[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I shaved my head recently and I'm immensely anxious about it, because I can tell people are not as friendly to me as they were before. It's like, I have to develop a new personality to grow into this new look, a tougher one. I have to get jacked, dress differently, have a more masculine demeanor. How do you bald anons do it?
>>
they're not as friendly to you because being bald makes you look inherently more grumpy.
literally all you have to do is smile more.
>>
>>18093149
Have you shaved it to the skin before? I want to try that look.
>>
>>18093149
Stamper was so pretty hope his bussy is still bubblegum pink
>>
>dude just shave it!!11!
>>
>>18093185
not OP before I went the army shaved cut look I basically looked like a pedophile with a gigantic "hole" where my crown is

trust me it's a big step up, especially with a good jawline and a nice 5'oclock shadow
>>
>>18093149
You look less young and less approachable.
It's only going to get worse from here.
Fin and min now.
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (37 KB, 261x514)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>18093149
just go to the gym and develop a personality
>>
File: baea23324.jpg (43 KB, 500x500)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
just embrace the scumbag look and double down on it with some tattoos
>>
>>18093149
>have to develop a new personality to grow into this new look, a tougher one. I have to get jacked, dress differently, have a more masculine demeanor. How do you bald anons do it?
You can start by not wearing nail polish
>>
When I shaved my head everyone became very friendly
>>
>>18093149
>stamper
Anyone know what happened to this guy? Last I heard of him he became a schizo drug fiend and burned every bridge with the sleepycabin crew
>>
>>18093149
>How do you bald anons do it?
I had to get jacked, started dressing differently, and adopted a more masculine demeanor.
>>
>>18093149
wear these
>>
>>18093183
rip his channel
>>
>>18093149
Don't shave. Grow what you have out and wear a hat. Social rules about taking hats off indoors are basically dead anyway.
>>
>>18093149

I started going bald when I got out of the army, I'm going to blame the helmet and not shitty genetics. Shaved my head at 25 and didn't look back. I managed to get laid plenty, got married, had kids, etc. I am not model material, to be honest at best I look like a slavic criminal.
Dress well, stay lean, accentuate your jaw line as much as possible, stay in decent shape. I let myself put on too much weight, I've been cutting for a few months and it was a wake up call that my face looks so much better when I'm thinner. A pudgy face when you're bald just looks like shit. If your job allows it, rock a little stubble, just shave every few days or maintain with a trimmer.

If you can't get laid bald, you probably couldn't get laid with hair. Once you accept that and understand where your actual problems are, you'll be fine.
>>
>>18093149
>I'm immensely anxious about it, because I can tell people are not as friendly to me as they were before

Are you a fucking faggit of your generation?
>>
>>18093149
stamper I didn't know you went in this basket weaving forum. im not a bald anon but you could go for the skinhead core look
>>
>>18093149
If I saw you, as a grown man, I would be friendly towards you. But if I were a woman or child I'd probably mind my business and ignore/not notice. I think that's normal for guys as they become mature as the latter groups don't see you as one of them any more (women and children just can't imagine guys when they were youthful themself it fucks up their concept of power or some shit idk). This is a common occurrence in life and it doesn't mean you're really a bad person. A lot of people just don't envy you and thus don't stare. As long as you're really a good person whether people are friendly to you or not, that's all that matters.
>>
>>18093149
by growing up and becoming proper men?
>>
>>18094141
if u come to my house and u dont take off your hat youre not walking out
>>
File: Stamper not approve.png (177 KB, 341x287)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>18093149
I miss Stamper...
Fucking drugs man
>>
>>18093149
i recently shaved my head for the first time in 10 over 10 years of having moderately long hair and my experience is not shared with you at all. i was surprised by how much more respect i commanded in public than before; kinda changed my opinion about keeping longer hair in the future
>>
File: GBKggmpbwAA3uos.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>18093180
Lose the brows while you're at it.
>>
>>18095726
Did you go all the way down or just a buzz cut?
I think its also a mental thing. I'm guessing you did it out of stylistic choice but OP did it out of neccessity so he wouldn't look like a balding coper
>>
>>18093149

