[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 131231213123.jpg (49 KB, 1000x489)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>tried them twice now
>got a minor injury each time (now right armpit)
fuck this gay exercise
>>
>>74109662
You're supposed to touch the bench
>>
When I go heavy this shit hurts my elbows
>>
>>74109662
You're supposed to touch the floor
>>
>>74109662
You're supposed to touch the ceiling
>>
You're supposed to touch yourself
>>
>>74109662
try lighter weights?
>>
>>74109662
try doing the exercise without any weights first
>>
calisthenicbros dont have this problem
>>
>>74109662
use dumbells
>>
>>74109662
You're supposed to touch faith
>>
touch grass
>>
>>74109662
Yeah they're called skullcrushers, not armpit crushers. Do them right >>74109666
>>
>>74111812
>Yeah they're called skullcrushers, not armpit crushers. Do them right
only right way to do them is with one db and moving hand to the side, from ur face to the side, only way to "isolate" lateral head of trike also

regular skullcrushers are yet another way to mush soft tissue in shoulders into pulp in addition to wrecking elbow (most probably because only long head is pulling on tendon alone in regular skullcrushers)
>Do them right - touch bench
it's not an pullover - yet another retarded movement
>>
>>74111978
>only right way to do them is with one db and moving hand to the side, from ur face to the side, only way to "isolate" lateral head of trike also
u can lie on side and support urself with elbow to do them heil hitlers or with elbow of supporting arm on ur knee while u're standing
>>
reddit thread, everyone but me should kill themselves
>>
>>74109662
laying kickbacks is way better than this shit
>>
>>74109662
Try switching over to dumbells instead. Doing it with the EZ bar never felt right, felt like my elbows were gonna explode. Switching to dumbells made me realize what skullcrushers were supposed to feel like
>>
>>74109662

How many reps are you trying to do per set?
>>
>>74109662
You're supposed to touch cloth
>>
>>74109662

Just do a cable pushdown
But if you Really want to do this gay ass exercises, make sure its light weight.

Skull crushers are a one way ticket to elbow rape city
>>
>>74109662
Skull crushers suck. Switch to the lying french press.
>>
>>74109662
stop doing meme exercises you fucking morons
do pic related instead but drop the handle and just grab the cable by that little shit at the end and keep a neutral grip on it and make sure your elbow is alligned with your wrist and shoulder

and fucking learn movement patterns and how muscles work, not fucking exercises

LEARN THE MOVEMENT, NOT THE EXERCISE
>>
>>74111978
Bot schizo post body
>>
>>74109662
You did too much of a pullover movement with weight you couldn't handle. You can ditch skullcrushers but you want to keep that area healthy. Start doing light dumbbell pullovers for high reps. I do 15lbs for 50 reps as part of my pressing day warm ups twice a week and then finish those days with heavier pullovers for sets of 10. My shoulders have never felt better.
>>
>>74112865
name
>>
Try not to ego lift retard, start with low weight
>>
>>74111978
>it's not an pullover - yet another retarded movement
Way to negate everything you just said
>>
File: 1627392747694.jpg (19 KB, 316x400)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>74111812
>they're called skullcrushers, not armpit crushers
lol, imagine if they were called armpit crushers.
I guess that's what football players are doing when they run into those dummies.
But if you were trying to adapt an curl bar skullcrusher into an armpit crusher, you could lay on one side, and hold the bar in the center with one hand.
When the bar is at the top, drop it so it falls into the armpit and crushes it.
>>
>>74112864
I do this and call it a skull crusher, I never understood why you wouldn't go behind your head for more ROM and less stress on your elbow.
>>
>>74109662
These always hurt my elbows. I don't know if it's because I have lots of fat on the back of my upper arms but I rarely see any definition there so I can never tell if I'm actually getting gains there.
>>
>>74109662
>elbow crushers
got me good
>>
tricep extensions behind the head >>> skull memers
not warming up your elbows is retarded too
learn 2 lift
>>
weighted dips is a superior exercise plus the benefit of looking like a badass unlike being a faggot and fitness roleplay lying down

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.