[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 94vqz.jpg (45 KB, 449x401)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
I asked the instructor at the kickboxing gym a question about turning the hips when counter punching after a slip and a woman and I assume her boyfriend laughed at me. I don't think it was an unreasonable question?
>>
>>74120680
Maybe it wasnt the content of your question they were laughing at. Could you have been wearing something autistic? Could there have been a greater context. Maybe you ask a question everyday, and they had a bet that you would do it again today.
>>
>>74120693
Everyone wears the same uniform.
>Maybe you ask a question everyday, and they had a bet that you would do it again today.
Do you find something odd about the idea of asking questions when trying to learn?
>>
>>74120740
Yes ofcourse.
>>
>>74120740
It may be unusual if you're the only one, but not bad. It's just that people are amused by repeating things like that. If that's what it is, they probably don't look down on you.
>>
>>74120680
Would he even beat someone adept thats way smaller than him?

You should practice dodges into counters on a bag even, practice is what makes it second nature and 2x faster in practice. You should have several entries and counters nailed, sounds weird to practice hands up on the bag but thats your #1 way to nail techniques every time.

Btw hows your entry skipping side kick and sliding front kick? I like those, jumping switch front kick both legs, and sliding rear side kick. The biggest flex is to just not even take it hard on the dude in sparring and to be able to block tank and dodge anything he throws1 but yeah work on your side kick variations and mobility to just own him in sparring before it even started hell be pissed.
>>
>>74120680
Are you SURE they were laughing at YOU and not SOMETHING ELSE?
>>
>>74121007
And always know how to shorten a technique especially in kickboxing. A good move against any kick is stepping in to box, so watching their feet to see if theyre going in or out on it can land you a heavy ass kick if you can turn your sidekicks in and lean in on it more or to go shoulders in and drop your weight on them early. Footwork is first but you have to be able to put power down on demand.

For boxing look at mike tysons double front hands and kickboxing its more hands down for counterweight hit or get hit, all footwork. I like to stay neutral upper body and lean in when you know you got them in your distance.
>>
>>74121018
Yeah maybe the instructor being less than the student or being a noob thinking they can beat him regardless.

Anyways, full send punch takes setup, getting good at 100%ing on demand is his goal and practicing blocks/dodges into punches is the goal. Footwork/posture is first, practice on the heavy bag 10x as much as sparring.
>>
>>74120680
in other news a man is surprised that normies will laugh at anything that shows you're actually thinking
have you really not learned how the stupid behave?
>>
File: 556745941.jpg (31 KB, 462x450)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>74120680
someone laughed at you? oh my poor anon what ever are we going to do?
>>
>>74120680
Sounds like you took their reaction out of context,why would they laugh at you asking such a regular question? Maybe they were laughing at something else.
>>
If you're the guy I think you are we've got a betting pool going of whether or not you'll come back after each lesson. Yes we're laughing at you, yes we're giving you bullshit advice.
>>
>>74121157
don't be naive
>>
>>74121882
are you ugly? do you stammer when you talk? Does your body language look like you're uncomfortable in public? I just find it hard to believe,that never happens to me unless if I make an error in a sentence that sounds like I was saying something else while talking to someone.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.