I noticed the same when I shaved my head to restore my hairline from a hair transplant (I could cover my receded hairline prior to the transplant the recession wasn't that big (nw1.5) but I wanted to get all my hair back and minoxidil only made baby hairs grow in the area).
>>
>>18094830
Only kind of the same, but related. I've noticed as I enter my late-20s I don't get pestered by charity hawkers anywhere nears as much as I did when I was younger. In fact I specifically notice them avoiding me compared to the people around me. I'm not mean mugging either, I have a friendly demeanour, but I have now aged into the demographic that those guys avoid. Not complaining.
>>
File: pencil_neck.jpg (25 KB, 453x219)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>18093149
reminder to train your neck to pull the shaved head look
>>
>>18094830
>But if I were a woman or child I'd probably mind my business and ignore/not notice. I think that's normal for guys as they become mature as the latter groups don't see you as one of them any more

I think this is basically it. As I've started to lose my hair I notice that I'm basically invisible to 90% of the public, but in bars and shit I actually get more attention than ever before - and honestly from hotter women than before. I suspect the receding hairline is a sign that I'm older and more of a man so to speak. Probably an air of confidence that's associated with that too.
>>
>>18095767
buzz but it was practically shaven at that point. i may be wrong here but i feel like many men who are balding have low confidence and that is way more revealing to your surrounding than the state of your scalp hence OPs worries.
>>
I really want to try a buzz, but I'm worried my head shape won't make it work. And then you have to go through the awkward hair growing phases if it looks shite.
>>
>>18095804
worst case scenario just slap a hat on. plenty of people wear them daily should be no different for someone with little to no hair
>>
File: 1661052537303688.png (238 KB, 625x657)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>18095426
i don't even wear hats but i would never associate with someone who adheres to antiquated, trivial rules like you kek
>>
>>18095802
>men who are balding have low confidence
No, I agree. Confidence (or lackthereof) is something that is displayed subtly in your interactions with people and your environment.
Guys that are self-conscious about these things unconsciously display this negativity to people and also attribute their negative feelings to other people. Such is OPs case, those people probably wouldn't have cared much for him even if he had hair.
>>
>>18093442
supposedly designs websites for money, and talks to a few obsessives/orbiters over the phone when they call him, since his info's public. his yt channel got deleted because he posted his msg ng collab sketch uncensored for shits and giggles
>>
>>18093149
if this is you then from an observer you don't look bad or anything, but the eye bags might be your achilles' heel. Eyebags as a fashion choice are very dependent on the rest of your face. Also everything all the other anons said.
>>
>>18093149
Why are your nails painted?
>>
>>18093302
Yeah personally I think I detected a little extra song to the gas station girl's thank you when I went from 9" to shaved
>>
>>18093149
I’ll start off by saying that you look good. Balding isn’t the death sentence 4chan makes it out to be. Bottom line is if you’re not ugly before balding then you most likely won’t be ugly after balding, but you should definitely go skin bald just to remove the receded hairline for a cleaner look.

Since balding is inherently a man/masculine trait you no longer are associated with the boyish/young-male energy, and you should work towards adopting more masculine/man characteristics throughout life. Working out is obviously step one, but just lifting weights won’t make you exude “man” energy—getting bigger will definitely help and is objectively important don’t get me wrong. Learn a combat sport to improve your assertion—I don’t mean challenge everyone who wrongs you to fights (you’ll look like a fool) but learn how to distinguish what to let slide and what not too. Combat sports forces you to make and act on your own critical thinking, the more you learn and improve the more confident you’ll be when confronted with threatening and non-threatening situations.

Learn basic handyman skills. Learn how to change a tire, boost a car, fix leaks, and other little things that the average person won’t know. Becoming a man isn’t about being a big epic “alpha”, the people who tell you that are either grifters or the grifted. Being a man is being confident in yourself even when you don’t know the straight answer. This takes time obviously, but it’s either that or pay a Turk 10k for someone else’s hair while you down prescription drugs to maintain a fragile image of what you want yourself to be
>>
TFW when bald, 5'8 and alopecia has robbed me of my beard. Someone pass me a rope.
At least I'm in shape.
>>
>>18097871
It’s fucking over for us bro
>>
>>18097274
>>18097285
>>18097778
that's not him, that's a crack addict named william stamper
>>
File: s-l300-2803525680.jpg (8 KB, 240x300)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>18093149
People with shaved heads might be either small dick energy KKK Nazis or poor. You have to signal somehow that you're neither.
>>
i miss stamper all he does now is shitpost about being bisexual on twitter

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.