makes no difference, the parents say "yay you got a ribbon!" and the kid is happy because the parents pretend to be happy. kids will just go along with whatever adults tell them. After a few years of this in school, the brainwashing will have it's inevitable effect.
>>
>>143556698
For real. Even kids could blow holes in it.

>why don't the people know they likely won't get their wish granted, he only does one a month so do the mathematical averages, retards
>why is there 'magic oil' that lets you read the evil book without being corrupted and why did the king not use said oil
>why are there meant to be any stakes when the populace is peaceful and happy
>why are we meant to side with Asha for disrupting the laws of the land, burgling and vandalizing the palace, and igniting the king's PTSD
>why is the queen such a heartless wretch who smugly quips as her husband of 3 decades is sealed for eternity in a mirror
>they say the star doesn't directly grant wishes, but it grants all the animals' and technically assists in granting Asha's
>why are there lyrics and songs leftover from the previous version of the film that no longer make any sense in the new context

And so on. Any competent writer would have raised these points at an early stage.
>>
>>143556640
I was the one who mentioned Disney's push to replace men with women in the animation departments. Look at this page for Wish credits
https://jhmoviecollection.fandom.com/wiki/Wish_(film)/Credits#VISUAL_DEVELOPMENT
They actually did it. Half the "management" type roles are women. I doubted the actual technical jobs like modeling/rigging would be, but even those seem to be about at least a third women, which is CRAZY! There's just not nearly as many women in animation, period, and especially not nearly as many in 3D disciplines. They literally scraped lesser talented people to fill their studio with more women, and likely fired a bunch of guys who have been in 3d/animation for years. Unbelievable.
>>
>>143557324
>>why are we meant to side with Asha for disrupting the laws of the land, burgling and vandalizing the palace, and igniting the king's PTSD

because it was likely written by some lefty radical. They have no sense that what they want is wrong. If they determine you are the bad guy, they feel they are in the right to do whatever they want to you to pursue their virtuous agenda. You see it all the time from radical lefties. You don't share their political opinion? You're a nazi and you deserve to die and anything I do to make your life miserable is justified because I'm on the "right side."
>>
>>143557324
Read the tumblr link I posted here >>143527469
, and the update they added. It explains a lot of this stuff, why the plot is such a mess and why the songs don't seem to make any sense.
>>
>>143557335
To be fair anon I'm sure there are plenty of women that can animate fucking Disney cartoons. If anything I'd consider that a more feminine hobby.
>>
>>143552403
I can assure you that a hairstyle is the last thing the girls need to "identify" with. So because a girl has an afro, it's going to pull in the afro-ed girls audience? And what about girls who don't have afros?
>>
>>143542486
Yeah but star wars was always a brand that sold. It was the one that wasn't just for the kids, but a huge contingent of adult collectors.
>>
>>143557416
Right, that's why so many styling dolls for Barbie and Elsa etc. exist. Little girls don't care about hair.

Retard.
>>
>>143557908
They like to brush their doll's hair. A character having a particular type of hair is not why a girl wants to see a movie.

Retard.
>>
>>143558396
It almost certainly influences their desire to purchase the associated merchandise, which is where Disney musicals make bank.
>>
>>143526381
The movie should have been a love story with the girl & the king, as the queen is secretly the real villain with the aim to steal more wishes for herself

