[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0126.png (659 KB, 911x616)
659 KB
659 KB PNG
Had a corporate funded “wellness” check, or health checkup, which we get every few years.
I went to it, the first session was a doctor led checkup, before doing 4 sessions that are specific based on a health questionnaire we answer before the day.
In the first doctor session the guy wanted to take blood for various checks, I said no as the cost benefit didn’t seem worth it, I generally feel healthy and didn’t want the discomfort. Turns out that was the bulk of the session and a large part of the cost of the checkup. He looked at me like he didn’t understand my point of view and asked me repeatedly if I was sure I didn’t want it. He then continued the session and asked me some other questions which were all fine. Then to finish he said he was going to do a testicular examination. I turned this down also, and he made a comment that many people would like to be in my shoes.
Are these wellness checks worth it, I am 34, very active, with no health concerns. The doctor made me feel bad, and honestly I got nothing out of the day.
>>
how much does this check-up cost? why do you even have to pay for a blood test, what are they looking at that's so complicated, mine have always been completely free unless I ask from the expensive shit
>>
>>74117592
I don’t pay for it personally, it’s paid for by my employer.
>>
>>74117607
then just get your bloodwork done? you literally have nothing to lose, why would you say no. I sort of understand not letting him grab your balls, but there's literally no reason not to give a bit of blood and be absolutely sure everything's fine. I also felt healthy before I found out my red blood cells were slightly below the minimum and had to adjust by diet.
>>
>>74117546
>said no as the cost benefit didn’t seem worth it
>paid for by employer
Stop being a pussy.
>>
>>74117641
On the balls thing he was really weird with me, and insisted on telling me how to check them myself, even though I told him I didn’t want to discuss it. He just went ahead and said it anyway even though I was trying to stop him.
>>74117647
I don’t want it. Idc.
>>
>>74117678
Why’d you make this thread? I don’t understand what you want.
>is it worth it? My company pays for it
>yes it is worth it
>I don’t care
>>
>>74117693
I didn’t think for someone like me, healthy and 34, that I should bother with this stuff/
>>
>>74117711
do you hear yourself lmao, your company is literally paying you to check your health and you're saying no because le pointy needle makes you uncomfortable. You realize you cannot actually be healthy unless you put yourself through massive discomfort, and I don't just mean getting pinched by a small needle. How can you know you're healthy if you decline the most basic test to determine that
>>
>>74117747
I don’t know, but with that logic why don’t I get thousands of medical tests?
>>
Thats actually characteristic of the american healthcare system because its so capitalistic, a euro doc described it to me as "they're always looking for problems where there are none", in regards to always ordering every possible test, leaving no stone unturned.

Its really not necessary and over-inflates medical costs, thus insurance premiums for everyone, and they will still not catch your lyme disease, a sneaky tumor, or onset type 2 diabetes.
>>
>>74117711
then don't. it sounds like whatever we say you won't care. to me this just smells like aichmofobia since there is no real "cost" to it. having your balls fondled, that's another story and you can probably check them yourself as the doctor said.

underlying diseases that you can't "feel" before shit is in the fan can be caught early with testing. if you don't care, go ahead but what the fuck is the purpose of this thread since you clearly aren't going to change your mind?
>>
File: 1712531310765899.jpg (25 KB, 520x520)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>74117754
if only there was a middle ground between not taking a FREE basic medical test and spending thousands on hypochondriac examinations. I'm not going to say you're retarded, but next time just let the guy run your bloodwork
>>
>>74117771
I’m not afraid of needles I just find this whole thing frustrating and pointless.
>>74117785
No.

I think if I was diagnosed with cancer I would just let it run its course.
>>
>>74117546
https://desuarchive.org/fit/search/text/%2C%20I%20said%20no%20as%20the%20cost%20benefit%20didn%E2%80%99t%20seem%20worth%20it/
stop posting this
>>
>>74117824
>I think if I was diagnosed with cancer I would just let it run its course.
Then what the fuck is the point of this thread? Why are you asking if these checks are useful, if you don't care about the results?
>>
>>74117902
just let the thread die anon. we're all tired of these faggot spammers.
>>
>>74117546
I went to a GP for the first time in my adult life at 34 too. The doctor said everything's good and I can schedule my next checkup in 3 years. Turns out, healthy people don't need much medical care.
>>
>>74117546
tdlr:
>I'm a pussy afraid of needles
>>
corporate blood draws also report drug/roid use to your boss (as you agreed to in your mandatory employment/insurance contract), and you can and will get fired for it
don't listen to the bootlickers

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.