[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: lose.jpg (71 KB, 615x680)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Hello there.

I'm trying to lose a ton of weight, I've already read/looked through a lot of the guides and such provided here. I'm wondering if anyone has any personal tips for me though. I need them.

I'm 6'1 and weigh just about 401 pounds on the dot.

I have a little over a year to lose a fair amount of the weight and most of the fat, or it'll be the rope before the obesity itself kills me.

As of a few days ago I've already started a fairly big calorie deficit and cutting out the vast majority of the processed foods, sticking to chicken, various fruits and some rice. I know it's nothing fancy, why do you think I'm coming to ask people here?

For clarification, my goal is not to gain a bunch of muscle or even become very skinny or anything, I just wanna be able to wear a normal fucking shirt and do a pushup or situp. I have big expectations to live up to in my family, but I'm never gonna be able to achieve them the way I look and with my current lifestyle. It's not like I turned out this way because I wanted to be fat or didn't care, both my grandfather and dad, and my mother and her mother, all overweight. I grew up in a family that didn't have any care in the world for this stuff and I was too afraid and senseless to reach out for help or try doing things myself until now.

As I said earlier, I've got just about 1 year to fix myself. I like to believe that anything is possible but I'm also stupid, especially when it comes to this. Why do you think I'm reaching out to y'all? It's all or nothing so I have all the motivation I need, and I also have a small amount of money to spend on this outside of food and just general staying alive.

Any tips tricks or personal experience is appreciated, I'm in a complete fucking hole right now. I'll do almost anything to get out. Maybe this will seem like some sort of challenge to y'all, or maybe you'll tell me to get lost.
>>
File: 4ji1zuclfdec1.png (868 KB, 736x736)
868 KB
868 KB PNG
>>74119634
Good job on getting started. Most people don't even get that far.

Sounds like a solid plan, the only tip I can give you is to give yourself more time and incorporate some diet breaks after about 8-12 weeks of eating in a deficit. During this period, eat at maintenance for about 6-8 weeks to allow your body to get used to it's new weight, required amount of food and restore it's hormone balance.

Most people getting off a diet go right back to eating what they were before. This results in slingshotting the weight back up because they did not allow themselves to slowly ease into their new normal. Diet breaks also help with diet fatigue.

Godspeed anon
>>
File: GKwegXSWoAApXY7.png (218 KB, 520x600)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>74119659
>give yourself more time
I'll try and take as much time as I can, but some parts of my life can't just wait. I'll have at least an extra month or two if things go as usual. If I'm lucky, maybe even more.
>>
>>74119634
>weigh just about 401 pounds
I have no idea what kind of outlier stuff this would entail.
>>
>>74119634
>For clarification, my goal is not to gain a bunch of muscle or even become very skinny or anything, I just wanna be able to wear a normal fucking shirt and do a pushup or situp.
Fucking lift, faggot. You might think you don't want to gain a bunch of muscle but you're a big boy now and if you lose weight without putting on at least some muscle to replace it then you'll be left covered in saggy loose skin like an old man's testicle.
You don't need to go wild but do something. Gym memberships aren't expensive and you can make good progress with just 3 or 4 1-hour sessions a week.
>>
>>74119634
>I'm trying to lose weight blahblahblah femoid tons of paragraphs about nothing
eat less, if you can't eat less then fast
>>
>>74119778
From what i read that seems like one of the core components. I'll look into gyms around here and start off somewhere. 100% better then nothing.
>>
>>74119634
Focus on eating MORE protein. It is what makes fat loss possible without having to sacrifice muscle. Exercise should be minimal and low intensity.
>>
>>74119975
>Exercise should be minimal and low intensity.
What a retarded thing to say. There is no reason OP shouldn't be exercising and exercising hard.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.