The movie should have explored the consequences if granting all wishes, & not talk about those who won't put the effort to make it yourself through hard work or understand the morality of it
>>
>>143530558
>The hell happened to the lyrics?
They were written with AI. Same with parts of the script.
>>
>>143559142
Proof?
>>
File: crnge.jpg (56 KB, 931x485)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>143526381
Wish was such a monumental disaster in ways I think not even Disney has come to understand just yet. WDAS films had already been on a creative downslope so far this decade, but this was a new low: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tipYzv_tIs
>>
File: cappy baras.jpg (62 KB, 680x672)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>143560430
What went so right for Encanto?
>>
>>143560430
Love seeing this video get posted every Wish thread. What an embarrassment, and what arrogance on their part to think they could force a global phenomenon like that.
>>
>>143560624
Three things.
>songs were good
>animation was gorgeous
>characters were likeable and made sense
Not fucking rocket science.
>>
File: oruguitas.jpg (650 KB, 2048x1389)
650 KB
650 KB JPG
>>143560706
It's gonna take another 5 years to see what WDAS comes up with in response to Encanto's viral success. Expect more directionless slop until then.
>>
>>143526426
Are you Don Bluth, Jeffrey Katzenberg?
>>
>>143560870
>all post movie content still has Isa in her purple dress she actively disliked
This always pisses me off.
>>
>>143560706
You forgot
>Struck oil with the "whimsical animated movie about generational trauma" fad early
>>
>>143542605
Based anon. That short is so fucking kino.
>>
>>143561072
Too bad Turning Red and Strange World killed the concept stone dead not 1 year later.
>>
>>143526426
>Mama?
>Yes sweetie?
>Why does our older brother hate everything?
>Well little one, when you don't give your child enough love and acceptance when there young, they grow up to be cold and bitter reincarnations of wojak memes.
>And now he growed up to share bad takes on 4chan?
>Yes hun...yes.
>>
>>143561195
>the mother knows about wojaks and 4chan
>mentions them irl
>talks about them to his child
To be fair with the son (aka. anon), he could've never made it.
>>
>>143560941
To sell dolls. That's why the kept the dress on.

>>143526426
Hhhmmmm...hmm-uuuh- ah man! I've heard something similar to this before....hmmm...

https://youtu.be/JopWJnpTq4s?si=ZXQVwJzz92T-PKP5

>>143527562
This is true too an extent. I'm not saying all of the post WW2 films were bad (sleeping beauty and Peter Pan are kino) but alot of them started to feel quite unambitious. This is a strange double edge sword however, because of it weren't for the rut Walt was in during most of the 40's, I doubt we would have gotten Disneyland.

>>143527471
You went and watched a Ralph Bakshi movie and expected it to be good?

>>143561297
Zero love and expectance, AND your mother openly compares you to a wojack meme? It was over from the start.
>>
>>143556640
>Why would black women have an easier time passing tests?

Many universities already have different admission GPA requirements based on race and sex. Basically difference in outcome means inequity means racism so people budge the numbers so that you get an equal distribution of every race.

Which means if blacks do worse on tests on average (they do), then you get their grades up so they don't. Which means they have less to do to pass.
>>
>>143560941
Same. I really hope they have the cojones to allow Isabela to flourish with a new design in the inevitable sequel. I'm sure a big reason why Incredibles 2 took place immediately after the first despite the 15-year gap was because those designs were already iconic and easily marketable. Wouldn't feel right for Isa, though.
>>
>>143556941
It's because nobody with money has done it yet. That's the entire reason, because Disney's lawyers (as well as every company who does this) will be fighting tooth and nail to run the guy putting them to court out of money. With hearings and depositions and commission and whatever shit they do in California to prolong legal proceedings. You wouldn't have the money to do it.

If it actually reaches a judge you can still get a guilty verdict, because the Civil Rights Act, yes the one from 1969, says you can sue for even PERCEIVED racist behavior, without having to prove racist intent. Read the law if you don't believe me.
>>
>>143558396
You were never a little girl and you have no daughter. You don't know anything. You are completely wrong.
>>
File: teensquadgoals.png (1.57 MB, 1500x1500)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>143560699
It tells you a lot about how delusional Disney's become lately. That same mindset is what allowed Sony and DreamWorks to show them out these last couple years.
>>
Should every company be 70% white and 30% Asian (Han and Japanese)? Would everything improve?
>>
File: best girls.jpg (116 KB, 875x1125)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>143560430
We can always count on Pixar at least
>>
>>143562268
Why is Envy a cute wholesome happy thing. It should looke like a seething bitch, Envy is not a good feeling.
>>
>>143562340
She probably goes suddenly crazy like Unikitty.
>>
>>143562562
Hhhot.
>>
>>143526381
Too polarizing of a lead. Little girls aren't going to want to dress up like that. White and mexican girls aren't going to want their hair down in that style. She isn't even dressed cool. She's wearing like what a poorly made doll would fucking wear. Looking like a fucking pilgrim peasant wife and shit. Boring ass bitch.
>>
>>143548284
>Unironic "Stop liking evil women" mandate scrapped the villain couple aspect.

