[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240423_113716.jpg (67 KB, 480x527)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
What are your best redpilled and schizo hacks for cutting muscle recovery time? The last time I did any leg work was 10 days ago and only today feel ready to train them again. So far I have been doing the following...
>Keep protein intake high
>Magnesium and zinc
>Keep T as high as possible
>Don't coom too much
>Eating cans of beetroot
>Stretching and self massage
>Getting plenty of sleep
I'm 34 years old. TIA.
>>
>>74110124
Swimming in a power plant swimming pool by itself is not dangerous, but in reality you'll get shot by security before you make it there.
>>
>>74110124
deload?
>>
>>74110124
Just get really good cardio.
>>
>>74110135
>in reality you'll get shot by security before you make it there.
You underestimate my speed
>>
>>74110124
Carb loading
>>
My last leg day was a month ago. I'm thinking of doing it again tomorrow.
>>
>>74110124
Sodium bicarbonate + salt water drink before gym session
Teaspoon of honey before gym session
Sauna after gym

No more soreness or weakness day after
>>
File: 1712924216036387.jpg (63 KB, 824x618)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
They actually send divers in there for maintenance. As long as the stay far enough away from the radioactive material they're completely fine. I read about this one guy who dropped a tool or something and thoughtlessly picked it up. Although his body was far enough away his hand not. I think they had to amputate.
>>
>>74110124
The 2 days after legs, I do an hour of bike cardio on hills setting to really get the blood moving. Also try upping creatine if you take it. If you train legs 2x a week Try focusing on squats 1 day and deads the other training day
>>
>>74110421
https://www.energy.gov/nnsa/defense-nuclear-security
These guys have a basically unlimited budget and recruit from .mil SF
>>
>>74110497
>dodges your bullet
Oh, you’re just gonna keep firing until I run out of stamina? I do daily cardio on my Pelaton, dumbass
>>
>>74110135
You realize the color is due to the radiation ionizing the fuck out of the water right
>cherenkov radiation
>>
>>74111175
you clearly have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>74111175
Water shields you against radiation so well that you get less radiation in those pools than when you’re on land.
>>
File: IMG_2094.jpg (2.25 MB, 4032x3024)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
>>74110124
Have a cat purring on your lap after training legs, the frequency is known to promote healing.
Also I’m in love with this new femjak.
>>
>>74111393
>Also I’m in love with this new femjak.
This is the kind of shit you say when you’ve never felt the touch of a woman irl
>>
>>74110124
Go to sleep 3 hours earlier than normal.
>>
File: 800.jpg (44 KB, 828x848)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>74111393
I thought she was cute too, that's when I recognized it's a trooned version of swedish twink wojak??!
>>
>>74111190
>>74111338
I didn't say it would kill you. Just that the glow is from radiation dumping a bunch of energy into the water. Literally a photonic boom.

Also, get close enough, and that shielding effect won't matter so much due to the sheer amount of energy being dumped out, see >>74110452
>>
>>74110124
>Stretching and self massage
Elaborate.
>>
>>74111175
>ionization
there's no ionization bro...just EM waves coming from the charged particle
notice how the glow is deeper in the water? almost all the particles are slowed and stopped before they reach shallower waters
>>
>>74110124
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/200eqtWkMKs
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ey4GkNULqdQ
also one for shoulders
use a roller
cold water shower
massage ears
instead of sleeping or napping, just laying down briefly and untensing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAvTTGDSUQ&t=16s
>>
>>74111533
>Elaborate
Finding the knots in the muscles (it's mainly my calves that are getting destroyed) and pressure pointing them to release the knots and also general massage to help blood flow etc.
>>
>>74110452
That guy picked the thing up, he was only shielded by very little water. If you’re just swimming in the middle of the pool, you’re shielded by several meters of water and it’s so effective that you get more radiation from space by staying out of the pool.
>>
>>74111515
Jesus Christ lmao just shut the fuck up because you clearly don't know what you're talking about kek
>>
File: sore.jpg (54 KB, 303x581)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
OP here, I think I figured out why I'm getting so sore so quickly and for so long. Recently I started doing RDLs and put on a bunch of muscle in the areas circled in green. Using this muscle is transferring load into the outside of my calf muscles which I suspect I haven't used much and are under developed. I went rucking earlier on and was still mildly sore in the green area after a 10 day rest and now the area in yellow is like nigga wtf you doing.

