[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5794.jpg (106 KB, 1024x638)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Are you excited for the return of properly tailored suits? I am.
>>
Only a few years ago, /fa/ thought "tailored" meant button-popping, suffocating, seam-ripping tight, this was said to be "timeless" and anyone who suggested otherwise was dogpiled as a fool who didn't know SHIT about menswear. Now we use the same words, to mean the exact opposite. Really activates my almonds.
>>
>>18098050
I feel like while slim, continental style was a valid response to the classically styled suits, it's devolved so heavily into what we see today that people have started looking back into history and are rediscovering WHY suits were tailored like that back then, and are thus seeing it less as a baggy sloppy mess and more as a very functional and fashionable look.

It can also be due to the modern problem of really cheap, shitty materials being used in clothing that used to last a lifetime, and so people are wanting to return to that high-quality long-lasting cloth that proper tailoring can provide.
>>
>>18098050
>Only a few years ago, /fa/ thought "tailored" meant button-popping, suffocating, seam-ripping tight
Find ONE post in the archive saying this. You can't. You are whining about shit that has never happened
>>
>>18098069
>DA JOOOOOZ
Imagine being so stupid you think close fitting suits are a new trend lmao it has been a thing since the 60s,same with the use of synthetic materials . You are just too much of a retarded zoomers to do the most basic of research
>>
>t. fat retards IIT seething that they can't wear tight fit
>>
>>18098079
Who do you think *owns* the fashion industry? Hello.
>>
>>18098108
Two french men you moron go crawl back to /pol/
>>
>>18098077
>>
File: Sure.jpg (30 KB, 640x341)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>18098109
I have never journeyed to the mythical land of /pol, I come from reddit
>>
>>18098043
le proportions are… le important???
>>
>>18098050
I don't recall this ever happening on /fa/.
>>
File: husbands.png (170 KB, 624x893)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>18098050
>>18098270
this still looks way better
>>
>>18098050
>/fa/ thought "tailored" meant button-popping, suffocating, seam-ripping tight, this was said to be "timeless" and anyone who suggested otherwise was dogpiled as a fool who didn't know SHIT about menswear

the only dogpiling i remember was people who posted that shit thinking it looked good and then a dozen photos of models with banker's clips all over them so they couldn't move and only looked good in one pose.
>>
>>18098043
Dude, that looks so deadass terrible I'm guessing it was AI generated.
This:
>>18098324
is acceptable
Now you may kys.
>>
>>18098348
>deadass
You will never be black
>>
>>18098043
That is one great looking suit
>>
>>18098458
lol no it isn't. it doesn't fit at all, i truly believe that is an AI generated image this board is garbage these days nothing but woke bullcrap
>>
File: IMG_5797.jpg (537 KB, 2560x2048)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
>>18098462
>>
>>18098462
It looks like it fits to me. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>18099125
There's a black man wearing it.
>>
>>18098050
What compels someone to come here and just make shit up like this?
>>
>>18098043
That isn't going to happen without a famine. People need to start tailoring themselves
>>
>>18098043
lmfao this goofy ass nigger got laughed off the styleforum bespoke projects thread for a reason
>>
>>18099789
Nah he mogs those pudgy 40somethings in "Italian" "bespoke" "tailoring" bad. It’s just that he’s insufferable and can’t take a modicum of criticism without going into page long rants.
>>
>>18098324
Japanese drone uniform
>>
>>18098102
fuck ive been caught
>>
Stop
>>
>suits
Let it die, it's worthless.
>>
>>18100412
This. Suits are dead outside of weddings and formal dress up events.

I used to work a high end sales job where suits are still somewhat common, the only guy who wore well fitted/tailored suits was this super zesty african dude and he would often go too far with the loud patterns,colors, jewelry. The rest of the guys who wore suits had off the rack bullshit that made them look like an assistant professor at a junior college.

Neither looked good and it just came off like they were playing dress up. There's very few places where suits are appropriate anymore. Our customers would routinely mistake me for being in charge of the place because I looked and dressed like them (understated polo and knit slacks, nice watch, and some leather loafers). These were multimillionaires, guys who owned sports teams, real estate guys with hundreds properties, nationwide franchise owners, guys who started companies whose products you see on shelves at major retailers. Most of them aren't interested in suits themselves and don't respect or care for them in the slightest. It's not 1940 anymore, the guy who owns your apartment building wears izod polos to meetings where he closes million dollar deals... you look like a retard in a three piece suit.
>>
>>18099159
Oh, shit.
I didn't notice that nigger, I just saw the clothes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.