Holy shit that's bad.
>>
>>143561717
You're the idiot who thinks a girl gets excited to see a movie because of a girls hairstyle. Maybe when the movie is about Rapunzel and the hair is part of the story, but otherwise... no. You are completely idiotic.
>>
>>143558640
>It almost certainly influences their desire to purchase the associated merchandise

... if they've seen the movie. If the movie is a flop, the toy sales will not be nearly as big.
>>
If there's an upside to Wish's spectacular failure, it's gonna force Disney to rethink everything so they can work their way out of the doldrums like Black Cauldron and Home on the Range
>>
>>143526381
Story has nothing to fucking tell.
>Things are going swell
>young ignorant woman ruins absolutely everything
>gets rewarded for it, has no internal conflict about her actions, just plunges ahead recklessly and is rewarded time and time again
Men actively recoil at Wish. It has all of the worse tenets of Girl Power brazenly presented with it and that shit doesn't make for a pleasant viewing experience.
>>
>>143563954
Pixar can't save them this time.
>>
File: 2020s Disney Animation.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>143563954
I sure hope so cuz this is just depressing...
>>
>>143527365
>The reason the masses aren't watching disney is BECAUSE they are appealing to a niche audience,
They need to stop having gay intangible horseshit that girls like like "generational trauma" as a fucking antagonist. CLEAR CUT villains and heroes and only heterosexual love interests. Stop muddying the fucking waters. No one wants to see gay shit but faggots and women and you don't let them run the reins if you want to profit.
>>
>>143563954
They just announced more sequels nobody asked for.
They learned the wrong lesson.
>>
>>143527008
Never fucking will be at this rate. Tiana was boring trash.
>muh hard work
>work work work
>muh discipline, muh work ethic
Bitch forgot to be fun, charming, light-hearted, romantic and cool. Princess & The Frog had nothing for boys in it. Of course it was going to eat shit at the Box Office. No one thinks about Pocahontas aside of colonizer memes and she isn't black anyway but black people will be so desperate for representation that they'll glom onto and claim nearly any dark-skinned animated character as "black". Not that I can blame them in this instance because Tiana is so fucking BORING. Moana is way more interesting and does more things and she has the fucking Rock with her. Esmerelda is a beautiful gypsy who can captivate and enchant anyone with her dazzling spirit, grace, beauty and kindheartedness. Tiana turns into a poorly designed frog for the majority of the film. First black Disney princess isn't even fucking visible for most of it. Hooray.

Shitty fucking movie. Good for general girl power and motivations I guess. As in the "don't let boys lead you astray, stay focused on your goals" narrative. Beyond that what more does a kid movie need? Kids can get the message. Even if it isn't all that entertaining of a package its delivered in. And by that I mean girls. Boys will likely tune the fuck out of this. It isn't like Prince Naveen will do anything cool to keep them captivated or invested.
>>
>>143564167
Announcing more sequels is their backup plan for Wish failing so badly. They really did learn nothing (and it probably will make up for Wish anyways because sequels are almost always a guaranteed profit by merely riding off the fame of previous installments)
>>
File: 1407544766822.jpg (133 KB, 1440x1080)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>143564041
>preceded by Frozen II and fucking Ralph Breaks the Internet
Disney Animation's been shit for nearly a decade now barring Encanto
>>
>>143561376
>inevitable sequel
That won't be happening. Not unless it's like an animated spinoff.
>>
>>143530455
The main character of Wish whose name I can't be bothered to learn wears an ugly, drab dress in a color that's supposed to remind the viewer of Tangled. Poor man's Rapunzel indeed.
>>
>>143547327
Nah. Girls wouldn't want to dress up or cosplay as hat. This is a nice design for a side character or someone who isn't going to take up much screen. But for a primary protagonist? Nah. Gotta have something that can walk around the park without having the hair get fucked by the wind. A afro would be a poor choice as well because little girls of other ethnicities wouldn't want to cosplay that shit.
>>
File: amazinga.jpg (62 KB, 640x686)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>143564811
Disney's getting desperate, anon. They'll rework an Encanto series into a sequel movie if they have to
>>
>>143564811
Why not? It's their only hit in almost a decade.
>>
>>143562268
really uninterested in this. The first was meh, and this looks even worse. Make something original.
>>
>>143564041
zoo2pia might be good
>>
>>143564041
This is the bleakest shit I've ever seen. Walt would be shitting himself right now.
>>
>>143565131
Bro nobody liked your opinion. Fuck off.
>>
>>143526426
>They are famous for stealing from the public domain
I hate when people say something so stupid I need to defend a fucking corporation.

