[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GOnHkl8.jpg (319 KB, 1500x1169)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
When was the last time you changed your mind about something fitness or health related or altered your diet or routine based on new information?
>>
>>74115728
I don’t like information
>>
>>74115728
>diet
dyel

>routine
dyel

>changed your mind
dyel
>>
I heard that pull ups target the lats way more than a lat pulldown
I started doing assisted pull-ups, and even for the babbymode version of the exercise I could feel it way more than a pulldown
>>
I recently decided that having a lean face is more aesthetically beneficial than having bigger muscles so I ended my bulk.
>>
>>74115728
When I am faced with new information, I scream down the messenger and slander their entire personality. I then start a counter movement where I recommend and do the exact opposite despite the negative effects it has on my health and general appearance.
>>
>>74115728
Higher reps and slower eccentrics for hypertrophy. I thought it was all about the concentric power stroke. Thats great for strength but not the best for size. Since ive adjusted im making noticeable gains again
>>
>>74115769
Captcha for this post was "SSMAN" im a fucking mong for not screenshotting
>>
This year I came to the conclusion that bulgarian split squats are probably the best option when working with just dumbbells.
>>
>>74115728
last year I learned that high reps are shit, high volume is shit, low training frequency is shit, excess volume in one session is shit, isolation is necessary for maximum results and protein timing doesn't matter as long as you're eating enough protein
>>
>>74115728
Usually after injuries
>>
>>74115728
I stopped powerlifting with a modified 5/3/1 BBB. I was getting insane gains, but now I'm pushing 30 and have two kids. So I'm now following my own full body program, three days a week. Max 1 hour each time. I'm saving like, 7 hours a week in the gym, feel lighter and overall am fitter. Feels better.
>>
>>74115835
Imagine actually falling for the low volume meme
>dude just do low reps low volume even though literally no one who looks good does that
>>
>>74116869
Can't you 531 3 days? Or were the workouts too long?
>>
>>74115728
I went from a 5 day PHAT program to a 6 day PPL. I fucking love PPL and I am pretty much convinced you can train every single day as a natty. Having a home gym definitely helps too
>>
>>74115728
I used to prefer bodyweight exercise and calisthenics to weights.
But then I plateaued pretty hard and managed to find fitness tower thing that fit in my apartment and now the overwhelming majority of my exercises are free-weight
>>
>>74115728
Not very recently, but I ditched the whole HIT "Do one working set of everything once per week, why do more?" Philosophy. It' just doesn't hold up today, considering all the information we have now. Well maybe it works if you have elite genetics, and take gear and meth like Menzer
>>
>>74116887
That used to be the standard advice on the internet 10-15 years ago.
>>
>>74116907
It would take way too long, at least with the same amount of accessory work that BBB gets you. I was doing 5 days a week with two hours each time, taking proper time and precautions to rest between sets.

But what I do now isn't too far off, I go a Push, Pull, and leg exercise three days a week, and random accessories if I have time. Now I know all my main muscles are getting worked evenly and getting enough stimuli.
>>
>>74115728
I used to hit everything once per week, but found that when someone suggested breaking my training up to hit everything twice a week with reduced volume per day, I made my best gains in 20 years.
>>
File: IMG_9417.jpg (299 KB, 717x927)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
Someone shared this a few months ago and I still haven’t done anything about it but I will utilize it soon.

Things that I’ve changed my mind about
>if you cut too long, your body will adapt to the lower calorie intake
I’m afraid I’ve misled others to believe this. Taking a break from a calorie cut will only take a break from reaching goals. I don’t think that research supports this.

>only fasting causes autophagy
Apparently not?

>carbs are bad
Not necessarily. Carbs make cutting much harder but they’re not that bad
>>
>>74116988
>if you cut too long, your body will adapt to the lower calorie intake
>I’m afraid I’ve misled others to believe this. Taking a break from a calorie cut will only take a break from reaching goals. I don’t think that research supports this.
This is called adaptive thermogenesis and ittms real and without it we would die. I dont know how you can think if you cut 500 calories from your diet chronically you will just keep losing a pound a week forever until you die from the weight loss

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.