[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I just finished reading this comic and couldn't get a few things:

Why is the deceased father called "farmer of rocks"? Do plants on that planet grow as rocks?.

Why did Supergirl enter that giant door at that grimm-looking planet? It seemed like she could gather some information there.

Who are the pykkt? I know they appear on another unrelated comic but there are no pictures of them on google and didn't want to look at those comics.

Why did the writter referenced non-existent books or people with no previous context in this story? Is it for worldbuilding or something?.
>>
Btw I really liked the writting of this story but didn't like the morals/spiritual aspect of it. It was a challenge to read due to the use of a more complex form of english but still managed to learn more of this language through it.
The art is cool, the little girl, whom I guess I can say is the protagonist of the story, is endearing. Didn't like the ending, tho. That kind of ending reminds me of the type of morality that people in charge of these comics (and to an extent, the whole superhero industry) have: It's like they know deep in their hearts that they must forgive (while simultaneously providing justice) because is the right thing to do, BUT they still decide to deliver some sort revengeful act to feel good with themselves, in small or big amounts.
Anyway, the rest of comic was very enjoyable, tho I wish the storytelling was a bit different, like, they could have shown us just a little bit of what the villain did on each planet it visited besides implied murder. The time it was shown jailed but collaborating with that alien goverment to plan a genocide was a good way to tell us how bad and smart he is, but then, for whatever reason, he later randomly knows "magic" and has two of those spheres that can teleport Supergirl.
As for supergirl herself I can write like a whole essay of who she is and what she believes on based on this comic alone, but I will just say that she isn't perfect (as in morally perfect), but at least I get to know her better and why she is the way she is.

I gib this comic a 8/10
>>
Bump
>>
>>144270748
read the original, its called TRUE GRIT, if you want a good story.
>>
>>144270748
>>144270755
This comic is garbage.
>>
>>144272749
The art is nice even if the story is derivative.
>>
>>144270748
I read it because I heard it was supposed to be what the movie is based on and I have to be honest I really disliked it. Been a while since I read anything from DC and it made me regret the time I wasted.

Why does anyone think this is a a good comic? Feels like a crappy indie book in cosplay.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.