You can't STEAL from the public domain you god damn retard. It literally exists as a free resource anyone can pull shit from without infringing copyrights.
You can make all the arguements you want for how they choose to gatekeep their versions of those public domain works, but the act of using them is just as fair for Disney as it is you, me, and everyone we know.

An arguement can also be made for the double edge sword that is recognition of IPs. Without Disney's bastardized family friendly versions of things, how many of those public domain works would even be relevent today?
>>
>>143526426
This is mostly correct. Most Disney movies are corporate manufactured garbage. There are maybe ten animated Disney films that are worth showing a child and even fewer as an adult. And yes that does include the Disney renaissance. Pixar carried Disney through the late 90s and 2000s by strong writing while they were also at the forefront of technological invocations in 3D animation. In large part it is because of long standing Disney ideology and western thought about animation in general viewing it as geared toward children and thus "lesser."
>>
>>143565931
>Most Disney movies are corporate manufactured garbage.

Congratulations genius, you just described everything that comes out of Hollywood! I now give you the "big boy, big brain" award!!!

No one has ever needed to pretend that Disney was always good you boy toy fucking faggot. Just like every other studio around them at the time, they were one of the leading pioneers in animation. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have most of the animated shit we have now (and that includes stuff like Pixar and anime.) There animation used to be some of the best in the industry. Pixar's innovations in 3D technology only served to make most modern movies look bland, hollow, and dull. Cuz i just love to look at every new animated movie that comes out now, that looks like a shitty sudo realistic tech demo. Plus, most Disney movies up until the ressisnance aren't soulless corpo slop. Your just a shitty contrarian who doesn't like anything popular.you can say whatever the fuck you want about modern Disney, but this whole "ThEy WeRe NeVeR GoOOoOooOod!!" Spiel is so dramatically overplayed.
>>
>>143526735
>>143526740
>be Disney
>experiment on merging 2D and 3D with Paperman
>forget about it because market research or some such faggotry
>beaten to the punch by fucking Sony and League of Legends
Sure hope the Frozen snow tech was worth it fuckinnnnnnnn a
>>
>>143526381
Was AI written so...
>>
If they wanted to celebrate 100 years of Disney [SPOILER]They should have made the Kingdom Hearts movie/tv show [/spoiler] Would have allowed them to show off various Disney properties, while also utilizing a property people were familiar with
>>
>>143562268
I want to have mating sex with Disgust
>>
>>143526381
Was it really necessary?
>>
File: Don Bluth.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>143526426
t. Don Bluth
>>
>>143526651
They're cheap to hire and are worth a bunch of ESG points.
>>
>>143526657
It's because their religion is faggots and niggers, and despite all the media pushing that shit people don't want it. You put a pretty blonde white girl who isn't a weird homo in something, shit makes a fucking billion dollars. We all saw the video of the executive who cut her sons dicks off, there's no coming back from that
>>
>>143526608
The original story of cinderella was about the prince liking her because she had strength and character from all the hard work she had to do for her stepfamily and found all the spoiled bratty girls to be boring. The moral was hard work would give a woman qualities that men would find appealing. Disney changed it to "a fairy god mother gives her a makeover and then all the boys loved her"

Disney removed the dark stuff like the sisters mutilating their feet to fit them into the shoe, but they also remove the moral content of the stories.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.