[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 880463728.jpg (75 KB, 601x950)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
How can I get started out in Kyokushin Karate?
I have a few of the kicks,punches and wrestling moves down but I was wondering if any of you know of a guidebook or something I could learn from,there are no dojos in my area
>>
>>74118233
Bump
>>
You probably don't have "a few kicks and wrestling moves " down. To learn these things and truly have them as part of your self defense arsenal, you need to practice with partners doing drills and live play in order to really learn them. Also you do that for years.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there were no type of martial gyms that train what you're looking for. If you want something similar, do kickboxing. Practical, and still has karate roots in its movements.

There is also a new thing that is taking off in popularity and participation called combat karate. Maybe that's what you mean. Either way, if you can't find a gym, just find a kickboxing gym or thai gym . If they don't train live, it's a meme. Remember that
>>
Mas Oyama's "This is Karate" is a good start for training. A lot of Kyokushin requires conditioning so if you can find a heavy bag or make makiwara you'll be golden. Of course not having a proper teacher will be a hindrance but if you can practice in a mirror and be really conscious about minuscule details you could turn out better than most.
>>
>>74118233
Karate is a meme
Striking without punches to the head = bad habits
>>
>>74118233
Idk where to find em, i know jeet kune do has a book and id assume the others for basics.

Theyll have "patterns" which are virtually useless besides to have snappy kicks and punches in a gi, i guess its nice for speed but not power i learned that myself.

Western boxing has all the hands youll need, kickboxing is just:
>side kick front rear skipping back kick 360 back kick
> front kick rear front kick skippimg fromt kick both legs rear and front
>front and rear roundhouse a switch is the same shit as a rear desu 360 roundhouse
>front hook kick rear spinning and 360
>crescent kick aka slapping with the outside of the foot
>ax kick

And basically finesse them however you want, everything in terms of boxing is already there. Best thing you can do is become your own coach.

I guess they have palm strikes elbows maybe knees, but yeah if youre in bumfuck drive out to a city with an mma gym once youre good to see how your style works. Heads up they spar hard, keep your hands up and work on close range counter punching on the bag as much as possible.
>>
>>74118706
Fight should end at first kick though if you can squat 2pl8. Thats olympic rules btw and any adult transitions to mma sparring if theyre serious and wanna do ufc glory etc.
>>
>>74118706
Just saying nobody you see pro is breaking more boards than i could at 14-15 they cant kick, anything pretty much anyone youve seen throw pro is some mall karate shit you can just eat then catch them out with.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.