[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Medial+Deltoid+Muscle.jpg (136 KB, 1080x1080)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
high reps or heavy weight to grow this useless but aesthetic motherfucker ?
>>
>>74120198
Both will work.
Which one will work better depends on you, how you train, how you respond, and so on.
For me what's working is overloads and static holds. Fuck presses, get in with push presses and jerks, controlling the eccentric as much as possible instead of just dropping the weight
But you might respond better to other shit.
>>
dumbell lateral raise.
i do 2 heavy sets of 6 cheat reps and then 2 strict drop sets.
>>
>>74120198
I go for a burnout set every time I do shoulders.
Warm up with a slow, controlled set with a full range of motion with resistance bands, then go for a heavy set with weights. I swap right back to the resistance bands for full range again
>>
>>74120198
>>74120231
>>74120233
>>74120249
10-15 overhead unilaterally, just hold it with straight arm and internally rotate shoulder - hold it there for half a minute, do microextensions with internal rotations if u can't hold it like that, look away from it (easy to fuck up neck otherwise)
next day your side delts will be literally swollen

>push presses and jerks
anterior delt ONLY AND IMPINGEMENT
>burnout set every time
you can't isolate that muscle any other way than i described above - u're burning out joints, ligaments, anterior delt, sth - not side delt
>dumbell lateral raise
garbage, impingement and no time under tension because muscle rubs on bones in shoulder and it precludes it from flexing, holding muscular tension - no growth, even bummer shoulders than before
>>
>>74120714
>10-15 kg overhead unilaterally
>>
>>74120198
start with upright row then smash em with either dumbbells or cable lateral raises
>>
File: 4274245241.jpg (8 KB, 211x239)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>74120714
>>
>>74120198
8-15 reps, no momentum. 2nd most difficult exercise to add weight to, but you have to try.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.