[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240423_233436.jpg (180 KB, 1080x1542)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
Everyone is frauding their numbers at symmetric strenght, there is no world in which a 1 plate OHP for 6 reps is that bad for a 80kg lifter, i have never seen anybody OHP a plate for reps besides me
>>
>>74119088
Logical fallacy, you're comparing stats to other lifters. Not the general public.

A 160lb male can easily lift more than 1pl8 on OHP, but he would probably be extremely unbalanced.
Case and point the tiny asian man who can bench 3pl8.
>>
>>74119088
Stop using social media and the internet when it comes to lifting.

>goes on insta
>170-180 pound average dude posts 225 bench pr
>comments: Weak, why are you posting this etc...
>scroll
>"13 year old" benching 3 plates for reps.

Go to the gym irl
>only see 225+ Bench every few weeks
>Barely anyone can do pull ups competently

We already have objective stats. Only 3 in 100 men that go to the gym regularly can bench 2 plates.

In a reddit survey (bear with me) on a the powerlifting sub, dedicated to powerlifers.

The average numbers were:
340 squat for men
185 squat for women

245 bench for men
115 bench for women

400lb deadlift for men
225lbs for women

1/2/3/4 will make you insanely strong compared to the general population.
>>
I don't necessarily disagree with you but OHP is just a lift that's rarely performed, and it's likely that most people who can bench two plates are able to put up a plate on OHP a few times, if they actually trained the lift.
>>
>>74119180
>bench bench bench
the most useless lift yet everybody is obsessed with it, what a fucking joke.
>>
>>74119206
it's fun
>>
>>74119206
Why is it useless?
>>
>>74119180
I've been saying this for years and I get shit on every time by mentally ill retards who think the internet is real life. At my peak strength I benched 3pl8 for a double and that was a small event at my gym. I went nearly every day so I saw everyone and I was the strongest man there by miles. The next strongest guy was benching a bit over 2pl8 for a triple. They think the world is full of Larry Wheels level dudes because of Instagram nonsense when he's literally 1 in 10 million
>>
>>74119206
>t. has never wrestled
I bet you'll say that curls are useless too right?
>>
only strong people use symmetric strength
>>
The site is massively skewed towards powershitters, hence why the pulling exercises like Pendlay rows and body weight exercises like pull ups and dips score significantly higher for average fit guys. Can’t take the squat or bench press numbers seriously, because powerlifters don’t do either legitimately. I assume something similar for OHP.
Probably deadlift is the only lift that gives a reasonable benchmark.
>>
Aren't there like 20 different ways to cheat at OHP? Don't take anyone seriously until you see them do it personally imo
>>
>>74119241
Also, putting in your 10RM instead of 1RM will massively inflate your score
>>
Be sure to read their FAQ
>The score for a single muscle group is measured by a weighted average of the lifts which involve that muscle group.
>Weighted average
So they'll have a bunch of data from competitive lifters and compare you against that.
It's useful for tracking strength progress, but you're being ranked against their dataset that contains the best of the best. If you took into account length of time lifting, in hours or something, the results would change dramatically. Quickly you would see your progress against people that spend equivalent amount of time.

>the "average" lifter on this site is assumed to have trained each lift equally.
This is because it's easier to calculate.
But in my opinion, lifts like chinups or pullups should have a different weighting because those lifts are very much power to weight ratio dependent, as a negative relationship rather than a positive like squats or deadies (negative the heavier you are the harder it is, positive the heavier you are the more you can lift).

There's also no measurements for form in their dataset. So there's a data quality issue. Which is probably quite large considering that it's a powerlifting dataset, and a good portion of powerlifters have shit form.
>>
1/2/3/4 needs to go. it wont give you pleasant physique. lats and arms might be severely underdeveloped even well past 1/2/3/4 see powertards struggling to do pull ups despite not being obese and hauling all these plates. pull ups, chin ups and dips with some abs thrown in is all you need. oh and cardio with diet. lmao at retards claiming that its not uncommon for fat guys bench two plates their first day at gym.
>>
>>74119088
>i have never seen anybody OHP a plate for reps besides me
I thought I went to a onions gym but yours must be even more onions than mine
>t. 205 lb OHP
>>
>>74119180
This. If you hit 1/2/3/4, you are unironically fucking strong. I know dudes on gear who fucking can't. Take that win, you worked for it.
>>
>>74119608
>205 lb
Thats my strict pendlay row for 12
>>
>>74119705
That's my OHP for 1 ;)
>>74119180
I think last year or the year before that I took a /fit/ survey after not really having paid attention to the demographics of lifters here, ever. Turns out I was in the top 10% for all my lifts lol. Still feel weak (and that's a good thing)
>>
>>74119711
I mog you tho, post back
Lets see what wins pendlay row for 12 or ohp for 1
>>
>>74119728
Traveling right now but you mog me, I don't dispute that
>>
>>74119088
>>74119728
>>74119711
Not him op, but 1plt isn't that impressive. I can rep 135 for 10 maybe 11 but I still look terrible here's my back though you got pretty good lats but you gotta hit biceps and rear delts more brother
>>
>>74119795
Wow my right rear delt looks non existent wtf
>>
>>74119088
Its relative strength at your strength level. It's not saying your press is weak for a 80kg lifter, its saying your press is weak for someone who rows as much weight as you do and wants a well rounded strength level. If you go and lower your row numbers, the press number will go up
>>
>>74119592
Just add weighted chinups to 1/2/3/4. Maybe 1/2/2/3/4

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.