[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GQ0723_Gosling_07.jpg (814 KB, 1600x1999)
814 KB
814 KB JPG
I'm undecided between buying the classic 511 Levis or ripped jeans. I'm looking for jeans, slim fit. Colors: dark and light blue and black.
>>
>>18092913
>brand with the worst quality control
>impractical fit
>already wrecked by being "ripped" by some guatemalan with a sandblaster
>>
>>18092947
Raccomand me some good jeans brand which delivers in Europe
>>
>>18092960
Gap/banana republic
Ll bean
Wrangler
>>
>>18093212
Are those really better than Levi?
>>
>>18095000
i swear i made a post in here asking if wrangler was actually better than levi this weekend...but it looks like it didn't post? weird shit.
>>
>>18095000
>>18095014
Wrangler(not Walmart tier) has 100% cotton so it handles abrasion better than Levi. I never had an issue with stitching for both brands.
>>
>>18095184
gotcha, thanks. i already buy the 100% cotton 501s so i guess i wouldn't be upgrading much
>>
You probably don't care as a euro fag, but you did post a cowboy.
Levi are gun control faggots. They are skating on a name.
>Ripped
If you want that look, do it yourself. Take your time like a bonsai tree. Take your frame into consideration. If you're trying to get laid, you can get a much more sensual cut than what they'd sell in the stores. This works better for women, but maybe you're a literal homo, so if that's the case, dick tease away.
>>
Also, consider resale shops. If you're going for distressed, it's half done. You know how well there going to hold out, it's cheaper and you don't have to feel as bad if you fuck up the boypussy tease holes.
>>
>>18095184
I should also mention I've had several pairs of wrangler I got from resale shops for work. I've never once found Levi's. What does that tell you?
>>
File: 1702830617058746.jpg (63 KB, 1000x600)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>18095014
i saw your other post and answered your question.
tl;dr wranglers wins for fit and quality. levi's wins for good fades.

>wranglers that much better than all cotton 501s?
wranglers for me, but i think the fit is most important which depends on your body type. here's the rundown on the differences though:

fit: 13mwz is better. it hasn't been changed for 70yrs its effectively a heritage cut. levi's changes how the non lvc 501's fit every few years and i don't think the current 501 cut can compare. the lvc versions of the 501 have a very good fit on par with the wranglers but they're over 10x the price. note: the fit on 13mwz's is meant for boots. i wear them with sneakers a lot but they might not look as good with slimmer sneaker silhouettes.

fabric: 13mwz is better. the 501s use a really generic/standard 12.5oz right hand twill fabric. the 13mwz's use a broken twill 14.75oz fabric. the broken twill weave makes them look & fade a bit more interesting than standard jeans, & the broken twill weave also leads to the wranglers becoming super soft after a few washes. wrangler is also less "mystery meat" in terms of where they source their cotton from.

color/dye job: 501 stf's are better but the 13mwz's are kind of unique/interesting. the 501's start off as a much darker, more uniform, and deeper dyed standard raw denim color. the wranglers have a much lighter tone starting off, kind of a loud 'blueberry' color, and they're not dyed as deep so they fade faster. the blueberry tone settles down quickly with about 2 washings. in the long run levi's will fade with more contrast and will take longer to go white than wranglers.
note: i'm comparing the dye jobs on the raw and stone wash versions of both jeans. the pre-washed versions of them can use all varieties of different types of dye jobs.

details/hardware: both are quality. wranglers lean towards western/howdy doody vibe. levi's lean towards workwear vibe. but either one fits in either aesthetic.
>>
File: 1711221247216368.jpg (252 KB, 1600x1305)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
there's a third lesser known and very good budget option too: rustler. its wrangler's budget line and actually very good. the fit is the same as 13mwz. the details are simplified (no visible rivets, no coin pocket, no extra belt loops) and the fabric is a 14.75oz right hand twill. you can get older pairs on ebay with 7 belt loops and a coin pocket if you wish. they're a great option if you want the fit of 13mwz but you want a darker more levi's-esque dye job and don't want the cowboy-ish details. you'll find them places like walmart and tractor supply in 1 wash and raw pairs online only. they're about 10 to 20 bucks.
>>
File: 1691382615211502.jpg (2.78 MB, 4983x2484)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
new vs old rustlers to show how they held up to about ~6 years of heavy residential construction work, every-other-day wear. no crazy fades on them because they were washed frequently. knees aren't even starting to blow out yet and i did roofs in them. you will not find better jeans for cheaper. i got these for 12 dollars at wal mart. pretty sure they are the most common jeans you will see on the job site.
>>
>>18095000
LL Bean classic/natural fit is an excellent, comfortable pair of high-rise jeans in dark wash. Current 505 cut is bizarre, no room in the thighs like you'd think and it binds up in the knees.
>>
>>18095440
awesome, tyvm anon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.