Thanks for the ideas and tips gonna try some of them keep them coming.

Also >>74111515 you could swim in the pool safely if you stay near the surface. Water is very good at shielding radiation.
>>
File: Serious_Pepe.jpg (31 KB, 554x554)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>74110124

Actually it is safe to swim in a reactor cooling pool if you do not swim down to the bottom.
>>
>>74110124
>beetroot
Quick run down?
>>
>>74110124
>What are your best redpilled and schizo hacks for cutting muscle recovery time?
Tonify qi and blood, ie the spleen. This is done by eating beef and mutton, contrary to what TCM "experts" in the West claim.

t. TCM pro
>>
>>74110124
>I'm 34 years old.
Buddy I hate to tell you this but fullbody frequency has to drop. Even 2/week is untenable in your late 20s if intensity is sufficient to grow on and you're not a novice. You're looking for 1.5-1.8.
Or you can go the other route and have very frequent low volume medium intensity workouts but you have to really know what you're doing then because you can create injuries a lot faster.
>>
>>74112478
See pic related. Normally beetroot juice is used as it's known as one of the best things to aid muscle recovery but I'm a poorfag so eat a can of beetroot instead after I work out.

>>74112487
I agree totally with eating red meat and do so as much as possible. Also LDL cholesterol is required for testosterone production which we only get from saturated animal fat. Plant based saturated fat like which is found in coconut oil only gives us HDL cholesterol which cannot be used for hormone synthesis.

>>74112494
I'm noticing this more as I'm getting older. I like to switch it up to keep my body guessing and often just do 1-3 exercises a day everyday targeting a different body part with some cardio days. But yup have run myself into the ground and caused myself injury a few times recently.
>>
File: 1668613032355518.jpg (631 KB, 993x2000)
631 KB
631 KB JPG
Why are zoomer girls so dumb and cute
>>
>>74110449
why mix baking soda with salt water?
>>
>>74111175
square cubed law
>>
>>74112466
funny enough, hovering between the rods and the surface might net you less total radiation than just being on the exposed surface kek
safest in the middle of the pool
>>
>>74110135
really makes you think about weather I (an "free" citizen) as an American really are free.
>>
>>74110124
The only ones that work are:
>sleep
>eating right
>deloads
>Dynamic stretching and lighter exercises through the same or higher RoM
>reduced intensity
i.e. boring shit.

