[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Same with upper back exercises like lat pulls or rows. Can they be safely ignored?
>>
>>74119755
just do squats and deadlifts lol
>>
>>74119755
This is a dyel workout. The hardest thing about it is having to do it with good form otherwise newbies are going to try that and fucking think they're working there core muscles when really they're just waving their arm up and down like a retard.

I think honestly all kettlebell workout should be avoided unless you 100% know what the fuck you're doing
>>
>>74119755
everything should be gauged as benefit vs risk. the benefit of doing lower back exercises is vastly dwarfed by the risk of the harm they can potentially cause
>>
Reason why I was asking is because I mainly intend on playing badminton, jogging, or doing jump rope. I found jogging and jump rope works the lower back just fine on their own. Is it likely I'll get an injury down the line for not doing any lower back exercises at all?
>>
>>74119915
Also with this newbie exercise I can imagine the kettlebell going through a fucking mirror hitting the person in front of you or maybe behind you or breaking a piece of equipment in the area
>>
>>74119925
It really depends you kind of want all your muscle groups to be and step with each other or maybe maximum one step behind at least have a few lower back exercises a day when you work out just to keep things on an even.

When you have a back muscularity that doesn't match the labor intensity of whatever the fuck you're doing you know injuries inevitable
>>
>>74119940
This is OP. I do a lot of core exercises and I feel a lot of them work the lower back as well. They don't work them as well as deadlifts, back extensions, KB swings, etc but they still do. For upper back, I do lat pulls or pull ups cus I feel this area doesn't get targetted well unless you do some deliberate pulling motion.

I mean I could just do nordic curls at home, single leg bridge, or buy a 20kg kettlebell, but I'd rather not buy extra equipment if I don't need to. I do have access to a university gym, but their hours are limited.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.