[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Lately when I get new socks it is like I may as well set the money on fire instead as I quickly develop holes usually by my toenails. I don’t remember this happening as much when I was younger in my teens and twenties. It seems it started happening in my late thirties(I’m 42 now).

Does this happen to anyone else? What is the cause? Could it be because I flair my toenails up when I walk or run? Is it because my toenails are too sharp or maybe they just get thicker as you age?
>>
>>18093283
just means you've got pointy nails, as long as you groom them and keep them trim it shouldn't be an issue
>>
go up a size in socks
>>
your toes rub against the fabric
the fabric gets worn down
Thank you for listening, that will be $20.
>>
>>18093283
your socks are too form fitting
>>
>>18093286
That’s the thing even when my nails are freshly cut it still happens. Arguably it happens faster sometimes when they’re freshly cut.
>>
>>18093283
It could be various things
>too long toenails
>leaving jagged edge when cut toenails
>socks too small
>poor quality socks

you can darn socks to repair them if you really want to, google it
>>
>>18093283
use a nail file to get rid of jagged/sharp edges, preferably glass
>>
>>18093683
File down the sharp edges
>>
>>18093283
Post soles
>>
socks stretched too tight. buy bigger socks.
>>
>>18093793
What would my soles have to do with anything? Are you just a gay foot fetishist?
>>
>>18094348
Yes.
>>
>>18094348
For scientific purposes
>>
>>18093283
Try wearing 2 pairs of socks. I do this anyway because my feet don't hurt and my shoes last longer. I use wool blend socks tho.
>This didn't happen when I was younger
They are probably making the socks cheaper and not finishing the inside of your shoes as well as they used to.
>>
>>18093283
are you getting fatter
feet expand with weight gain, your socks might just be too small now
if you lose weight it might stop happening

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.