[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey yall, I've been thinking of starting a commercial vent hood cleaning business with a couple buddies being that we all have restaurant experience. I'm already thinking of chemical costs and basic shit like scrapers/ an LLC, any suggestions or tips about anything I'm not considering?
General diy business thread if nothing else
>>
I think it's a good idea, but too specific. You may not get enough jobs. Do grills and stove tops and ovens as well.

You make that a business and you will do really well.

Wear gloves and a mask, those chemical companies don't play
>>
>>2791684
If you have experience in sure you already know this, but be ready to work third shift a decent amount. I'm also assuming that you're planning on using a steam cleaner? It's a rough life, man. Make sure all of you are equal owners, because of the three of you, at least one will say fuck it right as you're about to score a decent contract.
>>
>>2791684
Do grease trap cleaning while you're at it.
>>
Its a shitty job and you need fire certifications to actually get hired. Need an expensive steam pressure washer too. Youll want a fire suppression tech on payroll too.
>>
>>2791684
>I'm already thinking of chemical costs and basic shit like scrapers/ an LLC,
wow you're thinking of chemicals, scrapers, and whether or not to form an llc? sounds like you got it all figured out, champ.
>>
>>2791741
Thanks bro, most helpful post itt
>>2791692
>>2791694
>>2791709
>>2791732
Nonhelpful people
>>
>>2792042
Leave it to an entitled zoomer to think everyone on an image board should treat OP like they're being paid for their advice.
>>
>>2792072
Pretty sure that's not OP. OP was a troll that left as soon as the thread was made, now he's sitting back and checking maybe once a day to see how many (You)'s he's accrued.
>>
This seems like it would be more of a service that professional cleaning companies offer than a specific business. Might be enough of a market to not go broke in the world's most massive cities at best.
>>
>>2792081
The grease buildup in a restaurant exhaust system in six months is not something that a typical professional cleaning company will want to deal with, not at a price that a restaurant owner will pay anyway. It's more specific than you'd think. Very dirty, not fun, hours suck, coworkers are generally questionable at best... Rough job.
>>
>>2791684
My bro made a mint with his steam jennie doing restaurant work. It helped fund his coin store.
>>
>>2792121
These are the industry standard in the US for portable steam cleaning:

https://www.steamjenny.com/history.html
>>
File: file.png (830 KB, 1920x1280)
830 KB
830 KB PNG
I'm thinking of making cables with a couple buddies being that we all have connection experience. I'm already thinking of connector costs and basic shit like wires/shrink tube/ an LLC, any suggestions or tips about anything I'm not considering?
General diy business thread if nothing else
>>
>>2792832
What KIND of cables to what specs?
>>
>>2792853
Just cables. Specs don't matter because there's going to be lots of different kinds.
>>
>>2792884
So go for it and post results.
>>
>>2792884
Good luck with getting beat on price every time by indians and the chinese, who can source materials far cheaper and pay $0.10-1.00/hr for labor for shit like this.
>>
>>2792884
>Specs don't matter because there's going to be lots of different kinds.
how does this make sense.
>>
>>2792042
I was helpful you retard
>>
>>2793255
Specs aren't the point. The point is that I'm thinking of wires, shrink tube, and whether or not to form an LLC.
YOU ARE NOT BEING HELPFUL WHY WILL YOU NOT HELP ME THIS IS A SERIOUS POST
>>
>>2791684
Check and make sure that it isn't part of the HVAC trade, some jurisdictions leave cleaning of exhaust equipment that is not your own entirely to HVAC businesses.
>>
>>2791684
Family business for decades. Lots of sheet plastic and clothespins, 50 gallon drum shop vac, hardcore caustic degreasers, powerful heated pressure washer, ladder for roof access... gotta clean all the way up. Don't do chinese restaurants... the grease is like tar. Have to heat it and cut it and scrape it up. Working the night shift.
>>
>>2793500
You aren't getting help because you don't really want help, you want affirmation for an unformed idea with no business model.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.