Most things outside of that won't even work, let alone make you superman.
>>
pre & post sauna sesh
>>
>>74110124
thats a cute jak, whats her name?
>>
>>74110124
You mean you've only trained legs once in 10 days? and doing all that is the only way for you to recover?
Anon you are either a massive pussy, a genius, or in dire medical need if you can't recover faster than a week and a half
>>
>>74110124
>Reducing Recovery Time
none of that shit you posted does anything btw
literally none of it lol
just reduce fatigue as much as possible
do lower reps, lower sets, increase rest times between sets and exercises, keep muscles anabolic for most of the week without inducing too much muscle damage in any session
none of that hippy shit is gonna do anything even protein overfeeding or sleeping more will not do anything if you are already getting enough in, once muscle damage sets in(what causes fatigue post workout) you can't speed up recovery with anything that is not related to your training
>>
>>74112026
I been trying to build this area the past few months it's caused a back injury deadlifting being weak and gives me IT band syndrome so far I do banded clam shells, sitting bench abductor band pulls aparts, single legs rdls it's sore as fuck today but how do I add the mass or size any tips
>>
>>74110135
fag xkcd viewer
>>
>>74115951
Idk don't try lift too heavy with your back maybe? I often do 10x6 squats and 10x6 RDLs and that will be it for legs. I also do 30 minutes of aerobic exercise on the rowing machine now and then which has contributed to my calf destruction and given me gains.
>>
>>74110124
Having excessive DOMS is likely because you're either doing too much volume, or, are getting shitty recovery due to lack of sleep or poor nutrition/supplementation. In my 30 years of lifting, I've NEVER had DOMS that affected me more than 3-4 days out from training a body part, and that's ONLY when I take a break from something (such as, taking 3 weeks of squats when my knee flares up every year or two).
There's something missing in the equation for what you're doing for recovery/diet/supplementation that's making DOMS worse.
One other approach I'd suggest is CUT VOLUME IN HALF and split the legs into 2 sessions per week. I used to get TERRIBLE hamstring cramps when I hit them once a week, so I moved to add in a 2nd session. 3 months later, no cramps, and I haven't had my ham lock up on me in 3 years since I changed this.
Sometimes, increasing frequency while reducing volume is key to helping fucky body parts begin cooperating.
>>
>>74110135
The wealthy and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission are hiding the life-extending properties of bathing in radioactive water. They transport nuclear Easter by armed guard not because it’s dangerous & they don’t want it to get into terrorist hands, but because it’s too precious and expensive to be wasted on the public.
>>
>>74110124
>anything except eat more food with enough nutrients in the first place
You people are so clueless on how to get strong.
>>
>>74110452
I wonder which goes on the outside for the nuclear river; the dry suit or the lead suit?
>>
>>74116602
My diet is good. I'm limiting my carbs somewhat because I want to lose weight but I cook nearly all my meals and eat a good range of food. Recently I've eaten...

>2 days ago
Breakfast: oatmeal, milk and a banana
Lunch: chicken and cheese sandwich
Dinner: 4 eggs and some rice
Before bed: a piece of toast with peanut butter

>Yesterday
Breakfast: oatmeal and milk
Lunch: 1x peanut butter toast and a can of beetroot
Dinner: homemade pizza
Before bed: another slice of pizza

>today will be
Breakfast: oats and milk
Lunch: peanut butter toast
Dinner: 700g of chicken drumsticks
Supper: more leftover pizza
>>
>>74116666
Bro, you're eating, what, about 1500 cal/day and thinking that's NOT affecting your recovery?!?
Unless you're 125 lbs. or less, you should probably be eating more. It will help. Not shitloads more, but I'd start adding 300-500 cal./day focusing on protein and starchy carbs and see if that changes things, because you're eating like a woman.
And, I hate to tell you, but "homemade pizza" isn't eating well, it's still fucking pizza (same with the drumsticks if you're deep frying them) and you'd be better swapping it for a turkey burger or something else protein-heavy that doesn't suck.
You have a lot to learn.
>>
>>74110124
I'm struggling with recovery recently and have changed up my recovery protocol to address it.
>contrast showers daily
>15 minute full body stretch every morning
>2-5 miles walking daily
>10000 iu vitamin D in morning
>400 magnesium at night
>Wenning warm ups for every workout
>light calisthenics in evening if I have any extra energy
So far it's improving
>>
>>74116721
I forgot 2 tbsp hydrolyzed collagen daily
>>
>>74111175
Depends on the plant mate. But yes swimming in it is not advisable.

>>74112466
Hide in the middle of the pool and the guards cant shoot you because they don't want to hit the rods, now thats funny.
>>
>>74112554
They're generally better than mellenial woman to be fair, many of whom are turbo man haters with their 450 "genders". God I hate mellenial woman- Mellenial man.
>>
>>74116703
I weigh 250 lbs @ 6'1 so I have at least 20-30 lbs to lose maybe more because I want to get into running but yes I know this will affect my recovery. The chicken will be roasted in the oven. I know pizza isn't the healthiest but it could be worse I absolutely loaded them with ham, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and olives. Still it was what I felt like and was pretty much a cheat meal.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.