[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has anyone here actually managed to correct their posture? Like have you gone from not being able to do a wall angel to being able to do one with good form?
>>
>>74117599
>less sitting during day
>exercise upper body muscles more

it will fix itself automatically if you do that you don't need to sperg over that
>>
>>74117611
I exercise my upper body plenty it hasn't done shit
>>
>>74117627
stop sitting 16 hours a day then
>>
>>74117599
yes, it just took some time to figure out which muscle it was that I needed to stretch. I could have fixed it by just stretching everything instead.
>>
File: iyengar-in-warrior.jpg (14 KB, 336x442)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>74117599
pic rel and attached
https://youtu.be/rvOPPOlS1Fs?si=Ec765yxsZjf_KENk
>>
>>74117823
which muscles did you need to stretch?
>>
>>74117599
Yes, bodybuilding and developing my back have improved my posture greatly.
>>
>>74117882
I do loads of rows and I don't think it's done anything ... am I missing something?
>>
>>74117900
I can't be certain, but my gut tells me that pulling from above is best for it. Pullups, pulldowns, both wide and narrow.
>>
>>74117935
I do those too ;_;
>>
>>74117599
Yeah mostly fixed it with pendlay rows and glute bridges.
>>
>>74117599
How old are you and how old were you when you started caring? Years of bad posture can take years to fix.
Aside from that, good posture starts with a good core. Training yourself to always have your belly contracted helps
>>
>>74118007
31, I've been trying to fix it off and on since I like was 25. I actually did make good progress with things like thoracic rotations and chin tucks but they diminishing returns. I have the best posture I've ever had but I still can't do a wall angel
>>
>>74117599
Yes.
Game changer was a kneeling office chair.
>>
Lots of different wall exercises to adjust your posture.
>>
>>74118574
yes wall, also floor, pressure within ur own body - all good things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twLJVfL0iJo&list=PLoMJ2ciqfFnRy1Q_eLMSvGF5sPa7Gm_DB&index=1
>>74117599
>managed to correct their posture?
link above :D
>>
look up "lower crossed syndrome" and the. stretches recommended to fix it.
>>
>>74119967
don't do it, it's a distraction from wealth of postural goldmine i have linked here:
>>74119650
slumpy serratus activator, scapular circles, pinwheel and many many more
>>
>>74117599
I didn't really have a bad posture, i was just hunched a bit, but concentrating on walking normally for a month fixed it
Also I focused on training rear delts and upper back, which also helped
Now it's natural for me to have the correct posture
>>
Yeah, I managed to fix mine. Went from ogre neck to straightening up. By far the biggest thing that worked for me was getting a firmer mattress / flatter pillow (back sleeper). This plus add regular ab and lower back accessory work with progressive overload and you'll grow an inch or two just from standing up straight

Any "phone bad"s or posture stretches are mostly boomette tier memes
>>
>>74120324
To be specific, ab and back work actually keep your spine straight, and sleeping is the thing you do the most without moving, hence having the greatest impact on your resting posture
>>
>>74117599
Just make a habit of correcting in the mirror. Then remember to correct it everytime you see some cute little filly walking down the street. Eventually itll become default
>>
>>74117599
I have. If you work an office job, literally don't sit for more than 20 minutes straight. It's that simple. Every time you stand up you get a chance to refresh your posture, relax your muscles, allow new blood flow, take your neck out of tension. Standing up and walking 8 steps away from youe desk and back is the optimal method.
>>
>>74117599
so there's this concept called thoracic extension and you've probably forgotten how to do it entirely. if you regularly do any back mobility exercises you will have improvements. just fucking do it, stop asking dumb ass questions.
>>
>>74120596
>thoracic extension
scapular function - it's all there:
>>74119650
>>
>>74120614
I did this guy's "hidden muscle to fix hunchback" thing and it worked to an extent but also had diminishing returns
>>
>>74117599
Yea, I went from pretty terrible s-shaped goblin posture to normal at 17 by doing back foam rolling and other stretches I found on youtube.
>>
File: 1000003991.jpg (2.19 MB, 965x2722)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>74117599
>>
>>74121373
too much crap
>>
Friendly reminder that poor posture is caused by staring at phone/computer and general faggotry. No amount of facepulls can undo loser lifestyle.
>>
>>74117599

Unless you have "Scheuermann's Desease" you can always better your posture.
Certain activities, even if sporty, also emphasize kyphosis of the spine - e.g. gymnastics and bodybuilding.
>>
>>74120726
IDK MAN - I NEVER GET TIRED OF SCAPULAR CIRCLES :d

I JUST FOUND UPPER CHEST ISOLATION, IT'S ACTUALLY PULL, YA PULL WITH UR ELBOW ON UR RAISED KNEE, FOR HALF A MINUTE OR SO

LOL, SO EASY :d AND NOW THIS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelvis#/media/File:1116_Muscle_of_the_Male_Perineum.png
BULBOSPONGIOSUS, LOL, WHERE IS ISOLATION FOR THAT ??? :
>>
>>74117599
i'm not 100% perfect. i still tire from standing straight for several hours and slouch eventually and i always slouch when sitting without a backrest.
but this exercise helped me greatly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDkX9lzo3E4&t=94
i started with arms going 10:10 and now can do it with both arms pointing up.
the first time i tried it, my upper back hurt the whole next day.
i have been doing rhomboids exercises with a band for years before trying that wall splatter in the video.
the difference wall splatter made for me was huge.
i've never tried wall angels
>>
>>74117599
15 years ago a girl told me that I looked like a vulture and that she found it kinda hot. That comment instantly cured my bad posture and simultaneously converted me to homosexuality.
>>
>>74123812
awesome bro!
>>
Do this yoga routine 4 times a week for a month. I think the consistency of the verbal queues go a long way towards internal proprioception. Has had dramatic benefits for me. https://youtu.be/lbyHCkNEOKo?si=RUZ5hW3TW3bBh8Ao
>>
>>74120345
Only sensible if you work from home.
>>
File: 1000021789.jpg (400 KB, 1024x1471)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>74117599
you just have to be very conscious of it.
anytime time you do something that's bad posture wise, Make sure to realize you're doing it; then correct it.
took me about 2 years get my body lined up all nice.
now I'm 6ft 5 instead of 6ft 3in.
posture is one of those Self Maximize things those Ticktoc influencers talk about

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.